Athene sat alone on the lawn...

Athene Perthro

Athene was sitting under a tree, twiddling her wand in her fingers. It was a hot and sunny afternoon, and she didn't fancy being shut up in the library doing home work. the sun glistened on the lake. Some people said there was a giant squid in there, but Athene wasn't sure if she believed it or not. She'd never seen it.

She lay back and closed her eyes.

Anmoch was sitting tall upon his horse. Admiring the lake and recollecting when this land was owned by him and his people. However he had finally come to accept that it no longer was and that the people who ran the institution on it now were worthy enough for him.

He then spotted a young woman donning Slytherin attire and approached her. He pulled back on his horse's reigns and it stopped immediately and huffed slightly. "Greetings" he said in a cold voice to her, clearly sizing her up.

"Oh Hello," said Athene in a bored voice. "I've never talked to a ghost before." She added, truthfully. She looked up at him on his horse, and she could just make the castle through his silvery body. She wasn't entirely sure what to say. If she offended him, could he hurt her? She was pretty sure that ghosts couldn't do anything, but she held her tongue just in case.

"I'm afraid you must become used to ghosts if you are going to attend this school." Anmoch informed the young lady in his gruff voice as he settled his horse again. "If you have never spoken to a ghost, you must not have been raised in a wizarding household." he determined wearily, "What is your name?" he finally asked in a blunt manner.

Athene gave him a look of disgust.
"Don't you dare insult me! Of course I was brought up in a wizarding house hold," she snapped. "It just so happens that our house wasn't haunted."
She frowned, and added, "I'm Athene Perthro, a Slytherin first year. Who are you?"

Anmoch's horse grew uneasy and it's front legs rose and kicked in the air in furry. The horse always represented the rider's emotion and Anmoch worked hard to settle it. "Well, if you consider it an insult to be non magical I must tell you. When I lived here, 10, 000 (+) years ago there were not witches and wizards. There were people. Anybody could learn magic. Any I learned I taught myself, I made myself. If you find this difficult to swallow I might suggest you rip yourself out of the previous century which you are stuck in." Anmoch barked at her in his rage. "As per my name I lend it only to those who are worthy, and you have showed me you are far from it."

"Hpmh!" Said Athene angrily, taking to her feet. Everyone here takes offense so easily! she thought bitterly.
"Slytherins are not at all like what my parents made them out to be," she snapped. "Half of the ones i've met so far would have been better suited in Hufflepuff!" And she turned and stormed away without looking back.

(OoC: I'm sorry, but you do know your character took offense first, right? :p )

((OOC: yes, but she thought her offense was justified, and that she was behaving accordingly of a Slytherin. :) ))

Andrew walked down the lawn,the place looked nice to have a small time reading a magazine.Then he spotted the slytherin girl he had earlier met on the express."Hi"he said when he reached the place."Hi Athene"

Athene Perthro said:
"Hpmh!" Said Athene angrily, taking to her feet. Everyone here takes offense so easily! she thought bitterly.
"Slytherins are not at all like what my parents made them out to be," she snapped. "Half of the ones i've met so far would have been better suited in Hufflepuff!" And she turned and stormed away without looking back.
(((I think she left the role play :wacko:)))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back