Aftermath of the Showdown

Tosh had never had a high opinion of the teaching comunity when it came to fairness and this was pretty much exactly what he had expected, and why he'd come. Still, he remembered his Dah and decided to try politeness.
"Arrr aye Miss, if yer can't stay outta the fight then perhaps ya should call someone else to deal like?" He said to the head girl. His hopes were not high that she'd even listen, the way she'd jumped on in boots first soon as she heard something she didn't like didn't bode well for her personal restraint and objectivity, but at least he'd given her the chance.

[Arr aye = "Not fair"]

Kiera looked down at the boy. He clearly did not understand. "I can stay out of the fight. I assure you though anyone I call would have a problem with the disrespecting of the Hufflepuff house." she said to the boy. She noticed he was in Slytherin colors. "If you feel differently, I would be happy to send you to your Head of House. I can promise you though that she won't be too happy." Kiera said with a sweet smile on her face. "She's my mother." Kiera informed the boy. He would like to see him insult one of Jacqueline's daughters in front of her.

Sam looked between the four of them. "I have to say that I agree with you," he directed to Tosh with a raised eyebrow at the girls. This was just what he had been hoping wouldn't happen, but sadly expected would. Sam leaned forward into his chair and addressed Kiera.

"What they meant to say was that they disagreed on a personal opinion and obviously fought over it. I doubt they'll make any guarantees not to do it again, so I will vouch for one of them on that matter," said Sam firmly, pinning a glare onto Sephora. It wasn't meant nastily, but he really was too tired to put up with this for much longer.

"I think I'd be correct in assuming that neither girl is giving ground on this matter. Therefore the best you could hope," he said to Kiera, "Would be to try and convince them that smacking each other up only makes for black eyes and broken bones." Sam gazed over the girls with disapproving eyes. "I think they get that," he added, looking at their numerous cuts and bruises. And that was all he was going to say on the matter. Sam sank back into his chair and proceeded to ignore the rest of the group, staring at the white plaster wall for the rest of his visit.

Tosh actually laughed when the head girl threatened to call her 'Mummy' on him. He'd been right, a wannabeseen grown up who couldn't even pull the pretence off, let alone the reality. "Ta Maam," he responded, "but I can fight me own fights." His tone of voice implying that perhaps she ought to learn to do the same.
"But it seems to me tha', if Sephora didn' like Maria's opinion so much then she could always 've stopped askin for it. Or demanding that she change it. Where I come from they call tha' bullyin'" He studied his nails "An', seems to me no one gets punished for say'n they don' like slytherin. Wha's so diffrint 'bout Hufflepuff then? Or is maybe Maria right, an Hufflepuffs is jus' too weak to handle it an need a bit'a coddlin?" He looked back up at Kiera again, his eyes absolutely cold. "If tha's the case then maybe they need ta grow up a bit." He finished. The implication that maybe they weren't the only ones deadly clear.

Kiera looked at Sam as he spoke. She nodded her head, listening closely. Then, the other boy talked. Kiera listened as equally polite. She understood what they both were saying. She shook her head. "Neither girl is getting off the hook. I would say there is bullying going on with both sides. Sephora, while you think that Maria is being rude, you don't have to insult her back. You need to be polite and try to reason things out." she said looking Sephora in the eyes.

Then she turned to Maria. "Sephora might be insulting you but its probably not unprovoked. There is no need to get physical. Its not the first time though it wasn't so bad. I know Alex was very wrong to change your hair color but there wasn't a need to kick him." she said calmly. Kiera had saved her breath on discussing that with Alex. He didn't listen to her, it wasn't like he wanted to be head boy. "You might hate your house but you are stuck there for the next seven years. You need to attempt to get along. If you are nice to others, they will be nice back." she said with a smile. She was trying her best to do this in a polite way.

Turning to Tosh, Kiera placed her hands on her hips. "For your information, I don't say anything about Slytherin. I have friends in every house. I wouldn't let to Slytherins disrespect themselves and their house like this either." she said coldly. He was just an instigator.

Tosh listened to what the girl said to the two in the beds giving a firm nod. That was more like it, his opinion of her went up a notch. Tosh knew how hard it was to pull back like that once you'd lost it. He knew that most of what she was saying didn't mean a rats arse in real life, but it was the sort of thing teachers were supposed to say.
He didn't even bother to respond to what she said to him. What he'd said about Slytherin had never been directed at her personally in the first place though, and he noted it in the back of his mind that she had taken it that way. It fit in with her behaviour so far and he wouldn't forget.

Sephora closed her eyes when Maria went through her rant.
"You'd probably deserved that."
"Shut. Up."

"Yes, I understand...the fact is that I *was* polite to her at the beginning until she became more insulting and offensive and I have, already apologized." She replied to Keira's statement.

The British guy was getting on her nerves and there was one part of her that wished that Kiera sent her mother down and got him away - he wasn't even Maria's friend so why should he be there?
"Then again, they'd most likely end up becoming friends after this." She thought

Maria listened in stony silence while others discussed her opinions without knowing the first thing about them. As the head girl continued, she actually began to tremble with rage. How DARE she talk like that. "Oh, that's fine then." Maria said coldly, fists clenched so tightly that her nails were almost breaking the skin. "Next time I have an opinion I'll just remember that opinions are bad things to have, and I should just be like everyone else and not dare to think about anything. Indivituality and personal thoughts are wrong! I get that now! I guess I'll be off to clone school then." She narrowed her eyes, glaring at the head girl. She loathed it when people told her she was wrong for thinking the way she did, and she refused to let some trumped up seventh year get the best of her. "Your stupid boyfriend deserved it! I wound up in hospital wing because of him, I'm sure he can survive an ickle bruisie." She didn't bother to respond to the lame cliché 'be nice to others and they'll be nice to you!' because she already knew it was total crap. No matter how nice or nasty she was, very few people were ever nice to Maria.

"You were never polite to me! You insulted me the first time we met! Ask Jessame Rose, she was there!" Maria shrieked at Sephora, getting angrier and angrier. It seemed that yet again, getting bullied was all her fault for having a 'bad attitude', just like it had been at home.

Sephora sighed again in her bed;
"Jessame Rose was on your side remember? She too, was rude towards me yet I didn't do anything verbally towards you."
she shook her head and decided stay quiet.
There wasn't any point in arguing against Maria as it'll just make the situation more worse than it already was. She slouched in her bed and stared at the ceiling, hoping for a atleast five minutes of pure silence when Maria wasn't screaming at her.

Tosh, leaning against the wall watched with growing incredulity, there wasn't a thing the head girl wasn't doing wrong. Tosh had been on the recieving end of this lecture often enough to know just how it was supposed to go. Then, with a sudden rush he realised that she had never done this before. A wave of pity for her washed over him. he was going to have to say something. Digging deep he pulled out all the politeness he could find, he knew she wasn't going to like hearing this from an eleven year old.

"Ummm, 'scuse me Ma-am, but yer goin' about this all wrong like. Askin' them what their side is, in front of each other, and while the barney's still fresh like, is just gonna get everyone fight'n agen." He explained gently, "What ya need to be sayin' is somethin' like. "I don' care what yer side is, whatever it is it's no excuse fer fightin' like that. An' in public as well. Youse've both bin actin like twats an yer gunna be in detention for fereva!" It's wha' teacha's an' the like say y' see?" He asked. He had a feeling he was gunna end up in detention too for sayin' that, but he'd done plenty of those before and if someone didn't put a stop to this the girls would be crawlin out their beds and clawing each other's face off before long. He din't doubt that they'd get around to that sometime anyway, but even he could see that they were in no state for a scrap now.

Kiera shook her head towards Maria. "No one wants you to be a clone. You may have your opinions. You can't go around being nasty to people because of it." she said kindly. She was ignoring the fact that Maria was yelling. Her voice remained calm. Kiera kept her personal emotions off of her face. She had years of practice at that. "I know what my boyfriend did was wrong. I do know that he did not mean to send you to the hospital wing. That's still no excuse for physical violence." she said looking directly at Maria. "You have to put in some effort to get something out of it. If you want friends, try acting like a friend." Kiera said with a small smile.

Kiera turned to the Slytherin boy as he spoke. He was giving her advice but she shook her head. There was one main difference. "As I'm sure you noticed, I'm not a teacher. I don't want to try and act like one." she said with a slightly amused smile. "I want to help. I don't think the yelling method really works. It rarely stops the problem." she said honestly.

He smiled helpfully, "'sallright, yer don' need to yell, really works betta if'n you don', I always pay mor' attention to the ones who's quiet like, they's the dangerous ones." He nodded knowingly, "An yer don' need ta be a proff, all the school bizzies say it, prefects and heads etc. but it helps stop the fight like. If'n yer do it right ya can end up wiv the kids so pissed about bein' told off tha' they'll ferget they're fighting at all." He frowned slightly, "Well, fer a little while anyways." He looked at her sympathetically. "But ma'am, if yer really do wanna know the whys an all yer really gotta ask'em seperate like, an' afta they've calmed down an all." He paused a moment then added "Yer do know don' yer tha' it won't change anythin'? Since they both b'live they'z right, askin 'em ta say it agen will just make'm more sure like, an' more angry." Personally he'd never been able to figure why some adults always wanted ta know all the kids business an the like, but he supposed it was jus' in their nature or somethin'

[bizzies = literally means coppers. A role filled in the school by prefects, heads, and professors.]

"Jessame wasn't on my side, she just happened to be there when you said I was a mama's girl with a black soul!" Maria hissed at Sephora, fighting the urge to leap out of her bed and go suffocate the other girl. How the HELL could Sephora still think she was in the right? She hadn't done a SINGLE nice thing to Maria, and she still acted like Maria was the one who was a bully.

"And you can shut the hell up!" Maria finally snapped. She had had enough of this stupid head girl and her let's-all-get-along politics. "Acting like a friend does crap-all! And once again, because I dared to get angry, and fight back against some up-herself moron bullying me, I'm the one who's screwed up and stupid and not being nice! Never mind the poor, innocent girl who picks on me, she was just trying to make friends! You're all morons!" She shrieked, totally losing control.

Sephora closed her eyes and attempted to zone out
"I am in my happy place...I am in my happy place...I am...sure as hell...in my happy place." She chanted her thoughts so she could remain calm - if she retaliated to Maria's comments then they would probably get in a whole lot more trouble, but the urge to retaliate was tempting.

"Fine, okay. You win. Happy Now?..Yes, fine. I'm the girl with the black soul. I'm sorry for the 1 billionth time, I only did what *I* thought was right. Obviously I'm wrong. End of story. The End." Sephora really had enough of this...but, deep down - she hoped that there was still one point that they could be friends.

Of course, this entire time Sam had said nothing. If anyone bothered to look, it wasn't because of his increasing grumpiness with the entire situation (although that was a factor). Eventually the world began to spin softly and he closed his eyes. The heat was making him drowsy. When he awoke he would only be with Sephora and Maria in a dark Hospital Wing. No-one would have the heart to wake up. As it was he dreamed dark dreams as one was prone to do when over heated. Sam slept on, his head dropping to the side to rest beside Sephora's on the pillow.

"Yes you are wrong!" Maria said, irritated with Sephora's stupid attempt to make herself look like the wronged innocent. "And you're still doing it, trying to make yourself look all high and mighty, while I'm some evil, cruel monster. You're a horrible person." She hissed, eyes narrowed to slits.

Jessame Rose had successfully escaped from the Entrance Hall before things had gotten too ugly earlier, and had taken a hot shower and gotten dressed in something warmer. However, after a while sitting on her bed wishing she could go home, she got a little too warm and decided to try on one of the outfits Livia had suggested for her. Pulling on the slightly shimmery top, she inspected herself in the mirror. She chose some shorts far shorter than she'd ever considered wearing before and looked at the heels Livia had insisted she buy. She tried them on, but wobbled about so much she chucked them back in the drawers under her bed and chose the slip-ons Livia had chosen for her. She checked her reflection in the mirror. "Accessorise!" Livia's voice seemed to come from nowhere. J.R. looked at the pile of things on her desk and picked some blue hair clips the same colour as the shoes. She placed them carefully in her black hair and picked up the nail polish. She sat down on her bed and carefully painted her nails for the first time in her life. The stuff stunk, but J.R. was willing to make sacrifices to fit in. She took one more look in the mirror and walked downstairs to the common room.

The room was buzzing with chatter of Sephora and Maria's fight. It sounded like it had been quite a show. Oh no! thought Jess. I'm going to have to live with those two! Then, hearing that they were both in the hospital wing, J.R. made up her mind about something. She slipped out of the common room, feeling very conspicuous in her new clothes, and slipping a little in the unfamiliar shoes, she darted down to the hospital. Entering, she thought how different she must look now to how she had before when she'd come in from the rain and seen the beginnings of the fight.

She walked determinedly up to the Head Girl and was surprised to see no adults around. "Maria and I want to change dorms. It will stop the fighting, and everyone will be happier," she announced, firmly. Then she stood with her eyes on the floor, feeling as though she was showing far too much brown leg, and hoping no-one would yell at her. What had she been thinking? Maria probably didn't even want to be with her!

Maria stared at Jessame Rose in shock. She hardly knew the girl, and yet she had swept in here and saved her from Sephora's boring chatter, stupid fashion sense, and holier-than-thou attitude in one sentence. She would have fallen to the ground and worshipped at her feet if she hadn't been wearing a skirt she liked once upon a time (before it got covered in blood and dirt.) Maria didn't at all share Jessame-Rose's delusion that changing dorms would stop the fights, but it would certainly make life much more annoying. She nodded... not enthusiastically exactly, but certainly firmly. "That's right." She said, equally firmly. "I want away from... that." She sneered in Sephora's direction.

Kiera looked sternly at Maria as she yelled at Kiera. She did like it but was growing weary of reprimanding the girl. Another girl came in and defended Maria. She shook her head. "You know it's hard to move dorms after the start of the term." she began by saying. "But if it will stop this then I will speak to your Head of House." Kiera told the two girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back