Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 16" Sturdy Mahogany Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Simon had thought about asked Charlotte to the yuleball, but he had run out of time before he had been able to. The boy had considered just finding Alexis who would be about in Ravenclaw and asking her, largely because it would annoy Charlotte and because he did enjoy Alexis’ company. However, the young part-veela had done neither of these things and had instead just decided to attend alone. There was nothing wrong with that, it would allow him to seek out someone he wanted to talk to at the event itself. The boy walked around the room a few, just feeling the music, feeling the atmosphere of the event and smiling to himself. It was nice, for all Hogwarts faults it was always able to just be nice at times. The ravenclaw eventually stopped at one of the drinks tables and just poured himself some butterbeer before glancing around the room, he couldn’t actually spot anyone he knew which wasn’t too great, but he’d find someone to talk to, he could always do that. He might put most off, but he was able to talk with most people easily, it was just becoming actual friends with people that he struggled with. However, tonight would just be a good night.

Even though Phoebe wasn't really the type for dresses and parties, she still felt like it would be a shame to skip them. There were always some interesting things to see, if nothing else the decorations were nice. It would be nice to run into some of her friends and have a good time. Wearing a simple black dress she had borrowed from Rose, Phoebe started off by getting a drink. Then she scanned the room for any familiar faces. She smiled slightly when she saw someone nearby that she hadn't talked to in a while and didn't hesitate to walk up to him. "Hey Simon." She said with a grin. "Been a while, I'm guessing you've moved past lumos by now?" She referenced their first meeting, figuring he would remember it as well. She took a sip of her drink and waited for him to respond.

Simon looked up as someone greeted him, and he smiled at the girl, Phoebe, was it? A girl he had met on the first few nights at Hogwarts, they'd gone over the lumos spell, Simon had wanted to get ahead from the first day he'd gotten to the school, no sense in falling behind before it even got started. The ravenclaw smiled at her while he nodded in response to her question. He had of course moved beyond it, "I'd certainly hope so, my O grades would mean nothing if I was still only able to do Lumos," he boasted with ease, since he enjoyed being on of the best in his year group, he wanted to be the best, and he would be the best eventually, he just had to keep pushing and working harder. "I should thank you for the lesson back then though, it certainly helped push me ahead," he told her, "You look nice, got a date?" he asked, since he could imagine that Phoebe either had a date or had plans to hang out with other friends. It wasn't that he didn't want to spend time with her but she was a year above him, and unlikely that she would really opt to spend time with him.

Phoebe grinned at the guy, glad he seemed to recognize her. It had been a while since they had talked, after all, even though she occasionally saw him around the common room. It amused her to hear him boast about his O grade, and she couldn't help doing the same. "Well, good. I have an O for Charms too, you know." She said with a grin. "And still a year above you, I know much more." She teased, sticking out her tongue playfully. She smiled when he thanked her for her help, she didn't think she had given him much advice but it had apparently helped him. His compliment was nice, and she shook her head at his question. "Nah, no date. What about you? Anyone waiting for you?" She glanced around, not sure if she would even recognize any girls (or boys) from the year below that might be his date. She figured he was here alone too, unless he was being rude and ignoring whoever he was with.

Simon shook his head at her, "You have an unfair advantage," he told her in response, "Of course you know more," he was pretty certain if he went head to head with her he could probably win, he could prove himself to be smarter, but he didn't think this was the sort of occasion to do it. Plus how would they even measure it. He would need more time to prep. It was just easier to concede that she probably did know better, "But just you wait, when we've both graduated, we'll see who knows more," he phrased it like a challenge, but he knew it was an absurd sort of challenge she definitely didn't need to accept. He wouldn't even think twice if she just scoffed at it. Simon was surprised when she said she didn't have a date, "Nope, never got around to asking anyone," the part-veela ran a hand through his hair, "But I might try to find a few people and dance with them," he said, before realising that it was a little rude to say that to someone who had taken the time to stop and talk to him, "I doubt you'd want to dance with me, right?" he added, laughing lightly, hoping she wouldn't mind what he'd said.

Phoebe laughed. Simon really couldn't handle hearing he wasn't the best at anything and it was amusing to see him immediately claim she had an unfair advantage. Phoebe smirked. "If I was in your year, I'd still beat you." She said lightly, she felt he would react to it. "I'll keep you to that. After graduation, let's have a duel." She said with a grin. It was always nice to find someone as competitive as her. For a moment she got the feeling he didn't want to talk to her, as he said he would find a few people to dance with them. But then he surprised her by sort-of but not really asking her to dance, though it was in a very joking way. Phoebe felt sure he didn't mean anything more than friendly, they were too young for that really anyway. She didn't really feel like repeating the awkward situation with Oswald, and it was sort of arrogant to think he could mean anything else, especially when he hadn't actually asked her. "Is that another challenge?" She asked him with a laugh. "I mean. We could, but we don't have to. I'm more here for the food."

It was the second Yule Ball that Alexis had attended and she still found it amazing. She arrived at the Great Hall still amazed at how the hall had been transformed. Looking around,she tried to spot some of her friends since she attended the event without a date. Not that she was desperate to have a date. She found it still enjoyable to socialize with many people. Also,she still had five more years to enjoy in Hogwarts.

The Ravenclaw spotted Simon Vanity a few yards away talking to Phoebe Holland,a fellow Ravenclaw. She did not notice Charlotte near Simon so she assumed that the Ravenclaw came alone.With a smile,she approached them since she knew both of them. "Hey guys. Simon.Phoebe.",she smiled brightly before giving Simon a brief hug. Hugs were normal for Alexis as her way of greeting her friends. She turned to Phoebe and gave the older girl a friendly smile."Enjoying the party?",she asked,making a conversation with the two.

Simon smiled at the challenge, "Okay, can't wait!" he agreed to it, it was in the future, and maybe they wouldn't end up duelling but he would still be excited for the opportunity to work towards that sort of a goal. He hadn't really meant to make Phoebe feel like he was only talking to her because he had no one else, but he knew the moment the words were said that it probably sounded like that, which was why he was keen to make it up, and ask if she wanted to dance in a round about way. He nodded then when she turned it into a challenge, "The food is good, but a challenge is even better," he smirked a little hoping that they would actually have this challenge, it would certainly make the event far more interesting. However, this wouldn't happen when Alexis appeared beside them, he smiled at her and returned the hug, "Hey Alexis," Simon said with a smile, "I'm enjoying it enough, just challenged Phoebe here to dance, maybe she might chicken out now," he smirked at Phoebe, maybe it would be fun to involve Alexis in it, if Phoebe did still feel like competing. If she didn't, he would just take it to mean he won.

Phoebe's competitiveness was strengthened by Simon, as he had the same trait himself. She grinned when he said he couldn't wait for their future duel, and she intended to keep her word considering that promise. He also seemed to enjoy the idea of a challenge when it came to dancing, but before she could say anything else about it, they were interrupted by a younger girl. Phoebe recognized her as the girl that gave her a candy cane, and watched as she hugged Simon. It seemed as if they were friends. Phoebe nodded to respond to the younger girl's question. "Yeah it's fun, what about you?" But she didn't wait for a response, as Simon challenged her directly which caught her full attention. "Chicken out? Me?" She scoffed. "Then you don't know me at all, mister." With a grin, she took a hold of his arm. "I'll show you dancing." She said as she started in the direction of the dance floor. "Sorry, we'll be right back!" She told the younger girl, hoping she didn't mind. But now that he had called her a chicken, she couldn't wait a moment longer to prove him wrong.

Alexis smiled as Simon returned her hug and she was still beside him as she listened to him talking about challenging Phoebe to dance. She had the playful urge to roll her eyes since she somehow knew that Simon was always up for challenges. She took a glass of mango shake before she glanced at the older Ravenclaw to gauge her response and was unable to stop her laughter when Phoebe took Simon up on his own challenge. When Phoebe apologized her way as she grabbed Simon's arm to the dance floor, Alexis raised her glass to them with a chuckle as she settled at a nearby table to watch them do the challenge. Her night had just started and the blue eyed Ravenclaw was already enjoying herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back