Closed Celebrations of Us

Linden smiled as cas nuzzled against him. who’s the sweet talker now he said before returning Caspers kiss. Then cas was off. Music playing and decorations hanging. Slowly turning the apartment into a Christmas wonderland. Lin helped but cas was in his element. The appartment slowly transforming from its shally home to a Christmas wonderland. Once cas was distracted he started in the contents of his bag. It wasn’t blue or silver. Though maybe the white berries were close. He attached some to the cealing above the sofa and above the door frame. One in the kitchen and one near the studio. He paused standing I. The doorway watching cas again totally in his element he didn’t think he had ever seen him smile this much. hey cas. When you have a second can you come over here. I need your opinion about something he said Once again just enjoying cas being free.

Casper lost himself in his work, his vision slowly coming to life. He was drawn from his thoughts when Linden called for him. He set the lights he'd been unravelling down and hopped up, moving over to where Linden was in the flat. "What's up, snowflake?" He asked, looking around at the decorations Linden had been putting up, liking how everything was shaping up.

Linden smiled at the sight of cas on the floor tangled up in fairy lights. Of course they would have lots of fairy lights up. They usually did as they both liked them and Christmas would just amp the energy. But as cas cot closer the smile turned from an innocent fondness gaining a slightly cheeky edge to it. I was wondering if this is okay” he said his grin fully cheeky as he pointed up to the mistletoe hanging on the doorframe above him. He then pulled Cas closer and kissing him before thebman really had much of a chance to answer.

Before Casper could reassure Linden that he liked the decor, he was pulled into an unexpected but completely welcomed kiss. He smiled into it, wrapping his arms around Linden and returning the affection easily. He giggled softly, swaying Linden gently along to the music that was playing. "It's being to look a lot, like, Christmas," He crooned along, completely content to take a break from the decorating to dance barefoot with Linden.

Linden could sense caspers initial sense of surprise when he had kissed him. not that the shock lasted long. cas was kissing him back and they were there swaying and turning to the music "it's the mistletoe cas, you are meant to kiss under the mistletoe" he said. moving to kiss caspers neck feeling the vibration of caspers voice as he sang along to the song "Toys in every store" he added as they began swaying in the room the two of them a perfect bubble of happiness in a far larger world.

Cas peeked up, noticing the Mistletoe for the first time. He chuckled, shaking his head. "It's beautiful," He murmured, trying to spin Linden before drawing him in close again. He nestled into Linden, shutting his eyes and smiling softly. "This is wonderful," He murmured, sighing softly in content. Cas just felt so... at peace, in that moment, and honestly he wasn't sure he'd ever felt like this before.

Linden feltl ike they were in a bubble as they swayed in the sitting room. a perfect bubble of a moment. he let cas spin him "no Casper you are beautiful" he said as they ended up even closer together caspers breath on his cheek and his arms held around caspers waist. he rested his head against Caspers. Caspers eyelashes tickling his cheek. "yes. a magical moment" he said. He almost didn't want to call it a perfect moment. as he didn't want to add pressure to it. that was what made it so perfect was how relaxed he felt, and how free cas seemed. they stood like that for a while. the song ended another started. "I only wish us one more year, and then i want them all" he sang along softly with the song before kissing Casper's cheek. not wanting to move far or really say anything and risk breaking the moment.

Casper chuckled softly, conversation dying out as he slow danced with Linden under the mistletoe. Deciding to spice things up a bit, Casper wiggled his fingers and cast a small spell, and soft snow began to fall around them, the shades closing to dim the room. He listened to Linden sing along for a moment before pulling him close for a slow, sweet kiss.

Linden held Casper close. The conversation between them sinking into a comfortable silence.
He felt Casper move, and a moment later, the world around them was filled with sparkles and snow making it feel even more like they were in a snow globe than before. So, let's stay right here. Until forever disappears” he sang to the music. ”I love you, buttercup” he whispered before he kissed Casper back slow and soft. That was until there was a meow de twisting its way around their ankles. He let go of cas to pick up the feline. ”I love you too, little one” he crooned. holding the cat between them ”I do have a few sprigs of mistletoe left where should I hang them” he said he had a couple of ideas. But wondered if cas had any better ones.

Casper was lost in the moment, content to never again be found. At least, until Lapis joined them. He chuckled, stealing another kiss before rubbing behind Lapis' ears. "Why don't you surprise me, snowflake?" He offered warmly. "It'll be fun not knowing when I'll get free kisses,' He winked playfully, stealing a final kiss before returning to his decorating.

Linden smiled at Caspers comment. ”you can get free kisses any time cas” he said. Giving him a final light squeeze and a peck of a kiss before letting lapis down. "maybe I should put one of two bits upstairs” he said as cas moved back to the decorating. He made his way up the ladder to their bedroom, no, Casper's bedroom that they often shared. And was greeted by a pile of jumpers and jackets on the bed. "did you try on half your wardrobe before coming today? You know I don't care what you're wearing” he said. Before returning to the room and starting to fold the clothes to put away.

Casper chuckled. “Shhh, let me have fun with it,” He teased. He loved on Lapis a moment when the cat wound between his legs before focusing on his work. He rolled his eyes a little at Lindens comment. “Oh, please, you know I look fabulous!” He threw back. “Let me finish putting up these lights and I’ll come put those away,” He called to Linden, already in the process of hanging a few lights. Cas had considered what to do with the glass ceiling before deciding in the end that honestly, it would just be best to put in a good deal of lights and let them reflect.

Linden's lips twisted into a slightly sly, slightly flirtatious smile “have as much fun as you want to with it, buttercup” he said, picking up a shirt and putting it on a hanger. He rolled his eyes at Casper's comment. But no matter how eye-rolling it was, he was pleased. The cas of a few months ago would never have had the confidence. you look fabulous no matter what you are or aren’t wearing.” he said, picking up a particularly garishly sparkly red Christmas tree jumper. And folding it before putting it in a draw. He then picked up a jacket, and as he did so, a small package fell out of a pocket. He picked it up and was just about to put it back in when he saw his name in Casper's neat calligraphy on the top. He turned it over. He should put it back. He knew he should. But there was something about a small box that had him, against his better judgement, standing and slowly turning it in his hands.

Casper was humming along to the Christmas music happily, working to unwind and untangle lights. After a bit of silence, Cas finished pinning up a string of lights. “Lin, you okay?” He called, picking up some more decorations.

Last edited:
Linden stood there, lost in the idea of the box and the only thing he could think of behind it. As much as he tried to reason that it was probably something else. Not a ring he couldn’t get his mind off the thought of what if it was. And how would he respond? At least he wasn’t going to be asked out of the blue. He had a bit of time to prepare and come up with a response. It was only when he heard Caspers’s voice that he realised he had been still for a while mulling it over in his head. ”yeah, I’m, I’m fine” he said in almost a squeak before frantically slipping the box into Casper’s jacket pocket and putting it on a hanger and into the wardrobe. Not wanting cas to see him with the box. Not wanting cas to think he was spoiling the surprise. Now, what was he doing? Ahh, yes, mistletoe, tinsel. ”Do you think putting some mistletoe above the bed should I stick to tinsel ” he called down to cas. Looking down to where his man was working.” all those lights look good” he said a little surprised at how quickly things were coming together.

Cas looked up, smiling at Linden as he popped up over the edge of the loft. “Just stick to tinsel over the bed,” He called back up with a teasing smile. “We still have to go get the tree, and make dinner, and finish decorating,” He countered. He blushed as LInden complimented his decorating. “Thanks, it’s really coming together,” He replied easily, stepping back. He ran a hand through his hair, looking around the apartment. “Hey, is my jacket up there? I think we’re actually ready to go grab a tree.”

Linden smiled as cas listed all the things they still needed to do. just tinsel it is. we are making good progress. he said.
When cas asked after his jacket linden tried not to let his thoughts about the box cross his mind. “Which jacket? It’s summer. Are you sure you need it? he asked . Despite it being summer, it was unseasonably cold, sort of on the edge of jacket and non-jacket weather. He would go without or wear a hoodie knowing cas would want it. But Casper was a little more sensitive to it being cold.

Last edited:
Casper chuckled. “The lighter one, it’s grey with a black trim,” He told Linden, gathering up the decorations and moving them near to where he wanted to put the tree up. “Do you want me to come up and grab it?” He asked, setting his things down before turning to look up towards the loft.

Linden knew exactly which jacket cas was referring to. While it is true. Cas did have a few jackets of various cuts, colours and styles there was only one that had been on the beanbag. Only one (hopefully) that had a box in its pocket with his name on it. ”no, it’s alright, I got it” he said hastily pulling it back out of the wardrobe. And heading back down to where cas was. In the time that he had been upstairs, cas had put up more lights and tinsel, and the whole place was sparkling. ”wow cas. Where is the tree even going to fit?” he asked, holding the jacket out, trying not to think about how much heavier the jacket felt be it the weight of the box or the weight of expectation. and trying not to hold it where he knew the box was. And trying to make it look like he wasn't actively trying not to do those things. All of which was harder than it should be.

Cas fidgeted with the placement of some lights, turning as Linden approached. Cas smiled, taking the jacket and slipping it on. He could tell that something was on Lindens mind, and Cas tilted his head, studying his boyfriend. “What’s on your mind, Lin?” He asked, but before Linden could respond, understanding and embarrassment slipped onto his face. “Ohhh dear, you saw in my jacket, didn’t you?” Cas laughed nervously. “Bad Lin, you’ve spoiled my surprise.” He joked, rubbing the back of his neck.

Linden tried to keep his face straight. His expression nutural and his eyes away from the damned pocket. ”nothing” he lied so unconvincingly that even lapis would not believe it. ”I, i didn’t, it sort of fell out” he said. Looking at cas feeling his face warm with guilt and embarrassment. I didnt mean to.” he said. Leaning forward and resting his forehead against caspers shoulder. ”I’m Sorry” he said wrapping his arms around Casper

Casper chuckled, just holding him closer. “Hey, it’s alright,” He promised, pulling Linden over to the couch and sitting him down. “Well, you know, I suppose the surprise is gone, but,” He reached in and pulled it back out. He offered the box out. “I was going to ask you on Christmas, but,” He smiled at Linden shyly. “Do you think maybe you’re finally ready to move in with me?” He asked, opening up the box to show Linden the hand painted key ring.

Linden let Casper soothe him and direct them both over to the sofa. He could feel it coming to a serious talk. That box could only hold one thing. And he wasn’t ready to be asked that. He was only eighteen. This must be how willow felt when Noe had asked her. Except he knew that he would say yes. He was already ready to admit he felt forever about cas. That was never a question. When he thought about his future Casper was front and centre in it. But it was a big difference between knowing that you wanted something in the future and being asked for that level of commitment now. ”cas I love you. You dont have to ask or do anything now or ever. You can wait until Christmas. You can wait until later” he said. Before taking the box that cas offered out to him. Part of him willing cas to stop now when he had the chance. Part of him fizzing with anticipation.

When the question came. It was not what was expecting. He let out a breath that he hadn’t known he had been holding. He was relieved. Massively relieved but it sort of felt a little anticlimactic and, even a little bit disappointing. ”Oh” he said as he steadied his thoughts. ”Casper. You know i am practically living here already?” he said. ”I have been finding excuses to spend more time here.” he said. Initially, he had promised cas three nights a week. Then in august, he had upped it to four when cas was struggling with anxiety. When the gallery had come up he had upped it again. Coming over every day some days just for dinner others to stay. ”I think of here as my home already, not mum and dads place. You are my home cas” he said leaning towards him and feeling every bit as home here on the sofa with cas it is was possible to be.

Casper chuckled, pulling Lin in and running his hand through his hair. “Don’t be silly,” He teased. “I know that.” He pressed a kiss to Lins temple. “But a gentleman always asks first,” He smiled, leaning his head against Lins. “You didn’t answer,” Cas smiled, and almost to tease Linden Cas slid the key ring over Lindens ring finger.

Linden felt caspers hands in his hair, his kiss on his temple all delicate and caring. ”you are more of a gentleman than me, i was just slowly moving myself in” he said He smiled and kissed cas too, soft and deliberately. When they broke apart he finally answered the question. ”Yes Casper i will move in with you officially” he said as cas took his hand and he only realised what he was doing when he felt the cold metal against is finger he held it up and looked at it his insides starting another rollercoaster of emotions, Expectation, relief, disappointment, love, home, anticipation all circling around. He examined the keyring it was such a cas thing to do. ”It’s gorgeous” he said holding in his palm. Before looking back to cas. ”I love it”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back