Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi (Flynn)
Wand
Curly 14 1/2 Inch Unyielding Cypress Wand with Veela Hair Core
Open after Kris posts with Sawyer

Ivy hadn't been surprised to see her mother had put a dress and some cosmetics in her trunk specifically for the yule ball. Ivy knew what her dad would think of her dressing up and trying to look pretty for a dance, but she had been curious. He wouldn't need to know, anyway. She had spent a lot of time on her hair and make-up, mostly because it wasn't something she had much practice in. But the end result was... rather nice. Ivy had spent an embarrassing amount of time admiring herself in the mirror, adjusting her hair and dress until they were just perfect. She had almost wished her mother had been there to see it, but that was just silly at Hogwarts.

But while Ivy had felt confident as she walked into the Great Hall, it had quickly disappeared when she realized she was one of the few people she knew without a date. She had heard about the blind date event, but she hadn't been able to participate because she wasn't a member of Heta Omega. She hadn't really thought about what that would mean until now. Brooke and Delilah both had dates, and she was here all by herself. Ivy watched the festivities for a moment, her mood turning slightly sour. She found a spot where she could lean against the wall and crossed her arms. Her mother had always told her that her Veela powers meant she would have no problem finding dates to events like this, and while Ivy had never cared much about that stuff until now, it still felt frustrating that she was standing here by herself. She doubted that would have ever happened to her mother. She watched Delilah with Flynn, feeling strangely frustrated seeing them together. Ivy looked away, scanning the room for anyone she might be able to talk to. She hadn't dressed up like this so stand here by herself all night.

December was always a weird time for Sawyer, a mix of emotions he still hadn't quite come to terms with how to feel about just yet. But at least it meant the end of exams and getting to go home and see his family, which he was always keen to celebrate.

He'd asked Theia for a little help picking out something to wear this year, finding himself getting more and more aware of what his peers were starting to think about him even if he'd rather he didn't. It had helped, and Sawyer subconsciously straightened his jacket for probably the 10th time as he skirted his way along the dance floor.

He paused when he spotted Ivy, surprised to see her standing off to the side and alone, hesitating for a moment before going over to join her, leaning against the wall next to her and keeping an eye trained out on the crowd about the hall even though he'd rather be looking at her. Maybe he could figure a way to do it without looking like it was staring, but just seeing her from afar had confirmed how nice she looked and how easily he could mess up here. "Uh, hey. Having a good night?" Sawyer hazarded, glancing at Ivy and then back at the hall, suddenly unsure what to do with his hands and wishing that for once he could not get all weird and sweaty around pretty people like Ivy.

Ivy hadn't noticed Sawyer until he was right next to her, but his presence cheered her up immediately. It made her feel better, not standing around by herself. "Hi, Sawyer." She said, leaning forward a bit so she could look at him even though he was looking at the crowd of dancers. "It's a bit boring so far. Everyone but me seems to have a date." She said, frowning slightly. "Or are you alone too?" She asked, glancing around to see if anyone was lingering nearby. It seemed like no one was, and Ivy decided she could hang out with Sawyer tonight if he wanted to. "You look nice." She said, glancing at his clothes.

It was dumb to get excited over the fact that Ivy knew his name. They'd been in classes together for two and a half years, and yet Sawyer still felt his heart speed up a little when Ivy said it. He glanced at Ivy in surprise when she said she didn't have a date, trying not to let it show on his face. "No, not really. Not unless you count saying hi to my sister," he said, giving a sheepish shrug of his shoulders. "We could... Hang out then? If you want?" Sawyer hazarded. He didn't think he'd have had the guts to ask Ivy to the dance directly, but since they were both here, it didn't seem as daunting. "Oh uh, thanks. You-" Sawyer cleared his throat. Once. Twice, "-You look nice too. I like your-" He waved a hand vaguely around his head, "Hair." Sawyer resisted the urge to knock his head against the wall behind them, frustrated at his inability to talk like a normal human around Ivy.

Ivy laughed softly at Sawyer's words, keeping her gaze on his face as she pushed off the wall a bit, curious to learn more about him. "I suppose I can't say it doesn't count when all I've done is stand around here by myself." She said with a slight smile. her smile widened a bit. "I'd like to hang out." She added, watching him closely. As he complimented her, Ivy felt a small thrill. It was nice to be appreciated for her appearance, especially when she had put some work in. She wondered if she could get him to say something else. It couldn't be that hard, right? Ivy smiled at him, meeting his eyes and trying to emulate the little she had seen of her mother using her Veela charm. She tossed her hair back slightly, trying to put on a more charming and sweet smile. "You think? Thank you." She said brightly. "You're sweet." She added.

Sawyer's palms were already sweaty at just the idea of talking to Ivy. Now, with her gaze fixed decidedly on him it was getting a little ridiculous and he did his best to wipe his hands on his pants leg without being too obvious. "Yeah? I mean. Cool, great," he said, finally tearing his gaze away from the hall longer than a few seconds to look at Ivy properly. She really was pretty and Sawyer couldn't understand why she was here all by herself.

His heart fluttered when she tossed her hair and Sawyer was suddenly overcome with the need to do something, anything, to prove that she wasn't wasting her time talking to him. Maybe he could get her something? There were presents under the big tree in the corner but Sawyer didn't think that'd cut it. A drink at least, or a snack? He rubbed his palms on his pants legs again trying to think quickly. "I mean yeah, anyone with- With eyes knows you're pretty," he said, that urgent feeling to have Ivy like him making Sawyer's mouth run without his consent, even while nerves tried to shut his throat down. "Do you- want a drink? I can get you a drink?" He offered, pushing himself forward and off the wall in a hurry.

Ivy's eyes widened slightly as she noticed the effect she was having on Sawyer. She could almost see the moment her Veela Charm influenced him, and she felt both a strange surge of power and a stab of guilt. What was she doing? Wasn't this just what her father hated about her mother? It wasn't fair to Sawyer. "Thank you." She said quickly, her hands moving up to pat her hair down, in the hopes it would help get rid of the effect a bit. "No, that's okay." She said quickly. "You don't have to get me anything." She urged. "We can just... talk."

Sawyer shook his head as if to shake off water, the urgency receding somewhat and mortification slowly taking its place. He wasn't sure what had come over him, but he hoped Ivy would do him a kindness and just forget whatever he'd just said. At least she seemed to still wanted to talk to him, and Sawyer floundered for a subject she might find interesting. "Ah yeah, okay- If you're sure," he stammered, glancing briefly back at the snack tables again as if they could offering him some cue to behave like a regular, cool person who could talk to pretty girls. "So... Do you like Gobstones?" Sawyer closed his eyes as soon as the words were out of his mouth. Maybe it wasn't too late to go get Ivy that drink after all and just never come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back