OOC First Name
Kait
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
12" Ash wand with tail of unicorn hair core
Kiera was careful with each girl as she took them to the Hospital wing. Neither one of the girls needed anymore damage done to them. Kiera wanted to know what the girls had done to get into this dragout fight. She intended to give them a good lecture when they came around. It was not proper for the young girls to get into fist fights.

Kiera placed both girls on a bed gently. Kiera helped the nurse by cleaning up the smaller wounds, like cuts and scrapes. That was easy enough for her to do. Both of these unknown girls would be feeling this for several days to come.

Kiera sat down in a chair between the two beds, facing the girls. She planned to wait until they both woke up. She was also waiting on the nurse to come heal their sever wounds.

"Dude. you're dead" Sephora's sub-conscious joked
"What?"
"Your dead" Her sub-conscious replied.
"No. I can't be."
" I said your dead....reputation and school wise" Her sub-conscious dropped the act.
"I hate you already.

---

Sephora felt confined into something...she felt something soft and warm underneath her, she instantly knew she wasn't in the entrance hall's floor.
She couldn't move any parts of her body, her head felt heavy and she was sure that her skull is still broken.
Sephora tried to open her eyes but she felt as if her eyes were glued stuck.

"Great, so I'm lying here and I can't move. What else can happen...where's Maria?...oh dear, I have to go and find Sam... Sephora started to breathe heavily.

"Okay, moving on...what was the last thing can I remember?....um...being...pushed down the stairs, feeling my nose snap...Maria falling down the stairs...and lots of blood?" Sephora felt her eyes going up to the ceiling.

"Don't say you just fainted while you were lying down?" Her sub-conscious muttered.

((Lame post I know, but Maria is supposed to wake up first (organized it with Rowan), and I'm really bored. so I thought I just might kick off with Sephora's thoughts))

Sam slipped through the doors of the Hospital Wing, figuring he'd be welcome by at least one person if anyone was. Naturally many would want to come to share their condolences or laugh at the girls and their antics, and Sam half wanted to do both. It was the most ridiculous situation he'd ever encountered is his entire life and he wished that he had stepped in to stop it. Of course, he hadn't dared at the time. Had anyone? He had even been yelled at by Sephora in the heat of their fighting. Sam shook his head as he walked down to the only occupied beds. Between them both sat Kiera Kingsley, the girl he recognised as Head Girl. Sam blushed but he didn't have much to say to her, being so shy and out of place. Even so, he made an effort.

"Hi," he started softly, trying not to wake either of the girls. "How are they doing?"

By they he meant she, Sephora- of course he felt quite sorry for the Maria as well. Sam had learned never to get on the wrong side of Sephora that day. He took a seat on the other side of Sephora's bed and shook his head down at her. She looked awful; they both did. He placed his hand softly into her hair, not daring to touch her lest she awoke in pain.

"Gosh, what a mess," he commented softly to Kiera.

Kiera was playing with the avis charm. She had created three little birds that actually looked rather life-like. She was waiting for the two girls to awake so that she could deal with the situation at hand. Kiera turned as a first year boy walked into the room. He spoke to her before making his way to one of the girls. She assumed that was is girlfriend by the way he touched her hair.

Kiera smiled back at the boy. "They are mending. I healed a few of the smaller ones. I'm waiting on the nurse. They both will be sore for awhile." she said, knowing that magic didn't always take all the hurt away.

Kiera flicked her wand and the small birds disappeared. She turned back to the boy. "I'm Kiera." She said introducing herself, though he probably already knew who she was. "I take it you know the pair?" she said as more of a statement than a question. "Would you like to tell me what was going on or should I just wait for them to wake up?" Kiera said, smiling at the boy. After all, he hadn't been one of the ones fighting.

"Perhaps you'd like to hear it from me before they start verbally going at it again," said Sam as he laughed sheepishly. "I'm Sam, a Hufflepuff like Sephora, here. She's my- er, she's a friend of mine" He was blushing again. "I don't know Maria very well so I don't know all of the details, but it seems to me like this was a war against Hufflepuff coming from the inside.As far as I know, Maria is..."

He looked over the unconscious girls with a sigh.

"-sadly lacking in house spirit. Most of us are proud to be 'Puffs, but a few others (including some of the other houses) feel otherwise. We're just lucky this didn't spill into an open house war." explained Sam sadly. It had been horrible to watch the two girls brawling like that. He just couldn't understand the mentality of it. "I won't say any more in case I've got something wrong, but I hope they wake soon. Would you look at those cuts and bruises? They'll be carrying the memories harder than the physical scars I'll bet. Or at least they will if I have anything to do with it-" he added with a stern look at Sephora. Even through the disappointment, the tenderness was evident in his eyes.

"She just better not do it again,"
he said softly as his fingers trailed down to the tips of her hair.

Kiera nodded her head as Sam told her his name and that they were all Puffs.When he mentioned the two girls names, Kiera pursed her lips. So this was Maria. The older girl had heard about her from Beau and then Alex when she had questioned him. She had already not been fond of the girl but Alex had made her promise not to go looking for the girl. Kiera hadn't been looking and yet here was Maria in front of her. Kiera smiled knowingly as Sam said he was Sephora's friend. She could tell it was more than that whether he wanted to admit it or not.

Kiera listened to the rest of Sam's story. She could hardly believe that the Sorting Hat would put Maria in a house she apparently hated so much. Kiera smiled at Sam. "Thank you for telling me this Sam." she said kindly. "I've heard of Maria. This isn't the first time she has resorted to physical violence. From what I heard, she kicked my boyfriend pretty hard at the welcome party." she said with a frown. Kiera didn't like the idea of anyone hurting Alex.

Kiera heard his last words. "If I have anything to do with it. This will never happen again." she said her chocolate eyes flashing with anger.

"I agree," said Sam with steel in his voice. It sounded extremely unusual coming from the softly spoken child. His hand came to a rest on Sephora's, and his thumb grazed it gently. Soon they would wake and the lectures and fighting would ensue. How could he convince Sephora not to fight like this again, if only for his sake? Somehow he agreed to her standpoint but not the means. For some strange reason, he also wished that he could talk to Maria (though he never would).

Sam looked over to her on the opposite bed and spoke aloud. "I feel this requires more than a smack on the wrist and a 'don't do it again'. Somehow, something needs to change. I would hope that Maria learns not to take her prejudices out of context again. I know people who not only hate Hufflepuff but also magic and all it entails, including this school. Yet they still battle on and make the best of whatever situation they have been given in the best way they know how. Waging war..." he paused with a frown. "Waging war on your own kind can never leave you satisfied."

He didn't mean to rant, but this was important to him, just as the well being of every Hufflepuff and everyone besides was just as important. He wanted to help. "It is good of you to stay behind like this," said Sam quietly.

Kiera smiled at Sam as he talked. It was bright and seemingly mature for his age. It would be good for Sephora to have a friend like this to keep her away from Maria. Kiera wondered if the best way to solve this was just to keep the two girls from speaking to each other? They could not continue fighting. It did too much damage to them both. Sam was right. It would not satisfy them.

The corners of Kiera's mouth twitched as Sam said this required more than a smack on the wrist. She shook her head. "It will not be just a smack on the wrist. I want this to never happen again and I intend to make that very clear." she said, thinking to herself about how she was going to do that exactly. "You can help even if its just to keep Sephora out of it." Kiera told the young boy. "I wanted to talk to Maria earlier about physical violence but Alex wouldn't let me." Kiera said, her bottom lip forming a bit of a pout.

Kiera smiled kindly at Sam as he told her it was nice of her to stay. "It's part of the job as Head Girl. I'm just glad I got there in time to bring them up here." she said, knowing that it could have been much worse. "Plus I intend to have a nice chat with them when they both wake up."

"It's just a shame that Sephora had to get involved in this," Sam said with heavy regret. "It could have been anyone else who had taken offense to Maria's stance. If anything, I wish it had been me. Not taking offense, I mean. Maria needed someone to listen to rather than palm her off. Although," he added with a grin. "I don't envy your boyfriend. That would've hurt!" laughed Sam sympathetically.

He now knew exactly what it was like to see someone he cared about get hurt. He bore no ill will to she who had inflicted it, but he wished it hadn't happened. "I wish it hadn't of been Sephora," added Sam with a sigh. "She's everything to me." Realising what he'd just said, he blanched and stuttered. "Well, I mean... er... don't tell her I said that." he said in a small voice. "First years aren't meant to think that way."

"Well anyway, you're doing a first rate job. I hope someone's told you that". He didn't have the authority to step into their fight. Thank goodness for Kiera.

Kiera nodded her head at the boy's comments. She would have been upset with a Gryffindor that had the same anti-House opinions that Maria did. The two girls just needed to find a more mature way to deal with it. Kiera laughed as he grinned. "I suppose he isn't entirely blameless. He shouldn't have turned her hair green but she way overreacted." she said shaking her head. It was pointless for her to try and scold Alex; he would probably just ignore her. Maria,on the other hand was easier for her to scold.

Kiera heard Sam admit what she already knew. It was easy to tell that the boy was head over heels for the girl. However, she was certain that a younger student might not recognize it. Kiera smiled slyly. "Your secret is safe with me." she promised. Kiera wouldn't tell on the boy. She remembered her first boyfriend when she was a first year. He had told her he loved her before disappearing forever. Funny how things changed.

Kiera shook her head. "Your the first. But thank you. I doubt the two of them will thank me." she said motioning to the girls.

Sam bit his bottom lip at her last comment. "I don't think I'll be getting any smiles, either." Gosh, he hadn't thought about that. Perhaps he should skip the lecture. "Well, it needs to be said. Unfortunate that you'd have to do it,though. How often does this sort of thing happen?" he questioned although not really requiring an answer. This was probably a lot better an alternative that some of the nasty hexes they could have put on each other.

Secretly he was chuckling inside. Turned her hair green? Maria had gotten lucky! he thought in amusement and stifling a grin. "I should probably stop talking so much, or either of them will wake up." he said thoughtfully. He didn't realise that he was still stroking her hair.

Maria was in pretty bad shape. Her shoulder was badly dislocated, her tailbone was shattered, her skull had taken a dinting, she had snapped a rib, and her right leg was shattered, not to mention all of the smaller cuts and bruises and injuries. She faded in and out of consciousness, brain only hearing a few words every so often.
'Heard of Maria...' 'Maria... Prejudices... Waging war' 'Physical violence' 'Sephora... everything to me.' 'She way overreacted' 'Wake up...'

It was the last words that finally convinced Maria to fight her murky way back into the world of the waking. Every bit of her body ached and stung, and she could taste blood in her mouth. She was hit with an urge to cough, then winced as the shaking of her body aggrivated every single injury she had. A trickle of blood ran from the corner of her mouth, and she weakly licked at it, already having forgotten what it was in her pain stupor. She brought her good arm up to her side, where it was most painful, and touched what had just looked like a bloody patch, but she could definitely feel a nub of bone pressing against her skin. She groaned, tears running from her eyes withough Maria noticing, the bloodsoaked brunette fighting to stay awake. She drew a few heaving breaths, then sank back to unconsciousness, unable to stay awake any longer.

Sephora was walking across the great lawn her satchel bouncing across her hip.
Sitting underneath an old oak tree, she carefully took out her sketchpad and her pencil, gazing around for something to draw until she spotted a couple of purple wildflowers....

...She's everything to me...never happen again...

---Scene Change---

"There's no rules when it comes to eating cake!
"...you can't eat cake with out personalized cutlery!"

...What a mess...doubt the two...

---Scene Change---

Sephora found her self circling Maria
"....Has the bumblebee found herself an ickle boyfriend?..."
""Don't you dare bring him into this, he's done nothing to you. So why bother dragging him down with us."

...don't think...getting smiles...

---

Sephora felt the familiar soft feeling underneath her, her body and her limbs still feeling heavy.
trying to move at least something, she tried to wriggle her fingers - only managing to wiggle her thumb.

Tosh wasn't really sure why he headed up to the hospital wing, it wasn't like she was one of his mates or anything, but it was the first time since he got here that he'd met anyone with the b4lls to survive back home. He wouldn't say anything, just check and make sure no proff was giving her more'n her fair share of the flack.

Sephora stirred, and Sam drew closer to her on instinct. She mumbled occasionally and the worry line reappeared over his forehead. Acutely aware of her, he noticed her thumb twitching. What she going to wake up soon?

Sam looked up when another boy entered the room. His face darkened and he turned back to Sephora, refusing to look at him. That was the boy who was egging Maria on, shouting all sorts of things in the din. Sam ignored his presence completely while hovering over Sephora. If Kiera noticed anything, she might have been curious as to his open hostility towards the other boy. Please wake up soon, love. he thought to himself sadly. It was terrible to see her looking so small and frail with bloody cuts, now closed, covering her body. Sam lifted her hand gently and kissed it, his eyes closed in a sort of meditation.

Kiera watched as the two girls stirred in bed. Maria actually opened her eyes. Kiera stood up from where she was sitting. "Maria? Can you hear me?" she asked, her voice gentle.

Kiera was distracted for a moment as another boy came into the room. He didn't say anything at all. Kiera turned to him, her hands on her hips. "You are welcome to stay. But you will not stir them up or upset them. Otherwise I will have the nurse send you out." she said, her voice kind. "Am I clear?" she asked, not in the mood to deal with anymore problems at the moment.

Sephora was still drifting in and out conscious
"You know, i'm blaming you for this." She sternly told her conscious
"Was just trying to help"
"I hate you. You know that."
"I get reminded every day darling.".

---

"w..wildflowers...s..sam?" Sephora mumbled as she saw her self gazing at the purple wildflowers.
Feeling the breeze blowing through her hair.
She felt something actually going through her hair...trying to figure out what this new
sensation was she tried to lift her head, only managing to lift it a centimeter before collapsing
back into the darkness.

"This is going to take a loooooooong time. she told herself before she greeted the darkness again.

Once he'd reached the hospital room Tosh realised that he really didn't have a clue what to do with himself.
The teachery type berd who had stopped the fight was standing between the two beds and rabbited some typical teachery stuff at him. Tosh grunted a non specific type noise in acknowledgement. Adults were always stickin' their noses into kids stuff.
He wandered over to Maria's side and leaned against the wall, arms folded and glanced over at the other boy in the room.
He was being all lovey over the girl Sephora and Tosh looked away from all that raw emotion to save the other boy embarassment. She was obviously his berd an' guys could get all gooey an' act all weird over girls. Tosh knew he could be a right tosser at times, but he weren't gunna make fun of some kid for getting mushy when 'is berd was hurt. A slight smile twitched the corner of his mouth, besides, it'd been one hell of a fight, as good as any 'e'd been in back 'ome. He couldn't wait to see the sequel. He settled in comfortably against the wall and glowered silently at the teacher.

Sephora would twitch occasionally in her sleep, and Sam began to frown. Why had she been asleep for so long? Surely wasn't that hurt by the fight. Sephora muttered something, here eyes still closed, and Sam leaned in to listen.

"w..wildflowers...s..sam?"
"Wildflowers?" said Sam softly. "You still think about those?" He could only laugh at this. So she dreamt of the wildflowers in her hair and... and of him, did she? He blushed to himself but he couldn't help a wry grin. At that moment Sephora lifted her head slightly and collapsed back into the pillow. For only a centimeter of height, it sure sure made a very audible thunk. "Hey," said Sam. "Sephora?" There was no reply. He settled back into his chair forlornly and look over to the boy finally. Alright, you have to stop ignoring him at some point, Sam told himself.

"Oh, I remember you from the fight," he began, stating the obvious. "What's your name?"

Tosh raised an eyebrow in surprise, the boy was talking to him. Tosh was mildly annoyed, it's very hard to glower silently when you're chatting with someone. "Tosh," He grunted, "and you?" he asked grudgingly. Kicking himself mentally as he spoke. Now the kid would respond and they'd end up talking or the like. He tried to glower at the teacher girl again but the impact just wasn't the same.

"I'm Sam," he obliged but did not offer any more than that. Civility was over. "The girl you're scowling at is Head Girl," added Sam, not looking at Tosh in the least. He had never found himself so instinctively irritated by anyone so much as this boy before. He had been the one yelling at the girls to lay into each other, for his own amusement apparently. Sam's face darkened and he focused on Sephora's face as he gritted his teeth.

Sam would've liked to see someone lay into him and ask him how he liked it. These were little eleven year old girls, for goodness sake! Sam was twelve, but even he could tell that they shouldn't be brawling like that at this age. Gosh, sometimes he hated this school.

So, this bird was head girl aye? Tosh laughed to himself, she wasn't even an adult, just a wannabe.
He looked the kid up and down, his hostility was obvious and made Tosh smile. 'Sam' he'd remember that name. Seems the kid wasn't as soft as he looked.
Tosh looked down at the girl on the bed beside him, she was stirring slightly and grunted with the pain. Not one to whine obviously, however much of a debby she was dressed as. He didn't know if he would like this girl or not but he admired her grit and he was going to make damn sure no one hass'd her while she was down.

((just to say that I got Rowan/Maria's permission for the stirring and the grunting ;) ))

Maria missed the head girl's words, sinking back into painful unconsciousness before they entered her thoughts properly. The next time she stirred, there was some boy looking down at her. Her eyelids fluttered and she groaned in pain; her dislocated shoulder was at a really uncomfortable angle, but she didn't dare try to move it, for fear of making her ribs worse. Blinking again, she faded back out, content to stay unconscious until a nurse arrived to help.

((I think it's time that one of us wakes up now. I think the whole 'she's conscious...oh wait, not any more' thing is getting boring xP))

Sephora found her self walking into the Entrance Hall, spotting the large glass hourglasses thats holding the House points. Curious, she walked towards it and gazed at the coloured crystals sitting at the bottom of each hourglass;
"Hufflepuff used to be my old house" The painting beside the hour glasses spoke.

---Scene Change---

"What the hell Sephora?" Sam spoke behind her.
"This is not the time Sam..." She saw her self spoke.

Maria was sneering at Sephora

---Scene Change---

Sephora saw her self being pushed down on the stairs, her head landing harshly on to the marble steps, blood running down from the back of her head...

---

Sephora's eyes quickly opened, greeted by the bright lights and the un-holy white of the ceiling.
Her head throbbing painfully as she felt a piece of skull trying to make it's way out.
Unable to move her head to her left or her right, she spoke quietly as any sound would disturb her already painful head;
"I..I'm sorry Maria" Her gaze still at the ceiling, tears forming in her eyes.

Sam finally took a seat, his legs aching from standing for so long. The day had seemed to drag by for every moment Sephora was still asleep and though it had only been about half a hour, it was too long already. He stared at his knees as he sat slumped in a visitors chair, not even bothering to check for signs of life. She'll wake when she wakes, he thought glumly. Their night together in the common room had been a late one, and he still hadn't managed to catch up on the lost sleep. Sam rubbed his eyes, feeling for the shadows that he knew must be under them.

"I..I'm sorry Maria"
Sam nearly leaped out of his skin.

Sephora was finally awake and certainly looking much worse than he felt himself. A stab of sympathy shot through him and he furrowed his brow once more. If he continued to worry like this (over anything at all) he'd get permanent wrinkles. Even so, a smile twitched at the corner of his mouth. Well at least she was able to speak. The first words were an apology and Sam greatly approved. Even so, he stayed silent and looked at her face, the worry line re-appearing over his brow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back