Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi (Flynn)
Wand
Curly 14 1/2 Inch Unyielding Cypress Wand with Veela Hair Core
Open after Katie posts with Aisling

One of the first things Ivy had looked for once she had a moment of free time was the library at Hogwarts. Her dad had told her it would be filled with more books than she could imagine, and she had been so excited to see all the different things she could learn there. The moment she stepped inside it, after looking for it for quite some time, Ivy knew that nothing she had imagined was even close. It was huge. And there were so many different shelves. Ivy was filled with an overwhelming urge to start grabbing books from all shelves, wanting to learn everything at once. But she knew she had to be smart about it. Anything too basic she probably already knew, and anything too advanced would be too difficult for her to grasp. To start, Ivy started wandering around to see all the different subjects the shelves held. She wasn't going to take any books out yet, she had to make a plan first. But even as she simply walked between the shelves, Ivy couldn't suppress her huge grin. This was definitely going to be one of her favorite spots at Hogwarts.

The library was quite a calming place Aisling decided as she looked around all of shelves. After waking up and shaving breakfast, the first thing she had done was ask someone where the library was. She honestly didn’t know what to make of the girls in her dorm at this point. Hopefully, they’d start getting along better the further the year went on, but at the moment Aisling had decided that she really needed some headspace and maybe a good book or two.
As she wondered around the shelves, she noticed another girl browsing the same aisle who looked to be the same year as her. Aisling wondered whether she should go over and introduce herself. She grabbed the book she had been looking at and made her way further down the aisle to greet her. “Hello,” she said, smiling. “This library is fantastic, isn’t it?” Hesitating, she stuck out her arm. “I’m Aisling.”

Ivy was trying to read all the titles on all the spines , but it was quickly becoming clear that that was impossible. But because Ivy was so focused on all the books around her, she nearly missed the girl walking through the aisle. She looked faintly familiar, and as she introduced herself, Ivy grinned at her. "Hi." She said, waving. "You're a first year too, right?" She asked her, glancing at the books again. "It is really amazing... I want to read all the books here." She said, knowing her dad would expect her to study a lot, and she wanted nothing more than to make him proud. She turned her attention back to the girl. "I'm Ivy. You're not in Gryffindor." She told the girl, shaking her hand.

Aisling smiled, happy to meet someone who was likeminded. “I know, right, I think I’m going to be in here constantly this year,” she chuckled softly. “And yes, I’m a first year. I think I may of saw you at the Sorting Ceremony?” She said, biting her lip, trying to think back. There had been lots of people and to be honest, it was all a bit of a blur, but the girl did look familiar. “Yep, I’m in Ravenclaw. How are you finding it in Gryffindor?” Aisling drew her focus away from Ivy and looked at the books she was examining. “Oh, these look interesting. What classes are you looking forward too?”

Rosemarie had a clear plan of what she wanted to learn while being at Hogwarts. Herbology was high on her list and she definitely wasn’t going to wait for her classes to begin. She had heard there was this holy grail of herbology books and Rosemarie was sure she could find it in this library. The book was far above her knowledge of herbology, but she was planning to read it every night until she understood every letter and sentence in the book. That book was Goshawk's Guide to Herbology and she was hoping the Hogwarts library carried a copy of said book. It wasn't illegal for a student to borrow a book that wasn't used in their own year, so Rosemarie literally saw no evil in getting it. Rosemarie never went anywhere with a pot of something with her. Flowers calmed her and made her feel safe. She grabbed a pot of marigolds and walked to the library.

As soon as she arrived at the library she spotted two girls that were in her year. Maybe they could help her finding the Goshawk's Guide to Herbology. Rosemarie knew that the third years used it in Herbology class, but there was no way she was going to wait that long. She had no clue how this library worked, because there didn't seem to be a system to how the books were placed. ''Hello'' Rosemarie looked at the two girls who already seemed mid conversation. ''I am sorry to bother you two, but I am looking for this book and I can't find it for the life of me.'' Rosemarie paused ''I would normally fill the title and author in the computer and then I would know where the book was placed, but there doesn't seem to be any of that here either.'' Now Rosemarie actually thought about it, she hadn't seen any computers around. Electricity didn't seem to work here, Eros was right.

Ivy grinned at the girl she was talking to as she said she would be in here constantly. "Well, then I'm sure we'll be library buddies." She said brightly. "I bet I'll be here even more than you." Even now, Ivy couldn't resist being a bit competitive. "There were a lot of first years there, I'm surprised if you noticed me." She told her honestly. "Gryffindor is alright. Bit rowdy, but fun. The tower has an amazing view. Did you know Slytherins are in the dungeons? That must be terrible." She thought of Brooke, almost feeling bad for her. "But anyway, how is Ravenclaw tower?" She then glanced over at the books again, smiling. "I'm looking forward to everything, but mostly the practical ones. My dad signed me up for tutoring before Hogwarts, so I know a lot of the theory already." She said easily. Ivy turned her head as another girl approached. "Oh." She said, tilting her head a little. Who was this girl, already looking for specific books? Ivy wondered if she would be an academic competitor. But what she said about a computer made Ivy at least certain that she had no advantage over her just yet, she clearly came from a muggle background. "Books are in sections in the library, as far as I can tell. Then by alphabetical order by author." She said, which she had guessed from what she had seen of the library so far. "What book are you looking for?"

Rosemarie had apparently been looking at the wrong section of the library for the book she wanted to go read. The girl seemed to already know a lot about the library and Rosemarie wondered how she did it. Maybe she had outside help, like a sister or brother that already went to Hogwarts. ‘’I maybe should go look at the third-year section then’’ Rosemarie paused ‘’If that is even a thing’’ Rosemarie was still clueless, were they sectioned in year or by subject. The girl asked what book she was looking for and Rosemarie wondered if it would be weird telling someone you were searching for a higher-level book. It was innocent enough; it wasn’t like she was searching for the holy grail of dark spells. ‘’I am searching for Goshawk's Guide to Herbology.’’ Rosemarie held up her pot of marigolds, so it took emphasize on her loving herbology and not looking like some over studious person. Which she probably was when it came to herbology. Rosemarie was curious how this girl already seemed to know a lot of about the Library so she decided to make herself acquainted with her. ''I am Rosemarie by the way'' Rosemarie said while holding her pot of marigolds closer to her body. The pot always gave her some sense of safety.

Aisling smiled. She was looking forward to some friendly competition. “We’ll see about that,” she said, tucking a stray piece of hair behind her ear. “Oh that’s cool! Ravenclaw has fabulous views as well. I love it. I wouldn’t want to be in the dungeons though, that sounds terrible.” She listened as Ivy asked about Ravenclaw. “Well, it’s pretty good. Some of the people are taking a bit of time to warm up, but a couple of my dormmates are really nice! And I love the common room, it’s really cosy.” Aisling smiled slightly. “I haven’t been to tutoring but I’ve been reading all of my school books and I’ve gotten a few extra to study. I’m really looking forward to classes starting!”
She smiled warmly at the girl and looked curiously at the plant she was holding. It was very nice but she wondered why the girl was carrying it around.“Hello,” she said warmly. “Have you found the herbology section? Maybe we can help you?”

Ivy sighed. "Some of my roommates aren't very nice. One is pretty aggressive." She said, but she shrugged. "Insecure, I think." She said lightly. "Our common room is really cozy too." Ivy felt a bit better knowing this girl hadn't been tutored, which meant she still had the advantage. But she nodded in approval as she said she had been reading school books and studying. She could appreciate that. Ivy didn't know how she had missed the new girl was carrying a plant, but spotting it raised a lot of questions in her mind. "Why do you just take that with you to the library?" She asked, pointing at it. It seemed random to just carry around a flower. "And yes, obviously, if you need an Herbology book... you look for books on Herbology grouped together." She told the girl, glancing at Aisling to see if she found that as obvious as her. "There's also librarians to help out." She pointed out. "Though I bet we could find it. Why do you want to read it?" She asked, wondering if reading that same book would give her some sort of advantage she was unaware of.

Rosemarie hadn't thought of there being a herbology section, she couldn't find a system in all the books and thus she just assumed there was some magical way of searching for the right one. ‘’I haven’t not and that would be lovely.’’ Rosemarie smiled broadly. When the other girl asked about the plants Rosemarie wanted to answer why not, why wouldn’t she bring a plant she was allowed to do so. Instead she was just going with a short explanation that was close to the truth. ‘’I just like to be around plants, they make me feel safe’’ Rose shrugged it off, it wasn’t like the plants whispered her answers or told her what to do. She just felt safe and calm with them. She hadn’t spotted a librarian and had not looked for it hard enough to find the herbology section. ‘’The Goshawk's Guide to Herbology is the holy grail of Herbology, I want to get a head start’’ Rose mused, she cared a lot less about the spells and charms, but she definitely wasn’t going to fail Herbology.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back