Camping in the castle grounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Alraur

Through a random chat on Skype and over IM, stemming from a sentence in a role-play, an idea came about to have a camping role-play held in the castle's grounds. Speaking with Nick, it was decided that 'so long as it was worked in to the context of either a class or a student club' everything would be okay.

My thought was to have a few professors chaperone the night, which in role-play terms would last for a few weeks; dependant upon activity, and those involved just group role-play a night camping.

What this topic is looking for then, is anyone whom would be interested. Firstly, we need to decide on either a lesson; or a Student Club to be the host for the 'night'. Something like Astonomy would be an obvious choice, but Nick stated even Herbology 'could count'. But we're not sure if that would be such a good idea, seeing as how Styxie would 'probably leave them in the woods to fend for themselves', leading them to 'get attacked by a bear or something'. :lol: .. And since a loss of students would be a bad thing, maybe it is safer to just not tell Kaitlyins. :shifty:

All ideas are welcome for this, so let's see what we can do.

All thanks go to Jessye for the awesome idea! :wub: :hug:

Well Professor Rowann would gladly take on chaperon duties if needs be, can't think why she'd personally have a class out at night camping and she certainly wouldn't bring any students into the forest again unless for class work. Not sure if the camping should go on even in the forest, it's probably best to have it on the lawn or in the garden. Especially after recent events (death of Jareth) I wouldn't think the professors would be clambering to hold any camp out in the forest.

But like I said Rowann will chaperon gladly.
Have you decided which students would be in for this?
Second years?!

I feel like the forest would be a bad idea considering everything. Perhaps the lawn would work best, eh?

Edit: Slow typing has made me unknowingly repeat Linda.

Shalamar Ovanisse said:
Not sure if the camping should go on even in the forest..
Who even mentioned the forest? :erm:
Me: said:
..an idea came about to have a camping role-play held in the castle's grounds..
I was thinking the bit with the grass on it. :p
Have you decided which students would be in for this?
Second years?!
Anyone, and everyone. Whomever chooses to reply here.
Part of the discussion with Nicolas: said:
Me: How would you feel about allowing students to spend the night camping in the castle grounds?
Me: As it is Spring, and warm, and st00f. A few professors could chaperone, and it could be a group role-play for a few weeks or so.
Nick: I'd be fine with it so long as it was worked in to the context of either a class or a student club. ^_^
<snip>
Me: I'll put up a plot development topic and see what can become of it?
Nick: surez
I'm thinking along the lines of one of these some-what more involved plots. And if not, then just a small group would do.
Professor Rosaline Zhefarovich said:
I feel like the forest would be a bad idea considering everything. Perhaps the lawn would work best, eh?

Edit: Slow typing has made me unknowingly repeat Linda.
Yet again, who exactly mentioned the damn forest.

It should be for Astronomy and Eden is so up for it

Tony Alraur said:
...but Nick stated even Herbology 'could count'. But we're not sure if that would be such a good idea, seeing as how Styxie would 'probably leave them in the woods to fend for themselves', leading them to 'get attacked by a bear or something'. :lol: .. And since a loss of students would be a bad thing, maybe it is safer to just not tell Kaitlyins. :shifty:
Tell me what now? :r
Yes, Styx would even led them into the water and let them get eaten by the squid. :r
Best to keep Mr. Death Eater out of it. ;)

But Professor Zhefarovich could help chaperon! :D

I definitely think that Professor Snow would possibly want to Chaperone or come along.

Ariah and possibly Xavier would want to definitely want to go camping. I don't know if Alyssa or Theodore would ever sleep out in a tent outside like...ever. :r

Haha I didn't remember mentioning camping in the forest...I just remember. 'Camping' xD

seeing as how Styxie would 'probably leave them in the woods to fend for themselves', leading them to 'get attacked by a bear or something

I think this pretty much is the reason we thought you were proposing the forest - mentioning the woods and a bear :r
I mean bears can't be found in the garden or the lawn and I'm pretty sure we don't have a woods there either ;)

Then I wish to point out that the 'italics' are direct quotes from the conversations previously mentioned.

Not my fault I don't type the same way as everyone else.

I had this idea before Maddiie finished school but it never happen. So here my suggestion. Soz I tend not to read the rest of the post after Tony plot idea but I think I read everyones. So maybe the brotherhood can go camping? I didn't sign Victor so he might end up registering late but that could be an idea. Possibly a test of some sort or obstacle to get in to join if it has anything to do with the forbidden forest? The boys get permission from the professors? Or! Just their first kind of thing together "bonding time" you know. The getting to know everyone stage? ^^; and the girls can do a indoor etc? I don't know =P
A professor can chaperon than falls asleep, that's when the boys wonder off? Again suggestion ^^

No. Sorry.

There will be nothing to do with the forest. Plus this will be open to girls too. I'm not going to deny anyone joining in if it makes it to a 'global' stage.

By 'global', I mean several people.

It could always be a small role-play between a few people, as it has technically already been approved; but this would mean I choose those people, as it would be mine and Jessye's role-play.

Aeon could come? :jesse:

Sure. :)

Any one have any ideas when this could start? I will be rather stretched soon, but then it's not exactly as if I have to plan it or anything. :p

Is Astronomy the chosen subject? We could always do something Divination related. (I never managed to do the lesson out-side last 'year').

Can Libby come? Her favourite lessons are Astronomy and Divination, and wants to be an A professor when she leaves school.

Beau would definitely be keen. And Ekky the house elf would love it, too. He could be in charge of cooking and cleaning, but that would mean Tip, his dog would be there too.

Hm. Aroha would love it, in her own really quiet way. In fact Laura might too.

It's all fine and well saying who would go, but that isn't really what I had asked for. :p

If there is no choice on a lesson or a club, I'll just do it as Divination and you can all read into your foggy futures for the night.

no I think Ruki and Andy should head out to pick some wolfsbane some late evening xD
and do the camping thing themselves =))
keeding of course

if you like...

Professor Lola Rowann will take the students out as part of a lesson - introducing them to the delights of various dangerous insects and creatures and the best way to use defensive magic against them, before then telling them all to snuggle up tight and not to let the bed bugs bite =)) xD

but i ask yet again, is it Ruki's year or Tony's year or just a bunch of students from all years?

no I think Ruki and Andy should head out to pick some wolfsbane some late evening xD
and do the camping thing themselves =))
keeding of course
Yea, you better be! :glare:
but i ask yet again, is it Ruki's year or Tony's year or just a bunch of students from all years?
Any and all. For the last school year though, I had wanted to do a fifth year lesson out-side; as part of their dream interpretation st00f. But then things happened off-line, so nothing was done.

I would love to do it this time around though, so if this mess works; at least it can be my test bunny.

I'll start it some time this week. I am busy off-line though, so I don't know when I will have a spare half hour to do it.

Hilde might be up for tagging along camping. Maybe.

Topic Closed and Archived

This roleplay development has been inactive for an extended period of time or is now completed.
Thank you for having used the plot development forum and feel free to create future threads in said forum.

~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back