Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
too young to care
Wand
Straight 12 Inch Unyielding Larch Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Despite the fact he couldn't hear anything in the hall, the place was busy and dark, and he wanted some fresh air. He took Zerrin's last note and held his gaze for a moment before motioning and walking out of the hall, moving to the courtyard where there weren't people hanging around. He looked back to see if Zerrin was following. "I wanted to be your friend, but I'm..." he started before pausing, unable to find the words. He just sighed. "I'm not a good friend, people always get bored of me,"

Zerrin followed after Gregory as the boy motioned for him to, feeling like they were finally making some progress. He listened to Gregory, scribbling out a new note and offering it out. Gregory, I've been chasing you down for years, trying to respect your boundaries but still not walking away. We got into a huge fight and yet I still went home and took sign language lessons without you confirming what I already knew and without knowing if we'd even speak again. What do I have to do to prove my loyalty to you?

Gregory had to wait for him to finish writing the note and then looked at it, and back at him. He knew this was what Zerrin was saying, and knew in part he had isolated himself a lot, but too, during some of the worst of it with Cassius before his hearing, it wasn't like Zerrin had been around. Or he just hadn't noticed. "I never asked you to do that. I don't...I don't need a mother hen, trying to always make everything better, I just need a friend...whose there," he said holding his gaze. "I also know I haven't made it easy, but every other friend always eventually got annoyed with having to do so much for me, for having to always be there for me, that they would eventually yell at me and leave,"

Zerrin listened to Gregory, thinking about what he said before scribbling a new, longer note reflecting his frustration. It's hard to be there when I can't even get you to talk to me without you going on rants about how alone you are and how no one cares. There's only so much I can do- I can't FORCE you to spend time with me, and you can't expect me to trail after you like a lost puppy when you make it clear almost every time we talk that you don't want me around. I'm sorry, I really am, if I wasn't around enough. It's just- its HARD trying to figure out what the boundaries are when I've put all the effort into whatever it is we have. Can you tell me any instance in which you sought me out? Any time when I haven't been the one trying to reach out?

Gregory had to wait for the response, but he knew that Zerrin was mad. A part of him, feared that the boy was about to hit him. That he would just lash out because it was all he deserved. He read the note and then glanced back up at him. He wished that they could just talk, that they would just talk back and forth. He motioned for the pen, and when given, he tried to form the words to reply. He tried to find the right things to say to him, but his eyes just welled in frustration and he just wrote before shoving the note back at him.

You're a good friend, I'm sorry that I kept pushing you away. I'm sorry that I never reached out - I always wanted to, but could never find the courage, or I didn't look hard enough. Someone's been picking on me since like day 1, and I think it's made harder for me to....trust...I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I just need someone now...more than before...the world is just silent...I'm so scared all of the time. I miss hearing your music..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back