At the Herrogard

Valcan Drage

Dark Arts practitioner | Avid reader

OOC First Name
Amanda
Wand
Olivewood 17 3/4'', core of Runespoor Fang
Valcan had gotten up rather early, sighing as he climbed out of bed after a rather comfortable night's sleep and carrying a rather satisfied smirk on his face. After a warm bath he had slipped into his rather consistent dress of well tailored robes for work, as he had to be extremely presentable. Taking care not to wake up Sarah, he decided to stretch his legs and walk the long distance from his upper level bedroom to the dining hall, figuring that Apparating in his own home deprived him of exercise. He had always taken care to be at a healthy fitness, in any case.

Ordering breakfast of Persephone, he took his seat of status at the head of the table, scanning the local issue of newspaper with squinted golden eyes, finding no interest whatsoever in the articles. Useless fodder, as to be expected.

As he waited, he found his mind wandering to the oncoming summer; and of what was going to occur then with his granddaughter and great niece. He had much more planned for this break, of course; much more.

Sarah felt Valcan rise from their bed and move to the bathroom to dress. She turned over from where she was to put her face into his pillow and inhale his scent that remained there. She fell back alseep for a bit, waking again when she heard the door shut quietly behind him as he headed down for breakfast.

Slowly, she stretched her body and rose from the bed. She filled the bathtub for herself, and took a quick bath. She dressed casually, not really planning on leaving the Herrogard today. As she finished with brushing her hair and readying herself, she headed out into the bedroom she shared with Valcan and exited to the hallway. Not relishing the long walk to the dining room, she quickly apparated to the hall outside, landing with a pop.

Sarah slowly opened the door to the room and entered, closing it softly behind her. She crossed the room to where Valcan was sitting with the paper, stroking his cheek with her hand before kissing him fully on the lips as was their usual custom. "Morning darling," she whispered as she pulled back, taking her seat in the chair to his left.

Valcan smirked as Sarah entered the room, his golden eyes following her as she approached him, a rare smile forming on his thin lips as her lips touched his, and after returning the kiss, he watched as she moved to her seat, the left, no less, a seat that he had seen used by his own mother, and his two deceased wives, Helena and then Iduna. Sarah was not his wife, but seeing as no one else was around it was rather fitting.

"Good morning," he replied in a deep tone, his eyes gleaming as he looked to her. "Persephone should be here with breakfast any moment now." He turned the paper over to read the back, finding nothing interesting to read. Nothing noteworthy seemed to be going on in the world these days; hopefully over the years that could be changed.

"Did you sleep well?" he inquired, wishing he had something to drink at the moment. Persephone was taking longer than usual today. He might have to reprimand her for it.

"I slept very well, thank you. You?" Sarah looked at Valcan, realizing the previous nights activities have left her famished. "Have you ordered the usual for me or will Persephone need to prepare my breakfast after yours?" She looked over at the newspaper discarded on the table and assumed that nothing newsworthy was inside. She knew that Valcan would still be reading it if there was.

"I slept well," Valcan replied, looking to Sarah. "Yes, Persephone should be bringing up the usual." He smiled, rapping his fingers on the table as he waited for the unusually slow house elf.

Persephone was becoming frantic as the other house elves were lagging slow this morning; at least, the one that was cooking. "Hurry up, you dolt! The master does not like to be kept waiting!" she hissed as she tapped her foot, watching as the others worked hastily, seeming to make up for their slowness.

Her bulbous eyes flashing in worry as she took the plates of breakfast, she regained her composure, her expression one of extreme politeness as she disapparated upstairs, quickly placing the plates in front of her Master and Sarah, she disapparated without another word, tearing at the small amount of hair she had as the new cook was loafing about, grabbing the glasses out of his hands and pouring the glasses of juice herself.

Spilling some on the stone floor, she disapparated back to the dining hall, placing the glasses of juice next to the two dining.

"Will you be needing anything more, Master?" she inquired, looking between the two, a bit of worry creeping into her eyes.

Valcan frowned as Persephone arrived with breakfast, her bulbous eyes having reflected that she had been harried, despite the calm demeanor that she put forth. "No, we will not be needing anything of that matter." He figured that Sarah could call her back if she truly needed anything.

"What took you so long?" he inquired, used to his house elves being fast and efficient. A disturbance in the system was something that never pleased him.

Persephone knew better than to shake in her spot, looking up to her Master. He had always been decent, but she did not want to see his bad side turned on her. Looking to the ground, she stood still, her hands held behind her back primly.

"We had a different cook this morning- Dimitri. He's young. Penelope has not been feeling well." She knew that this was not a good excuse for the older house elf to be skirting on her job, but she also had health in mind.

Valcan frowned at this admission of Persephone's, his golden eyes blank as they trailed down to her. "Tell Dimitri of my displeasure," he started, his tone deep yet soft, "And that if it happens again I will be dealing with him personally."

He turned to his food, not finding the eggs entirely to his liking but he figured that he would deal with it. Looking back to Persephone after a glance to Sarah, he added, "And I want Penelope back in the kitchens as soon as possible. And she can at least take the time to teach Dimitri how to cook if this ever comes up again."

Persephone gave a low bow, both to Sarah and to Valcan. "I will attend to that matter right away, Master." Without another word, she disapparated to the kitchens to carry out the orders she had been given.

Valcan turned to his less than satisfactory breakfast, turning to Sarah with a light smile. "So, where were we?" he inquired, smirking.

Sarah looked to the plate that was served to her, muttering a small thank you to the elf. She knew better than to challenge Valcan in the way he ran his home. She grimaced as she realized that the omlet in front of her was not perfect as normal, but she figured that the elves were in enough trouble for the day. Picking up her fork, she took a bite of the cheesy ham and salsa creation before her. It may not have looked the best, but it was rather tasty.

Her gaze met Valcan's as he asked her his question. She smiled and replied, "Not sure, but I know where I wish we were." Sarah grasped his left hand in her right and winked at him.

Valcan's eyes glowed as he smirked to Sarah, pushing his rubbery eggs to the side of his plate. At least to him, they were rubbery. He always had been picky at his meals, used to the utmost perfection.

He squeezed her hand back, murmuring quietly, "I can afford to be late for work."

Sarah pushed aside her plate as well, not being too hungry at the moment for food. She stood, walking over to Valcan and sitting across his lap, her bottom on his right thigh. Quickly, she placed her left hand around the back of his head and tangled her fingers in his silky hair. Pulling his face to hers, she kissed him solidly on the lips. Her right hand was on his massive chest, playing with his robes.

Valcan's golden eyes gleamed as Sarah moved to him, placing his hand softly on her shoulder and kissing her gently on the lips. Enthusiastic, he picked her up, setting her down on the table and pushing the plate aside, his hands tangling in her hair.

As Valcan sat Sarah on the table, continuing the kiss, she tangled her hands in his hair. She really was not paying attention to anything else going on in the room, or anyone who entered behind them.

Despite having moved into Blackthorn Estate Tristan's somber mood had not improved, figuring that he would talk to his father for a bit upon returning to the Herrogard for a short visit. Figuring he would be in the dining hall, he apparated inside, groaning loudly as he viewed a sight he did not see; his father and Sarah kissing like lovestruck teenagers. He turned his back on them, shaking his head as he started to walk out.

Sarah returned to reality when she heard the pop of apparation into the room. At first, she thought it was just an elf, but then realized with the groan that it was a human. And a family member by the way they chose to show up in the dining room. Breaking the kiss, she looked up to see the back of Tristan as he made his way from the room shaking his head. "Darling, looks like we have a visitor," she whispered softly, kissing him gently one more time on the lips before their moment was officially over. She poised to sit up as soon as Valcan moved to greet his son.

Valcan had been too busy to acknowledge the pop of apparation, but the groan he knew all too well. Nodding at Sarah, he let go of her gently, turning to look at the back of his son.

"Tristan!" he barked demandingly, not nicely at all, as he had been interrupted. "What brings you here at such an hour?" His golden eyes gleamed in annoyance, trained on his eldest son.

Tristan swung around, turning to glance at his father. An amused smirk etching at the corners of his thin lips, he stated, "Why, Far, I only came to converse." Glancing at the woman in the room, he continued, "If I had known the dining hall had become a private adobe I promise you I would have come through the front door."

Pulling a strand of dark hair out of his face, he grinned broadly, his chiseled arms falling to his sides. "And by the way, good morning."

Sarah glared at Tristan, annoyed with the way he spoke to his father and annoyed with being interrupted. "Maybe you should just plan on using the front door from now on," she spoke softly but haughtily, just loud enough to be heard within the room. "You never know what may be... occurring." She gave Tristan a snide look, alluding to exactly what he would possibly walk in on if he didn't follow proper etiquette from now on. She smirked and then continued. "Unless, you like to walk in on that kind of thing." She hopped down off of the massive table, and returned to her chair. She knew that Tristan's mother had sat in that seat, but as Valcan's wife. Picking up her coffee mug, she took a drink, daring Tristan to contradict her.

Tristan smirked as Sarah retorted sassily, shaking his head and retorting quickly, "It wouldn't be the first time." He made a slight gagging noise. "You two definitely do not seem to be, discreet about it."

He watched as Sarah sat in the seat that his mother had sat in, and later Iduna, his stepmother, narrowing his eyes at her. "And in any case, no, that is rather disgusting to impose."

Sarah sat her coffee down, she narrowed her eyes at Tristan. "Why should we be discrete when we are the only ones here? Wizarding manners do not allow for apparation into anyone's home without knowledge of the visit. Why is it that you feel you do not have to follow protocol when entering this home?" She slowly stood again, crossing to Valcan and wrapping her arms around his waist, molding her body to his left side. She turned her face upwards, smiling softly at her love.

Tristan snorted quietly as he took a seat at the table, giving Sarah an amused glance. "Well, I did live here for what, twenty some odd years?" Deciding to stop his immature bickering and push it aside, he looked to his father, his lips twisted in a smirk.

"What exactly, do you plan, Far, when the girls arrive?" He glanced at Sarah notably, his ice blue eyes trailing back to his father questioningly. He of course couldn't talk about certain matters of business with his father around the man's lover. She was clueless, as far as he knew.

Valcan placed his hand around Sarah's waist, narrowing his golden eyes at his son. Figuring that Sarah had said enough, Valcan decided to skirt away from snapping at Tristan's smart aleck comments and come around to his question.

Dolt. He should know better than to ask such things. Unless he is trying to get somewhere with this.

"Please elaborate on your inquiry," he stated simply, "Both of them are arriving as planned. I have even arranged for someone to pick them up from the station."

His chiseled jaw was taut as he glared at Tristan, wondering what exactly was going on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back