Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Arc)
Wand
Ebony, Dragon heart-string, 9 1/2 inches
Kira had to admit, adjusting was hard. She had returned to New Zealand after her year abroad, while Arc had returned to Scotland, and had both settled into their separate schooling. It had taken several weeks to adjust to her bed being empty again. They had both quickly grown very busy, and it had been nearly a month since she had seen him. She decided that was long enough, and made her way to the university. He had a dorm here, and though she would have liked it if he had stayed at the Inn, she knew it was more convenient to be on campus.

She decided though that they were overdue for a visit, and found her way over to Scotland to see him. Finding his dorm room was easy enough, though she pouted when she found it empty. Deciding to wait for him, she set the food she'd brought on his deck and stretched out on his bed. She'd brought along a bag, in case she ended up staying the night. She had her own school books with her. She pulled one out and started to study, determined to wait him out. It wasn't long, though, before she started to drift, and after a little while she had fallen asleep atop her notebook.

It had become rather challenging to combine his education with his relationship now that he was back in Scotland, and while Arcturus thought that they had been doing a stellar job of it so far, he knew that there was room for improvement. He'd been planning on getting the two of them very cheap telephones, something he only learned about recently from his classmates, which made him feel stupid for not remembering such devices from Muggle Studies, so that the two of them could communicate without having to use owls. Having owls fly in and out of his window would surely look suspicious to a few, he thought. What was also suspicious was that he could see a light shine in his room from outside the building, which he thought was odd as he hadn't turned on any of the light when he left his dorm. Quickly making his way inside the building and up the stairs to his room, he found the door unlocked. He opened the door carefully, only peeking into his room at first just in case. ''Kira?'' he said surprised once he noticed her on his bed, unaware still that she had fallen asleep.

Last edited:
Kira stirred a little at the voice, but really only enough to roll over before settling down again. She hadn't slept well, between school and the sudden separation. His bed was oddly warm and smelled familiar enough it kept her from waking up right away.

Arcturus quietly closed the door behind him as he stepped into the room, surprised as ever that Kira had gotten around to visit them here in Scotland what with her busy schedule and all. He was planning on going to the inn for a weekend soonish to both visit his girlfriend and best friend but seeing her earlier than he expected he'd do, well he definitely wasn't going to object to it. He went to sit on the bed next to her, smiling brightly and brushing some of her hair out of her face. ''Hey, Kiki, wake up,''

Kira hummed softly when she felt the hand on her face. Her eyes fluttered open and she smiled softly. She stretched, yawning. She rubbed her eyes, settling into the bed a little. "Hey, you," She greeted, opening up her arms. "Brought you food," She yawned again, her body taking a second to wake up.

Arcturus couldn't stop himself from smiling as Kira slowly woke up, coming in for a hug before sitting back on the bed again. ''You should have told me that you were coming to visit, I would have made sure to be back on time.'' He turned his head towards the food she mentioned and found his stomach growling. ''Oh man, I'm starving,'' he mumbled. ''Do you mind if I?'' he asked, motioning towards the food.

Kira smiled, hugging him tightly a moment before sitting up and stretching again. "If I told you it wouldn't be a surprise," she teased him lightly, brushing her hair back. She giggled lightly as he asked if he could eat. "Well, I brought it for you. But if you really need to ask," She leaned forward with an impish grin. "Only if I get a kiss first, Mr. Rabson," she teased him. It had really been too long since they'd been together, she had missed him.

Arcturus smiled at what she said, thinking that she made a fair point by not telling him that she'd visit him here. He would have been in his dorm already waiting for, looking nice and proper instead of being in whatever he was wearing currently. Thankfully, Kira didn't seem to mind his sloppy appearance at the moment. Stomach growling again, he leaned forward and kissed her lips, only now realising how much he had actually missed her in the month that they were apart. He pulled back after a few seconds and smiled up at her before reaching for the food she'd brought with her. ''Mhm, this is good,'' he said between bites. ''Definitely better than what I would've gotten myself.''

Kira smiled softly, kissing him back sweetly. She hummed and settled against his headboard. "Let me guess," she smiled impishly. "You would have something cheap and easy?" She offered, laughing lightly. "You need to have actual food every now and again." She chuckled. "If Tyra finds out what you're eating she'll be here three times a week force feeding you," She teased.

''I would not dare eat something unhealthy,'' Arcturus lied, pushing the trashbin with loads and loads of empty noodle packets away from view. Munching contently on the food Kira had brought with her, he shook his head at her teasing. ''Tyra doesn't have to know what I eat for dinner, though,. Besides, what is she going to do, come to the university in person? I'd like to believe that this place is safe from Tyra's 'mom instinct','' he joked.

Kira rolled her eyes, smiling softly. She didn't believe him for a second. She shushed him, reaching out and pressing a finger to his lips. "Shhhh, if you doubt her powers to mother it will make her appear," She teased him, running a finger slowly down his jaw before reaching down and stealing a bite of his food. She leaned back, taking it a moment to eat it. "Do you have anything to drink hidden away in here or should I go get something?" She asked.

The last thing Arcturus wanted right now was for his girlfriend's older sister to pop up in his dorm, so decided against doubting Tyra's powers to mother things. ''Just don't tell her when you see her again, will you? I love her but I don't need her telling me I should change my diet,'' he said with a soft chuckle. Knowing Kira, however, she was probably going to let it slip anyway. He stood up and moved towards the mini-fridge underneath his desk. ''I've only got water so that will have to do for now.'' Arcturus got two mini-waterbottles out of it and threw one of them towards Kira. ''So, missy, how are things going on the other side of the world?''

Kira giggled softly, shaking her head. "I promise I'll try," she gave him a playful wink. She caught the water. She smiled, taking a sip and enjoying the coolness. "It's been busy. I think Jason has been trying to wear me out," She brushed her hair back. "When I'm not studying he takes me in to shadow him at the hospital." She sipped her water. "What about you, love? How's university treating you?" She asked, reaching over for his hand.

Arcturus turned back towards the bed again and crawled onto it to sit beside Kira. ''Well, so long as you are learning things from Jason it's all alright, isn't it?'' Knowing full well that Jason only meant the best for Kira, he was sure that if she'd ask for a break every once in a while, the man would give it to her. Either that or experience the wrath of his wife when she finds out that he's overworking Kira. ''University is going as expected, I think. It's mostly just been classes and then study afterwards.'' Arcturus also went to the pub more often with some of his friends here but that was really only during the weekends or after an exam to distress a bit. ''It's been grand except for the fact that I don't get to see you as often.''

Kira chuckled, shifting to curl up more into his side. She ran her fingers lightly in absent patterns over his leg. She nodded along, laughing lightly as he talked. She leaned up, pressing a light kiss to his jaw. "I miss you, too, handsome," she told him, settling her head on his shoulder. "How's school going? Are you doing well?" She smiled.

Arcturus wrapped his arms around Kira as she curled up into his side, smiling softly and enjoying the fact that he could cuddle with her again even if it was just for a few hours. He had missed dearly it in the month they spent apart. ''Oh, wow, Jason must really be wearing you out, eh? Didn't you just ask me that question?'' He asked with a slight chuckle, pressing a kiss onto his girlfriend's forehead. ''Anyhow, I'd like to believe that I'm doing OK so far. I'm just glad that you are here.''

Kira giggled, shaking her head and curling up closer, nuzzling her nose into his neck after he kissed her forehead. "No, silly. I asked how you liked university. This time I want to know about your classes. If you're doing well, if they're hard or ridiculously easy. It's similar, sure." She continued trailing her fingers over his leg. "I'm glad I'm here, too. I've missed you," she reached up, pressing a kiss to his jaw.

Arcturus blamed not understanding Kira's question by how tired he was feeling from studying in the library all day. It had been a long day and would have been much longer had his girlfriend not come by to visit, she probably wasn't going to let him pull off an all-nighter now. ''I think classes are going well, things have mostly been as I expected things would be, which is nice,'' Arcturus told his girlfriend, smiling at her. ''I don't know which school gives me more homework, to be honest, but it's a lot better than Charms of Defence Against the Dark Arts.'' He had always struggled with those subjects so was happy to finally be able to drop them even if his parents thought that they were useful subjects. ''How about you? You said Jason is wearing you out? You're getting enough sleep, right?''

Kira laughed softly. She had to admit, the practical classes were better than the classes they'd taken back at HNZ. She was enjoying it, and she could tell he was, too. She hesitated as he asked about her sleep, leaning back a little bit to peek up at him through her chocolate hair. "I'll make you a deal, Rabson. I won't ask about your sleep if you don't ask about mine," she teased, running her hand a little higher up his leg. "I also think I can get away with staying with you tonight. Wanna put in a movie we're both going to sleep through?" She laughed lightly, looking up to him with sparkling blue eyes.

Arcturus thought it was a fair deal to make, as she was probably not going to like his sleep schedule. He chuckled instead and nodded in agreement, although he should probably ask Tyra to keep an eye out for Kira because he did not want her to overwork herself so soon. ''I could use the company always,'' he replied. ''It's been a while and I definitely wouldn't mind you staying the night... I didn't bring a lot of movies with me, however.'' He didn't think that he would have to tell her which movies he did bring with him to his dorm, there was only one box set on the stand next to his Muggle television - Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga

Kira chuckled, shifting away so she could slip off her shoes. She got up and walked over to his closet, looking through his clothes a moment. "Well I'm fairly sure neither of us will pay much attention to whatever you put in, so whichever Star Wars rerun it is will be just fine," She teased. She selected one of his shirts, taking a moment to undress and slip into it before walking back over and curling up next to him again. "Which one is it?" she asked, cuddling into his side again.

Arcturus was slightly taken aback by what Kira said as she was looking through his clothes, though figured that he should have seen it coming since they had been away from each other for such a long time ''Skip Star Wars, one does not do easily,'' he said, doing his best Yoda impression. It didn't take him much to change his mind on that, though. When Arcturus woke up the following morning, he found himself not regretting his decision to skip Star Wars at all. It was nice to wake up next to his girlfriend again, it was something he had definitely missed during their time apart. If only she could stay a little longer.

Kira giggled lightly, crawling back into bed with Arc. "Whatever you say, Yoda," she teased. The night passed by quickly, the morning coming all too soon. She grumbled softly when she felt Arcturus stir. She rolled, curling up into his side and hiding her face in his chest. "No, sleep," she whined softly, trying to cuddle closer.

Arcturus chuckled and decided against moving out of bed, thinking that it would not be smart to mess with a tired Kira. He wrapped his arm underneath her so he could hold her closer to him and smiled. ''You do know that I have plans to study later, right?'' he whispered. ''You did come here unannounced after all,'' He wouldn't mind moving his schedule around a bit, though.

Kira sighed softly, smiling warmly and rubbing her foot against his, tangling up their legs again. "If you really have to, I'll let you go," she murmured, brushing her nose gently along the skin of his neck as she cuddled into him. "I know I should've called," she yawned, content not to move again. "I've really missed you, love," she pressed a soft kiss to his neck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back