Break From Exams / Kaela's Going Away Party

Bruin was relieved to be able to see Kaela's face again. The hat was neat, but it was kind of creepy at the same time. "I don't know, just thought it might be a fun game to play, especially with so many people here...but I'm open to other suggestions as long as they don't involve that frisbee!"

"It's a fun game, but I dunno how many others know how to play." Kaela herself had played the game at slumberparties, but realized that not everyone present had had the upbringing she had. She remembered how confused Courtney was by all of the 'muggle' stuff in her house when she had visited.

"I've never heard of that I've never game, but I'm a quick learner and say we give it a try. That is, if everyone else wants to as well." Courtney said before sneaking off to where Estrella had placed the butterbeers to grab one.

Kale cocked his head to the side when they mentioned a game that he had never heard of, he wondered the objective of the game for it sounded sort of silly. "Yeah, I've never heard of it either." Kale said agreeing with Courtney, "How do you play?" he inquired, looking in the direction of both Kaela and Bruin anticipating if one of them would explain.

"Ooh! I remember playing that once!" Estrella exclaimed, woken out of her daze, her expression bright. She indeed remembered her fourth grade slumber party, before she had gone to Hogwarts, of course. "That would be fun!" She smiled, standing back with her butterbeer propped in the crook of her arm and letting Kaela explain it. She had watched the whole fanged frisbee incident with amusement, not wanting to get in the way of the thing.

Lily had been observing quietly everything going on in the party, but the talk of 'Never have I ever' brought her out of her shell. "I loved playing that game with my friends back home! If we play, I am so in." She grabbed a bottle of butterbeer and walked over to stand next to Estrella to see if they were going to play the game.

Kaela looked around, a bit surprised that only two people didn't understand. "All right, the name of the game is 'Never have I ever' or 'I never,' either is fine. We take turns saying things we've never done, and it has to be true. If you have done it, you put a finger down." Kaela held out her right hand. "Say Courtney says she has never ridden a horse. I have, so I put a finger down." Kaela put one of her fingers down to show what she was talking about. "The last person left with fingers up wins. Make sense?"

Kat had been watching everyone else quietly from the corner of the room, Laughing as Bruin and Kale played with the frisbee. She didn't really know many of the people all that well, only having met each of them a few times, but was hoping to make some new friends tonight. When Kaela began to explain the 'I Never' game Kat became slightly interested. "Sounds like fun! I'm in!" she replied brightly.

((dang i'm a slow poster :unsure: ))

It appeared that most of the people at the party were interested in playing the game so he sat down on the ground and leaned against the stone wall facing towards what he thought would make the centre of a comfortable circle. He wondered who might like to start, although he already knew what his first comment for the group was going to be. He sipped on his butterbeer and waited for the others to settle into the circle, smiling at the collection of friends and good people that he had missed spending time with recently.

"Ok, well, if there aren't anymore questions I'll start. Never have I ever dyed my hair." Kaela kept all of her fingers up, taking a sip of her butterbeer.

((So, I figure we can post the number of fingers we have up ooc. I have 5.))

Kat took a seat on the ground and waited for someone to start. When Kaela said that she had never dyed her hair Kat had to put a finger down on her hand becuase the purple dye was still visible in her hair, though admittedly it had faded quite a bit. Kat looked around wondering if she was the only one who had ever dyed her hair. She wasn't quite ready to go next so she waited quietly for the next person to go.

((I only have 4 fingers left up since Kiera and Caysi dyed Kat's hair a few weeks ago :D ))

Lily looked around. Her fingers were all still up since she had never done anything fun like that to her hair.

(((I have all 5 since Lily has not done that yet, although [Lily] has. :p )))

Estrella held up all of her fingers in the air, never having dyed her hair in her life.

((Are we supposed to say a never have I ever thing also or do we go around the circle?
Estrella has 5 fingers.))

Courtney listened to Kaela explain the game and felt like she understood the gist of it. She kept all five of her fingers up because she had never died her hair. When she noticed Katalina only had four fingers up, she stuck her tongue out and shouted, "HA!"

((Courtney has 5 fingers! :p ))

((We should go around the circle, but I don't know what order everyone is sitting in. I suppose we can establish an order. Kaela goes first, obviously. She is next to Bruin, so he can either go second or last. The person on the other side of Kaela can either go second or last. So, who is on my other side?))

((Well, either you can go and Bruin will be last, or we can wait for Bruin to get online and you can be last. Up to you, as you are online.))

((Since I'm online, it makes sense for me to just go.))

Once Courtney had realized it was her turn, she continued to hold out her hand with all 5 fingers up. She pondered a bit for a good idea, and then giggled a little bit as she spoke. "Never have I ever baked a good batch of brownies."

Estrella grudgingly put her pinky finger down, her expression mock sour. "You've got me on that one."

((Estrella now has four fingers.))

Kale quickly sat down and took a seat inbetween Estrella and Bruin once everyone had agreed to play a game, he didn't really get the objective of the game but all of the others seemed to think it was a fun. As he took a seat he listened to Lily and Courtneys 'I have never...' statement. He too haven't made a sucessful batch of brownies nor die his hair so he kept those two fingers up.

(Kale has five fingers)

((OK, so, Katalina, Lily, or Estrella it's your turn. Whoever is sitting next to Courtney. You guys decide.

So far the order is: Kaela, Courtney

Kaela has 5 fingers up.))

Kaela remembered the brownies that Courtney and Lily had brought out to the pitch, and a pang of pain hit her chest. She had been dating Ford, and they had been trying to fly. The whole ordeal ended up as a disaster and Kaela began to frown as she stared down at her butterbeer.

Kat didn't have to put down her finger since she had never really made a batch of brownies before in her life. She had decided that since she was sitting next to Courtney that it was probably her turn to go, so she thought for a moment and then said, "I have never been to Africa." Though it wasn't very good, it was the best she could come up with at the moment.

((Kat's still got 4 fingers up in the air!))

Bruin sat quietly, smiling as the game was explained and the others joined the circle. Bruin was now settled nicely between Kale and Kaela and was pleased to see that he would get to go last. When Kaela brought up the hair dying topic, Bruin was able to keep all five fingers raised having never felt the urge to tamper with his natural hair colour.

Bruin knew he was in trouble when Courtney's turn rolled around however as it would likely have to do with food. Bruin half grimaced and half smiled as he thought back to the many delicious batches of Brownies that he and his parents had made back home. He wasn't a huge fan of chocolate, but a fresh batch of warm brownies was an exception he made with regularity. Bruin's thumb slid towards his palm and only his four fingers remained up in the air.

When Katalina brought up Africa, Bruin thought briefly about his grandparents and the rather curious lion sculpture they had left him in their will. He was quite certain that he would one day try and trace the sculptures roots back to Africa, but as of yet he had yet to travel to the Dark Continent and waved his four fingers before him.

Lily listened to the "I never" statements and had to put a finger down with the brownies. Although her last batch was horrible, she had made really good ones at home with her mom and sister. She was sitting next to Kat so she went next. "I have never played a musical instrument." Lily had always wanted to learn, but never had. She held her 4 fingers up proudly in front of her, and looked to see who was next.

(((Lily has 4 fingers left. Looks like the order is Kaela, Courtney, Kat, Lily...)))

Bruin had played sports, board games, pranks on friends, card games, matchmaker, and even with his hair, but had never played a musical instrument. He smiled as he looked around, anticipating fingers to drop around the rest of the circle. "Good one Lily!", he stated with a laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back