Beating the boredom

Alexander Fields

OOC First Name
Ben
Wand
Elder 15 1/2" Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
Alexander Slowly began to make his way to the top of the cliff. It was his first time, in all the seven years that he had been attending the school that he had even payed this place a thought of mind. He looked around at the wide open scenery, it was beautiful. Every blade of grass, to the tree's that towered above him. He slowly began to walk over towards the edge to see how far it was to the bottom. As he looked over, he began to feel dizzy. It was quiet a height, he loved flying but even this high was just a little bit to much. He slowly backed away from the edge and he made himself fall backwards onto the grass that was spread out all along the top. He just lay there staring at the bright blue sky and he began to think about what it would be like to be up there staring down and how much different you would feel. " Argh, this is beautiful." He said to himself as he lay there relaxed as anything, tehre was no one around for miles.

Kiera was bored inside. The sun was shining and it seemed like a waste to be cooped up inside the school. It was still fairly early in the day. Kiera was wearing her typical work out clothes. Her long brown hair laid in natural curls around her face. Kiera noticed her shorts seemed a little loose but she didn't pay any attention. She didn't realize that she had lost ten pounds unintentionally. Kiera grabbed one her school books out of her trunk to take with her outside.

Kiera made her way down to the Cliffs. Technically it was off limits but it was one of Kiera's favorite places to be. She figured that being Head Girl, she wouldn't get in trouble for it. However, she found a boy already occupying the Cliffs. She hadn't ever met this boy but he looked about her age. Kiera smiled. "Mind if I join you?" she asked kindly.

Alex was beginning to doze off when he heard the voice of someone, a girls voice. He instantly stood up to see who it was, wiping his back off as he stood. " Nah, not at all." Alex said as he looked her over. " I'm Alexander Fields." He confessed as he extended his right hand out to shake hers. He didn't quiet know why he always did that, maybe it was because sub consciously he thought he would come across as being rude if he didn't. " It's beautiful up here, do you come here often?"

Kiera smiled back at the boy as he said he didn't mind if she joined him. She watched curiously as he stood up. He extended his hand and Kiera place her tiny hand in his. "Its a pleasure to meet you Alexander. I'm Kiera Kingsley." she told him, her southern accent coming through her voice. Kiera grinned at his question. "Yes actually." she admitted. "I love it here. Its usually quiet and serene. I like to come here to study or just think." she explained, a grin still on her face.

" Nice to meet you to, Kiera." Alex said as he thought about how Kiera was a lovely name. It suited as well. " Yeah, it's the first time I've come here, I wish I had come here before." He said his Australian accent, coming through as he spoke, he couldn't quite pick the accent she had. He scratched the back of his head messing up his tidy white hair, before sitting down on the ground and putting his arms extended out on the ground. " What kind of accent is that, you have there?"

Kiera cocked her head to the side. "Why haven't you been here before?" she wondered outloud. Kiera knew she had been coming down here as long as she had been in school. Well, maybe not first year. She picked up on his accent that sounded Australian. She saw Alexander sitting down and decided that she would to. Kiera leaned back on her hands. She laughed as he asked her what her accent was. Not many people recognized it if they weren't from the States. "Its a Southern accent. I'm originally from Georgia in the United States though we have lived in California for several years now." she told him in a friendly voice.

Alex laughed at himself. He hadn't really talked to many Americans, let alone any one since he had been there. " I don't know, I just never really payed it any thought of mind, I just went along and done my own thing, just finally decided it would be a good idea to come here and check it out." He said as he slapped his shin, squishing a mosquito that was draining the blood out of his leg. " So your a long way from home, aren't you?"

Kiera flashed the boy a smile. "I would say that was a good idea." she said, partially joking around with him. Kiera thought it was fun to listen to Alexander talk. She hadn't really known anyone with his type of accent. Kiera laughed at his question. "Well, I'm far away from one of my homes." she said grinning. "My mom actually lives here in New Zealand with my new stepdad. She's the transfiguration professor here." she explained. Kiera wasn't too fond of her mother but she wasn't going to show that to this boy.

" Cool, I would rather live here. Then back over home, to many snakes there. There's none here." Alex said as he glanced back out over the edge. " .. And at least you would get good grade in transfiguration." He said with a smile, he loved transfiguration and wanted to get to know this girl and become friends with her, seeing as her mum could help him out with his work, if she wasn't one of the tough type of teachers, where every thing had to be done by the book. " So what house are you in?"

Kiera made a face as the boy talked about snakes. It was one of fright and distaste. "I wouldn't want to live where you live then." she said with a shutter. "I am terrified by snakes. My brother Cameron found out outside our house and was playing with it. He made it angry by throwing it at me. It bit me. Been scared of them ever since." she explained. It was quite an irrational fear but Kiera couldn't help it. "I don't think she would do that, not that she would ever have to. I work very hard for my grades." she told him truthfully. Kiera grinned as he asked her house. "I'm a Gryffindor. What about yourself?" she asked curiously.

" I've been bitten a few times, myself. ( In RL as well lol.) They used to scare me, but seeing as they are a everyday thing out on the farm. I have to deal with it. Facing your fear is the best thing to do." Alex said as he stared at his feet. " Ahh well that's good then, at least you don't get it easy." He said with a smile it would be bad if she got special treatment just because she was the teachers daughter. " Im in Hufflepuff."

Kiera grimaced as he told her to face her fear. She shook her head. "I'm not afraid of much. I think I can keep that one fear. Thank you." she said jokingly. Kiera laughed as he talked again about her mother. If only he knew how not easy she had it with Jacqueline. The two never got along though it was mostly Kiera's fault these days. "Hufflepuff? Really?" she mused. "My sister, Katheryn, and my boyfriend, Alex, are both in that house. Do you know them?" she asked curiously.

" Might recognize them if I see there faces, but no I have never talked to them before. I usually stick to myself and remain invisible." Alex said feeling kind of invisible, it was funny seeing as Kiera's boyfriend's name was Alex same as his and they where in the same house. " So how long have you and your boyfriend been together for?" He asked genuinely interested, he had begun to take a liking to conversations of late. He was making friends and meeting people, something he hadn't ever done before.

Kiera nodded her head as the boy talked. "Kat's like that too. She's shy and doesn't make the effort to talk to people. Alex is loud though. I'm sure you would remember meeting him." she said laughing. Alex was quite a character. Kiera smiled at Alexander's question "Oh, well we started dating last January. But umm..we broke up for a few weeks before the end of the term but we got back together." she said, blushing. It had been her fault they broke up. Kiera had cheated on Alex with James Potter.

" Well that's good, that you and him got back together." Alex said, he wished he would of had a girlfriend by now, but it seemed as though life didn't have that planned for him yet. " Sorry if this is kind of imposing but what was the point of breaking up, when yous got back together?" He asked carelessly, he wasn't the brightest of all people when it came to all things social. If there was a class on it he would surely fail.

Kiera smiled as he said it was good they got back together. Kiera completely agreed. She blushed bright red as Alexander asked her what the point of the break up was. Kiera knew she was going to have to admit her flaw in judgment. She looked down at the ground, too ashamed to look at the boy. "I cheated on him with James Potter.... It was all my fault. I made a horrible mistake." she said softly. "I got lucky that Alex is so kind and forgiving. I love him really." she admitted.

" That's not really good, Alex must be a really understanding and nice guy if he would take you back after that. I'm not here to judge, im just saying and there is no point beating yourself up over it, whats done is done. Everything happens for a reason." Alex said feeling kind of weird for saying something like that, it was really unlike him, but it was needed. He could tell she felt terrible about what she had done." So what is it like over in America?" he asked, knowing that there needed to be a change in the subject.

Kiera nodded her head in agreement. This Alex said almost the exact same thing her Alex had told her. He didn't blame her anymore so why should she blame herself? Kiera couldn't help but feel guilty when the subject was brought up. "Yeah, Alex is wonderful." she murmured. It was silent a moment before this Alex changed the subject. Kiera smiled with gratitude at him. "Well I lived in the muggle world over there so its pretty different." she admitted. There were many differences that Kiera loved and some that she wasn't so fond of. It all depended on perspective.

" Back over home, I could almost get away with having a game of quidditch in my yard. See living in the country means no neighbors for miles, which is good, but it would be good if there where some neighbors around so I could have a little chat with them every once and a while." Alex said with a smile, it was good to see how easy going this girl was, and open to conversation. He felt bad for bringing up the topic about her and her boyfriend. He cast his green eyes to a lone eagle that was circling something about a hundred meters to there right. He began to wonder what it would be like to have the freedom, to fly anywhere you wanted and do anything you wanted. " So do you get along with your step dad?" Alex asked remembering how she said that she lived with her mother and her step dad over here.

Kiera grinned as he said that he could get away with Quidditch in his yard. Kiera shook her head. "I can't get away with Quidditch in our California home but my dad kept our family plantation home back in Georgia and there isn't anyone about there. I bet you could get away with flying there." she said thoughtfully. "I love flying." she said, her face clearly showing excitement. Kiera smiled as this Alex mentioned her stepdad. "Yeah I like him alright. He's an auror and a seer. Nice guy. Don't know how he fell in love with my mother." Kiera said, making a face as she mentioned her mother. Kiera was in no way fond of the woman. "Are your parents still together?" she asked curiously.

Alex looked down at the ground." My parents passed away when I was seven years old, but it's all good." He said as he looked back up at her. He didn't mind people asking about his real parents, only his forster parents seeing as he was closest to them. His brother would often get jealous at how close they where. Maybe it was because he was the youngest and tried for their attention. Alex decided that he wanted to change the subject seeing as he was starting to feel a little depressed thinking about them. " So do you, play quidditch for Gryffindor?"

Kiera felt bad for asking him about his parents. She shook her head. "I thought my mother was dead until I was in my second year here." she said, knowing how bad it sucked not to have one of them. However, the sticky situation with her mother could even be considered worse. Kiera's eyes brightened as he changed the subject to Quidditch. "Oh yes. I do and I absolutely love it." she said, grinning. "I'm thinking about playing for the Holyhead Harpies after I reach the Olympics." she told him cheerfully.

" Olympics." Alex said sounding kind of puzzled." What are you going to the Olympics for?" He asked, knowing that quidditch was not in the Olympics. He then began to think how bad it would be, to think your mother was dead, when she was teaching at the very school you attended. It must have been hard for her, getting over the feeling of abandonment but that was a feeling that Alex felt, even though he wasn't abandoned.

Kiera grinned, her eyes shining like they only did when she got to talk about her gymnastics. He had asked her about the Olympics. She assumed he knew what they were. "For gymnastics. I won Nationals this past summer." she said proudly. "I have been training since I was three. I've dreamed about it ever since." she told him. "My family didn't know about magic until my older brother got his letters." Kiera said, knowing it was strange for a witch to want to be in the Olympics.

" Well congratulations, You better win." Alex said wishing her all the best for when she goes to compete. " Is being a gymnast hard?" he asked, just looking at some of the things they do, makes it look extremely painful. He began to remember back when he tried to do the splits when he was twelve and he had to go to hospital, because of a torn ligament in his leg. " Being that good must require a lot of, practice and self discipline."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back