OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Alder Wand 13 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
Graeme was very much enjoying have Abby and Zerrin with him in Scotland, it was just so much fun. They were able to spend time together, chill out by the fire, take long walks around the area, spend more time with his mother and overall just have a really good time. It was a perfect little family that he had always wanted and it was due to grow in the best way possible. But the paper work had just finished for the adoption of Zerrin and he had brought him to the Fergusson family homestead, in part so that Zerrin could be introduced to the extended family and the family business. They were distant enough from it that a lot of the family business unless Zerrin didn't want to be. Graeme also knew it was important to meet the family that he would be around a lot. The house had the shop front where Aonghas' wife had been working, he'd greeted her warmly, as the went through the back of the store, to the grounds of the home. The family was wealthy, and the home was clearly old, with a number of new out houses for the cousins. "I don't think Bonnie's about," he said, "She's a step-sister for me," he told Zerrin. He had Zerrin on his shoulders and pulled him off as they went into the house. "Aonghas?" he called out, before taking Zerrin's hand and guiding him through the home until they got Aonghas' office.

Aonghas had always appreciated his half brother, it was a useful person for him to have in his life, he didn't do a lot of work for the family but he was good for the family name and he appreciated Fraser, the boy was a delight and since Aonghas didn't yet have any children, but he wasn't bothered, the man had enough to do with all the family business and the expansion to New Zealand which was a gamble, but appeared to be paying off. He was hoping that it would continue to pay off. So, Graeme coming round with the young boy was always a welcome reprieve. Aonghas knew he was quite serious a lot of the time, and didn't play with Fraser as much as Liusaidh did. The man had been quite surprised by the pace of Graeme's current relationship but they were a family of parts, with bits and pieces from a number of places, and Aonghas wasn't too surprised that his brother had adopted the boy of the woman. He was now due to meet him, but had heard plenty about him from Fraser. He heard Graeme in the corridors of his home, "In here Graeme," he stood up to greet the man. He held out his hand in greeting to his brother. "And this must be Zerrin?" Aonghas glanced at the boy.

Zerrin's life had changed drastically, and he couldn't be any happier. His best friend was his brother, his mom was finally around again, and now he had the best dad in the world. He hurried after Graeme, trying to keep up with the mans longer strides. "Who's Bonnie?" He asked, holding Graeme's hand easily. He felt oddly shy when the other man appeared. He ducked behind Graeme's leg, peeking out at the new adult. "H-Hello," he greeted softly, holding on to Graemes' pant leg.

There was still a bit to learn about his family for Zerrin, "Bonnie is my father's wife's child from a previous relationship," She was sort of like he was to his family in some respects and like Zerrin was to his family. But much like how he knew Bonnie had never been treated any different, he would never treat Zerrin differently and nor would his family. Graeme followed the sound of his brother's voice into the office and took his brother's hand in greeting, realising that Zerrin had ducked behind his leg. "This is Zerrin, Zerrin this is my brother Aonghas, don't ask how he spells it," Graeme said.

Aonghas smiled at his brother and then glanced down at the boy that was hiding. It was pretty obvious who this was. He knelt down to the boy's level and smiled at him, he held his hand out to Zerrin, he wasn't sure if the boy would take it, but he would at least try. He knew that it could be daunting to meet a family you didn't know. Aonghas felt he was approachable but he didn't know how accurate that really was. "It's good to meet you Zerrin, Graeme has been talking about you a lot, and I'm glad to put a face to all he said." Aonghas continued. "I'm in charge of the Fergusson family, and you are now a Fergusson. That doesn't mean you have to answer to me or anything, just that family decisions, decisions that affect all of the family are ones I make," Aonghas told him.

Zerrin hesitated, biting his lip. He reached out, shaking Aonghas' hand. "Graeme talks about me?" He asked softly, pulling his hand back to clutch at the fabric of Graeme's trousers. He peeked between the men a moment. "Are there a lot of Fergussons then?" He asked softly, thinking a head of the family sounded weird. It had always been just him and his mother. He hadn't realized they'd be going from a family of four to a family of... a lot.

Aonghas nodded, "Yeah, a lot," he told the young boy, it was always good things, "He tells me you really like music, and you're great with his son, a proper big brother," Aonghas assured him. At the question he gave a bit of a shrug. "Relatively speaking yes...we're a bigger family than most, but not the biggest," he said. "We're just a very old family," he added, since that was more of the important bit. "And there's the family business, which is why, someone has to be the head and make all the decisions, and it has to be me, since I'll carry the family line," he told him pretty plainly, he didn't think it was worth hiding what sort of family they were. "All that means for you, is that if you want a job, money, a place to live, you can come to me and I'll get it. You're family and that means you don't have to worry about anything anymore,"

Zerrin blushed at Aonghas' words. It was still difficult for him sometimes to come to terms with how much Graeme cared. He had always thought that with his biological fathers blatant absence, he wasn't worth it. He knew his mother worked too hard to care for him, but it had also left him more alone than either of them liked. He leaned more into Graeme's leg, peeking out and up at Aonghas. A lot of what he said... sort of made sense. Zerrin understood the words. But he wasn't sure he understood the meaning. He felt a bit overwhelmed, but tried to hide it, wanting to seem more mature than he was acting, hiding behind Graeme. "What's the family business?" He asked softly. "How old are you? Is there an heir to- um- being the person in charge?" He asked, trying to understand. "Are there books? Like family history and lineage and things?" He rambled a bit, both out of being nervous and a genuine desire to understand.

Aonghas thought it was nice that Zerrin was asking questions and taking an interest in it, and Graeme hadn't told him to stop or corrected him so he just continued. "We make robes and kilts," Aonghas told him, "Finest robes and kilts in all of magical Scotland," he added with a little laugh. "I'm twenty, and no, no hier yet, but my wife and I are trying," he wasn't in any great rush, but knew they would eventually had to start trying more. "There are lots of books, but most are either in scottish gaelic or old scots," he said to him. "Don't feel like you have to read up about the family. You are family to us now, nothing you do or don't do will change that," Aonghas gave a little smile, "We're family and in my family, you look out for each other, no matter what,"

Zerrin listened intently. "Robe-makers?" He repeated, thinking over what that might entail. He wanted to learn. He looked up to Graeme, pulling on the mans shirt. "Do you know how to make them?" He asked, wanting Graeme to teach him. He looked back to Aonghas, leaning his face a bit on Graeme's leg. "I know I don't have to, I just want to," He replied softly. He wanted to know, he wanted to belong. This was what the Fergusson family was, and he wanted to be involved in that. He pulled on Graemes' trouser leg again, looking up at him. "Do you know how to speak those?" He asked, curious.

Graeme watched Aonghas speak with zerrin. Graeme kept a hand resting on the back of Zerrin's head to provide him with support as he asked the questions. "I don't know how to make them," he told him. Graeme could mend a shirt but he'd never been taught how to do what he knew Aonghas and the other did. "I do," Graeme said, "Scots gaelic is what Fraser and I sometimes speak to each other," he would certainly help him learn those. "We can help you learn them," Graeme said. "Send them over Aonghas, I'll show Zerrin around some more," Graeme wasn't sure there was much else to say or what other questions Zerrin had, but he knew they should move along.

Zerrin was a little confused by Graeme's answer. He didn't know how to make robes? He was distracted though as the man talked about the other languages, wondering how hard it would be to learn them. "Yes, please," He asked gently, hoping it was okay for him to learn, too. He looked back to Aonghas, smiling shyly. He stayed behind Graeme, peeking up at his father again to see what would happen next.

Graeme guided Zerrin out of the house with one last wave towards his brother. As soon as they were outside he knelt down in front of Zerrin and gave a little smile, "halò," he said opting for the gaelic since Zerrin had wanted to learn and that was as good a place to start as any. "You want up? We can wander the grounds, see if any cousins are kicking about?" he asked, he was offering for Zerrin to be on his shoulders, he knew it was a lot, his family was a lot and there would come a time to tell Zerrin about it, and he would if asked, but would hold off until he was prompted to. [/I]

Zerrin followed Graeme easily, jogging along behind the man. He looked up with a smile as Graeme knelt down. "halò," He repeated softly. He nodded eagerly as Graeme offered to pick him up. "Yes please," He smiled shyly, and held open his arms so Graeme could pick him up a bit easier. "Do you think mom and Fraser are having a good time?" He asked, his mind drifting to the others in their little family. "Mom's been acting... different lately. Happier, but... more tired, still." His brow furrowed. He had hoped her quitting her jobs would make her less tired.

Graeme picked Zerrin up off the ground and placed him on his shoulders. He made sure his grip on him was good and then began moving. "Oh for sure," Graeme said laughing lightly, he had really needed to persaude Fraser to let him and Zerrin come here alone. He wasn't surprised that Zerrin had picked up on the changes with his mother, though they weren't yet telling him about it. "Sometimes when you've been working and pushing yourself so much, when you stop and are able to relax, it hits you, you get more tired as the body does its best to recover," he told him, which he knew was in part true, but certainly the baby didn't help. "How did you find everything in there, I know this family can be a lot?" Graeme asked as he walked the grounds. "I didn't know they existed really till I was like 16, 17," Graeme admited, "I knew my father was alive and all that, but nothing else,"

Zerrin settled in on Graemes shoulders, listening to his father talk. He supposed that made sense. His mom was just catching up on all the sleep she'd missed over the past decade. He considered Graemes question, but was distracted quickly by the rest of what the man said. "Wait, what?" He blinked. "What happened? Is that why you don't know the robes thing?" He asked, curious. "What happened between you and your dad? Was he mean to Grandma or something?" His brow furrowed. He hoped not. He would hate if someone had been mean to Graeme's mother, she was the nicest lady ever.

Graeme knew the reaction his point would get and he gave a little smile. He nodded at the first question but Zerrin asked so many in one he didn't want to nod at all of them. "My mother's a muggle," he started, "She and my father were in love and had me, but his parents didn't really approve of her, so he was told to leave and marry a pureblood, have pureblood children. My father offered to take me, but my mother refused," Graeme told him, not really sugarcoating it. "Things are better now, I'm still not particularly friendly with my father, but I'm close with my cousins and siblings, and the family will provide for my children if ever I or Abby can't," he squeezed Zerrin's foot lightly to indicate that included him. "You will never have any obligation to them,"

Zerrin frowned. "That's dumb. If he loved Grandma he should've stayed with her," He pouted, resting his head on Graemes'. He blushed, smiling shyly at the mans words. "I love you, dad," he countered softly, raising a hand to play with Graeme's hair. "Are you and mom going to get married?" He asked, thinking that would be really nice. "I bet she'd really like that,"

Graeme gave a little laugh and nodded, "Well...I mean, if he hadn't I might not have met your mum, and I'd happily give that up for you and for Abby." he told him with a little smile even though he couldn't see his face. "Love you too bud," He gave a little nod and smiled. "Probably just gotta buy a ring and ask her," he said. "We could do that together some point before you go off to school?" he offered, he was sure that he could figure out what Abby might want, but that would make things easier.

Zerrin blushed at his words, resting his cheek against Graeme's hair. "Thanks, dad," he murmured, shutting his eyes. He smiled softly. "That would be fun. We could take Fraser?" He asked, biting back a yawn. It was nice being carried around like this. "Dad?" He ran his fingers through Graeme's hair. "Do you think you guys will ever have more kids?" He asked. "I think it'd be nice to have a little sibling, though I like seeing you take care of mom. It was hard on my own. She's stubborn."

Graeme nodded slightly, "Sure, if you want. It can also be something you and I just do, you know Abby best," he told him. He knew Fraser would enjoy it, but he felt that it might be as good to just do it the two of them. He was always keen to get more time with just Zerrin. He was a little surprised at the question. "Yeah, bud, I know it was hard. I will always take care of your mum and if we have more kids, I'll take care of them both. She's an amazing woman, and raised an amazing son too,"

Zerrin thought about it, yawning and resting his head on Graeme's head. "Maybe we'll have Fraser keep mom busy," He murmured, running his fingers through Graeme's hair. He laughed shyly at the mans words, relaxing against Graeme and trusting the man wouldn't let him fall. "I love you, dad," He murmured tiredly. "Were we supposed to meet anyone else today?" He asked.

Graeme chuckled lightly at Zerrin's suggestion, it wouldn't be very hard for Fraser to keep Abby busy. He smiled softly and shook his head lightly. "Love you too bud, no, we'll be heading home soon enough," Graeme replied. he moved a hand to rest on Zerrin's back, to give him a little more support but it was a little awkward for him but he didn't mind at all.

Zerrin yawned, and started to slump a little. "Could you carry me, dad? I'm really tired," He asked, rubbing at his eyes. He didn't want to fall over, or make Graeme uncomfortable if he could avoid it. He stretched, trying to wake himself up a bit, but after all the excitement of the day he was just feeling worn out and ready for bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back