Busking on the lawn

Kaela looked up at Professor Pleiades, a bit confused. She wanted to say no, but figured that wouldn't be the best choice. After sitting her book down she stood and walked over to the Professor, waiting for him to lead her to where they were going.

Courtney gave a disappointed glance over at Kaela, she wanted her to have fun today, but it seems it was not the case. Turning to Kale, she asked, "What should we play together?"

Sensing the girl's reluctance, Professor Pleiades spoke up, "It's quite all right, do not worry," he smiled kindly. He walked away from the others before speaking up, "I know that I have never really interacted with you all that much, but there seems to be something bothering you. If you wish to speak with somebody, I am available." He was smiling kindly, like a father speaking to his daughter.

Kale looked over to Kaela when Professor Pleiades asked her to join him, curious to what he had to say.

"What do you have in your book?" he asked Courtney, "I can play whatever is in there by ear most likely."

Kaela walked over with Professor Pleiades, stopping and listening to what he had to say. A weak smile crossed her lips as she said "thanks, but I'm all right. Just a bit tired, that's all." She really did appreciate what he was trying to do, but Kaela didn't really feel like talking to anyone, let alone a Professor she had barely interacted with.

Courtney leafed through the book, "I'm not entirely sure, a bit of everything." She closed the music book unsatisfied. "Why don't we just play what we know. Classical music sounds great on guitars, know any Beethoven?"

"Well, my offer stands," the Professor said, "Why don't you go join your friends and play some music. It doesn't matter if you sound good, only if you have fun. Let's return." He said, smiling.

Kale thought for a moment about muggle composers, "I know of a little bit of Beethoven.." he scratched his chin and strummed for a moment, "How about this one?" Kale strummed the guitar lightly playing Moonlight Sonata.

Courtney watched Kale play and tried to strum along with him, failing. "I actually don't know this piece, but keep playing, it's awesome."

"Alright," the Professor responded smiling, "It appears as though Mr Thomas has begun a song, let's listen." The Professor eagerly walked closer to hear the music, Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata.

Kaela walked back over and sat down where she had been previously. Picking up her book she opened it to the page she had been on, enjoying the music Kale was playing. It was relaxing and helped her not feel so irritated as she looked at her book.

Kale was obsorbed playing the in the music for a few moments, and didn't notice Courtney stop. When he stopped, he looked over at Kaela, she just didn't seem to be having a good day...like a lot of people.

"So Courtney, what classical pieces can you play?" he asked, thinking maybe he can follow along while she played this time.

"I really like the Fur Elise, it is pretty easy, yet beautiful." She said as she turned her attention to her instrument, waiting to see if Kale knew the composition.

"Ohh, I've heard of that one" he immediately started playing it lightly, "Did you know Fur Elise translated in German is 'For Elise'?" he spoke while still playing. "Join in" he said with a smile, looking around at the others. "Are there any music stores in Hogsmeade? I've been meaning to purchase a book of tabs of some sort.."

Courtney giggled at Kale, "I'm Canadian, not German. And, yes, there are music books in Hogsmeade, I bought mine from the Muggle Market."

She played her ukulele to the beat of Kale's guitar and tried her best not to laugh at the sound of the two instruments together. She also pulled 2 galleons out of her pocket and dropped them in her open ukulele case. "Woot, donation!"

A northern spotted owl swooped onto the lawn, dropping a letter in front of the two girls and boy.
Kaela, Courtney, and others,

I know I've been horrible at filling you guys in on things, and I'm sorry.  But being suspended from school doesn't help, so if you'd like to meet me down at the Three Broomsticks, I should be there for a while.
Anyone can come.  I've been a really bad friend and will understand if you don't come.

Cheers,
Estrella

Kaela looked up as an owl swooped down and snatched up the letter that is had dropped. Opening it with a dour expression she read it aloud.

"Kaela, Courtney, and others,

I know I've been horrible at filling you guys in on things, and I'm sorry. But being suspended from school doesn't help, so if you'd like to meet me down at the Three Broomsticks, I should be there for a while.
Anyone can come. I've been a really bad friend and will understand if you don't come.

Cheers,
Estrella
"

With a sigh Kaela set the letter on the blanket she was sitting on, in case anyone wanted to read it for themselves, and went back to her book.

Kale laughed at Courtney's Canadian comment, "Well...I'm Russian...that's no excuse!" he gave her a wink and listened as she played along, "This sounds so weird." he continued his laughing as the two stringed instruments melodies clashed.

As Kale strummed the strings he could hear a hoot of an owl above their heads, he looked up as the letter fell from the sky in front of them. As Kaela reached for the note and opened it he listened to her read as he began to strum lighter. "Poor Estrella" he sighed, "She sounds misrable...we should really go visit her or something. She seems like she needs some company.."

Courtney stopped playing momentarily. "Do you guys think we should meet her in Hogsmeade?"

She looked down at her ukulele, she was having fun playing it. "Maybe we can get her to go busking with us there. I mean, we'll be sure to attract more spectators, as Professor Pleides suggested."

((Not entirely sure how to continue this, because Estrella has RPed leaving the Three Broomsticks and being back at school...))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back