Amanda
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
12.5" Cedar with Core of Thestral Hair
To my fellow HNZers:

First off, I want to say how awesome you all are. This site has developed so much since it was started and it has been a joy watching it grow from its zany, wild origins to the sophisticated post-by-post RPG it is today.

Secondly, I want to apologize for coming back and doing pretty much nothing with my characters. I feel bad for putting in a transfer application that could have been approved for someone else (and for wasting the site staff’s time.) After the initial excitement of returning to the site was over, I couldn’t bring myself to post, and I still can’t. I’m simply not stimulated by Rowling’s universe anymore. Sorry to those I started an RP with; I intended to put in a few IC school years with my characters, but I can’t even finish an RP in an abandoned classroom.

I’m at a pretty good place in my life right now, so don’t worry about me. I didn’t start composing this goodbye because I’m having a downer day. I have a job as a flight attendant (granted, I don’t fly much because it’s the slow season,) I’m thinking about going back to school for a second degree, and I’m writing a lot lately. I just can’t write here and I have had to come to terms with that, even though my nostalgia and fondness for this place is very strong.

I won’t be creating any more characters for this site and I don’t think I will play any of my current characters for the foreseeable future. It is time that I put them away in their boxes. As I grew up, I eventually put my toys away and never picked them up again. In a way, I think this is what is happening here.

Thanks for the memories and for putting up with me for so long! You guys are great and I hope to see this site around in another ten years (even if I’ll just be looking on from a distance.)

Love,
Amanda

AMANDAAAAAA, you're gonna make me cry!

I hope you come back to visit sometimes, even if just to pop in to say hello. All the best with your job (a flight attendant, that's really exciting!) and good luck if you go back to study further. And good luck with all your writing! I'm gonna miss you a lot around here but you need to move on and that's totally understandable.

:wub: I look forward to seeing what you're going to achieve, so be sure to let us know how you are every now and again. You've always got friends here. <3

Amanda!

I am sad to be reading this thread right now and I can't believe what I am reading. It is a sad day when HNZers go away and it is even sadder that you say you will be gone for good. You are an amazing person, I love how involved you wee with the site and always willing to help out a newbie. I am going to miss you terribly but I will have fond memories of your time here. Please do come back from time to time, the site won't be the same without you. I do hope that in ten years time we will still be here to great you as an old friend who never left and catchup, talking for hours about the great plots you missed and the new friends on the site. Then you will be able to slide right back in like you never left.

HNZed will miss you Manders, and so will I! :hug:

Manddderrrs! :hug:

Whether or not you're here to post, it's always nice to see you lurking about! As sad as it is to see that you're leaving, I can understand your reasonings behind it. I hope that you stop by every once and awhile to say hello or lurk an old thread or two for memories! Either way, you will be missed greatly! If you decide to go bac to school then 'i wish you the best of luck with that too! Don't forget about meeeee! ♥

Amanda,

I really wanted to reply to this earlier on but I couldn't stop my emotions leaking out.
I'm so glad to hear that you are in a better place in your life at present, and I do so hope this will continue on for the foreseeable future.
I have greatly enjoyed our many zany conversations and roleplays, and I just want you to know that you have been a truly wonderful and fantastic friend to me. You are a brilliant person and I hope that some day circumstances will allow us the opportunity of a mad road trip (maybe we could sneak over to Germany for a bit.. :shifty: ).
Please don't ever feel you can't just shoot me a random PM or email or Skype or whatever (still working on getting my addresses online re-sorted).
I hope that you will at least manage the odd annual appearance on HNZ so I give you festive glomps and snuggles :wub:

Wishing you all the best in your future ventures,
your tearfully
Beth. :hug:

Manders,

I almost expected something like this to happen. I am glad that you are pretty content with life right now, and hope the best! Don't be a stranger around here either; we welcome you and your crazy ways with open arms!

~ Kaitlyn

Amanda,

It has taken me a while to reply to this because the idea of no Amanda on the site does not compute. Since I joined the site, all those years ago, you've been on. It really was a blessing in disguise (for me anyway) that so many people in Cyndi and Estrella's year simply disappeared because it allowed us the opportunity to begin one of my favorite friendships on HNZ, both IC and OOC. :) You're such a cool gal, and I'm glad to have had the opportunity to get to know you. Me gustaria reunir con usted uno de este dias.

I've noticed that you have been on the site recently, so I am cautiously optimistic that just because you don't plan on RPing doesn't mean that you don't plan on leaving the site. I hope that is the case anyway. Whether or not you do, buenas suerte, Amiga.

Cyndi :hug:

I've only just seen this Amanda. I wish you all the best with your present and future pursuits and hope you do pop in from time to time like I do! It's sad to see you go, but that's sadly the way things work, but you won't be forgotten around here anytime soon. Once again, I wish you the best of luck for now and for future endeavors and hopefully we'll catch up at some point in the future.

Best wishes,

- Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back