Break From Exams / Kaela's Going Away Party

Kaela McIlvoy

Kaela had gone to the dorm and changed into one of her nicer outfits, wanting to feel good tonight. She looked quite odd for herself, wearing a skirt and a cute top as opposed to jeans and a t-shirt, but she liked it. With her arms full of stuff she walked to the North Tower and began to set up. Kaela got out her telescope and set it up so that people could look at the stars, she put her Wizard Chess Set on a table along with an assortment of random stuff she had brought, such as stuff from Weasley's.

She was not surprised to see that she was the first one there, but hoped that others would come soon. While waiting, Kaela took a book from her purse, sat in a chair, and began to read.

Bruin made his way up to the North Tower with his Skiving Snackbox, Headless Hat, Sneak-o-Scope and Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder tucked neatly into a large duffle bag. He didn't know what the night would bring, but wanted to make sure that they were prepared for anything and that their little get together wasn't interrupted by any unwanted guests.

When Bruin emerged into the open air, he noticed that Kaela had already arrived and was sitting quietly reading a book. "Good evening Miss McIlvoy. Are we the only ones here so far?", he asked with a smile as he placed his duffle bag down against one of the walls for later and took a seat near Kaela.

Kaela looked up from her book with a smile when she heard Bruin's voice. "Yep, just us so far. I wanted to come up early just in case." She smiled softly up at Bruin, very glad he was there. Kaela was a bit worried about what would happen when she told everyone, but at least she could have some fun for now.

"What all did you bring?" Kaela asked as she put her book facedown on the table revealing it to be none other than a Star Wars book.

Courtney was getting ready to leave for the North Tower, and began to search for Kaela. When Kaela could not be found, Courtney shook her head and laughed a bit. She must have left without me, what a little sneak. Oh well, I guess I was too slow getting ready. Courtney walked out of the common room and to the North Tower clutching a Fanged Frisbee in her hands, with Nanook following behind her.

"Hey dudes!" Courtney called as she made her way to where the other two were chatting. "Phew, I thought I was going to be the last one here."

Lily had received an invitation to come to North tower. She got dressed and headed out, wondering what was going on. When she arrived, she noticed that Kaela, Bruin and Courtney were there. "Hey y'all. What's going on?"

Kale recieved an invitation that was for a get together later that evening and being boggled down that past week with schoolwork really made him want to take a break to check it out.

Heading towards the North Tower, Kale walked up the steps that led up to it, hoping that he wasn’t the last one there. Upon reaching the top step, he was happy to see familiar faces sitting around, he smiled and nodded at the others in the tower, “Hey guys.” Kale said a bit sleepily, all of the extra work that he was doing was tiring him out. “How goes it up in hur?” he said goofily while 'raising the roof'.

When other people started showing up Kaela picked up her book and put it back into her purse. "Hey," she said with a smile to each person who came up. Kaela was a bit saddened that her time alone with Bruin was cut short, but she was sure they would be able to talk later.

Kaela couldn't help but giggle at Kale as he made some very awkward gesture that she had only seen on old TV shows. "Where in the world did you pick that up?"

Kat had gotten Kaela's invite for the little get together at the North Tower so she got dressed and headed towards that way. By the time that she arrived she saw that Kaela, Lily, Courtney, Bruin, and Kale had already gotten there. "Hullo all!! How goes it for you guys?" she asked in a bright cheery tone. She had been a little shocked to be invited, seeing as how she didn't really know Kaela all that well, but was quite happy that she had been thought of to be invited.

Estrella was surprised to find that so many people had arrived in the North tower already, having thought that she was coming early. However, she was weighted down with tons of sweets and drinks, holding a pack of butterbeers in the crutch of her arm, a bag of candies in the other, and levitating a box of pastries with her wand. She grinned as she set down the box of pastries near the wall, a bead of sweat trailing down her temple; the stuff had been quite heavy to lug all the way back from Hogsmeade. "Let's get this party started!" she exclaimed, her expression bright.

Kaela was glad to see that Estrella had brought a bunch of snacks and drinks with her, walking over and grabbing a butterbeer. This was her last night with her friends, so why not be bad and eat?

"Yeah, let's get started! Courtney, what is that thing?" she asked in reference to the Fanged Frisbee.

Courtney greeted each of her friends as they came up to the North Tower one by one. She was especially excited when Estrella arrived with a bunch of goodies. Oooh, food!

"This thing?" Courtney asked with a giggle as she sent the Fanged Frisbee flying in Kaela's direction. "This is a Fanged Frisbee. The owner of Dervish and Banges gave it to me for free a while ago!"

Estrella smiled, popping open a butterbeer of her own and grinning at Kaela. She jumped out of the way, however, as a fanged frisbee came sailing her way. "Do those things actually- bite?" she inquired incredulously, not wanting to be the one to find out.

Kale shrugged at Kaela's question, he wasn't sure where he actually learned his 'raise the roof' comment. As Estrella entered the tower last he smiled at her and watched as she set down all kinds of different snacks, he was surprised with the items that everyone else had brought...wishing that he got the memo to bring something because he attended the party empty handed.

His eyes them averted to the item that Courtney had lugged along with her, "A fanged frisbee!" Kale exclaimed, "I remember messing with those things when I was little." he laughed. "From as far as I remember...they only growl, but I think Bruin would be willing to test and see if we have a hostile frisbee in our hands."

Kaela's eyes widened and she jumped out of the way of the frisbee in horror, nearly spilling her butterbeer in the process. The frisbee sailed passed her and she watched as it landed on the floor, not wanting to pick it up.

"Are you sure it doesn't bite?" she asked no one in particular.

Bruin had been about to respond to Kaela's question about what he had brought when other people started arriving and decided to simply sit back and allow the party to begin around him. He donned his headless hat and walked over to pick up the Frisbee, getting the distinct impression that he should approach with caution. "Alright then...let's see what we have here...", Bruin said with a hint of curiosity as he circled the colourful disc, pretending to sneak up on it slowly and then leaping suddenly on it and seizing it with both hands.

Bruin rolled around on the ground with the frisbee for a moment and pretending that it was a wild animal, completely out of control and trying desperately to escape his grasp. After a few moments of self-imposed struggle, Bruin stood up with the Frisbee in his hands and stated simply "Looks like this one is harmless!", he said with a grin. "Either that or it likes me, heads up Kale!", Bruin added as he tossed the frisbee at Kale.

As usual Kaela giggled at Bruin, her cheeks flushing red. She looked at the ground and walked over to Bruin, taking a drink of her butterbeer. "So, when should I tell them?" she asked quietly, making sure no one but Bruin could hear her question but looking casual all the same.

Bruin leaned a little towards Kaela, keeping one eye on Kale and the Fanged Frisbee. "Umm, I don't really know.", he whispered. "Maybe wait until everyone's settled in a little?", he said questioningly. "You can borrow this hat if you don't want anyone to see your face when you do.", Bruin added as he held out the Headless Hat to her.

Kale 'gracefully' caught the fanged frisbee with two hands, it growled rather loudly as he latched his fingers around it tightly.

Spinning around as he held the fanged disk he planned on throwing it back to Bruin, aiming for his back that time. The colorful disk flew across the room and headed for Bruin as he spoke to Kaela in a more secretive tone, he seemed more absorbed in their little conversation so Kale hoped that the frisbee may take him by surprise. He snickered to himself as he watched the frisbee growl and barrel toward his friend.

Kaela took the hat from Bruin and giggled as she put it on her head, which promptly disappeared. "Talk about throwing people off," she said and then took a drink of her butterbeer.

Courtney watched Kale toss the growling frisbee in Bruin's direction and chuckled a bit to herself. She wondered if Bruin would end up getting smacked with it, because it seemed the majority of his attention was directed at Kaela. I wonder why Kaela never told me there was anything going on between her and Bruin..?

She gave Nanook a pat on the head as he too watched the frisbee soar in Bruin's direction.

Bruin's extensive Quidditch training seemed to have given him an almost sixth sense when it came to hazardous objects flying towards him, unfortunately he was a little too interested in Kaela's disappearing head trick to avoid being struck in the side of the head with the Frisbee. As the frisbee tumbled towards the ground it bared its fangs and began nibbling on his sweatshirt, looking for something tasty to sink its teeth into. Bruin began swatting at the thing frantically. "Aw crap, I think it likes me too much!", he said with a panicked laugh as he finally managed to knock the frisbee to the floor before it could do any serious damage.

"Umm, could we play something a little less dangerous? Like chess or I've never...?", Bruin asked the group as he helped himself to a Butterbeer.

Kaela very much was not expecting the frisbee to be coming at Bruin and jumped back when she saw it hit him. "Oh my gosh!" she exclaimed, stepping closer to Bruin. "Are you all right?" The still headless Kaela began to look him over, making sure he wasn't really hurt or anything. The frisbee looked like it was going pretty fast, and even though Bruin seemed fine, he was a boy afterall. They always needed to be macho.

Bruin laughed as a hat bobbed back and forth in front of him, imagining Kaela's look of concern that should have resided between her collar and the brim of the hat. "Yeah, I'm fine...wrong place to hit me if you're trying to hurt me anyways.", he replied with a laugh as he rubbed his temple absently. "...but thanks for caring!", he said softly.

Kale laughed as the frisbee hit Bruin across the head and found a way to sink its teeth in his sweatshirt to save itself from hitting the floor. "Awww...it likes you." he repeated after Bruin in mock sweetness, a malicious grin formed on his face as his friend swatted at the frisbee to let go of his clothing. To Kale, it was a funny sight, but headless seemed fairly concerned.

Kaela smiled at Bruin for a moment before realizing that he couldn't see her face. She sheepishly took the hat off and set it on a nearby surface. Her cheeks were slightly flushed, but she appeared normal for the most part.

"So what's this about Never Have I Ever?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back