Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Whippy Ebony Wand with Demiguise Hair Core
Augustus had asked his cousins what to expect from the Yule Ball, but neither of them had sounded very impressed about the event. That was a bit confusing, as Augustus was pretty sure they were both here tonight with their girlfriends. But maybe they had just meant it wasn't that interesting for someone on their own, without a date. But what Augustus hadn't been prepared for was how beautiful and different the great hall looked. The decorations were very beautiful, and Augustus stared at the silver and gold baubles seemingly floating in the air. He craned his neck to look up at the ceiling, a small sigh escaping him. He then looked around for a good spot to observe the event from. He was planning to stick near the walls, not eager to get into the big crowd. He shuffled over to a nearby table, standing there and looking around at all the older students dancing together or chatting nearby.

Nikko hadn't expected to go to the ball, but he figured it would be more interesting then staying up in the dorm by himself. He wandered around for a bit, regretting that he hadn't made plans to meet up with anyone. He wasn't every good and introducing himself and it was so crowed it made him even more on edge. Eventually he spotted another first year who seemed to be just as out of place as he felt. The other boy was looking around the hall and Nikko glanced around quickly to try and see what he was looking at but found nothing. "Are you looking for someone?" he asked, once he got close enough to the other boy.

Augustus jumped a little as he heard a voice, and he gave the boy who had approached him an alarmed look. He was quiet for a moment, wondering if he was possibly talking to someone else. But a quick glance around made it clear that Augustus was the only one he could be talking to. He cleared his throat. "No." He said quietly, blinking at the boy, who he recognized from his classes. "Are you?" He asked, at loss for what else to say. He had been certain he had found a good spot to just observe, but he hadn't seen this boy coming at all.

Nikko raised his eyebrows and put his hands up non threateningly when the boy looked startled by his presence. The other boy glanced around some more but insisted he wasn’t looking for anyone. Nikko wasn’t sure how to respond to his question. Did he look like he was looking for someone? He shook his head, this was getting confusing. “Should I be?” he asked dryly. “What’s your name anyways?” he asked curiously.

Addy had just peeked into the Yule Ball when she had seen her cousin sneak in, pausing as she saw Augustus talking to another boy in their year. She wandered in, sticking her head around the other boy. "Hi, Augustus," She greeted, walking over to lean against the wall next to him. She gave the boy she didn't know a smile. "Hi, I'm Addison, but everyone calls me Addy." She looked between the boys. "What're we up to?"

Augustus winced inwardly when the boy seemed uncertain about his question. He had just mirrored what he'd asked first, but he guessed that hadn't been quite right. "I don't know." He mumbled as the boy asked if he should be looking for someone. "If you want..." He shrugged. "I'm-" but before he could say his name, Addison popped up and greeted him. He was a little sheepish as he then introduced himself, but he figured the boy had asked him, so it would be polite to introduce himself. "I"m Augustus." He said quietly. "Hello Addison."

Nikko felt a little bad when the other boy actually tried to answer his question, he shouldn’t have been sarcastic just because he was feeling uncomfortable. But smirked when he suggested that he could if he wanted to. He wasn’t wrong. Thankfully their awkward conversation was interrupted by a girl in their year joining them in the corner. “I’m Nikko.” he said a little sheepishly, after she introduced herself. “We weren’t really doing anything.” he admitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back