Another Garden Stroll

Wednesday Hardley

Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Griffin Feather
Wednesday was really just glad to get out of the Forbidden forest. Not that it was beautiful in it's own way. After all the trees would probably look lovely some time of day just Wednesday wasn't sure what type of day that was quite yet. Even though it wasn't her favourite spot, she would return to the forest some later date. As of now she was much happier walking towards the most beautiful spot in the school, in her opinion at least, the gardens. To make things better she had Sern at her side walking with her.

Yet the words of his cousin rang through her head. love birds The thought even made Wednesday want to blush. Maybe it was that obvious? Maybe she was the only oblivious one. "I swear I spend fifty percent of my time in this garden" She said still smiling brightly

Sern was happy she hadn't brought up the gash along his back that she had probably seen. It wasnt that bad...It just needed time to heal...Didn't it? He walked along to the steady beat of his heart and all worry's seemed to fade away as he looked out over the lush gardens. He could see why she loved them so much.

When she said about spending half of her time her he gave a chuckle, "Thats not exactly a bad thing is it?" he noted with the faint smile on his face.

Wednesday peered over at him for a moment before looking at the flowers that surrounded them. All the flowers just seemed to multiply, to change, every time she wondered into the gardens. "No I never said it was a bad thing" She said letting out a small laugh. "I was just pointing out" She added thinking how she basically came out here to do her assignments sitting on that stone bench and when she needed to think she usually came here as well as when she just wanted to relax. This was like her place.

"So" She said not knowing if she wanted to bring up everything in the forest but knowing it was going to have to be brought up soon or a later. Just a bit later Wednesday thought. "Does your cousin follow you normally just to annoy you or is she just protective?" Wednesday asked flashing him a small smile. Wednesday wondered what it would be like to have a cousin in Hogwarts. All her cousins were supposed to be muggles.

Sern's smile grew slightly as she said she was just pointing out. He looked out over the ever multiplying flowers and such for a moment before she said about his cousin. "Yeh pretty much..."
He took a long moment before continuing, "She thinks I get myself into to much trouble....probably true to." He said rolling his shoulders again as he felt a line of pain flare across his back and gave a slight wince. Though he straitened himself and gave her a smile.

Wednesday wondered if it bothered Sern that his cousin decided to keep a watchful eye. "Well if it prevents you from getting in trouble" Wednesday said rolling her eyes in a playful manner. Though out of the corner of Wednesday's eye she could see him wince slightly. He's a good actor though She thought knowing that the topic of what really happened wasn't going to be put down much longer.

"Now do I have to take you up to the hospital wing or are you going to tell me what happened?" Wednesday asked her tone casual though she wondered if he was really going to tell her.

"Wolves.." He said simply keeping his cool tone as usual though his mind was racing. He HATED hospitals. Perhaps even afraid of them though there was no way he was telling anyone that. He turned to look at her and see her reaction.

"Wolves" Wednesday repeated as her eyes looked over him for a moment. "Were you in the forest and they just came out or were you... Oh I don't know" Wednesday said not sure how she wanted to phase what she had to say. How could you discuss something like this?

"Then my question poses again are you ok? I mean really ok?" She asked running her one hand through her hair watching a few pieces falling into her face.

"I tried to save a girl who walked into a pack of wolves in the forest" He took a moment to pause before continuing, "then things got complicated, I got angry and stayed out in the forest for the rest of the night and part of the day."

His smile had faded away though he showed no pain or sorrow. He just looked at her for another moment before replying to her next question, "Well I cant see it now can I?" He almost gave a chuckle.
"If you really wanted to have a look I spose you could but..." He didn't really think Wednesday looking at his wound would help things much.

As Sern told her about the girl and the wolves she couldn't believe but smile not for the situation was probably awful but it was nice that he tried to save the girl. "You are such a gryffindor" She said smiling at him. "So brave" She added

Yet when he said that he couldn't see it, she rolled her eyes. "Obviously you can't see it" Wednesday said though she wasn't exactly sure if she wanted to see it. After all she had noticed it in the forest and it looked bad enough then. "The nurse could probably heal you in an instant" Wednesday suggested once more.

He forced himself not to blush as she called him brave and replied, "...Not really I just thought it was better then watching wolves eat a kid?" Which was partly true. He had an instinct to hate dogs, being as close to tigers as he was. Though he suppressed it enough to make friend with most dogs.

Then she mentioned a nurse and he froze again and slowly and coldly replied, "I....hate...hospitals.."

Wednesday's smile grew. "You are brave though it was nice that you didn't let a kid get eatten" She said laughing a bit though she knew it was a serious matter. Yet she was a bit taken back by his cold tone when she mentioned the nurse once more. "Ok...Ok then no nurse" Wednesday said

"As long as you are ok" Wednesday said again. That was what she really cared about. "We can have just a peaceful walk in the gardens" She said looking over wishing she wasn't so squimish with blood and such.

He looked at her for another minute before saying, "Sorry...I didnt mean to be so cold...I just don't like hospitals." He took a sigh before he looked at her again and said, "also a girl cleaned up the blood so it should be fine to heal." He gave her a wane smile before taking her hand again and saying. "I think being out here with you would work much better then anything any nurse could say anyway" He lent in and gave her a kiss on the cheek for the second time. This is becoming a habit of mine He said almost laughing mentally to himself.

Wednesday shrugged as Sern said he was sorry. "That's fine. Everyone has to hate some place. I hate going to forest as of now" She said smiling slightly. Though she was glad that someone had cleaned up the blood. Yet it still hurt which wasn't a good sign.

Squeezing his hand gently a smile clearly on her face. "Well if our time together will help you then I guess we will just have to spend more time together" She said her voice happy. Though as he lent over and kissed her one the cheek, her cheeks blushed slightly. God I usually never blush she thought though it didn't bother her.

"I suppose we must" He said another smile crossing his face. "You wouldn't happen to be gossiping about me to the other girls would you?" He said with a playful look, He had heard that she was talking about him in the common room and such.

Wednesday smiled though when he mentioned about gossiping about him with other girls, her cheeks turned pink slightly. "I wouldn't call it gossiping" She said looking over at him. "I just wanted a bit of advice" She said hoping that he didn't mind.

"Who said something?" Wednesday asked.

"of course I don't" he gave a slight chuckle before saying, "Just as long as you dont say im someone im not" He took in the smell of the garden and cleared his lungs once more, this was good.

"People" He said sneakily as she asked who had told him.

Wednesday could never describe Sern as anyone but who he was though she could totally talk about how.... with that thought of what she had said Sern wondered what Sern had heard. Though of coarse he had to be mysterious and say that people told him and not give her a single name.

"Oh come on who told you and what did you hear?" Wednesday asked pushing a piece of her hair behind one ear.

"People" He repeated as his smile widened then said, "And there was something about a make-over party?" He loved teasing people with details, humans were such a curious lot.

"You're so difficult" Wednesday teased as she nudged him playfully. Though once he mentioned the make over party, she understood. "Arisa" She said a hint of question to her tone. That was the only other person she would have thought about the make up party.

Though Wednesday still couldn't help but be curious as to what he knew. Her thoughts swirled back to what she had said about. Nothing bad of coarse but still she wondered. "Well just to let you know I didn't say anything bad quite the opposite actually" She said a smile clearly on her face.

"I know" he said in his usual tone then looked at her and said, "What advise did you need though?" He asked curiously. His heart beat was stead, the wind was calm and the flowers swayed gently. Even his back didn't seem to pain him as much and he spent less and less time thinking about it and more and more time thinking about Wednesday.

Wednesday was tempted to be just as difficult as he was when he asked her a question. "Well advice about" Wednesday paused looking over at him for a minute not knowing if she should even mention it. "Well I mean I needed advice about us" She added smiling slightly.

What a dumb thing to say Wednesday thought.

Sern gave a smile when she said about asking advise about them then after a a few moments walking,
"You need advise from other on how you think and feel?" He asked her. He wants criticizing though he thought it was better to go on your own feelings and your own instinct and thought then someone else .

Wednesday thought that she probably should have just acted how she thought and felt but it was nice to ask others as well. "I guess I just wanted to get someone elses perpective. After all you boys are so confusing" Wednesday added the last part joking of coarse. Though really she meant it. Boys did seem so confusing.

"What you don't ever ask advice?" Wednesday asked.

"I never realized" He said as she noted about boys being so confusing. Then again, most people found Sern confusing.

"What would I need advise for?" He asked sincerely. He had never been in a problem that he couldent solve himself so never really had to asked for advise.

Wednesday rolled her eyes. "Well you should realize" She teased slightly though she did have to wonder why he out of all the boys had to be so confusing. When he asked why he would need advice, she wondered if he had figured everything else. "Well then mr. Know it all" Wednesday said "What do you think about us?" She asked wondering if he would be able to answer that or if he would pass off the question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back