Beating the boredom

Kiera shook her head. "Nah its not too bad. Pretty much what you just did plus a back handspring before it. Your just going to act like your going to sit in a chair. When you get to the point where you are going to fall, you jump. When your hands hit the ground, you shrug your shoulders to push off. Then just snap your legs down. Rebound into the air and then do what I just taught you." she said, explaining it all.

" Ok you just completely lost me." Alex said with a smile as he stepped back and got the room to do it. He ran up and done what she demonstrated, and got to the point where he was meant to go to sit on a chair and then flip, he fell over and landed on his back. He got back up and headed over towards where he started off from. " Im going to try it one more time, then im going to give up." He said with a smile on his face. He ran up tried it again and went to sit in a chair and flipped back doing the move he was taught before and he landed on his feet then fell over onto his back.

He began to laugh. " I can do it." He said as he pushed himself back up and wiped himself off.

Kiera watched as he attempted to do what she told him. He fell the first time. Kiera covered her mouth to keep from laughing. As he did it correctly the second time, Kiera clapped. "That was good. You catch on quick." she said approvingly. "The landing could use a bit of work." she teased him with good humor.

" Yeah, I feel dizzy. That's enough flipping for me today." He said as he began to take off his shoes. He could fight better with them off. " Ok, so are you sure you want to learn Muay Thai?" He asked double checking, just in case she changed her mind. He didn't want to teach her something she didn't really want to know. Just like when his older brother had taught him how to make petrol bombs.

Kiera laughed as he said he felt dizzy. It was normal for someone who hadn't tumbled before to feel that way. Kiera watched him take off his shoes. Kiera nodded her head. "I do." she said confidently. "Bring it on." she said teasingly. "Should I take off my shoes too?" she asked him.

" If you want, it is just a preference for me." He said as he stood beside her. " It is fairly simple the moves, but some of them can take it out of you. Lets start with a elbow." He said as he moved around to be in front of her, holding his arms up. " Ok when you swing your elbow to strike, make it like your going to throw a punch, then swing it around striking with your elbow and always remember to open your fist before you strike it tightens up your elbow." ( Don't know how it does, but my instructor told me that.) He said as he demonstrated slowly in the air in front of her. He then put his hands back up for her to strike his arms.

Kiera took her shoes off before they began. She never wore shoes when she practiced her gymnastics at her gym. It would make her feel as if she could move better. Kiera stood in front of Alex as he began to talk. It was a bit confusing and complicated sounding. She watched him carefully. Kiera was good at copying what she saw. She nodded her head as he wanted her to try. She did exactly what he said, only a bit too slow. Throwing punches felt odd to her. Kiera frowned. "How was that?" she asked, pretty sure she did it wrong.

" That was pretty good." Alex said as he shook off his hand after the blow. Even though it was slow it still stung a little bit. " Plus I forgot, as you strike breath out hard, it help you put more power into your attack and it helps you not get winded." He said as he put his hands up again." Try again, but harder." He said with a smile, it was good being able to teach someone how to elbow.

Kiera nodded her head. She took in every piece of instruction. After all, she had spent most of her life being coached. She had gotten very good at correcting her mistakes the first time. "Okay. Here goes nothing." she said. Kiera did exactly the same thing only a bit faster and letting out a breath. Kiera had all her power behind that hit. It was a strong hit. Kiera was powerful. It required a great deal of muscle to do what she did in the gym. "Any better?" she asked, thinking that she had done better.

Alex instantly shook his hand out. The hit was almost harder then most of the men, that he fought hits where. " Yes just a little bit." He said sarcastically, as he held his hand because of the pain." Remind me never to get on your bad side, after I teach you these." He said with a smile on his face. " Well now you have mastered that, you will need to know how to Clinch. Clinching is where you put your arms around the back of someones head, gripping your hand behind there neck and dragging them around. Like so." he said demonstrating on Kiera, without dragging her around, he knew she would easily be able to get this one.

Kiera laughed as he shook out his hand. "Sorry." she said cheerfully. She was just happy that she had gotten the move right. "I'll remind you. I'm even better with a wand." she joked. It was true though. She was skilled at magic and advanced for her age. Kiera listened intently as Alex talked about Clinching. She knew she was able to do this one, well if she could reach Alex. She nodded her head. "Let's have a go then." she said positively. She had to jump to get to his neck but after that she had the move right. It was possible she pulled down a little too hard. She let him go. "I think I'm too short for that one." she laughed.

" Maybe, but if you had enough force behind it you could do some damage, it is very easy to do." He said as he straightened himself back up to full height. " So now we are going to do something you would be good at. Side kicks, it is where you bring you leg out and kick with your shin. If you use your foot you are likely to break it." He said demonstrating in the air. " I suggest you kick the air to, I don't want broken ribs." He joked as he waited for her to try.

Kiera nodded her head. She watched him carefully as he kicked the air. She took in his exact movements, making sure to memorize them. Kiera laughed as he teased her about giving him broken ribs. "Are you sure you wouldn't like one or two ribs to be broken?" she said teasingly. She would never break his ribs. She swung her leg through the air just like he had. She turned to him and waited to see what he had to say.

Alex's face lit up in a wide grin, it was funny how well they seemed to be getting on. He watched as she mimicked him exactly as she kicked, it was perfect. Swung with perfect speed and force. It would be enough to take anyone of guard. " That was perfect." He said thinking of what they could do next. " Want to move on to a push kick?" He asked, hoping she would it was almost the last basic move that could be taught. ( Well move i could really explain on here. :p) A push kick was exactly how it sounds you use the ball of your foot to strink, then you use your heel to push them away from you, giving you more room to kick them.

Kiera beamed at Alex as he said she did it perfect. All those years of doing exactly what her coach told her too paid off. She was good at following direction. Kiera nodded her head at his question. "Yeah sure. Teach me whatever you like." she said brightly. Kiera wanted to learn.

Alex turned away from her and pulled out his wand, flicking it in the air. Muttering. "Accio Punching bag in a stand." A punching bag set up flew quickly over towards them, maybe it was from a Muggle shop or something." Ok so this is the push kick." He said demonstrating. First of raising his right leg and allowing his heel to hit first.( Stuffed up my explanation before.) Then pushing off with the ball of his foot. He turned back around to face her. " Do you reckon you could do that?" He said as he grabbed the bag and held it, so it wouldn't move much.

Kiera watched Alex with curiosity as a punching bag appeared. Alex kicked the back with force and skill. Kiera grinned. It looked like fun. This was almost like a game to her. She nodded her head. "Yes, I believe so." she said with certainty to Alex. Kiera missed the kick on her first try. The second time she nailed it perfectly. Her leg stung from kicking the bag with all her power. She beamed at Alex. "I did it." she said proudly.

Alex smiled as she missed the bag, but winced as she kicked it the second time. He was holding it in a stupid way, so that his bruised ribs where on the bag. It hurt a little bit, but he would surely get over it. " Well that's really all I can explain." He said as he plopped back down on the ground, and he tapped the punching bag and stand with his wand, and it flew back the way it had came.

Kiera laughed as he sat down. "Alright. That was fun though." she said cheerfully. She sat down beside him. "How long have you been doing that?" she asked wondering. It was fun but Kiera thought she would stick to her gymnastics.

" Ive done it now for about five years, you have to be over thirteen to be able to participate in it. It is a high contact sport, on my first lesson I was paired up against one of the best in the class." Alex said reminiscing on that day and how much he had learned and how badly he ended up getting hurt. It was fun though, even through all the pain that was felt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back