Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Graysexual
Wand
Curly 14 Inch Unyielding Willow Wand with Vampire Blood Core
Planning this event was what Mikhail Matthias had been doing for the past several months. With a wave of his wand, the final decorations were in place, and the tables were set. He had the Daily Prophet advertise this for weeks, and even more posters set around the country of the magical community. The ministry sponsored the event, which was likely why it was up to Mikhail to get it done. And he enjoyed it because the kids were the next generation. One of them might end up being the minister one day after all. He finished with the food and drinks table, and turned around as it was time to start. Mikhail took a deep breath, and smiled, prepared for the rush.
OOCOut of Character:
Only those approved will be able to have their tables and talk to the students. Don't forget this is taking place between Y29 and Y30. So come on in!
Any questions, pm me or a member of the site staff. Any in character questions directed to Mikhail will be answered as well. Have fun!

Josephine wasn't entirely sure what made her sign up for this. She didn't particularly care for kids, but she also felt like doing something like this could be good for her business. Not to mention, it would be nice to meet some new people, even if they would largely be her younger sister's age. Jospehine was proud of her job, so she had taken care to organize her table well.

A little sign at the front read 'Personal Stylist', and a few albums littered the table with outfits she put together. Some of them were modeled by herself, and some by clients who didn't mind not being anonymous. She also placed different fabric swatches on the table along with some accessoires, and some fashion magazines. She had taken care to dress well today, even though she usually did. She had no idea if her job would even get any appreciation from the visiting students, as it wasn't strictly magical, but she hoped she would see at least a few that would be interested.

Tristan had attended the career fair last year too, and had enjoyed it a lot. Now that he was in the year before his OWL year, he felt like it was even more important to make an appearance. He wanted to know more about his opportunities after school, especially as he knew he wanted to work for the ministry but not what he wanted to do. Last year he had been too intimidated to approach the man hosting this, the deputy minister. But he no longer was. As soon as he spotted the man, he made his way over. "Excuse me, sir? If I'm not mistaken, I believe you're the deputy minister, is that correct?" He asked him, trying to come across as polite but not nervous.

Matthew wasn't thrilled about being lumped in with some magical creatures guy as if Dragons didn't warrant a table of its own. The dragon tamer was the first to arrive so he put up his banner which read 'Dragon tamer'. Matthew was expecting quite a few interested students to come to his table, he knew how exciting dragons could seem to children and if he was honest they were still pretty exciting to him even after suffering a few burns at the hands of a few nasty ones. Matthew hoped to see his sister at the fair but he had never received a firm answer regarding her attendance.

On the table in front of him were some posters and flyers showing information regarding some well-known dragon species, one of the dragon sanctuaries he had frequented on his travels and some recommended treatments for dragon fire burns. Everything was ready.

Luewann had spent the last few days making sure that everything was in order in time for the Careers Fair. It was the Herbologists first time attending and he needed to give off a good impression, and wouldn't be satisfied with leaving the event before he'd managed to convince Herbology had excellent points of note. His table was set up with potted plants in order of height down the edges, and small labelled vials of ingredients that would eventually be used for Potions around the world. He downfall however was his social skills, and unsure best to talk to children, he simple stood tucked behind the stall to see if they would come to him. Occasionally he would give a passing visitor a small wave, but in his head he knew he needed to do something to get their proper attention. He wasn't going to be able to give his demonstration with no audience.

Taking a clear glass bowl of Crepitus beans that he'd saved for quite this purpose, he took his wand out and pointed it directly at its contents. Immediately the beans caught fire, and began to spark and pop inside the bowl. They would continue doing so until they'd fully burnt out, but as he placed his attraction on the tallest part of his table, he covered it with its glass lid to stop any beans from escaping in their explosive state. They flashed and lightly crackled, giving his table a more interactive atmosphere, before he tried once again to capture the attention of those passing.

Although Geo knew exactly what she wanted to do once she left Hogwarts, it didn't hurt to have a look around the Careers Fair since it was open. She spotted a couple of students she recognised from her house, but she felt as though this was time for her to seriously consider whether becoming an Auror was still something she wanted to do, and was happy to walk around the stalls by herself. Of course, she would be on the lookout for anyone in her future industry, but she also spent a few minutes at each of the open tables to see what they had on offer. For all the Hufflepuff knew, she would fail her exams completely, and it was always good to have a back up option if things didn't work out they way she intended.

One of the most difficult classes for Geo this year was going to be Care of Magical Creatures, as she found it so tiresome to look after anything but herself. Walking past a table about Dragons, she peered in for a closer look, wondering why people put in so much effort into that. "What does a Dragon Tamer do exactly?" She asked one of the members of staff, genuinely baffled at how anyone could want to go near a beast like that, let alone try to use it. What was it even good for?

Last year at the career fair, Fleur had had a wonderful conversation with a man who worked for the ministry in the Dragon Research and Restraint Bureau (Fleur had written that down because she had been scared to forget), she really wanted to work with dragons once she was older, though she still wasn't entirely sure of what the possiblities were. She was leaning towards being a dragonologist, even though she wasn't completely sure what that job entailed. So when she saw a man with the sign 'Dragon tamer'. She made a beeline to the table, but still wasn't the first one to arrive. She recognized the girl standing there from Halloween, remembering the terrifying clown, but she also knew the girl wouldn't know who she was. As she had kept her hood down the entire night. Her question made Fleur frown a little, as her tone was a little incredulous. "Well, they work with dragons. Only the best creatures in the world." She said, slightly defensive. "You help them, right?" She said, looking at the man. "Like, take care of them?"

Geo was eyeing up the table waiting for the man to speak, but before he did she heard another voice at her side. Her head shot up to see a redhead standing beside her, who seemed offended that Geo had made the impossible statement that she didn't know what a Dragon Tamer was. She shrugged in response, not entirely sure whether she agreed they were the best animal in the world. Surely it would depend more on the purpose for owning that creature than its general inferiority over others. "Why can't it look after itself? It's a dragon" She replied, clearly confused as to why anything that could breath fire would need the protection and guidance of a human. She could understand if they were helping them to live amongst wizards and witches, like Lions would be tamed for zoo's, but the idea that a Dragon could be brought around their worlds just didn't make sense to the third year. Geo's blue eyes looked up once more to the man, who she hoped would have the answers she was looking for. It was more a matter of principal now that she had to find out exactly what this particular job entailed.

Bertie had been keen for any excuse to get out of his shop of late, and the career fair in Obsidian Harbour had provided him the perfect excuse. After being accepted to showcase his work, the magizoologist had immediately begun to prepare his many reptiles and amphibians for the event, taking extra care to ensure they looked their very best. He'd also packed several suitcases ready to head off to a magizoologist convention just a few hours after the event, predicting he wouldn't have time after settling all of his animals back into their cages. It was certainly a stressful time. But Bertie was ecstatic to think he might be responsible for fostering some young student's interest in magical creatures, and as such he did not mind the stress.

When he arrived, encumbered with a heavy glass tank, nearly one hundred photographs, and several dozen leaflets, he set up on the table beside Matthew Cosgrove, a man whom he had never met, but seemed perfectly agreeable. Bertie knew enough about dragons that he could easily enthuse with the man's profession, though his excitement waned quickly as he realised the banner 'Dragon tamer' would probably outshine his rather more modest 'Magizoologist.' Still, the quirky man was indefatigable, and began to hail passers-by over to look inside his tank, which appeared empty at first, until the small, shrunken, silver-green Moke inside decided to expand back to its full adolescent size. "A fully grown Moke can grow up to ten inches in length!" he said, wondering if anybody was even really listening.

Bituin hadn't ever come to the Career Fair before, she works for the Ministry in the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad. She set up her table with a few brochures about the department and other relevant jobs. She wasn't sure what to expect so she stood behind the table and looked at all the children and people walking by with a smile on her face. She felt a bit nervous having to answer questions and she hoped that people wouldn't ask her about other ministry jobs, as she only knew about a few others. It seemed rather exciting and she couldn't remember if this went on when she was in school, it would have been nice but she had always gone back home during breaks and probably would not have been able to make it to one of these events.

Matthew couldn't believe how quickly students were lining up to ask him questions, he looked awkwardly at the man at his side who seemed to be talking to no one. Matthew quickly turned his attention back to the two students in front of him. "Yes, dragons can look after themselves for the most part but dragons can be used as guards for high-security vaults in banks and of course there are various uses for things like dragon blood, dung, heartstring and more so people like me help with raising young dragons to keep them manageable since dragons can't ever really be truly tamed so it's a bit of a misleading job title really, but we do get up close and personal with dragons of various ages" Matthew instinctively rubbed his arm. His burns had faded but his burns had left a lasting psychological imprint. "In short yes we look after dragons, but not because they can't look after themselves because believe me they can,"

Why there was so much surrounding a career fair was beyond Fawn, but perhaps it was because the ginger haired girl hadn't really thought about a future career for herself. Fawn always dreamer she'd just return to the forest she came from. She'd go back with new information though, returning to her pack and being able to integrate with her magic to help feed them, adn care for them as they did when she was a child. The ginger haired student however trudged forward, past a woman whom looked... what was the word... vein? Vayne? Something like that. However upon moving a bit further into the booths she came across one that interested her. First she stopped at the younger man's stand, but wrinkled her nose at him and moved to the next one. This was an older man who smelled very strongly to the sensitive nosed girl. "Your co-log-nee is weird." She commented, before approaching the tank. "Have you ever seen an Occamy? Occamy's are from Japan. They said they were in the forest I was from." She spoke, sentences evolved from where they'd began to be a lot longer - some words still frustrating for the stubborn Slytherin though.

At last - a bite! Bertie drew himself up proudly as a young, red-haired girl approached his table. "Cologne," he corrected, without flinching. "Thank you. Oh, yes, I've seen more than one Occamy. Only from a distance, mind - you wouldn't want to get too close to an Occamy nest! Their eggs, you see, are made of pure, pure silver - very valuable, and very difficult to get hold of." Bertie liked to collect souvenirs of his travels around the world, but he'd never even bothered trying to steal an Occamy egg; unlike his friend Ermolai, he valued his life over his work. "Are you interested in becoming a Magizoologist?" he asked, already reaching for one of the flyers he'd prepared (he had to get rid of them somehow). Realising the girl was still staring into the Moke tank, he said, "That's Muriel. She's a little shy, but if you stay perfectly still, I'm sure you'll spot her."

During the last two years, Flavio had grown from being indifferent about his future career, to seriously considering a career within the ministry and that was the reason he had chosen to attend the careers fair that day. While he thought a career in the ministry would suit him, he was unsure of which department was the best choice for him and what different levels of the career entailed so he thought that attending the fair and asking someone who worked in the ministry, rather than consulting books was his best option. He arrived as the fair was due to begin, immediately spotting someone he recognized as the deputy minister and walking over to where the man stood. There was someone else there, already talking to the man. Flavio waited until the other boy finished speaking before asking a few questions of his own, hoping that the man was not too overwhelmed and did not mind answering many things at once. "Hello sir, my name is Flavio." He introduced. "I am considering working within the ministry myself when I am older, do you have any advice on where to start and what sort of department would be a good fit for a newly graduated student?" He then asked. Flavio would not be graduating for another few years but he figured that asking where to start would help him prepare if he still wanted to be part of the ministry in the future.
<i>
</i>

Samuel signed up for the careers fair as a 'small business owner', thinking it would be a way to educate and hopefully entice students to pursue business as a career as it was very versatile and many business owners could work at their own discretion. Owning a quill shop had helped him in many ways, one of these ways being re-instilling his love of creating art that had been broken in him when he decided to take the plunge and buy Scrivenshafts. It seemed only natural that he would want to share this positive experience with others and create a bigger community of witches and wizards interested in running businesses. He had, however, not thought about how much work it would be and how many people he would be expected to interact with until he arrived and set up his station, and it was at the point the fair began that he realized it was a terrible, terrible idea to take part. Samuel ran his hand through his hair to neaten it and sighed when the idea that it was going to be a long day dawned on him. He suddenly remembered why he hired assistants to deal with customers in his store, and could only hope that if anyone did speak to him, they would be the kind of person he could tolerate rather than someone who got on his last nerve and most importantly someone that could genuinely handle running a business as despite his interest in enticing young people to run their own businesses, it was a fact that business was not for the faint hearted. He tried to seem calm rather than unsettled as he waited for someone to speak to him, momentarily looking around to the people in other careers that were there that day.
<i>
</i>

Ever since Amber had complimented Elt's dress at the fashion show, Elt had been seriously contemplating designing an entire range of part-goblin clothes. It was difficult to find anything sparkly or fun that fit her, so there was definitely a gap in the market, but Elt hadn't the faintest idea how she'd go about beginning a thing like that. All she really knew was that her clothes were the best, and that she wanted to share them with all the goblins she could.

At the fair, Elt quickly spotted a man who appeared to be advertising himself as a small business owner. Perfect! Drawing herself up to maximum height (which was still smaller than the average seven-year-old), Elt approached the man. "I'm going to make clothes," she announced, beaming happily. "Do you want to buy some?" Perhaps she should have done a little more research.

As Samuel looked around the fair, he noticed someone labeling themselves as a personal stylist and was immediately interested in how they were advertising their career. Though not long after someone finally approached his own table, distracting him from his thoughts and saying that they wanted to sell clothes. He leaned over to take in what the child was wearing and then looked over to the personal stylist's table again when he realized he was in over his head. Whoever the kid was that chose to speak to him needed to be styled far more desperately than she needed business advice and Samuel was not against stating this blatantly. "What you should do is speak to the personal stylist over there before you speak to me." It was common sense that people who bought clothes generally wanted the clothes to look good and if this child wanted to start a business and sell clothes successfully, she needed to realize that she first needed to create an image of herself that captured attention for being innovative and unique rather than ridiculous. She was clearly yet to find the right balance between the two that expressed her style in a way that was marketable.
<i>
</i>

Fawn looked continuously into the tank, though when the old man corrected her she repeated stubbornly - "Co-log-nee" under her breath. "I think one once ate a fox from my pack." She answered. The grasp of tact still not within Fawn's reach often times. She was brought up in an open household and sometimes forgot that you shouldn't be as open with people outside the home. The ginger continued to stare into the tank at the Moke named Muriel. His question was one she pondered about for good five minutes before answering finally. "I want to go back to my home in Aoikigahara forest. But I want to take are of the animals there." She spoke, wondering if there was a specific place to learn for that.

Fleur was glad the man answered so clearly and quickly, though she wanted some more information. She noticed the burns on his arm, but that didn't stop her from wanting to pursue this career. "So what does a day on your job look like? What do you do exactly?" She asked him eagerly. "Do you get to work with them a lot personally? I want to work with dragons one day, and I'm trying to figure out what my options are." She glanced at the other girl, wondering if the other girl also liked dragons or if she was just curious. "Why did you choose to do this?"

Tagging: Alistair Lancaster

Minerva Khulik had always been a quiet person, the only time she had ever really anything to say was when she felt she was in the right or that someone else was very much in the wrong or when she wanted to reply to a professors question at school or as had come to pass eventually in her first year - when she had wanted to speak with the friends she had made. The memory of those friends was what had gotten her through her horrid second year, an entire school year whereby she had only made it to the train, spent two days in the school before managing to get herself ill. The matron at the school had no idea how she had contracted the infection but she had been removed from the premises immediately and sent to a quarantined ward at St. Mungo's hospital. Minerva had not even been allowed to return home in case she infected her younger siblings or parents.

Eight months she had been violently ill, the most horrendous blisters all over her body and for a while she had even became confused and presented with some small memory loss that the healers had thought she might actually have the more severe strain of spattergroit, Cerebrumous. Thankfully it had only been the many potions she had been taken that had caused such side effects and within a few days, Minerva only displayed the disgusting purple blisters. She wished at times however that she could well forget this postules that infected her body and face. By the end of April it seemed as if she were finally well on her way to recovering and by May she was allowed home again.

She was much paler from all her time sequestered in the hospital and if someone looked closely, beneath the dabbed foundation that her mother applied, one could still see the faint scars left behind from the infection itself. Minerva had never cared about how she looked before but having turned thirteen, with her hormones all over the place and a keen sense of how she was miles behind all her peers at school, she was very conscious of everything about herself. Her anxiety which had been like a shroud upon her all her life, was now part of her skin tone.

To cheer her up, her parents had decided to have her write to each of her professors to see if she would be allowed to catch up on her lessons and exams of her second year, she couldn't bear the thought of falling behind or having to move back a year entirely, so she really did hope that she could spend her summer break catching up on everything. To cheer her up even more, her parents took her along to the careers fair in Obsidian, so that she could perhaps decide on a backup future career for herself if her library idea didn't work out. Minerva believed strongly in her idea, so didn't have the same skepticism as her parents did and Elly had believed in her idea too, which mattered a great deal to Minerva. She did go along to the careers fair though, not to humour her parents in any way but to wander about, mingling with people who the Minister for Magic thought were inspiring individuals for the younger generation. She hoped that it would give her some clue as to what elective subjects she should take as well, for in all her incarceration that had been something she had been unable to think about all year.

Wondering through the throng of students and interested people, Minerva began to browse some of the stalls, listening in to part conversations as stall holders explained their particular careers and students asked many and varied questions. With a pale grey wizarding robe about her, Minerva pulled the hood up about her face and turned to move on to the next stall, she wasn't quite ready to bump into anyone she might know but she was also afraid of what anyone she did know would say about how she looked now. Would her friends even remember her? She hadn't been able to write to a single one, it had hurt too much to write and for months she hadn't been able to speak because of the boils along her jaw and cheeks. Would they think she had forgotten them? Did they even know why she had left without a word? With a sigh Minerva wrapped her arms about herself as she moved on to the next stall, fear of returning to Hogwarts and seeing Norton, Elly and Alistair again was quickly mounting within her.

Mikhail had his attention diverted to the stalls, and seeing some of the students, Mikhail barely noticed that someone had approached him. He heard someone say some polite words to get his attention, so Mikhail looked down slightly to see a teenage boy. Mikhail smiled gently down at the boy and gave a curt nod, extending his hand as a pleasant gesture, "Yes, I am. I'm Mikhail Matthias. What can I do for you?" Mikhail had yet to personally handle teenagers before, since he was not aware he had sons until recently, and just started to raise his brother's daughter. But, they were people, and he had to treat them all equally, even if he favored his adopted daughter above most.

For: Luewann MacEachern

The career fair was something Lenore didn't want to miss. Her mom had dropped her of and went shopping for a new pair of boots. Lenore entered the fair and started walk around. It was busy, but Lenore knew what she liked and what she wanted. There was only one downside, with her height so could barely read the cards on the stalls. If that wasn't hard enough she had to maneuver herself through a pack of people. She could barely get to the stalls without having to put a lot of effort in.

When Lenore reached the third stall she found something she liked. ''Hello'' Lenore muttered barely reaching the top of the stall. Today her height was a big disadvantage and Lenore hoped the Herbologist took her seriously. She had the height of a small kid and the herbologist would probably think that she ran away from her parents. Lenore shrugged, she smelled fire, but had no clue where it came from. She couldn't even see what was on top of the stall. She only saw the tops of plants and hoped that she indeed found the right stall.

''Can people with my height be a herbologist, or don't you do think that wouldn't work?''
Normally she wasn't this direct, but she wanted to know if it even was possible. If the herbologist would say no, she knew she had to pick a different dream job in the future.

Amy had one more year until she was free from school and could pursue a career based on her interests. Right now, she had a vague idea of what she wanted to do, though she still had to look into it further and choose a specific job. Her grades would matter the most this year, too. The hufflepuff figured if she spent a lot of time studying and researching for the future she would eventually arrive to a decision. Since the career fair was that day, Amy had decided to go check it out, see if there was anyone there who could give her some advice. When she took in her surroundings and had differentiated all the various stalls (and people) her gaze settled on a familiar face. Amy blushed, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear. She cleared her throat before she decided to approach Matthew, though he seemed busy with two much younger students. Amy waited patiently for them to talk for a bit, then after a few minutes she smiled at him as she stepped closer to make her presence known. "Hi," she said, nodding towards his own space. "So should I call you Dragon tamer now?" she teased.

To Alistair, a career was a worry he felt he should have had for the future and not quite so soon, but given his condition, the young boy had been told it was better for him to look at his options earlier rather than later, and ensure he had the right tools and capabilities to be worth employing, despite the discrimination he would no doubt face entering the workplace. As it was, Ellington seemed to be doing well with her magazine, and he'd received letters from Lucas, working in the Ministry to help with Werewolves, but that was just it. A lot of the Werewolves he had met worked specifically with their condition, and he didn't want to be limited by that. He wanted to do what interested him, and live a normal life. Maybe become a healer, or a magizoologist, or anything other than just being limited to what he was. He didn't want to end up like that.

However, wandering down the stalls, Alistair failed to find anything that particularly stood out to him. It was a little disappointing - a stylist, a business owner, some ministry workers. The herbologist was slightly interesting, if only because he reminded Alistair of Emeric, but aside from that his only real interest in magical plants stemmed from having to learn about wolfsbane, and his want to use gillyweed to swim down to the mermaid village back at the castle. Even the magizoologist didn't appear to have as much as he had hoped to see, no flapping augureys or sly nifflers, or a twiggy little bowtruckle like Emmett kept. He'd have a better time poking around the nearby menagerie if he wanted to really see any magical creatures. The man did, however, have something in a glass jar, but in Alistairs haste to try get a glimpse of whatever was inside, he accidentally shouldered into someone nearby. He hadn't realised there was a person standing there, in their grey hood, seemingly blending into the background. "Sorry. I didn't see you there." He apologised, though the side-glimpse he had of the persons face beneath the hood was familiar to him, albeit he couldn't see it well enough at that angle. "Um. Do I know you?" He ventured uncertainly, hoping he wasn't wrong, and about to look like a fool, especially in front of random people from school.

She had barely moved when she felt her shoulder jarred by a passerby and though normally she would have exclaimed some outrage at such behaviour, accidental or otherwise, Minerva was all set to just let it slide when she found herself pausing. That voice, she knew that voice and when the owner of that voice hesitated in asking if they knew her, she was certain that they did ... that she did ... but, she looked terrible and this, this was ... Minerva couldn't help it. She turned her face, the hood sliding back a little more and she found herself looking into the all too familiar eyes of Alistair Lancaster. Her thirteen year old heart did the strangest thing ever, it felt as if someone had put a freeze charm on it for the briefest of moments before then speeding up extremely rapidly. Should she smile? Were they still friends or ... acquaintances ... she was so unsure of herself but she thought it best to say something, anything at all so that no uncomfortable silence brewed between them. She could never and would never forgive herself, if that started happening!

"Hi" her voice didn't sound the way it once did, all brusque and all-knowing, there was a timidity there now. A shyness born from her incarceration in the lonely quarantined ward; that and the fact that she really didn't know how to react around him now, "Alistair."

More people were now beginning to gather around them, vying to get near the stall she had just moved from, it was best if they moved too to allow others to circumnavigate the stall and so Minerva pulled on her hood again, attempting to hide the scarring and her blushing face and stepped out of the way of the throng.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back