Status
Not open for further replies.

Patricia Styx

OOC First Name
Pattycakes!
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Tail Hair of a Male Unicorn | Willow Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Gold Dust
BWUTitle.png

Wow! It's been a long time since the last BWU, right? :correct: But, HNZ waits for no one and during these past few weeks, a lot has happened on the site. So much so that this BWU comes from Cyndi and myself :D Want to find out what we mean? Read on...

OOCUpdates.png

Downtime on HNZ

As most of you know by now, HNZ was down for a bit last Saturday and it was on purpose :o Why, you may ask? It was necessary for Nick to do so that he could get some stuff done that he wouldn't have been able to with all of us roaming the site. If you'd like to read about the reason for the downtime, read this

More Awesome Changes

To help streamline the usergroup request process, Nick worked on a system to help make it easier to get your character's usergroup changed. It seems to be working quite well so far. Read here and see the form by clicking here.

Graphics Competition

A graphics competition was held by our lovely MESSI. The competition was to come up with a banner that represented the HNZ community as a whole. Pretty cool, huh? A number of awesome people entered, and after the vote, Indianna Lee (Emmah) won!!

Congratulations to her on that and if you'd like to see her entry along with the others, click here!

Another Competition

A new MESSI competition opened today, and it is an Acrostic challenge. If you are interested in entering or simply want to check out the entries before they are put up for vote, click here. It should be loads of fun and I look forward to seeing the entries : ) Click here for the full announcement and official rules

Where is the Character Spotlight?

As you’ve probably noticed, it has been over a month since a character was spotlighted. When we look to spotlight a character, we basically look for a biography that is well developed and a character that we feel can be looked at as a model for new members. And, if the person has a complete character development and a relationship thread, that is a plus as well. Unfortunately, finding a character that fits all of these qualities has been difficult as of late.

So, a decision has been made to halt the character spotlight until there is a biography that really wows us : ( This sounds sad, right? But we all hope that it gives everyone the opportunity to work on their biographies and developments. And who knows? Perhaps you can be the next character spotlighted ;)

ICUpdates.png

End of Semester One & Exams

Wow, it’s been 6 weeks already folks. So that means that all classes should now have been posted up and now all you students have this week to catch up with your missed lessons to bunk your marks before exams are posted next week.

Reminder: Professors

Remember Professors, exams are posted on Monday and go until Wednesday, also OWLs and NEWTs are not to be posted until the end of next semester. Please keep all of your classes up-to-date as we have seen some classes falling behind. If you are unable to post a class on time please let us know so we can ensure that there is cover for you and not finding out weeks later that a class wasn’t posted. :p

Halloween: Costume Contest Winners

So we recently had our annual Halloween Ball here on HNZ and as such, we had our annual Costume Contest. There was some really great costumes this year, but as such every year there has to be some winners. Click here to see the winners. Also, to everyone that RPed at the Ball, your badges have been distributed :D

Seasons Change

Once again the times have changed. It is now December and tomorrow will see Summer starting. Remember that we are in New Zealand so December isn’t what most Northern Hemisphere people assume it to be. Read up on what to expect December/Summer to be like in New Zealand

PlotHighlights.png

We have a few plots this time around, and guys, we know that there are plenty of good plots hanging about out there, so just remember, being mentioned in the BWU is a click away!
[ul][li] A meeting. (Should be called a catastrophe)
This plot is supposed to really show the hatred for the Slytherin house. The basics is that Ispbel Hills, Alice Hills cousin, was Telling Leslie West, that Alice was flirting with Her boyfriend Nick Feanor. Isobel sends a Alice a note to meet her at the Hogwarts Garden after the First Lesson. She decides to ask some friends, to come, for protection, because she is secretly very scared. But what none of them know is that Fayt is hiding in a bush! Nick Feanor also pops out from a tree, and tells everyone that Danielle Warbeck, was cheating on Ryan Moon, with Sam Devlin! Jaedan Feanor's boyfriend! There is yelling, love, and hatred, in this crazy Plot Line!</LI>

[li] Family time together
The Porter/Costello family have a nice evening together, showing a side of Ryan people rarely see.

[li] Candy Floss
For a first date, Tamas and Frances go to a carnival but while they are there they encounter Tamas' greatest fear.

[li]The Itty Bitty Scare
Alyssa contacts her best friend, Hadan, because she fears she is pregnant. Just to be sure, they test, and then both realize, scares are not named lightly, and that muggle tests are rather misleading

[li]First Impressions
Alois is a tired kid and falls asleep in his last class of the day. Gwen being who she is decides to wake him up so he doesn't miss any notes but it doesn't work out well and the class ends. Soon after the two begin talkign more and find they are becoming fast friends. They run away from rabid fangirls of Alois' part-veela looks, and manage to enjoy themshelves till Gwen's feeling start becoming more. She doesn't know but Alois is begining to feel the same but they both believe that the other wishes to be just friends. As an escape, from her feelings for Alois, Gwen decides that she is going to ask out Jack Evans, another Durmstrang student, who she met a few days ago. But her and Alois are too close and she tells him about her plan leaving out her feelings for him of course. This causes an all-out yelling war between the two in the corridor infront of the dorms.

[li] I've Been a Fool, More Than Once, More Than Twice.
Having moved to a new town, emotions come to a head for Abathyn resulting in more drastic decisions being made. She is found and taken to St. Mungo's, only to be discovered to be hiding a few more secrets than you'd expect. This will explain a lot! Warning; slightly sensitive content.
(Other RPs in this Plot: I Hope I Never, I Hope I Never Have to Cry, Again.)

[li]Neurosis: The Unappealable Fixation
Hades decides to take matters into his own hands when he follows Etoile and her new lover around. However, things take a turn when Etoile pushes his buttons just a little bit too far

[li]Misery Loves Company
Colton and Gabrielle, lovers and best friends, are expecting a baby but turns out infertility did not skip Gabrielle as the trip to the doctor turned out even worse than what they expected[/li][/ul]

Don’t forget that you can also have your plot (s) highlighted, if you simply click the link:

TTLFT.png

[ul][li] Exams- for everyone except those of you taking OWLs or NEWTs( you'll get yours at the end of the year :shifty: )
[li] Getting to see the grade book in action! :woot:
[li] The end of the semester- which signals the opening of all areas to students as well as the Yule Ball
<LI>[li] Awesome plots- as always ;) [/li][/ul]

That's all we have for this edition of the weekly news. Until next time,

- Pattycakes & Cyndi
(On behalf of the Site Staff)

:woot:
You don't know how excited I was to see this up! I have been waiting patiently :D
So excited to reading the plot highlights too! So many! :frantics:
Well done Pat and Cyndi ^_^

Thanks, you two. :wub:

(And, I haven't read it alll yet - I am le tired - but I trust you that it's superb. ;) )

Patricia Styx said:
[ul][li] I've Been a Fool, More Than Once, More Than Twice.
Having moved to a new town, emotions come to a head for Abathyn resulting in more drastic decisions being made. She is found and taken to St. Mungo's, only to be discovered to be hiding a few more secrets than you'd expect. This will explain a lot! Warning; slightly sensitive content.
(Other RPs in this Plot: I Hope I Never, I Hope I Never Have to Cry, Again.)[/li][/ul]
Hehe. ^_^

Great BWU Pat and Cyndi!

:O No spotlight character?? But I love that part of HNZ. Come on people, let's get our biographies improved :)

Cyndi :hug:
Patty :hug:
Well done to both of you. Great BWU.

Great BWU. Nice job. :hug:

On another note, the Yule Ball is also open now. :)

Abathyn Dalmoir said:
Patricia Styx said:
[ul][li] I've Been a Fool, More Than Once, More Than Twice.
(Other RPs in this Plot: I Hope I Never, I Hope I Never Have to Cry, Again.)[/li][/ul]
Hehe. ^_^

Great BWU Pat and Cyndi!
Dang it Olivia! D:

Now I got 'I hope I never' Stuck in my head now. BLAHHH.

In other words:

Awesome awesome BWU :3

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back