Beating the boredom

" The tattoo is of the southern cross, it is a alignment of stars, it looks really good. It is just hard to see." He stood back up and showed her the other side, where it was his brothers name." That is for my older Brother who went missing last year in the forest." Alex said as he pulled his shirt down and watched her do her performance. " Holy cow, dead set I'm not joking if you do that at the Olympics you will win for sure." He said with a giant grin. He had never seen anything like that before in his life, it was amazing.

(( Holy cow, that was awsome.))

Kiera looked at his tattoo. It was interesting to say the least. Kiera had her belly button pierced but that was the extent of it. "What happened to him?" she asked carefully. Family was a touchy subject for most people. Kiera was breathing slightly hard as sat back down. Kiera grinned at his praise. "Thanks but I promise all the other girls are just as good. I need more practice." she said with a bright smile. "I just wanted to prove I'm not as fragile as I look." she said to him.

((hehe its why I love gymnastics))

" Well, I don't really know. I was walking along near the lake and I knew he was over at near the forest and all I could hear was screaming and I ran over there just to see some creatures dragging him away. I couldn't make it to him in time. Nobody around here knows about it, seeing as I didn't talk to anyone." Alex said looking down at the ground, he blamed himself for what happened and nothing anyone else said would make him think any different. " Well you proved it." he said as he looked up forcing a smile.

Kiera listened with horror as he told her about his brother. Her jaw dropped. "Oh Alex! Thats awful!" she exclaimed. "I don't know what I would do if that was my sister or brother." she said shaking her head. "Are you sure that..." she began to ask but she just couldn't bring herself to say the word dead. She could tell Alex's smile was force. "Yes well I just wanted to make sure you knew. My dad and brother treat me as if I might break." she said with a smile. They worried too much.

" Yeah well I suppose that's what family do, they worry about you." Alex said feeling kind of sad, thinking about what it would be like to have a family that loved and cared for him. the only thing he had was spike, and she was a dog. He didn't even really pay attention to the sentence that she didn't finish, he knew it would have been something about his brother, so he chose not to hear it. Kind of like selective hearing. " It's just hard you know, sometimes I just wish i wasn't around any more, but I wouldn't do that. It is like disrespecting the memory of my family." the truth was Alex hated his life and wished it would just end like all the loved ones, which he had lost over the years.

Kiera looked, shocked at Alex. She shook her head. "Don't say that. Never wish you weren't around." she said fiercely. "Things will get better eventually. I promise." she said with sincerity. She sometimes wished her family wasn't so concerned but then she changed her mind. It was important to have your family at your side.

"I know but at the moment everything is so hard, I used to have my brother and my forster parents to talk to and now I have like no one. Other then my friends, but I don't want to burden them with all the things that are happening with my life they all have there own things to deal with." Alex unloaded, feeling some what better, but felt bad for dumping most of his issues onto Kiera. " Im sorry for dumping it all on you, your the only person I have really talked to about it."

Kiera felt sort of special as Alex said that she was the only one he had talked to this about. Kiera smiled kindly at him. "Don't worry about it. I am a great listener." she said, nicely to him. "You can count on me. I'll be your friend." she said. Kiera was very protective over her friends. Kiera was always good at taking on other peoples burdens. Many of her friends viewed her as a sister.

" Thank you." Alex said feeling some what happier now." Well on a lighter note, how the bloody hell do you jump so high?" He asked trying to change the subject and put back on his face, where everyone thought he was happy. It was sad that he had to pretend, but that was just the way that it was, he was just a sad young man trying to fit into a world filled with happiness.

Kiera smiled a heartfelt smile at Alex. She hoped he knew that she meant everything she said. Kiera laughed as he asked her how she jumped so high. She shook her head. "I guess its just practice. You pick up a lot of power as you go along." she said, grinning at Alex. "You wanna give it a go?" she teased, knowing that was impossible. She was trying to lighten the mood.

" I think the only thing I could do out of that routine would be a single backflip and even that I probably would fall flat on my face." He said standing up on one of the rocks and perfectly back flipping off and landing on his feet. " Wow even surprised myself. I reckon you should teach me some of those moves and in return I'll teach you some Muay Thai." he said liking the sound of the bargain, it would be good to be able to do some of the flips and such it would help with Muay Thai, with being able to catch an opponent off guard.

Kiera clapped her hands together as Alex did a perfect tuck. "Impressive." she said, nodding her approval. She pretended to think about his offer. She put a serious look on her face. It was all just for show. Inside she was itching to accept his offer. After a moment passed, she nodded her head. "Sounds like a wicked deal to me." she said with a bright smile. She couldn't wait to learn.

" So do you want to do it today or take a rain check on it?" Alex said not really caring of what one she chose, as long as he got to show some of the moves he had learned in the years of training he had done. It was hard and would take some time to get used to but it would be fun and now he had someone to train with which was even better.

Kiera thought for a moment. It was still early in the day and she could use the break from stressing over her NEWTs. "Okay. Lets start today then." she said decisively. "I don't have anything better to do. Plus I needed to work out today." she told him, a smile flashing across her face.

"Ok cool, what do you want to do first teach me or be taught?" He asked hoping that he would be able to teach first seeing as he loved the feeling of teaching people anything he could. But being taught wouldn't hurt either, which ever one she chose he would be happy with." how about you teach me first."

[brb X ray time.]

Kiera was about to respond to his question when he answered for her. She grinned. "Thats cool. What would you like to learn first?" she asked him, not sure what he did and didn't know. "I'm not sure if you learned any of it Muay Thai." she said uncertainly.

((Xray!? for what??))

" I don't really care it's up to you. Your the teacher." he said with a smile, it was funny how she doubted him for his ability to fight. " I know, I promise you that." He said with a smile, he stood beside her so it would be easy to copy what she does.

(( Apparently I have at least three broken ribs, from Muay Thai last night. I was complaining about it all day and yeah now I know.))

Kiera bit her lip as she thought about what she should teach him first. It was easier for boys to learn anyways since their center of gravity was in their shoulders and not hips, where the girls' was. She decided to teach him a standing full. It was a difficult move that was usually easier attached to running tumbling. However, Kiera had mastered the skill long ago.

"How about a standing full?" Kiera said grinning. "I'll demonstrate." she said, standing up. Kiera did the move with ease. "Questions before you try?" she asked, trying to freak him out. She would naturally explain more before he did it.

Alex's mouth dropped as he watched he didn't know how she expected him to be able to pull this off." Um yeah, how the bloody hell do you do that?" he asked eagar to learn. " that looks so cool."

[lame sorry.]

Kiera laughed as she got the reaction she wanted. That move was more impressive when she did it on the narrow balance beam. She grinned. "Okay well, what your going to do is jump up like this," she said demonstrating the first part of the jump, using the proper technique. "As you do that your going to pull your arms downward in this motion." she said showing him. "It will cause you to twist. But make sure you ride the jump to the top height so that it gets as high as it can. It will give you more time to flip." she explained. Kiera did the move once more before turning to him. "Think you wanna give it a shot?" she asked.

" Yeah sure." Alex said as he positioned himself, just as Kiera had said and he jumped and began to flip backwards and spin but he couldn't get it right and he landed on his stomach. He quickly pushed himself back up and brushed himself off and tried again, doing a sloppy job and landing on his feet, but then falling over. " Almost." he said with a laugh. It was way easier then it looked, but it still was a hard move to do.

Kiera watched as he attempted the move. She grinned as he almost nailed it. "Go on try again. Practice makes perfect." she encouraged him. "That was so close. I know you can do it." she said confidently. "Pull your arms a bit harder so you spin faster." Kiera said, trying to help him get the move perfect.

Alex stood in position and got ready to flip and as he jumped up he swung his arms and he flipped around and spun at the same time, landing flat on his feet and he managed to balance. " Wicked, I never thought I would be able to pull it off." He said feeling proud as punch for doing so. " What else do you reckon I could do?"

Kiera laughed as he did it perfectly. "Brilliant!" she complimented. Kiera thought for a moment about his question. This should be easier than the last move she taught him. It wasn't always easier though. "How about this?" she said before demonstrating a move. "Would you like to learn that?" she asked.

Alex watched wide eyed, he doubted that he would ever be able to accomplish this move, it looked way to hard. " Umm. Yeah I suppose I'll give it a go. It looks heaps hard." He said with a smile, he was happy that he was getting his mind off things even if it was by learning Gymnastics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back