Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Jade<3
Wand
Knotted 9½ inch yew wooden wand, doxy wing core and unyielding
The blonde Gryffindor was just a few weeks on Hogwarts now. She had different lessons from all kind of different Professors. It were a lot of new impressions, not only the classes but the whole experience on Hogwarts NZ until so far. Evelyn was done with being inside, it was a lovely sunny day so she wanted to catch some sunlight. She wasn't sure where she wanted to go, but outside was her first priority. Evelyn walked through the hallways on her way outside and looked at the furniture. She stopped for a moment to check out the sculpture that stood before her. They really had no taste here at Hogwarts that was for sure. She missed her own house, and especially her own bedroom. It was just so new for Evelyn, she never had to share anything with anyone, even not with her brother. Because they got from everything two, for Evelyn one and for Espen one. So it was a bit of a shocker that she didn't got her own bedroom. Her mother told her before she left that she would learn how to share with others and called her a brat. Her mother did that often and Evelyn hated her for it. But Evelyn didn't believed what her mother said, that she wouldn't have her own bedroom. But she was right.. unfortunately.

Evelyn arrived outside near the Lakefront and saw in the distance something that looked like a garden. She decided to check it out, so walked towards it.
Maybe there is hope left for Hogwarts after all? she thought. She hoped that there was one place in this huge castle that she will like. But after all Evelyn was almost never satisfied. She was only happy with the best and it had to be perfect. She arrived at The Rosebushes and when she walked further a smile appeared on her face. It was a garden with a lot of roses, and Evelyn really liked roses. There were different colours and she wanted to pick one, to put on a table right beside her bed. Evelyn walked through the Rosebushes to find the perfect rose, that would symbolize herself.

"I can't see me lovin' nobody but you
For all my life
When you're with me, baby the skies'll be blue
For all my life"

Zara hummed the older song to herself as she sat cross legged in a simple t-shirt and jeans, what was probably one of the simplest items of clothing in her closet. With her hair down and simple nude flats covering her feet, it was probably the plainest outfit she had worn at Hogwarts yet. Not by choice, as her mother made the majority of decisions when it came to her wardrobe. Although she thought it ridiculous that her mother couldn't trust her to make her own clothing choices, she was long used to it and was now just glad that she had at least some options on how to mix and match her clothes.

So not too far from the Rosebushes she sat, singing the happy song as she weaved a few flowers together to make a flower crown. She had lost the flower crown that the Wild Patch club had given her at the club fair and thought that she could replicate it while relaxing outside during the nice and sunny day. She had taken Priscilla with her, but not before the grumpy old cat refused to move at first and instead started to claw at her pillow. The thing was lucky she brought any snacks, even if the Gryffindor was very tempted not to. Priscilla lay next to her, the fluffy white cat looking incredibly innocent as he played with a toy mouse. Innocent, ha. But Zar wasn't going to fuss, as she made excellent progress with her flower crown... Crowns now, considering she had found enough fallen roses and petals to make more. Finishing her second, Zar placed one on her before before trying to place the second crown on Priscilla but he quickly shook it off, hissing at her angrily. "Fine, I'll just find someone else," Zar pouted, getting up to look around. Making her way back to the Rosebushes Zar didn't bother look back, knowing that the cat would follow when he exhausted the use of the toy mouse.

As Zara got closer she started to recognize a familiar blonde, and waved to catch her attention. "Hey Evelyn!" Zara called, smiling at the sight of her dormmate. "See you've discovered this little gem. It's really pretty, isn't it!" Which was rhetorical because of course it was pretty. Whoever thought flowers weren't pretty were probably monsters themselves.

Evelyn stopped at a bush of roses and picked one of were she thought it would be perfect for her. She smelled at it and a smile appeared on her face. This was exactly what she needed right now, this little red rose smelled perfect. Every detail and room in Hogwarts was far from perfect. But this rose.. so tiny and fragile, but still perfect. When she got the rose in her hand she smoothed her Skirt. Just when she was done with that she heard a girls voice and looked at the way were it was coming from.

When she looked at the girl that just said her name she saw it was Zara her roommate. '' Hi Zara'' Evelyn responded with a smile. Zara seemed like a sweet and energetic girl, but she had also something naughty. She was sure that Zara would try some things out. When Zara started to speak to Evelyn, the blonde walked towards Zara with her red rose in her hand. Zara had a tiara of flowers on her head, and Evelyn thought it had something. It wasn't really ugly, it was new. And Evelyn liked trying out new fashion styles. She always wanted to be the first with new clothes and a new trend. When Evelyn stood more in the area of Zara so that they could speak normally, she responded at what she just was saying. '' Indeed I did. It is the first place that I like at here.'' Evelyn played with a blonde lock of hair and looked at Zara again. '' But it could be bigger, I guess.'' Just as always it could be more bigger or more beautiful. But this would be her favorite spot from now on at Hogwarts. This was the only place that smelled good. Evelyn decided to ask Zara something so that she would practice showing interest in others. Evelyn liked to talk about herself and what she hated and liked, but that was one of the reasons why she wasn't good in making friends. '' So what were you doing here? Have you been here before?'' The blonde asked.

Zara kind of liked Evelyn, in an odd sort of way. At first she was weary, what with the girl showing up the first night with her horde of stuff and then going and calling Tallulah by the wrong name and all. But then she remembered the way she talked about her brother and Zara could easily tell that Evelyn loved her brother very much, and was disappointed that they weren't in the same house and thus couldn't see each other as often. And Zara resonated with that feeling dearly, missing her own brother at home to an unimaginable extent. So she smiled brightly whenever she sat in classes with Evelyn, and was surprised to find the girl smile back in return. She really didn't look bad at all after that. Maybe a little spoiled but that was a minor fault.

The girl always looked impeccably dressed, Zara noted as she saw the girl's outfit. She looked exactly like the way Zara's own mother wanted her to dress, and Zar knew the both of them would probably take a liking to each other if they met. Similar personalities, truly. Seeing the glance that Evelyn shot towards her own flower crown, Zara dangled the spare one she held in front of her. "I was just making some. Want one? I think it would be a nice accent accessory to your ensemble," Zara winked as she held out the flower crown for her to take; sure, fashion was her mother's thing but that was precisely why she was forced to pick up some of the more common fashion-forward phrases. And then Evelyn explained that this was the first place at Hogwarts NZ that she took a liking too and Zara was surprised. "Really? There are so many pretty places out here! Have you ever seen the Lake as the sun sets? I'll show you some time, it's gorgeous. And then recalling Evelyn's comment about the Rosebush being bigger, she added on. "And the Lake's huge so I don't think size will be a problem," Zara grinned. Even Evelyn must be satisfied at some point. "I'm here to make flower crowns. I discovered it a while ago but only now ever took the time to hang out here." And she was glad she did; it was a beautiful sight.

It was around this point that Priscilla decided to catch up, him affectionately trying to swarm around Evelyn's ankles. Zara was slightly surprised, since although Priscilla was never outwardly mean towards anyone but herself, he was never so affectionate either. Although he was often like so around her mother, and Zara questioned her cat's intelligence as to perhaps recognize their likeliness. "Oh sorry about that! He seems to retally like you, I haven't seen that in a while. Do you want me to move him?" Some people really hated cats. Zara hoped she wasn't one of them, as Priscilla reacted badly to scorn and distaste.

Evelyn was curious what Zara would think of her. For the first time she was just curious what people would think of her here at Hogwarts. Because when she wanted to become famous in the Magical world people needed to like her in some way. And right now she needed to work on that very hard. Evelyn wanted to be herself with her own opinion, so she tried to be always honest. And when you were honest you weren't always nice right? Evelyn hated people that were fake and just smiled to everything, because she needed to accept that even herself wasn't perfect. But she was a true perfectionist and wanted a lot of things to be perfect, just like the rose she picked from the bushes.

When Zara spoke again Evelyn looked at her and then towards her flower creation, that was in some way very cool. The tiara thing with flowers was nice with a dress with it, and Evelyn already tried to figure what she could wear with it. She made an image in her head from the clothes with flowers. '' They are nice. Sure.. why not? It is not that I was doing something else right now.'' Evelyn walked over to Zara and took the flower crown from Zara with a small smile. When Zara responded at her moan she shrugged with her shoulders. '' I haven't seen the lake yet, but I guess that it is just a boring lake.'' Evelyn couldn't help it with thinking like that, because she was used to luxury. And ofcourse she have saw a lake before, and the lake at Hogwarts would not be very special she guessed. But maybe she would visit it anytime soon, if Zara would show her the way. The blonde smiled when Zara said that she took the time to hang out here. '' For me the same, except that I came here to pick a rose for in the bedroom.'' Evelyn smelled at the red rose she just had picked and made sure she didn't stick herself. Just when she wanted to put the rose from her nose away, she felt something hairy. When she looked at what it was she first thought it would be a insect or something but she sighed when she saw that it was a cat. She smiled at the Cat, Evelyn didn't hated animals. She only hated insects like spiders. She went on her knees so she could pet the Cat. '' Don't worry'' She looked at Zara from the ground. '' I like Cats, at home I also have one. But I didn't want to bring her with me.'' She smiled and this cat made her think of her own cat Princess.

Zara was happy that Evelyn accepted the flower crown, nodding knowingly. "Here, lemme adjust it so your hair doesn't get messed up," Zara said, and if Evelyn so allowed her she would just adjust to crown so that it laid nicely on her head. "See? Even prettier than usual!" Zara made sure to say prettier as opposed to just pretty since she suspected Evelyn wouldn't appreciate her saying that she had just become pretty. "No, it's anything but! It sparkles in the light and is very peaceful, and will be better with company. It's a great place to study or read, so we can do that." Zara assured her, making plans in her head immediately. If Evelyn really didn't like Hogwarts that much then she would just have to show her the beauty. She wasn't going to give up on her, and hoped that Evelyn didn't give up on Hogwarts. That's what friends were for, right? Zara took notice of the rose as Evelyn explained her reason for being there, and nodded in appreciation. "It is a very good rose. We could probably ask one of the professors to charm it so that it doesn't go bad quickly." Zara wasn't exactly sure how long the delicate rose would last even with it being watered and given sunlight.

Zara was relieved to know that she wouldn't have to move Priscilla, who would undoubtedly give her a few scratches in the process. Not today Satan, not today. "Ooh, what type of cat is she? What's her name?" Zara asked out of curiosity, watching as Priscilla started to purr. It was so out of character for the cat that Zara almost wondered if she had mixed up her pet but knew from her coat that he was her very own. Weirdo. "If you dangle a flower in front of him he goes crazy. You should check it out," Zara said, urging Evelyn to do so. It was actually a very funny sight, and Zara thought it might elicit a good reaction out of her dorm mate.

It was kinda nice from Zara that she wanted to put the flower crown perfectly on her head, but Evelyn doubted that it was actually perfect. She had to learn to be not so a perfectionist. But when it came to how she would look that was her most important thing.'' Uh.. Thanks Zara!'' And she gave the girl a smile. She took out her little mirror from her bag that she brought with her. And looked at it to see how it actually looked. The flowers were beautiful and the crown was amazing. But Evelyn thought of a other look to match this with. '' I have the perfect look in my mind, to add the flower crown with.'' Evelyn got always excited when she had a idea in her mind for a new look. She could almost never wait to try things on and just let her imagination go. When Zara added even prettier than usual, Evelyn gave her a smile. It was good to hear that, she knew that she was a pretty girl, it was everything that she wanted to be. But it was nice from Zara to say so. It was good for Evelyn's confidence. When she looked around the bushes, she saw a few roses that she wanted to bring along but that could wait. '' Maybe we could do a fashion show in our bedroom, with our flower crowns in our hair. And you could make those and I could do the make-up, hair and clothes from the girls.'' Evelyn started to jump in the air about this amazing idea that got in her mind. Maybe they would start a new trend with the flowercrowns and matching clothes. Evelyn wanted to become a famous person, as a model in magical fashion or just a fashion designer. It was just important that people would know her name. Evelyn dreamed away, but was back to reality when Zara started to speak again.
'' I don't really like reading, but I can bring my Fashion magazines ofcourse. And when really NEED to study I could come perhaps.'' Evelyn was a bit done with all the studying, she worked so very hard to get good grades. And exams were on their way.

About the rose and magical solution was a good idea from Zara, perhaps she could ask Misha about it. '' Good idea, I could always ask Misha.'' Evelyn smiled and winked shortly at Zara. When the cat of Zara came as subject Evelyn thought about her own cat. '' Her name is Rose and she is a Persian white cat.'' She missed her cat a bit, but she had also a dog. That she needed to keep away from eachother. She could not choose who to bring, so she decided to let them stay at home. She didn't want to give them the feeling that she loved one over the other. '' Ok, I hope it doesn't hurt me.'' Evelyn put a flower above Zara her Cat and was curious about what it would do.

Zara caught no sing of the doubt that came from Evelyn when she adjusted the crown for the girl. All she saw was the pleasant surprise when the girl took out her mirror and saw her look. She knew she had gotten through, and that was what she wanted. Getting through to people was kind of one of her things; Zara liked to make friends with just about anybody and Evelyn was no different. Though Zara thought they were already friends so it was just a matter of becoming closer. Quality over quantity, right? She also accepted both. "Ooh I'm sure what you have in mind will be just great! And your fashion show is a great idea, it'll be tons of fun. I can put on some music and set up a little runway. It's great since exams are soon and we all need a break." Sure, Zar wasn't a fashionista but she certainly was a fun-sionista... Er, she enjoyed having a good time with her friends. "You seem to know a lot about fashion. Do you want to do anything with fashion when you're older?" Maybe they were too young to know but they were never to young to dream, and the young Gryffindor was all about dreaming big. "Don't worry, I never usually study either. Fashion magazines are good too," Zara laughed at the suggestion. Sometimes she would flip through one of them when she was younger, but that was only if they were ever lazily discarded anywhere. Which was pretty much never as her mother was the absolute neatest of freaks. She barely remembered what they even looked like.

At the mention of Misha, Zara wiggled her eyebrows. "You like him quite a lot, don't ya?" She smirked out of playfulness before nodding. "... I'd be lying if I didn't think the same. He's really nice and cool. I'll come to ask him with you, if you'd like." It wasn't that important an activity or anything but everything was better with more people! And oh look, she was another person.

Zara listened as Evelyn explained her cat. "Prissy here," She gestured over to the suddenly-cuddly creature purring at her dorm mate's presence, "is part Persian too. Persian Chinchilla, to be exact." If they ever met they would probably like each other, and Zara wondered if her cat was somehow able to sense it? Maybe he could like smell it on Evelyn. Or something. Pheromones, hormones, whatever cats used to figure things out. Zara was pulled out of her thoughts as Evelyn did what was suggested and watched with light amusement as her cat's eyes crossed, the creature standing on its too hind legs as he immediately tried to snatch the dangling flower. "He like forgets he's a cat or something," Zar mused as the cat fell back and tumbled over before promptly standing back up. If only he had any balance.

Zara her positive vibe was good for Evelyn and she really started to see Zara as a friend, but it also felt a bit weird. This feeling of making a friend by just being herself not give any gifts or people that wanted to be a part of her luxe life. So maybe this could work out to a good friendship.'' That is a great idea! I've heard you play before and it is beautiful. I'm also in the mood for something nice! I never worked so hard before in my life..'' For a eleven year old this was the first thing were she actually needed to work for. She didn't just got the grades just as she got a lot of stuff from her dad. This was her first thing that she actually did herself, and it felt not bad. She could proudly say: I did this, after she would have a good grade. '' Thanks for noticing! Yes I want to become a famous model for a magical fashion brand or just design clothes and start my own company. How about you? Do you want to do something with music in the future?'' Evelyn liked how Zara played her instrument, it was nice to listen to and maybe she could get famous too? With her music, that would be fun if they both would become famous people. Evelyn was a girl with big dreams and she knew exactly what she wanted. She saw how many her father could do with the contacts that he got. If you were born in the right family you could do very well in this world. That was something that she already learned on young age. Her father had learned her so many things and she was grateful for that.

Changing the subject to Misha made Evelyn smile. When they were talking about Misha it did something in Evelyn. It was like he had some kinda spell on them, she didn't knew what it was. But Misha was just a amazing teacher and also good looking so the answer was on the other hand easy. The blonde knew that she wasn't the only female student that thought so about it. And when Zara said that she also liked Misha and she wanted to come with her to ask about the Rose and maybe even more stuff. '' Me? No why do you think so?'' Evelyn said sarcastic towards Zara. Was it so obvious? But then again Evelyn didn't was a person that kept things and sometimes she even didn't knew that she said something out loud. '' I like him a lot yes. And I knew you did so too! I mean he is the most handsome professor of all. If you compare him with Styx! Gross.'' Thinking about Styx was just not nice. And that was also something that she had in common with Zara. She called him crazy eyes or evil eyes or something like that. '' Ah now you say so, I can see it.'' she responded at the fact that Prissy was also part Persian. Evelyn was wondering how her Rose would be. If she would return she would hug her animals a lot for sure. Maybe she would bring one with her next year, but she had pity for the one that had to stay at home. She would think about it when she would go to home again. The movement from Prissy made Evelyn laugh and very long. It was funny to look at and when Zara said that he would forget that he is a cat it made sense. It wasn't really what you would expect from a cat.

Zara smiled got wider if possible at the compliment of her playing. She loved being complimented on her musical talents; perhaps it was because her mother rarely did. It wasn't that her mother didn't care but she only expected the best out of Zar as she had once did with her brother. But she was not her brother and she was not a natural. Zar tried extremely hard to be good at playing and it was nice to know her efforts payed off. "Thank you! I know some really fun pieces on both the violin and piano so we could probably hold it in the Arts room sometime. There's a lot of open space and not many people are there at certain times." If Noemie could go there to study just fine, then she didn't think it was exactly a big deal if they were to go there too. Zar listened as Evelyn explained her future aspirations, surprised she had so much figured out. "Wow, that's so cool! You really thought hard about what you wanted to do. I'm not really sure what I want to do, but I'll probably end up becoming a performer if nothing else interests me. My mom and brother were both solo violinists, and they got to travel the world!" Zara excitedly mentioned, always eager to bring up the achievements of family. She was very proud of them, almost in an idolizing way. She wondered what it would be like to travel the world and be known for her music... It brought fuzzies to her stomach, the good kind of course. "If you become a model or a designer I'll happily play some live music for your show!" She was sure that Evelyn could achieve her dreams-- not only with her connections but with her talent as well. Zara, although probably not nearly as wealthy as Evelyn was, had the privilege of those same type of connections through her family. However in this type of world, she truly believed that one had to have a passion and a story if they ever wanted to stand out. It was a lot, but they had time. They were only 11 after all. What was the hurry?

Zar giggled when Evelyn described their Charms professor as handsome. She hadn't ever thought about it, but she knew he was super nice and cool and fun, which was enough for them to like him just the same. But yes, if one were to compare him with Styx then of course he was better looking. "Ugh creepy-eyes is the absolute worst. He's so depressing!" She was sure her friend group was widely aware of how she addressed their DADA teacher. As long as he didn't hear.

Zar watched as Evelyn continued to play with Prissy, the cat continuing to fool around and absolutely soaking up the attention. He seemed to warm up to all of her friends quickly and Zara was glad there was no issues. She watched as he eventually got hold of the flower and promptly tried to eat it, coughing it back up when he couldn't. She shook her head in disbelief at the silly cat, laughing at the sight. "He's usually smarter... I think." Honestly, she could never tell. "If I ever visit or you ever come over, our cats could have a playdate! I love seeing animals playing with each other. It's so cute." It was also an excuse for either Zar or Evelyn to visit. Two birds with one stone, as the saying went. Although to be honest all you really needed was one overzealous Prissy and you'd have a heard of poor defenceless creatures at your feet.

Evelyn really liked when people gave her compliments and she noticed that Zara was happy about hearing those positive things about her playing too. Who didn't got happy after a compliment? Maybe it had to do with the fact that she didn't got many compliments from her mother -not ever. Secretly Evelyn was hoping that her mother would change sometimes but that had to be a miracle. She talked about their mothers behavior with Espen much, but Espen let it rest and he got more attention from their mother than she did. There was a time that Evelyn was really sad about it, but when she grew older she tried to live with it. She was just very glad that her dad was the sweetest and best ever! And that was something were she could hang on. Zara talked about playing the piano but Evelyn didn't even knew that she could also do that! '' I didn't knew you could also play yhe piano.. I've never been in that Arts room, so I'd like to go there for our Fashion show. It sounds perfect.'' This could be another good idea with succes the blonde thought. With such nice and creative friends she could do every school year something memorable. Meeting Zara was one of the best things that happend together with meeting Lucas ofcourse. And those two were also good friends so that made the circle round. When Zara mentioned that Evelyn already had sorted her future out, she smiled. It was true Evelyn got many dreams but she had her own future already in her mind.
'' I really did yes! It is good to have dreams and to sort out what you want to become early. So that you can follow your goal, but it is not bad to figure things out later when you get older. It would be cool to say that i've been friends with a peformer in the future.'' That thought was also something that Evelyn wanted. That the people that she have met and her friends get to say in the future I was friends with Evelyn Manning and look at her now!

Talking about their Charms professor was becoming one of the favorite subjects for Evelyn. She shared that same topic with a lot of students. And unlikely also talking about their Defence Against The Dark Arts Professor also. She chuckled when Zara mentioned her nickname creepy-eyes again. '' I'd like to call him Ugly-Hair, but Creepy-eyes also fit for him. He is so creepy! I'm glad that we are done with seeing him for a while.'' Evelyn was a honest girl and said what was on her mind, but she didn't want to speek this out to Styx because he wouldn't be happy and laugh just like Zara about this nicknames. Zar had a funny cat Prissy and it would be nice to have a playdate for those cats. Evelyn her cat Rose would definitly like to play with another cat, because she didn't had many cats in the neighborhood. She nodded at the date for their cats. '' I'd like that and I think Rose does too! You should really come over to my place sometime! I'm sure you love it there!'' When somebody would come to their estate Evelyn wanted everything to be perfect she liked a good preparation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back