Aftermath of the Showdown

Kiera turned as she heard the nurse behind her. "Oh good. Your finally here. I got the bleeding to stop but they are badly hurt." she told the woman. Kiera watched as she busily got to work healing them. Kiera turned back to the beds to see that Sephora was finally awake. Kiera glanced at Sam and gave him and encouraging smile. Kiera got up and walked to where Sephora could see her. "Hi. I'm Kiera. How are you feeling?" she asked kindly. She would save the lecture until the girls were both awake.

Sephora avoided Kiera's gaze, feeling guilty what she must have put Maria through and the embarrassing the whole Hufflepuff house.

"Dizzy...guilty." She spoke before turning her gaze around the room.
She spotted Maria and fresh tears came through;
"I...I never meant to hurt you...It's all my fault....I'm sorry" She whispered, she knew that she probably have suffered more from this physically but she couldn't help feeling bad for verballing abusing Maria.

She painfully rolled over so she could avoid facing Maria.
"It...IS my fault. I'm so stupid." Sephora sighed as she curled up into the fetal position.

Her gaze wandered around and she spotted Sam;
"S..sam...I'm...sorry." Sephora felt weak, it would take her ages to get over this.

The next time Maria woke up she was prepared, and waited with closed eyes for the pain to hit her.

And waited...

And waited...

When it became aparrent that she wasn't going to start hurting anytime soon, Maria decided to risk it, and open her eyes. The first thing she saw was light and she winced; it stung her eyes, and she closed them, blinking a few times before she decided to try and risk sitting up. With a groan she pushed herself up, leaning back on the headboard, her own head throbbing. She rubbed her face tiredly, already regretting sitting up and wanting to go back to sleep. She was too tired and muddled to even really remember what had happened, just focused on how tired and woozy she was.

Sam smiled kindly as she finally turned to look at him. “What are you apologising to me, for? You’re the one all busted up and broken.” He had to lie just a little bit to say this. Yes, he was hurt. But he was only hurt by the girl’s suffering and seeing the broken down girl who was his love. I shouldn’t be so damn sensitive, thought Sam to himself. I can’t even see a punch up without getting depressed. God help me if I ever see someone die. He went pale at the thought and inched closer to Sephora instinctively, as though trying to mentally shield her.

He picked up the hand closest to him and kissed it, looking down into her blue eyes. Perhaps he would get to the scolding later. Sam just couldn’t bring himself to talk harshly now.

Tosh leaned against the wall watched as the two girls woke. Sephora was whining on again, this time about how sorry she was and how guilty she felt but Tosh didn't doubt for a second that she would do the same thing again in the same situation so had little sympathy for such apolologies.
Maria stirred and slowly pushed herself up. She didn't look like she had much of a clue what was going on and Tosh had seen that plenty of times when him and his mates got into fights. If someone got hit on their head or suchlike.
"Yer in the 'ospital room. Yer was in a scrap. Do ya remember?"
He spoke slowly and clearly. He'd been where she was a few times and knew what it was like trying to sort out all the sh1t in your head.

Sephora found her self gazing at Sam's eyes and spoke calmly,
"I didn't want you to see me that way...it's not very often I loose my temper." Her voice was almost silent, only managing to talk in a feint whisper.

She felt her hand being kissed gently
"You know, your sweetness is killing me...but I love it" she gave a painful giggle.

Sephora felt the presence of another person in the room and recognized the voice who egged Maria on.
"Sam...that guy...I remember him" Her eyes watered as her head started throbbing again;
"...Is he the guy who egged Maria on?." She sighed as she broke her eye contact from him.

Sam didn't reply to this, but the look on his face said that she was right. No, he didn't hate Tosh, not in the least. But he still wanted to deck him.

"Perhaps," he said softly. "I didn't really notice anyone else while you two were pulverizing each other's faces," This wasn't strictly true, but now he was in a bad mood (or as bad a mood as someone like Sam could be in). He placed Sephora's hand down with deliberate caution and refused to look at anyone else. Maybe he ought to have been a bit more sensitive towards her.

You know what, Sam? How much more sensitive can you get? You might as well start crying when someone pulls a weed out of the garden, he thought furiously to himself. For the first time in his entire life, he wanted to punch something.

Sephora watched him as he placed her hand back down cautiously; thinking that she must have upsetted him too much.

Sighing heavily again she spoke;
"Yeah...pulverizing...yeah."She stared at the blank walls.
She wondered how unwelcoming the Hospital Wing really was.

The truth was, Sephora wasn't looking for a fist fight at all, in fact she only thought her argument with Maria would go as far as verbally abusing each other.
"Tick."
But Sephora wasn't expecting a full on blow to the head, let alone falling down the stairs or scratching Maria's face.

She curled into a ball, wishing that today never happened.
"Regrets?" asked her sub-conscious
"I hate myself." she muttered.

Sam felt like he had been punched in the stomach. What did she just say? How could she possibly think that? He couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Sephora was one of the sweetest people he knew of. Everyone got angry sometimes, and many people got into physical fights. Since when were you a bad person if you lost your temper?

He felt like the wind had been sucked out of him. Sam’s brow knitted together. “Sephora,” This isn’t your fault. He was lost for words. “Well, I don’t hate you,” he said firmly. “I-” love you. “Yes. Look. Everything will heal soon, but you have to relax about the whole brawling thing. Everyone’s smacked someone up before-” Okay, well Sam hadn’t. “- but it’s just physical What matters is the intention and your actual feelings. You don’t hate Maria, and I’ll be willing to bet that she doesn’t hate you. It was a stupid fight with a stupid reason, but it’s over.” Sam ran his hand through her hair again lightly, comfortingly. “Don’t fret about it.”

Sephora bit her lip, she wasn't meant to say that out loud.
"Hm. Maybe...but it's nice to know you think that way." that was all that she could say about Maria.

"Oh how much I wish the ground will just swallow me right now." She thought
"Even magic can't do that." her mind replied.
"It was a rhetorical statement." she snapped back.

Sephora felt it was time to change the topic to something different.
"So...how has your day been...before--" you walked in and saw me scraping with Maria "well. yeah...Surely you must have found something more--" less intense..."Interesting...yeah, interesting day?".

She mentally winced at her lame attempt at a question.
There were times when you know when you shouldn't speak - this was one of those times.

Kiera smiled as Maria woke up. She watched the exchange between Sam and Sephora without saying anything. She looked back at Maria, flashing the boy at her side a warning glance. "I need to talk to the two of you please." she said, not really asking. She waited for their agreement before she spoke again.

Sephora looked up at Keira.
"Lecture time." She sat back and braced her self for either a screaming lecture or a lecture about behaving.

"Okay. Can Sam stay though?" Sephora asked.

He had just been about to make some remark about cake or swimming, when Kiera mentioned that it was time to have 'the talk'. Sam was almost relieved, but not for Sephora's sake. Hopefully he would be able to stay, although he wouldn't be adding anything in to her behavioural talk. If anything, he might as well do that later if he had to. It seemed to him that it was entirely unnecessary, though. Sam didn't understand how it had come o blows, but by the look on Sephora's face when she woke up, it wouldn't happen again. he had no idea about maria, though.

He looked up at Kiera, waiting for a response. Sam was prepared to leave, but as he looked down at Sephora's apprehensive face, he just couldn't.

Kiera heard Sephora's request. She only paused a moment to think about it. She nodded her head and smiled at Sam. "He can stay but only if he is on his best behavior." she said, already knowing that he would be.

Maria looked over at the strange british boy talking to her, and slowly shook her head. "I don't... I don't remember." Even as she spoke though, it was all rushing back. The rage... the things Sephora had said to her. The angry part of her was disgusted with the other girl - how could she say such horrible cruel things, and then act as though Maria was the bad one? The angry part also happened to be the very tired part though, and she was unable to summon up enough rage to comment any further.

A sudden bout of nausea (dizziness induced?) hit her, just as Sephora and Sam continued their lovey dovey conversation, and she slowly dragged the pillow out from under her back, covering her ears, and indeed her whole face. She had almost dozed off again when the head girl spoke, the sharp words cutting through Maria's stupor, and she groaned. It felt like her whole mind was backwards; how was this girl expecting to tell her off when she could barely remember what she had done? She remembered being in the right, and that was about it. She removed the pillow and looked desperately at the other boy, hoping he would insist on staying too. Maria didn't think she could handle this alone right now, even if the boy was a complete stranger, his presence would help.

Tosh saw the look of desperation in Maria's eyes and settled further into the wall if that was possible. He didn't bother talking to the head girl. "Don't worry, I wouldn't've come on up 'ere if I was goin'a bunk out soon as the shite hit the fan." He said to Maria with a smile. Then looked up at the head girl with a calculatedly blank look on his face. He had no intention whatsoever of moving.

Maria smiled gratefully back at the boy, then rested her head back into the pillow, exhausted. She honestly didn't think she could stand another person telling her she had a bad attitude, and needed to shape up and fit in, she was just too exhausted. At least she wouldn't have to do it alone. This weird british guy was kinda grotty, but he seemed like the sort of person who'd at least stand up for her if she couldn't do it herself.

Sephora closed her eyes and sighed gently.
The British guy with Maria was starting to scare her, remembering that he was the one who urged Maria to fight - she wanted to say something about him, but she was afraid that it'll make the situation worse. '

Deciding to keep this information to her self, she slouched in her bed as she waited for Keira to talk.
"What are you so worried about?" Her conscious asked
"Everything."

She looked at Sam with sadness in her eyes as she sub-consciously reached for his hand;
"I'm not going to get out here alive am I?" she whispered so quietly that only he can hear before turning to face Maria and the British Boy.

Sam took her hand comfortingly and wrapped it in his own large ones. His comforting smile was heart warming, and he let one hand go to strokes her cheek, just once. "Sticks and stones, love," he told her quietly. "As long as you take in what Kiera's saying it will all be fine. Don't worry if things get ugly. You've done enough for the day. I'll take it from there," he meant if things got out of hand.

He leaned one the elbow on the bed beside her as he kept a hold of her hand. What a day she had had. I wonder how long she'll be in the hospital wing for? he wondered vaguely as he looked across to Kiera and the other two students.

In the end, Sam felt sorry for both of the girls.

Kiera turned to look at the Slytherin boy. "The behavior thing goes for you too." she said sternly. For some reason, she felt he would be giving her a problem.

Kiera turned back to Sephora and Maria. "I would like to know from each of you why you were fighting?" she asked, looking back and forth. She needed the facts from them before she could do anything about the problem.

Sephora looked at Maria before facing Keira, figuring that she mine as well her story first;

"Well, you see...I just wanted to be friends with Maria and I spoke to her very nicely as spite of what she says...Anyway, she started complaining about the House...and our 'stereotype' and...I don't really like that, because I believe you should at least accept your house and move on...Maria has been really...well, rude towards some other students too...all I wanted was to hear her to say sorry for what she said about Hufflepuff and I was going to leave her alone after that." Sephora bit her lip, she wasn't even sure if remotely half the things she said were correct, she faced Sam and whispered so only he could hear;
"...Did I say that right?....I can't even remember..." She twiddled her thumbs and looked down, she felt bad for what happened in the past few weeks.

Bored Tosh watched the head girl to see if she'd be taken in by such an obvious load of shite. His lip twitched in a small smile as he wondered if Sephora had herself convinced yet.

Sam quirked an eyebrow for a moment. "You forgot to mention the part where you threw each other down the stairs," he said quietly to her. He was just jesting. Why is that kid still here? he asked himself as he watched Tosh smirk to himself. Without realising it, the corner of his lip curled upwards slightly in both irritation and amusement. Sam sat himself down again with nothing more to say on the subject.

This all seemed ridiculous still, to him. All the time he was watching everyone's face, picking up every twitch of an eyebrow or lifting of a jaw. Just give them detention and be done with it, thought Sam, exasperated. Even he could see that Kiera was going to get absolutely no where, and he felt for their Head Girl. Well, Sephora won't do anything anymore, he thought firmly. If I have anything to do with it, they won't be seeing each other again. He rubbed at his throat unconsciously, wondering where these hard-headed thoughts were coming from.

"Oh, you're a liar!" Maria spat, finding another well of rage inside her that hadn't been drained by their battle. "You've never said a nice word to me! The first time we met you called me a prissy mama's girl because I said our house colours are ugly! Newsflash; they are!" As Maria spoke she was coming alive again, becoming louder and more animated, finding the fire that had been stolen from her by her injuries. "You're so busy being up on your high horse about what a bad person I am, you don't notice I've never done a single thing to you that you didn't prompt first. I'm never going to say I'm sorry, because I'm right. You've proved me right. Hufflepuffs are weak and up themselves." She fell into a stony silence, glaring at Sephora; daring the other girl to try and argue with her.

Kiera listened first to Sephora, and then Maria. Neither of the girls was blameless. They both had been fighting, and still were. Kiera's eyes flashed angrily as Maria said that Hufflepuffs were weak and up themselves. She turned to the girl with a glare on her face. "Don't insult the houses. Hufflepuffs just people. They have good and bad points but do not call them weak or say they are up themselves." she said, her voice low. Kiera had a temper when you attacked her love ones. A fierce expression was on her face, a look that would make anyone think twice. "My little sister and my boyfriend are in Hufflepuff. Do not insult them." she said, her chocolate eyes flashing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back