Breakfast

Kate Johnson

Wand
Holly wand, 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Kate woke up early and had her shower. After getting ready, she ran down the steps and into the Great Hall. There was no one sitting at the Hufflepuff table and only a few people on the other tables. Sitting down, she grabbed a slice of toast and some eggs and bacon and started eating. It was a warm day and she was happy.

Just then, Tilly, her tawny owl flew into the Great Hall and landed on the bench next to her as she wiggled her left leg to where a letter was tied. Kate untied the letter and stroked the owl gently. Feeling bad that she didn't have any food or treats on her, she sent the owl back to the owlery with a last promise that she would go up later and feed her.

Opening the letter gently, Kate read it quickly,
Letter from Home said:
Darling Kate,
We are fine thank you. It was great to recieve post from you and we are sorry that we keep on sending you things. It is just, after last year with Professor Barker, we feel the need to make sure you are OK reguarly.
The life over here is great and dad is doing really well with his shop and the same with me in the Ministry. It is also very good to here that you like your dorm mates and you get along well. I am very pleased that Milly has started behaving and that your room like her. Are there any other pets in your room?
So once again, we tell you how much we love you,
Lots of hugs,
Mum and Dad
X
Kate smiled happily and took another bite of toast before placing the letter in her bag. Making a mental note to herself to write back ASAP, she carried on eating, hoping that someone would join her.

Taylor strolled into the great hall. A quick once over of her table told her, there was no-one she had ever spoken to. Looking at the others tables, she found the same predicament. Sighing, she headed towards her own table, going to sit by herself, until she noticed a Hufflepuff, that she had seen in Obsidian Harbor. She hadnt really given a proper introduction. Smiling, she took this as the perfect opportunity. Standing behind the Hufflepuff, she smiled, "Mind if i join you?"

((The title does say open to Hufflepuffs incase you didn't see. Sorry, i will change it.))
Kate smiled down at her food as she heard someone approaching. Seeing that it was a 1st year Gryffindor she nodded and replied, "Well, if you want but when the other Hufflepuffs come, you may want to move, for your sake!" She exclaimed. The Gryffindor table and the Hufflepuff table were next to each other so she could sit on that table when needed Kate thought to herself. "Its Taylor isn't it?" She asked after looking at the girl. She recognised her from Obsidian Harbour. "Do you want a drink?" She asked as she pointed to the tea, coffee and pumpkin juice laid out on the Hufflepuff table.

<<Oops :doh: i didnt see it>>

"Yeah i know." Taylor laughed. "I wont stay long, just thought id say hi, considering not many people have come down yet and i met you at Obsidian Harbor, but didnt really get to introduce myself." Taylor sat on the bench, facing away from the table, indicating she was just dropping by. "Yeah it is and your Kate?" She said, pretty sure she got the name correct. "No thanks, im alright." Taylor smiled when asked if she wanted a drink.

<<Kay this will be my last post. Lesson learned (always read what your posting in) :doh: >>

"Its been good, but things still arent great yet, will take some time to settle in a suppose." Taylor looked up as a crowd of people came into the hall, a lot of them wearing Hufflepuff robes. "Well, ill be off now. It was good to finally talk to you." Taylor smiled. "Ill see you around?" Tilting her head to the side, before getting up and taking a seat at her own table.

Sam entered the Great Hall, he was absouloutly starving and he had no idea why. He saw Kate at their table and Taylor walking away. He gave Taylor a quick wave and then sat opposite Kate, "Good Morning you!" he said in a sing-song voice and began to fill his plate up with bacon, sausages and an egg.

"Hmm..good question." He looked around at his options. "I think I'll stick to the good old orange juice." he laughed and poured himslef a glass. "I dunno. I just woke. I think its because I'm so hungry." he smiled sheepishly and added a few slices of toast to his plate. "What about you?"

Kate smiled at Sam and started pouring him a drink before she realised that he was already pouring himself one. Laughing at her mistake she quickly drank it and paused as she listened to his answer. "Yeh, well i couldn't be hungry as i ate loads at dinner last night. It was my kitten Milly, she jumped on me and started licking my face and meowing. After half an hours stroking and trying to sleep again, i gave up and came down for some breakfast. Toast?" She offered as she finished her bacon, eggs and toast and ate another slice of toast.

Sam laughed, "Hey I'm not that thirsty." he smiled, "Though thanks for the offer." Sam winked at her and began cutting up his rasher. "Oh, Yoda hasn't done that to me...yet. I know he's plotting." he said and ate a bit of his rasher. "Umm..." he thought about her offer. How hungry was he? "Ah yeah. One more can't hurt." he took the slice of toast and added it to his plate.

Libby enetered the great hall and walked over to the hufflepuff table. Seeing Sam and Kate made her smile, "Can i join you?" She asked politly.

As Helena was strolling through the Great Hall, maneuvering her way over to the Slytherin table, out of the corner of her eye she saw a group of young Hufflepuffs. Deciding to take a detour by their table, not being able to resist, Helena picked up a mug full of pumpkin juice nearby and as she walked past one of students [not caring who] she pretended to trip on the leg of a stool and accidentally spill the contents of the mug all over one of the poor little Hufflepuffs.
"You stupid idiot!" she screamed, easily masking her pleasure. Kicking a random stool, Helena threw down the empty mug and glared at the students.

Vivienne walked through the doors and towards the Hufflepuff table. She waved goodbye to her Ravenclaw friends, and as she was sitting down, she heard a commotion at the other end of the table. As she went down to see what was going on, she saw an older Slytherin girl pour juice over a fellow Hufflepuff first year. Vivienne quickly ran over to help.

"Are you ok? Here, let me help you with that-" She said, as she passed over a large stack of napkins.
"That won't be necessary, Esquire. Nice of you to try though, you'll fit in well here." A teacher said, and flicked their wand at the girl, drying her immediately.

Just then, her new owl flew into the room, dropping a letter in front of Vivienne. She opened it, and read it immediately:
The Letter.. said:
Our dearest Viv,
Congratulations! We heard you got into Hufflepuff. We also heard you were a bit disappointed about it. Your mother and I knew you had wanted Ravenclaw, but you just need to accept that that didn't happen. You're a very kind, loyal, and fair girl, and in our opinion, was always meant for Hufflepuff. Just because you've been separated from some of your friends doesn't mean it's the end of the world. You're bound to make heaps of great new ones. And just because Hufflepuff doesn't have a reputation like say.. Gryffindor, doesn't mean you're in an "inferior" house. Remember, everything happens as it should.
Much love,
from your very proud mum & dad.
PS: I'm a bit unsure whether this letter will get to you this year.. the bird seems a bit backwards..
Vivienne laughed as the yet-to-be-named owl did a little flip, falling into a block of butter.

Kind, loyal, and fair.. yeah, I guess I am more of a hufflepuff, Vivienne thought to herself. There's no point sulking over something so silly. Like dad said, everything happens as it should.

Vivienne looked at the group of Hufflepuff girls, now laughing and chatting like they had before the juice incident. She turned towards them, still clutching the letter in one hand and the tiny owl in the other.

"Hi, I'm Vivienne. Or Viv, V, whatever. I don't know any of you, but can I sit here?"

Kagyou clumsily stumbled down the stairs from the corridors and into The Great Hall, where all she could think right now was food. Usually, the young one would have thought more about what she would say to others and the sort, but today. Right now. She was too tired to think. Her tie was hanging loosely around her neck, blouse top button left unbutton. And her skirt -which was supposedly at knee-length - became much longer as it sat on her hips instead of her waist. Not to mention her robes were slowly sliding off her shoulders.

Half opened eyes stared straight at the table, noticed the commotion, but register none of it, allowing her to move forward and..
..well, bump straight into the Slytherin second year.
"Oh sorry- uh.." she gave a yawn, mumbling the words as she did. "..You. Whats-your-name.. Didn't.." she ended her yawn and rubbed her eyes. "Notice you there.. please move.." she said, now sidestepping to make her way to the seats. "Hungry.."
"Excuse my intrusion.."
Taking a seat by the crowd, the young Hufflepuff cross her arms on the table and immediately sank her face into her arms. And then, there was no movements.

((Sorry, maybe you didn't see the title, it says open to Hufflepuff's. Kate.x))

Kate smiled at them both and watched as a 3rd years Slytherin entered. Seeing that she purposely poured drink over herself, Kate sighed and watched the reaction. Hoping that she would never be like that, she turned back to where Kagyou and another 1st year entered. Watching it all, she apologised quickly, hoping that the Slytherin would move as it was the Hufflepuff table. "Sorry, i am sure that it was an accident!" She exclaimed.

(having a few other houses coming over is okay, really. I think it'll be fun.)

"What a lie, senior." Kagyou's voice was slightly cold, her head still buried in her arms. It took her a while before she actually sat up and gave a slight glare over to the slytherin. "Don't you get it, senior? They enjoy this. They enjoy making a fool out of us."

Kagyou really hated stating the obvious.

"But, somehow, they're like..kids, I guess. If you ignore them, they'll go away. Or keep quiet and realize they can't get whatever they wanted to get... maybe. Unless they're really ..well." Kagyou gave a significant pause. "Dense, I suppose.." her voice faded away, as one would notice Kagyou's attention went over to the food stuff in front of her.
"Is that maple syrup?"
She reached over for a spoon, while continuing rather casually. "I especially hate it when they think we're weak and they just come over and strut about air." she give a yawn again. "Any good recommendation?"

Sam watched the commtion, it all seemed to go by quickly. He smiled to Vivienne, "Hello Viv, I'm Sam." he nodded. Sam also smiled to the other girl who joined them, he recongnised her from the common room and she was in his classes. Sam didn't say anything, he was too hungry. He began to tuck into his large breakfast.

Kagyou was having pancakes. Which, she decided was best with maple, and/or even eggs. Then again, she enjoyed mixing and matching her food. But here seemed to have made sure she was eating properly for some reason. Before she popped anything into her mouth, she whispered a "Itadakimasu." And soon, her fork was slowly bringing the pancakes to her mouth- and she stopped again. "Ah. I forgot."

Looking around,as if to greet everyone generally, she smiled. "Hello. My name is Kagyou Wu. I'm a first year here."

((OK then. Not everyone though. That kind of defeats the idea of having house tables. I mean if someone is invited, thats fine.))
Kate smiled at Kagyou as she went on calling her senior. Kate decided to reply after she had finished. "Yes, that is maple syrup. When i was in 1st year, i tried to stay out of everyones way and apologised for walking into them even if it wasn't me. I don't think that was right but i was really shy last year and so i wouldn't be surprised if any of you did. I would just apologise and walk away because other wise it causes trouble and a tight spot for you to get out of." She said quickly. Smiling at Sam she nibbled at her toast. The butter had finally melted and now it was heavenly. The secret was to eat it at the perfect moment and then the butter would also melt in your mouth. "What subject have you got today then?" She asked the two 1st years. She thought it would be DADA as she thought back to her timetable last year but she couldn't be certain.

Sam smiled back to Kate. "Umm....Flying..I think." he said and took and drink from his oreange juice. "Wait..." he said trying to remember. "No, no its flying." he said happily. It was too early in the morning, he was surprised at himself for not remembering flying. "What about you?"

Sam continued to eat...a little too quickly in a public place. He nearly had his own breakfast finished in a matter of moments. He then looked guiltily up at Kate, Kagyou, Libby and Viv. A wide charming smile appeared on his face. "Sorry." he laughed.

[[Sorry :lol: ]]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back