Professor Cyndi Kingsley

Gryffindor HoH | Mother of 3

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Since I'll be super busy with stuff over the next couple of weeks and won't be able to help out much, I figured I'd volunteer for the BWU this week. We've got lots of updates for you all. Hope you all enjoy!

Graphics Competition: Results
MESSI's graphic competition for the new facebook cover is over. The grand prize winner is Indiana Night [Steph]. She has won the opportunity to have her cover used on HNZ's facebook page! :party: Congratulations, Steph!! We'd like to thank all of the participants for their lovely entries and for their participation in the competition! ^_^
Character Spotlight
Another character has been spotlighted! I hope you all have had the opportunity to see the latest character being spotlighted: Briar Rowan! Congratulations Mia! ^_^ If you haven't had the chance yet, go check out her interview and her bio, development and relationships page. And, keep working on those biographies. Who knows? Your character could be the next one spotlighted!
Out to lunch!!
My activity on HNZ is going to be really limited this week (see this for more info), so if you have any immediate needs be sure to PM Nick. He so loves getting PMs. :shifty: Due to my absence, we've thought that it would be best to shut down the applications page for a bit so that there aren't a ton of apps just sitting around not being processed. Hope you all can understand. :)

Catch Up Week!
It's the week after classes and the week before exams for semester one, so you better get caught up on all of those lessons you neglected during the semester. Don't miss out on getting your house mates some much needed house points. :r
Professors, please ensure that you have a make-up section in your classroom for the students.

Quidditch
Last week, we had not one but two successful quidditch matches. In the end, there could only be one winner (per game) and the winners were: Gryffindor & Slytherin! Congratulations to those teams!! Feel free to have your students running around celebrating their house's win. :p

During semester two, those teams will go against each other to determine which team will earn the Quidditch Cup. Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws will battle it out to stay out of the cellar in the quidditch tournament. Stay tuned. :p
There also might be an extra special game taking place during the summer, but more on that later. :r

Costume Contest
With the Halloween Feast over and done with, it is time to announce the winners of the costume contest. I know you've all been waiting for this, right?

Cutest Costume: Cosette Mayfair as a Mariposa
Funniest Costume: Samual Kaster as a Detective
Most Original Costume: Jordan Trace Vanderhol as Babar the Elephant
Scariest Costume:Khione Hawthorne as a Soulless Corpse

and...
Best Costume:Chayton Ateara as Shrek

House points to the winning students have been awarded. :)

One of my favorite parts of the BWU ; the plot highlights. If you enjoy them as much as I do, then here you go!!! [ul][li]Halloween Havoc
As two young boys feel the need to spice up the boring Halloween feast they pull a instant prank. Kyle Cavanaugh and Wes Amherst fake fight as Rose and Bituin watch and try to stop them. As Kyle kills Wes with the knife Professor Black arrives to put things in order.</LI>

[li]Three Seers and We Didn't See This Coming
After months of getting Stomach pains one professor will get news that neither she or her family saw coming
Other RPs in this Plot: Sixth Years Lesson Six (Interactive Lesson) and Help Her So I Can Go[/li][/ul]

[ul][li]Exams for all students except for OWL and NEWT students
[li] Yule ball and the holidays!
<LI>[li]Nick also wants me to add a teaser about the fact that 'change is coming,' so I'll say this: It is a very cool change and I can't wait until you guys see it. ^_^ Was that good enough, Nick? :cyndi: [/li][/ul]
Any questions? Comments? Concerns? Feel free to leave them here.

~ Cyndi
(On behalf of HNZ Site Staff)

Woo! I love Change!

Changes are always welcome! xD

I think I have a suspicion about the special Quidditch match :shifty:

Thanks for the updates! :)

Thanks for posting the BWU, Cyndi-pants. :)

Stellar job Cyndi! :hug:

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back