After the yule ball

Andrew Bruke

Andrew was very happy at the thought of the idea that Zazuka had the same feelings about him as he had about her.However, he wasn't going to reveal them so straight forward. He had asked Zuka if she wanted to go anywhere quite(i am confused with the spelling) and she had agreed because the crowd in the great hall after midnight was making it suffocating over there and the cool moonlight atmosphere looked welcoming to him.

He walked down the main steps and out to the lawn looking at the beautiful full moon that shone its light and made everything look more beautiful."Is Mike fine with having a dance rest?"he asked Zuka with a smile.

Zazuka laughed into her hand. "He should be realived. Mike can't dance very well so I told him he could just stand there and look like belonged while I danced. It worked out well enough." She said laughing again. She looked up at the full moon and her thoughts shifted a bit to Andy and how her knew school was handaling her condition then they came right back to Andrew. During thier dance she noticed that yes infact he could have the same feelings for her that she had for him.

This made her heart flutter like the butterflies on her dress seemed to do. "Is Kirsty ok with being alone for a bit?" She asked a bit worryed. However dark her thoughts had gotten lately she still cared for the feelings of the girl. It was just in her nature to care.

The idea that Mike couldn't danced made andrew more happy and he felt like jumping around."Yeah, Kirsty's okay.She was a bit tired now."he said truthfully."You know Zuka, you dance really well. Where did you learn it?"he asked her as they continued walking now they were near the lakefront.

Zazuka took in the sight of the moon sparkaling on the lake with a deep breath. "Looking though the windows of a dance studio that was in the town nearst mine. I learn all sorts of dances by just looking. I didn't really mind if the people walking by thought I was crazy because I liked the way they moved and wanted to move the way the girls in the dance studio did. You dance well too did you learn it at the Orphange?" She asked then put her hand over her lips. She may have just asked a bad question.

"Wow! Thats fantastic talent, just learning by looking at it"he said impressed."Yeah, I learned at the orphanage, a teacher had come to teach us"he exaplained."And there's nothing wrong in you mentioning it, its my past without which my present wouldn't have been what it is."he said with a smile at her.He wanted to add' I wouldn't have danced with you' but he didn't but he wished he would have done it.

Zazuka relaxed and let her hand slip from her mouth. "True, but there are times when the past is just little to painful to mention at the time. I'm really poor at seeing when those times are." She said her fingers fiddling with the edge of her jacket. "I see where that could be conesitered talent but really all I did was repeat the steps that where being instructed to the girls in the class. It was like the teacher had one more student than he counted on." She said with a laugh.

Andrew remembered their last visit to the forest where Zuka had told him about her family and how they were because she had magical abilities."I'm sorry to hear for the way your parents treat you."he said with aassuring smile that he was there with her."You know Zuka, you really have got talent.You have made a second prediction and no wonder you are a Ravenclaw"he said looking into her beautiful black eyes that were clearly visible behind the glasses.

Thought it a bit cold out Zazuka felt warm inside. It was probobly his smile. She could not get enough of it. She in return gave her best sunshiny smile while looking back into his eyes. What was it about them that drew her in? She was vagly aware that they had retured to the forest where she had gotter her latest phyic attack. She really called them attacks bacause she could not control them. "The first was about a friend and her tragety and this one I have no idea what it could mean." She said with a sigh. Normaly she would have been upset about this but she wasn't.

"I know about the first one.Kasey had been injured that night so she was in the hospital wing and told me about it."he said as they now approached the edge of the forest which was darker than usual."Do you feel scared about these prophecies?"he asked her hoping that she didn't feel scary about these things because he didn't like seeing fear in zuka's eyes like the one he had seen that day in the forest.

Zazuka shook her head. "No not actualy getting them. I don't remember them after it happens really. Though I think I'm starting to. I remember images flashing before my eyes before the world went black for me. Was it disturbing? Watching me in that state I mean." She said looking at the forest. Zazuka did not fear it, she rispected it and the daingers that it held especially at night.

"No. Actually, yes.i would hate to see you in the state you were fainting and ...you know your voice had gone all funny.I didn't know about this ability so I was so dam worried"he admitted.

Zazuka's cheeks burned. "I'm sorry for making you worry. I truly am." She said closing her eyes. Part of her was overjoyed that Andrew cared for her like that but part of her was scolding her for seeming so weak.

"Its okay and besides it wasn't your fault."he said staring at her face as she closed her eyes.Had he been giving a love potion or something.He had started to like the very single thing Zuka said or did.he thought."You are sure Mike won't be waiting for you yeah?"he asked her remembering that she was Mike's date not his."Are you guys like dating or friends?"he asked suddenly realising how personal he had sank into."Umm..sorry I didnt mean to ask that."he said his cheeks turning red.

Zazuka shook her head softly. "I don't know what made him ask me in the first place. He's dancing with Kira most likely. Cought them out of the corner of my eye. It doesn't bother me really. We're friends I think though I have been jinxing him for the better part of the semester." She said looking up. Her voice got a bit dreamyer with the thought of what she had tought herself this semester. Her cheeks went red a bit. "I don't really mind that you asked that if you don't mind me asking why you did." She said. It was a bit of daring on her part but she thought she might as well plung now that she was here.

Andrew was glad to hear that Zuka and Mike were just friends.He thought of telling Zuka about Kirsty and him but hoped that she wouldn't get too jealous about it. "You know me and Kirsty..we planned and made an aging potion and than well..you can imagine what would have happened."he said his cheeks turning red. He didn't want to hide anything from zuka if there was anything that was going to take place them. He wanted her to know everything about it."But now I come to think about it, I think what I did was wrong.I mean...like you know me and Kirsty were good friends but that was it.That aging potion ruined it all"he explained it all.

Zazuka looked down. "I didn't know about the aging potion but I could see how you looked at her spending alot of time with her. I notice things others don't you know. And well at first I was fine with it but then after a bit I grew jealous especially after what happened in here in the forest." She said placed a hand on her cheek. "You must think I'm absoluty horrable for it." Zazuka said. She very rarely got feelings like that. Not even in Willow's Rain when her father took her brothers on a day trip and she was left behind all by herself.

Andrew listened to Zuka's reply and the answer that said that she was being jealous totally proved that she had the same feelings for him as he did for her."Um..you know Zuka after that day in the forest I just realised that how I hadn't noticed that you existed for so long and I have just started noticing it all."he said taking a deep breath." And...I now..quite like you"he said his eyes sparkling with a mischieveous twinkle and a grin on his face.

Zazuka's eyes went wide as she looked up at him. She had taken in an unexpected deep breath. She looked at his face and smiled. The look in his eyes conforted her for some reason though she knew what it ment. "I r,r,really like you Andrew but I keep telling myself not to. Andrew you do have a girlfriend." She said stuttering a bit. She hated the way he could bring her stutter back even though she knew Andrew well enough. Even Brian who she only just given up on could not bring it back after a while of knowing him.

What could Andrew reply? Now she had said it, the thing he feared the most."Well, I ..can't u know carry on with her. I know I'll be hurting her but nowdays I usually go out with her so as not to break her heart.It was just the night of aging potion when u know i had feelings for her but than i feared what she would do if i said that i couldn't carry it on once we were back to ourselves."he explained looking at her wide eyes."Its you that I really like and what I dumbo I have been to take so much time in realising it"he said in almost a whispher.

Zazuka was tuched and frightened at the same time. The thought of hurting someone like this was almost too much for her. Yes she could laugh at someone falling or getting pelted with water balloons but that was fun stuff, harmless stuff. Zazuka's hand moved almost as if fightened to touch Andrew but she wanted to confurt him. Finally she was able to place her hand on his cheek. "What will you do?" She asked in the same tone. The dreamyness of her manner had all but dissapered at this point.

"I have no idea.That is the reason why I was afraid to tell you all this but I think I'll give her a nice present, tell her sorry ask her if she'd continue to be my friend.I'm sure she'll agree.I know her she isn't the type who cries and makes it a big deal but I also know it will hurt her but i'll try to make it hurt her very less."he exaplained.

As Zuka's hand touched his cheeks he felt like this was what he had been waiting for.He put his right hand on her hand which she has placed on her cheek.The other hand he put it behind her neck and under her hair bringing her closer to him and at the same moment making her lean on the tree.He leaned on her his face coming slowly closer to hers, finally he closed his eyes and kissed her a very emotional and passionate kiss.A hot burning sensation went through him as he continued to kiss her in the moonlight shower.

At first Zazuka didn't know what was happening. Or maybe she thought that her imagenation was working again. Making the situration what it wasn't sopped to be. Then she cought up. Dear Merlin this is real! She thought then lost all ability to think. She kissed him back with everything that she had been holding back. She just barly felt the tree at her back as her sences where ingulfed with something that she had been trying to idetify since the day she got her vision.

It had been a familer sent that reached her when she was close, very close close enough to kiss but she had not been able to name it. She could name it now. Pumpkin Spice, the same that her mother used when she baked cookies. It was one of the few fond memorys that she had of her house but none of that was comeing to her now.

Zazuka let it linger until she needed to breath. It was her first kiss after all. When she drew back she looked up at him, searching his eyes. "Oh god." She whispered. She had heard tails of first kisses but nothing had prepared her for what she had just expirenced.

Andrew had never been kissed this way.He had finally at last after about three weeks shown all his emotions to Zuka in this kiss but it wasn't enough.He had started liking her so much.As the broke apart he looked into her eyes and said"What did you excpect under mistletoe at midnight of Christmas?"he asked her with a grin pointing at the branch of mistletoe that hung over them.He bent once again to give her another kiss but this time it was more real, he sensed the rasbery flavour lipstick she had applied which just gave the perfect touch to their kiss making it more passionate.

Zazuka looked up before the next kiss and laughed softly. The perasic mistletoe had taken over this tree too and she was glade it did. Before she could do anything else Andrew's lips where on her's again. It was so much like the first but there was a little more feeling in it if that was possible. She had been talked into waring lipstick by Kailey which she had to remember to thank her for. Later though for now she wraped her arms around his neck as if to try and pull herself away from the tree. A soft crunch brought her back to reality with a gasp. Could others be here?

Andrew's emotions had taken a new rise as Zuka wrapped her arms around his neck but the crunch broke them apart.Maybe someone was coming he thought."Do you want to go and sit by the lake?"he asked her still looking as if he was lost in her eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back