Celebrate good times...c'mon!

I finally managed to finish my first novel (again) after I worked out the kinks!
120000+ words, 12 chapters (likely going to be sliced in half because those are lengthy chapters), prologue, 3 part epilogue, and finally the death count: (5/11 major character deaths, 16 minor character deaths, and a ton of unnamed character deaths).

In other news: I have succesfully completed my Master's Degree and am now completely done with uni after five years, which is exciting! And a little bit terrifying.. (I get to put MSc after my name though so I guess that's fun)

I finished my externship this week which means I finished my degree work! Feeling quite accomplished even though I still have to sit an exam and then figure out if I'm going to leave my job to find a full time placement or find a part time placement to complete my hours towards licensure. I'm also very excited to catch up on sleep.

I'm braving up and returning to study next week - it's not something I'm thrilled about cause it's what I'm already doing for a job, but I'm actually doing it so that's a good start!

The main thing I'm celebrating though is actually getting enrolled successfully because this has been an ordeal but we got there just in time. :r

Last edited:
OK anyone who's talked to me for the last two weeks will have noticed I've been a tad stressed and unfocused and things are now final enough that I feel comfortable saying why...

I BOUGHT A HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

My granddad left a surprising amount of money when he passed and my dad is the most generous person on the planet and is helping me out. Home ownership has gotten practically impossible in the last few years and I got super lucky finding a relatively cheap place in a perfect location! And now it's MINE! MY HOUSE!!! THAT I OWN!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, Rowan! 🎉

Probably a weird thing to celebrate but (and since this is pertaining to mental health I'll put it under a spoiler tag in case it is upsetting)...

after like, 12 years of trying to work out what's wrong with me and being in and out of medication and therapy I have finally got what feels like the right diagnosis and start medication today. I'm so relieved and I'm really hopeful that it'll help me with concentration and getting everything together. Being diagnosed with ADHD at 30 is weird but it's also like, everything finally makes sense as to why I'm 30 and haven't been able to put my life together at all, lol. I'm optimistic that today is going to be the start of something better.

The NZ Top of the South Island Film Festival was postponed twice last year because of Covid, but we finally had the festival last night, and :claire:

Hidden content
You need -1 more posts to view this content

The NZ Top of the South Island Film Festival was postponed twice last year because of Covid, but we finally had the festival last night, and :claire:

[Hidden content]
YES YES YES AMAZING YOU DESERVE IT :party:

Probably a weird thing to celebrate but (and since this is pertaining to mental health I'll put it under a spoiler tag in case it is upsetting)...

after like, 12 years of trying to work out what's wrong with me and being in and out of medication and therapy I have finally got what feels like the right diagnosis and start medication today. I'm so relieved and I'm really hopeful that it'll help me with concentration and getting everything together. Being diagnosed with ADHD at 30 is weird but it's also like, everything finally makes sense as to why I'm 30 and haven't been able to put my life together at all, lol. I'm optimistic that today is going to be the start of something better.
So glad you finally have the answers for yourself Camilla :hug: I hope it's a big help for you!!!

[Hidden content]
With the emergence of new threats to the world, everyone has forgotten about the covid. That's how the festival became possible :)

It's been a really hectic month or two for me but as of yesterday, my roommate and I finally closed on our first ever house :party: 🏠 Hopefully I'll have brainspace for other stuff now though I suspect homeownship is gonna be its own thing in of itself but I'm so excited! (And don't worry Kadi's still living with me :hug: )

Friday evening I went and got my 4th tattoo. Very very proud of it. If you can look past the bruising it would be great xD
e4534d57-2160-4927-9308-5c51e437feaa.jpg

Just got my final assessment back, after a couple of annoying resubmissions I finally got it right so I've passed everything and finished my course!!! :party: :frantics:

Now it can finally start to sink in...it's taken me so long and this isn't quite what I pictured myself doing but after years of struggling I have completed a tertiary education course and at the end of the month will have an advanced diploma and can get licenced to work as a conveyancer. Next step's a law degree, maybe...but one thing at a time. :r

After so many failures and falters this is huge :cry:

You've worked so hard for this, congratulations!!!

I work in vet med, and do venipuncture. Recently I had a distraught owner that didn't want their dog to leave their side so I mustered up all my courage and placed an IV catheter in the room in front of the owner. This is unusual because I work in an ER and we do everything in the triage area so I was so nervous I was shaking.

I also placed this left handed instead of with my right due to the angle! I felt really good about it!

Something else, but I feel like mental health is most important and needs to be spoken of more in media/socials. But put it in a spoiler in case people don't want to read and think of it as weird to celebrate.

About a year ago I was overworked, and that continued in a burn out. So I had to take a step back, with first working half days. But that didn't work for me, so had to quit working for some time. I've struggled a lot and never felt worse in my life than back than. Because of all that happening I became depressed and had a lot of anxiety. And came to an conclusion that I've pushed a lot of stuff and feelings away, which all came out.

But I'm half way through therapy and I can say that I feel a lot better and making a good progress. And I've
made an beginning with being at work and do some work to get used to it and experiment a bit. But slowly building up. And that is going well. I have positive feelings again towards work and the place, so I'm kind of proud to have take that step. I have still a long way to go, but I can see that this is the biggest and best lesson in my life.

So like it's kinda a tiny thing, but my spouse and I finally got a dishwasher. We'd been wanting one since moving to our current house, but the house had never had one before, so we knew it would be a bit more complicated to get one, and given that we had just bought a house and then got married, it was just an expense we didn't bother with, until now. And god, it's so good. I love the dishwasher.

I finished my externship this week which means I finished my degree work! Feeling quite accomplished even though I still have to sit an exam and then figure out if I'm going to leave my job to find a full time placement or find a part time placement to complete my hours towards licensure. I'm also very excited to catch up on sleep.
Whoa what a year it has been since I wrote that xD

I passed my clinical licensure exam, the NCMHCE, today! ^_^ I'm now one giant step closer to completing everything I need to be fully licensed! It's such a weight off my shoulders. Now I want to sleeeeeep for a week.

Last edited:
In January I left a toxic relationship and 10 months later I finally feel like myself again after doubting my choices every few days or weeks. I know I made the right choice and I feel like that needs some celebration.

I'm kind of proud of the steps I made while currently recovering from a burn-out. And this week I've started with actually working at the department again and with the patiënts, instead of behind an computer doing administative stuff. It's been a long time and I've learned a lot. We are making progress. :frantics:

Feels too small for this thread but bigger than a tiny victory :r I just booked a real holiday for like the first time ever :frantics: I will be going to Japan for 2 and a half weeks in October. I've wanted to go for years and I finally got sick of waiting for other people to go with. It'll be my first time overseas by myself but my goodness I needed something to look forward to and I'm definitely more excited than scared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back