OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Well, this is our second of many 'Weekly Updates'. I've decided that I'll post these on Sundays, instead of Tuesdays as it will be easier for my time frame. :)
So, let's get to the changes that happened in the past little while. :)

Site Coding:
A new code was added to HNZ this past week which will automatically resize pictures that are too large in posts, preventing stretching in pages. It also provides a link to the full sized image.
Example:
butterfly2_large.jpg

Character of the Fortnight:
Well, I received a question about this after the last weekly update and I told the member who asked that I would address it in this update.
I found it very time consuming to go through bio after bio, relationship thread after relationship thread and character development after character development (with or without help) to usually turn up empty. Many characters on this site are well developed, but it's the biographies that we use to judge that for the Character of the Fortnight. So, when biographies have more to them than the barest of bones I hope to have this return. :)
Battle of the Boards:
HNZ won the semi-finals of the Battle of the Boards! We had 46 votes, 18 more than our nearest competition.
We will be moving in to the finals which will open sometime tomorrow (Monday the second of February [for most of us ;) ]). Keep looking in this thread for more updates on the Battle of the Boards. :)
Rule Change:
This past week I updated a rule that Cecily and I have been discussing changing for a little bit. Formerly there was a rule against advertising other Harry Potter RPGs. Now that rule has been altered to read:
The Updated Rule said:
You may not advertise any other forum website on HNZ unless they are affiliated to this board.
This, we believe, is in fairness to our affiliates. ;)
Suggestions:
We take great care when reading and implementing member suggestions. This week we received several more suggestions for the board, all of which we are thankful for. Two of these suggestions were added, they are:
[ol][li]Search [Temporary until ZetaBoards search is working] [ul][li]There is a 'Find Stuff' link in the submenu which will take you to a custom Google search page.[/li][/ul]</LI>
[li]Fan Fictions Forum [ul][li]A Fan Fictions forum was opened on a trial basis here. Special rules are posted in that forum along with more of an explanation about it. :) [/li][/ul][/li][/ol]

Trivia Contest:
With my being out of town (in Toronto) going to a conference/workshop the Trivia Contest was delayed a few more days. However question #3 is currently posted and everybody is welcomed to take a guess at the answer! :D
Graphics Competition #8 :
The eighth Graphics Competition opened in this thread today. :) Please take time to check it out and maybe even enter it. :D
OOC Superlatives Forum Closing:
Some time this week the OOC Superlatives forum will be hidden once more. Say your final thanks. Congratulate nominees and winners. Winners save your signature banners. Take one last look.
Obsidian Harbour Closed to Students:
Obsidian Harbour was closed off to students today. You may complete sales with shopkeepers over PM if need be, or wait until it re-opens. :) There are no repercussions for unbought school supplies. ;)
In the Coming Weeks:
[ul][li]The final round of the Battle of the Boards.
[li]The Halloween Feast
[li]The end of the eighth Graphics Competition
[li]A scary Death Eater plot. :ph43r:
[li]A little student mayhem
[li]More updates
<LI>[li]More Nick! (Suffer!)[/li][/ul]

Keep tuning in and checking up!

There you have it,
~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Admin Team)

Status
Not open for further replies.