Kaitlyn
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Cypress/Ebony Mix 14" Core of Basilisk Fang; Black Walnut/Maple 12 3/4" Essense of Silver Thistle
Welcome to the first BWU in the brand new year of 2012! Things have been busy for us all, and we have a lot of wonderful updates for you! Both IC and OOC alike! So, let's get on with this, shall we?
The Holidays
As you have seen, the biweekly updates and spotlight characters have been placed on hold. Alas, the holidays have been hectic with us all, and it was something amazing. I am sure that everyone had very good times away from Hogwarts New Zealand, and now that the holidays are winding down, we are expecting to get back on track regularly, and sure enough, we should be good to go when it comes down to the updates. We appreciate your patience with our lack of updates, but this should definitely be enough for you all!

Applications: Reopened!
Need a special plot, pure-blood, or even a magical creature? Behold, the applications are back and opened! I am sure the Administrators are looking forward to helping out your ideas and plots come alive when it comes down to the applications that are needed. That includes if you want your character to be an Auror or a Death Eater or even a Ministry Official. Remember to give them a lot of thought! Good luck on your applications!

Spotlight: To be continued
They will be continued perhaps next week, but in the meantime, make your bios as awesome as possible, full of details! That is what we look for. We will be looking them over here within a few days, so if you want your character to be spotlighted, only one thing to do, and that is to make your biography on your character as awesome as it can be! A well-developed character is a very happy character indeed (unless you get a sick thrill of putting them in harm's way :r )

Protest!
On January the 18th, find other means to entertain yourselves because HNZ is shutting down that day! You can always do what I do, and save a response of one of your roleplays into a document and start replying to it, so it can be posted as soon as the site goes back up. It is in protest of the SOPA and PIPA initiatives in the United States. Those that are from the States (like me and Cyndi) have more than likely heard what Congress is doing (scratch that, probably everyone by now), and this is our form of protest! There will be an announcement about it beforehand, and sure enough, we should be prepared!

Calendar: Up to date!
The calendar will be up to date for in-character September and now we will know when Head of Houses will need to choose future Prefects, when exams will be, all of the good information will be right there! All thanks to our Administrators! It will give us a good estimation of when sorting begins! As Nick seems to do it, a day before or after or even on the day on sorting! xD

Hogwarts 'Meme'
Ever seen those 'memes' that are hanging around the internet? Thanks to Beth, we have one of our own! Come check it out here and be sure to give Nick's posts as many likes as possible so that he can come up with some witty ones too! Everyone can contribute of course, and by looking at examples, those that don't know how to make them, can learn just as easily! That is what I am going for right now anyhow. :r

Welcome, New Professors!
We have a couple of new professors! Welcome, Professor Glass and Professor Paracelsus to the team! Congratulations, and be sure to make us proud! Read over the guidelines, and students, take it easy on the new professors. I don't know if they are push overs or not. :r However I highly doubt it, and pay your respects to the new staff members of the school!

Accio! Pages are Slowly Closing
Our pages for the students are slowly closing so that the Accio! staff can get started on the pages. With that in mind, we are going to be having IC Superlatives soon enough, and when they are up, remember, participate! It could be the last time that they are being hosted for a while! An announcement will be made once they are officially set up, and any and all confusion will be cleared up as well! Once it is put up, be sure that you participate as much as possible!

New Semester!
A new semester begins tomorrow, so professors, post your lessons, and students, earn some house points! When it comes down to earning some house points, try to help another student out in a roleplay, it may come in handy! Professors may even start giving out (and taking away) house points for good and bad behaviors! Also, when it comes down to the new semester, that means to enroll into classes that your student will be taking. Make sure to check your house common room for the schedule so you won't enroll for the same class twice!

It's a Bird, a Hippogriff, no, it is a Werewolf!
Looks like the wolf is out of the bag, with Jaden West's assistance, the entire school body knows about Briar Rowan's hairy secret. I might as well stop with the wolf puns. xD Anyone with students, please participate in this school wide plot! Whether your character would be scared, amazed, hating Briar, or even envying the Gryffindor Prefect! That includes professors as well! Get in the topics (they are everywhere!) and start getting in on this action!

Apparation Lessons: Come on Sixth Years!
With every second semester comes apparation lessons for sixth years only! This year, come on and attend the classes, so that you can earn some house points! Plus with first time apparations, they come up with some interesting results, and there can be some splinching! Well, probably would need approval from the instructor or administrators first, but it would still be rather fun!

A Snitch May Be Loose
All Quidditch players for the four houses better check their PM boxes, the Captains are contacting the most active for the game that is coming up! It has not been officially scheduled until the teams are rounded up, but that is where we need your help! It is going to be around the week after lesson one of classes, so around week two. We need everyone to participate as much as possible, so please do! :D
We have quite a bit put in this time around, so if you see something you like, come on and highlight it so we all can read the awesome plots you all come out with![ul][li]Helping the Next Generation
Link's surviving relative wants to finish what he started. Dominique only can accomplish that by asking possibly the only person whom may or may have know him well. Ioan Finch is not a snitch?</LI>
[li]You Just Can't Run
Damian has something important to tell his girlfriend, only he's a little too scared to.
[li]I'm gonna muster every ounce of confidence I have
While building a fort, or attempting, something happens and Zayne comes clean about his lies and reveals who he truly is to Kaia.
[li]wolfsbane and Mistletoe
Over the break Briar and Dederick, two teenage werewolves spend a few nights together on Dedericks boat. during this time they discover that they have feelings for each other. however one morning when they are moored in a harbour the appearance of another student could spell disaster for the young couple.
[li]the whole story
Briar tells her friends the entire story of how she become the werewolf that she is, and it seems like Madlyn and Briar make up at last.
Other RPs in this Plot:
Briar Werewolf (Seventh Floor)
[li]Feathers and Dire Secrets
Despite the two never getting along, the Slytherin snake discovers something about herself that could possibly change the love/hate relationship that the two have.
[li]To Paris
The two plan a wedding despite it being illegal in his family, but the happy ending is no longer so happy when an unexpecting guest arrives.
[li]My Home, My Rules
Lukyan comes and stays at Irene's house for a while, with their daughter. Will there be hostility, or will there be compassion that may be buried deep within.
[li]Something like Wonderland
Nicolette becomes a victim of her husband's torturing habits, and seems like it will not stop for a while either. When will the bickering end, and a bigger question, will Nicolette ever get the upper hand?
[li]And So My Life Comes Crashing Down
Dannii suffers a minor injury in a quidditch game, but when the healer on site ends up doing more damage rather then healing she if forced to come to terms with the fact that she will never be able to pay quidditch again.
<LI>[li]Falling to pieces
James is finally caught cheating after his very pregnant girlfriend finds him with his also very pregnant mistress.
Other RPs in this Plot:
Unexpected Surprises- Eden tells James that she is pregnant
Most Wonderful News- Daisie tells James that she is pregnant[/li][/ul]
To look forward to!
~ Classes
~ More exciting RPs!
~ More updates!
~ IC Superlatives
~ Daily Prophet!
Have any comments, questions, concerns? Just post here!

~ Sir Kaitlyn
(On behalf of HNZ Site Staff)

Lovely update!

Good to be evil sometimes :r

WOO my plot got its own section :dances: i liked the wolf puns, i think i have been pulling them for the last week :linda:
great BWU guys, a lot has gone on since the last one. and lots of highlighted plots is nice to see. lots for me to lurk.
Quidditch again will be fun. lets see who wins this year, hopefully both teams wont be disappointed like last time.

Hadan Hensel said:
Protest!
On January the 18th, find other means to entertain yourselves because HNZ is shutting down that day! You can always do what I do, and save a response of one of your roleplays into a document and start replying to it, so it can be posted as soon as the site goes back up. It is in protest of the SOPA and PIPA initiatives in the United States. Those that are from the States (like me and Cyndi) have more than likely heard what Congress is doing (scratch that, probably everyone by now), and this is our form of protest! There will be an announcement about it beforehand, and sure enough, we should be prepared!
Great update, and thanks for the forewarning. ^_^

Still no doubt that I'll forget, though. :lol:

Thanks for posting this, Kaitlyn. :)

Great update Kaitlyn!! :)

Yay for updates. You did an awesome job Kaitlyn. I will most likely forget on the 18th and get all annoyed and restart my computer many time along with my internet thinking that's why HNZ isn't working and than it will just all go downhill until I do something crazy like kid nap a moose. Kidding!

Since SOPA was shot down, are we still going to do the protest? xD
And thanks guys! :wub:

Hadan Hensel said:
Since SOPA was shot down, are we still going to do the protest? xD
And thanks guys! :wub:
I was just going to ask this.

The Protect IP act hasn't been shelved, though, so I hope the blackout will go on.

You mean they decided not to censor the internet?

Imma little late I know, but Great Update :D

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back