Professor Cyndi Kingsley

Gryffindor HoH | Mother of 3

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Professor Kingsley was happy to be back. She truly was. That didn't make it easy to be back though. The school was overwhelming at the best of times, and she wasn't experiencing the best of times though the holidays had passed by as nicely as could be expected. Professor Kingsley needed a moment, however, before heading into the Great Hall for supper, so she ducked into the professor's lounge.

As the door shut behind her, silence reigned and the woman took a seat in a nearby chair. She closed her eyes, just wanting to get herself to a good place, grab her bearings, before heading to the staff table. She knew she needed to do these things, needed to get back to normal activities. Besides, she'd been out of the castle for long enough. She needed to get back to her duties as Gryffindor Head of House.

Elvera had just returned to the castle from the shop. it was dinner time and to save herself the hike to her tower and back she stopped in the professor's lounge. she would leave the box of tea she was carrying in the lounge and would pick it up after eating. She opened the door and was a little surprised to see someone was sitting there. not that it should have been a surprise to see Cyndi in the castle. She had been a fixture there for as long as she could remember. "Cyndi. It is good to see you. how was your holiday?" she asked. she knew her friend had had the last semester off but she couldn't remember what she had taken it off for.

The woman's eyes shot open, a smile crossing her face at the familiar voice. She'd known Elvera for ages and was happy she'd come back to teaching. She'd never felt quite at home with some of the professors, they'd seemed to clique up almost at arrival, making it hard to fit in with their group. Mostly, she kept to herself, one off conversations with some of them, only a few of them truly friends.

"It's always good to see you" Cyndi replied honestly. "Oh, it was quiet. We didn't host any parties this year. Thankfully. So just me, Cam, and the children" she stated easily. Her divorce from Cameron Kingsley had been quite a public one with his position and all, but they still co-parented. "And yours?"

Elvera was glad to see her old friend in the castle. "It is the same for you" she said it was always good to see her. she wasn't a person who made friends easily. or even made the first move to talk to people often but cyndi was probably one of her closest friends outside of her family. As Cyndi explained her holiday she nodded. "a quiet one sounds like a good break, I definitely don't envy you the spotlight that your family gets" she said. The news of Cyndi's divorce was not something that was a private matter. given the high publicity about the Kingsley and Weasley families, it had made its way into the papers several times. she was glad to hear that they were at least still working together to raise the children. not that she would have a similar problem. the relationship she had had with the twins' dad had been over before it had even begun and he had been gone for a long time. "My holiday was good. I got to take the girls to America for the first time and we had the holidays with my cousin. we had a small birthday celebration for them at new years, just us and morgan" she said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back