Old School Week Art and Arias

The Blue Lady

5th Floor Portrait 🖼️ You get the Picture

OOC First Name
Kris
Summer was always Blue's favourite, even if a chunk of it was spent in silence with the school empty for the holiday break. She enjoyed the longer days and lingering sun in the evening, the light hitting her hallway just so. Enjoying the warmth of the late afternoon, Blue had leant against her frame, humming and singing softly to herself. It was an old song she couldn't even remember half the words too, let alone the name of or where she'd heard it, but even half-mumbled, she enjoyed it.

Though she had been at Hogwarts for months now, Hester didn't think she would ever be used to living in a world of real magic. Every day she felt like she found new things out, and one of her favourite discoveries had been that the paintings here could talk. It didn't get much more exciting than that, and Hester had taken about every opportunity she could get to chat to them. So when she spotted a painting singing to herself she made a beeline for it, peering at the pretty lady in the painting curiously. "Hi."

Despite how much Landon enjoyed the outdoors, the Herbology professor did also like roaming the corridors inside the castle. With the semester coming to an end and students preparing for their second semester, Landon figured it would be a good idea to do just that. As he walked along the fifth floor he noticed a small girl looking curiously at one of the paintings hanging on the wall. Landon didn't speak to the paintings much, mostly because he spent most of his time outside, and chuckled to himself as he watched her stare at it. He made her way over there and stood in front of the painting for a second before realising what it was. "The Blue Lady! What a pleasure!" he exclaimed, beaming at her. He then turned to the first year. "What a wondrous thing paintings are, and what a beautiful tune she hums. Do you talk to the paintings regularly?"

Blue had been quite lost in her own world, when she heard a voice down closer to the bottom of her frame, stopping her singing abruptly. They were joined shortly by Professor Carter and Blue felt her painted cheeks flush darker at his compliments, sitting up straighter. "Oh, oh well hello to you both," She said, glancing down fondly at the younger student Professor Carter had been addressing. "I'm a touch embarrassed I admit, I don't even know the song's name, let alone the words right now, but it's been stuck in my head all afternoon."

Hester was too caught up in watching the painting to realise she was being watched herself, jumping in surprise at the sound of the Herbology professor's voice. She looked up at him, nodding curiously. "I never saw talking paintings before coming here." She commented, peering up at the lady again as she spoke. Hester perked up a little as she talked about the song, excited to talk to a painting about music. "Can you sing it again? I might know it!" She said hopefully, wondering what kind of songs a painting would know.

Landon smiled at the young girl as she said she had never seen talking paintings before coming to Hogwarts. "Oh, excellent! A muggle-born I assume? I myself am a muggle-born! The wizarding world is just full of so many surprises isn't it?" Landon told her, always excited to meet fellow muggle-borns like himself. "I apologise for embarrassing you, but yes, please hum it again!" Landon didn't want the paintings in the castle to dislike him and so thought apologising would hopefully prevent that from happening. He waited to see if The Blue Lady would sing again.

Blue leant down some in her frame, getting a little closer to the young girl. "If it makes you feel any better, non-talking portraits would be very strange for me to see," She told her conspiratorially, smiling at Professor Carter's bright enthusiasm too. She couldn't help but feel a bit flushed as the pair insisted she sing again though, hoping her paint wasn't turning obviously pink. "Oh, well if you insist," She said, half-humming and singing the melody stuck in her head for them.

Hester grinned at the professor's enthusiasm, though she found him a bit confusing. "People keep calling me that, but I don't really get what it means." She explained, giving a small shrug. She giggled at the painting's comment about non moving paintings, nodding. It'd be pretty weird to see a person who didn't move or talk, she supposed. She nodded quickly when the painting agreed to sing the song again, listening carefully. "Hmmm... I don't recognise it." She said slowly, mentally comparing the tune to ones she was familiar with. "Sorry..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back