Unknown
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Dederick
Wand
Briars rowan, 15", with centaur (aspens) tail hair and my werewolf fur
Hi
As you can probably tell, Briar was brought up by centaurs. however to RP her accurately i really need to know a bit about centaurs, and their culture and traditions before i can actually RP accurately especially to proper centaurs. and as i dont have any centaur accounts, and dont intent to create any in the near future, i just would like to know some background to make her seem more realistic.
thanks

I can help with that! ^_^

The centaurs we roleplay should be acting as per canon, so whatever we know about J.K. Rowling’s centaurs is what you should be basing your roleplay on. However, I don’t think Nick or anyone else interested in that kind of thing would mind if you took a few elements from traditional centaurs in order to replicate the environment that Briar would have grown up in.

J.K. Rowling’s centaurs I liken to J. M. Barrie’s mermaids in their talents. Centaurs are in touch with all things mysterious but are predominantly star gazers, gathering such knowledge from the movements of stars and planets that tell them the best times to hunt, snatches of the future and other such useful information. As such, they are often cryptic in speech and spend a lot of time gazing at the heavens and rarely sharing their knowledge with human kind.

However, they are social creatures of course, and Briar’s story is quite an extraordinary one. In most accounts of centaurs that have been written, they are generally intolerant to humans (generally because humans are intolerant to them) and alliances between the two species are few and far between in history. Centaurs have great pride and honor and are steadfast in their laws. Along with being stargazers, they are great poets & writers, craftsmen, hunters and warriors and occasionally known to be fond of innocent human children. (As Firenze said in the harry Potter series “We do not harm young” or something along that line).

We know that centaurs are hierarchical, having elders and leaders and suchlike. You might also assume that there are huntsmen, crafters, warriors and, since it is part of their culture, wise-men or those-most-knowleable-in-the-rhythyms-of-the-universe or what have you. Briar would probably be quite familiar with these ‘rankings’, I suppose, and also of the fact that female centaurs are few and far between (which is common in most accounts. At least, females are rarely seen). You could imagine they have their own celebrations/traditions/rituals etc, but no point going into any more depth.

I hope that’s helped!

Thank you that has helped an awful lot.
just one more thing. does anyone know wether centaurs have their own language?

Topic Closed and Archived

Your question/issue has either been resolved or is unanswerable.
If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to open another topic in the FAQ forum, we're always pleased to answer your questions.

Thank you,

~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back