Adventuring...

Ford Harkonnen

Wand
It's made of wood, I suppose
Ford sauntered down into the dungeons, past the Slytherin common room, and pulled his wand out. He was tired of sitting in the common room or library, and needed to stretch his legs and explore the dark claustrophobic spaces of the castle.

Kale walked down to the dugeons, where he have never ventured down to until now. With his wand in hand, he had a feeling that someone would be there so it wasn't a surprise when he saw him standing in the dark. "Hey Ford" he said with a nod, wondering if anyone else would possibly come down there to check things out.

"Kale," Ford said upon turning and seeing his fellow Slytherin, "Lumos!" He ignited his wand and thus revealed an old and molding hallway with a bronze door, green with oxidation. The hall faded into blackness further on.

Having wandered the school out of boredom, Estrella was not surprised to see Ford and Kale peeking around the dungeons. She grinned, and asked, "Exploring, guys? Mind if I join?"

George never really one was for rules. While he wasn't aware of any that forbode him from coming into the castle, he was sure it wasn't really acceptable behaviour, which, in his eyes, made it all the more appealing.

His eyes had long since adjusted to the darkness down here, and his hand trailed lazily along the wall, slick with the damp. He turned a corner in the murky corridor, and for a split second, he made out human-like shapes in front of him, before he heard a murmured spell and the corridor was suddenly filled with light. It startled him, and he stepped backwards, tripping on a loose stone and fell to the floor with a thud.

"Bugger". He muttered.

Bruin was pretty observant and when he noticed Ford and Kale head down into the dungeons, he knew he must follow his "brothers". Bruin pulled his wand from his pocket as he descended some stairs and came upon a larger than expected group of students. "Alright, what is this motley looking crew up to???"

Bruin reached down and offered George a hand up.

Noticing Bruin and Estrella, he grinned. "Hey, you two."

Kale didn't really know what Ford was doing down in the Dungeons but thought it would be a cool oppurtunity to check things out down here. "Actually, I dunno Bruin." he let out a small laugh. "What are you up to down here, "brother"?" with a sly smile he looked at Bruin.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!!!", Bruin deadpanned... "And it would appear that I am in good company to do so."

George looked up at Bruin, recognizing him from Hogsmeade but not too sure on a name. He accepted the hand and hauled himself to his feet.

"Cheers, mate" He said with a nod. He adjusted the messenger bag he was wearing slung across his body, and checked to make sure the contents weren't damaged.

Observing the group of students gathered in the hall way, he raised a lone eyebrow sceptically. This was odd. He pulled his own wand out, and muttered a casual 'lumos', to create some additional light.

Ford nodded to all the new arrivals, "It seems we all wish to explore," he said dispassionately and looked over his motley collection of adventurers, it was like a muggle film. "I vote for that bronze door back there," he pointed to it with his wand.

Kale followed Fords lead, "The bronze door sounds like a good idea.." With that, he looked towards Bruin, George and Estrella to see if they would be "game" for it as well.

Bruin uttered Lumos! and headed in the direction of the bronze door. "Surely we don't have to vote on everything around here!!!", he said with a laugh, thinking back to the ridiculously large number of Yearbook categories there were.

Ford sauntered over to the door, "Nox," he said and put his wand at the ready. He tested the doorhandle: it didn't budge, "It's jammed," Ford said, he stopped and thought about this conundrum. "Any ideas?"

Approaching the door, not fair behind Ford he observed his attempt at opening the door. "Wait a minute..." Kale scracted his chin. Removing his wand from his pocket he pointed his wand toward the door and uttered Alohamora!

((I think thats the right spell? lol))

"Isn't there some Aloha-moro spell or something for unlocking things..." Bruin offered almost simultaneously to Kale, hoping he didn't sound like a complete idiot.

"That's it," Ford nodded to Bruin just as the door clicked open and popped inwards towards the room. The musty smell of mildew eminated from the cracked door, "Kale," Ford said, "You opened it." He beckoned him to open the door.

(be back in a few...just god mod me into the room for now...I trust you guys ) :o

Kale wasn't expecting the spell to actually work at first, but at the sound of the lock coming loose, he was struck dumbfounded. "Sweeet" he muttered. Pushing the door in front of him, he peered into the dark mildewey room, "C'mon guys..lets go!" he ordered in amazment.

Ford entered cautiously, looking for anything that could pose a threat. Nothing came to view, ambient light given off by a mysterious form of lichen bathed the room in a dim bluish-green light. The room was a small square stonewalled room with a low ceiling. There was a broken table in one corner, with a chest closed in the corner, and a door on the opposite wall.

Bruin followed Ford into the rather small room and noticed that it was pretty barren, except for a chest and table. "Do you suppose there is anything interesting in that chest?", he offered.

"Only one way to find out," Ford said, as if it really did not matter. He walked over to the chest and tried opening it manually, and as he expected, it didn't budge. He pointed his wand at the chest and incanted, "Alohomora!" There was a dull thud and the chest opened with a creak.

Ford peered in and looked down into a swirling mass of red lava, cascading over a ledge. He vomited out of the box onto Ford's face. Dark obsidian rock seemed like a black hole compared to the bright red orange of the lava. He looked up at the rest of the party, and merely shrugged.

Bruin wasn't exactly sure what had happened, but pointed his wand at Ford and said Aguamenti, sending a jet of cool, refreshing water in Ford's direction in case he needed cooling off. "Umm, I think I'll try the door...", Bruin stated.

Ford wasn't really expecting a jet of water and just stood there perplexed for a bit, but he respected Bruin, so he let it pass.

"I'll have to keep that thing in mind," Ford said matter-of-factly, "I wonder where that was?" he mused aloud. He then kicked the chest's lid closed, and waited for Bruin to open the door.

Kale stood behind Bruin and Ford, and watched until one of them to crack the door open to see the other side. Standing in silence, he was beginning to feel a bit disoriented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back