Beating the boredom

Kiera grinned as he wished her luck. He sounded like he meant it. "Thanks. I hope I do too. I won't have much time to train after graduation." she said, slightly nervous. Kiera thought about his question for a moment. "Yeah it is. It really can be when I'm learning something new or I've been out of the gym for a while." she admitted. Since she had been doing it her whole life, it wasn't as hard as it would be to someone who started out of the blue. Kiera nodded her head in agreement with the boy's last statement. She had learned both of those at an early age.

" So what made you get into Gymnastics?" He asked, he didn't really know what made someone want to do something like that, he remembered back when he was young how he wished he was a parseltongue, which was never going to happen seeing as he wasn't a descendant of Salazar Slytherin or Harry Potter. He then reached down and scratched his leg where the mosquito had bit him earlier on, in there conversation.

Kiera shrugged her shoulders. "I was an active kid. I was always rolling and jumping since I could walk. I was trying cartwheels. My dad didn't know what to do with all of my energy." she said laughing. "It was just a natural talent I guess." Kiera said, not really sure. "What did you want to be when you were a kid?" she asked.

" Well growing up in Australia, there where always a lot of snakes and I love the little critters and because I never really talked to anyone. I wished I could be a parseltongue. I just thought it would be cool, to talk to a snake, find out what it would be like to see the world in there eyes." Alex said with a smile, it sounded kind of creepy but it was the truth. "... but then a few years later I changed my mind and was set on being a Auror."

Kiera grimaced as the boy talked about being a Parseltongue. She couldn't imagine wanting to be near the vile little creatures. "Yuck. I would prefer to stay far far away from the slithery things." she said making a face. Then she smiled. "Wow. An auror? That's very admirable." she said honestly.

" I just thought, it would be best to do what my parents done, and make them proud." Alex said as he forced a smile. He didn't like why he wanted to take the job, but it was the only memory that he had of them so he thought that it would be best to cherish it. " So your going to make a career out of quidditch, that's impressive you better remember me when you get all famous."

Kiera nodded her head at his words. She was impressed with his goals. "That's really a good way to make them proud." she said with a reassuring smile. It was a dangerous job. "If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your parents?" she said, trying to be sensitive to his feelings. Kiera laughed out loud at Alex's next statement. She flashed him a mischievous grin. "I already am famous in the muggle world, might as well be famous in the wizarding world too." she said completely joking. It was true that anyone who knew anything about gymnastics knew who she was. It was fairly often that she would get asked for an autograph. Of course, she only expected to blend in here in the wizarding world. As if the Head Girl could blend in.

" My Parent's where both Aurors and they where on a case looking for some murderous lunatic, that was able to escape from Azkaban and they where really close on getting him and yeah. The rest is fairly easy." Alex said as he looked at her. " So I'm sitting with a famous person and I didn't even know." he said letting out a little laugh.

Kiera nodded her head at Alex. It was a sad story but she did understand what happened. "I'm sorry." she said, not wanting to dwell on the topic. It was something that most tended not to want to talk about and Kiera respected that. She laughed at his second statement. "Yes, well very few people here recognize me as anything but the Head Girl these days. Not that many people here care about my gymnastics, or even know about it." she said with a shrug. Kiera didn't mind if it went unnoticed. She wasn't a fan of being fawned over.

" Well is that a good thing or a bad thing, I know if I was famous. I wouldn't really want every man and his dog to know that I was so they could harass me all the time and see if i wanted anything. I would just want to be normal and blend in with the rest of the room." Alex said as he gave it deep thought, about what he would be like if he was famous. He would probably have a lot more friends, that weren't really his friends.

Kiera nodded her head. She knew where he was coming from. She usually felt the same way. "I like it for the most part only this year is different because of all the extra pressure and responsibility." she told him, her eyes tired. "It's not terribly bad in the muggle world. I get asked for an autograph or two when I go out somewhere but not too much. Its going to get worse if I do well in the Olympics." she said, not really wanted to be crowded with fame.

" Well if that's the price you pay to do what you love, your going to have to deal with it." Alex said as he scratched his leg again in the same place as before. " Of course, it is a price every famous person, or person who wants to become famous person has to take into consideration. Most famous people are to dumb to see why people are always asking them for autographs." He said thinking about Eminems song beautiful. It was all about how he wants people to leave him alone, and just let him be a normal person.

Kiera smiled as Alex spoke. He was really right. It wasn't like Kiera could help the fame. She never asked for it. This was just something that came for the territory. "Yes, I know your right. I just wish it didn't have to be that way. I don't understand why they would be so interesting in my life." she said, just not getting it.

" Yeah I know it would be hard to get used to , all the people following you around. Wanting to know if you want them to do something for them." Alex said thinking more about the eminem song as he spoke. " So what would be the most funny thing a muggle has done, to get your attention?" Alex asked looking for a laugh.

Kiera nodded her head. "Its not that bad yet. I just get noticed when I go out. People take pictures. I rarely get followed though." she explained. "I did have a boy dress up one with my face on a shirt. It was pretty funny. He asked for a picture with me." she said laughing.

Alex couldn't help but laugh at the thought of someone dressing up with a picture of someone on there shirt. It seemed completely stupid. " Well at least you know you have fans, then." Alex said with a large smile on his face. He wouldn't mind to have people do that to him at least once in his life, it would give him a little bit of excitement. ' i wish I had the chance to be famous one day." Alex said with a smile. " It would certain ly be fun, but I don't think I would be able to deal with it after the first day."

Kiera laughed along with Alex. She nodded her head. "I suppose its better to know that I have fans. At least a few anyways." she said, knowing how bad she would feel if she didn't have any fans. She like to preform in front of a crowd but she didn't want them following her around. Kiera laughed as he said he would like to be famous. "You could invent something..." she suggested.

((Ahh! Love Channing Tatum!!))

Alex laughed at the thought of him inventing something. " Me invent something, what a joke. I struggle putting something together when I'm reading the instructions." He said with a smile. " I wouldn't mind going fighting professionally, I do a form of martial art called Muay Thai, it is Taiwanese kickboxing, one of the hardest and rigorous sports ever made." He said feeling quiet accomplished with himself for doing at least one thing in his entire life.

(( lolz. I was getting sick of having someone nobody knew.))

Kiera shook her head. Professional fighting? Kiera knew that was something that she could never do. She hated confrontation. But the martial arts part sounded cool. Kiera wasn't sure if it was the hardest in the world though. It was really opinion based. "I would like to try sometime." she said. "Just drills though. Not combat." she said shaking her head. She waited to see if he would underestimate her like so many people did. Kiera looked tiny but she was powerful. All of her weight came from muscles.

" Yeah, it's not really like that. Once you get in there they partner you up and you have to hold a pad, and the master tells you how he wants you to kick, punch or knee the bag. You can only spa the other fighters there if you choose to. There is no forced fighting." Alex said remembering his very first lesson, in which he got knocked out. He got a little bit cocky and jumped in the ring with a little guy. Little did He know he was the best in the class. " It is really good for fitness and you have to be really flexible."

Kiera nodded her head. She liked the sport better now that she knew that it wasn't a contact sport. "That sounds better. I dislike fist fighting like wrestling." she said making a face. Kiera laughed as he said you had to have really good flexibility. "Have you ever watched gymnastics?" she asked with a grin on your face. "Trust me, my flexibility is rocking." she said laughing again.

" Yeah I know, I think you would be good at it." Alex said wondering if she would be able to hold the pad up while one of the other fighters hit it full force. " You always end up with a few bruises, from the bag. They protect you but you still do feel the force of the hit." Alex said thinking about how, when he used to have to hold the bag for when the kids knee'd it it used to wind him so bad, he could hardly breath." I could teach you how to do it sometime, Ive been doing it for years now."

Kiera looked a bit worried as he talked about the bag hurting them. As a reflex, she touched her knee. She had ripped her ACL two summers ago when she fell in a competition. It was supposed to be completely healed but she still worried about it. Kiera was much tougher than she looked but she didn't want any type of injury that would keep her out of gymnastics. Bruises didn't bother her. "Bruises smoozes." she said, holding her hands out so he could see them. They were badly calloused. "This is from the uneven bars rubbing your skin off." she said grimacing. "Every sport has a price you have to pay. It comes with the territory." Kiera said trying to make him understand that she would be prepared for the costs.

Alex stood up and lifted up the left side of his white shirt to show her a massive bruise that covered his whole entire ribs and tattoo. " That's from me holding the pad, while a little Asian kid was kicking it. I know it seems weird about a little Asian kid doing this but man them little buggers have hard kicks on them." Alex said using and Australian term as he pulled his shirt back down and he sat back down. He then lifted up his hand to show her how his knuckles had been completely smashed up. " ....And that there is from accidentally missing the bad and hitting the instructors metal plate in his forehead."

Kiera was interested as she saw a tattoo on Alex's side. She knew she was supposed to be seeing bruises but all she could focus on was the tattoo. "What is your tattoo of?" she asked. The bruises didn't concern her in the least. She could deal with pain. Kiera stood up. "I want to show you something." she said, turning away from him. She walked a good way away from him so that she was certain not to run into anything. She did her competition routine. After she finished she stood up grinning. "That's my floor routine." she said as she sat back down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back