Adventure awaits

Artemis took his hand happily and bounced to her feet, even though she hadn't needed the hand. "Thank 'ye!" she trilled merrily. Art really was as overjoyed as she appeared- she had been barely able to turn a chicken into a toad, and now she could send out a legitimate stunning spell. If she was concentrating anymore, she may had accidentally knocked him unconscious or hit him with all three spells. She hadn't even known there was a Stupefy Tria. Art would never be a great dueler, but at least she could defend herself magically.

"'Ye should let me teach you a few physical moves. I'm only just learning the really hard technical stuff, but I can still do some awesome stunts!"

Boy, Chase was so cool to teach her all these awesome defensive and offensive spells that she wouldn't have dared try otherwise.

Chase beamed at her, "It would be a pleasure to learn some moves from you, I bet you are quite skilled, and you could probably beat me no problem, until I actually learn what I am doing that is." Chase teased. He really liked Artemis, she was really cool and she was dedicated, she would listen to a teacher, she would make a deadly enemy, he was just glad to have her as a ally, "I'm glad I'm not against you, I would be dead by now I fear." Chase told her and laughed again, he looked around and didn't know what to make of the school, it was so peaceful, there had been some students that had been watching their little duel, he would not disappoint them by stopping now he whirled around and pointed his wand at Artemis, "Stupefy!" He yelled and he watched the spell whirl towards her.

"Ha!" cried Art as she flipped backwards in a perfect gymnasts move, feeling the rush of the spell just under her back and she somersaulted over it. She landed perfectly on her feet with a tiny bounce, and spread her hands like a ringmaster in the circus. "Tada!". Chase had probably wanted her to counter the spell, but now it was time to teach him a few things.

"Would 'ye like to learn a thing or two?"
she asked him mischievously.

This time, she slipped her wand into a little pocket in her dress and turned to face him. "Let's do some sparring of a different kind." Just as he had done to her, she immediately launched an easy high kick to his face, knowing he would probably be able to block it. "I got bored with just socking people who pushed me around." she told him as she launched another kick, this time faster. "So I thought I'd think of some more creative things to do with my strength." Out flashed her hand to catch him in the side with a chop-like motion. Art was just playing around a little to see what he knew.

Chase was surprised, she thought she could hit him, he blocked both kicks and stopped her hand with his wrist. "Well, well, somebodies been practicing." Chase said and laughed. Chase flipped backwards and landed on his feat, "What's next on the list of things your gonna try and teach me?" Chase said and he immediately sent a left hook and a right hook at her, he wanted to see if she could block him, he broke off the hooks and swept around her, putting her into a headlock. "Free yourself." He instructed.

"Just making sure 'ye knew what 'ye were doing." said Art jovially as he blocked each move just as she had expected him to. "Who taught 'ye this stuff, though?" she asked curiously as she batted away each punch with her left and right forearm. Suddenly she found herself in a headlock. It seemed that Chase thought he would have the upper hand in this fight, being older and apparently stronger. "Free yourself." he said, and so she did. Artemis gripped both of his arms and pulled them apart gently, trying not to hurt his arms. Out she slipped and stepped behind him.

She gave a bounce and wrapped her arms around his neck easily as though on piggy-back, wrapping her legs around his waist from behind. "Free yourself," she told him as she tightened her death grip.

Chase laughed, "Simple enough." He said and he did a backflip through the air, he hung in the air facing upwards for a minute and felt her grip loosen, she fell off and he fell back down and caught her, "Like I said, simple enough." Chase said and laughed. He set her down on her feet and backed off a little bit, giving her room, "What's next?" Chase asked her. Chase slid behind her and grabbed her arms and held them firmly in his hands. "Free yourself without letting go of my hands."

"Ye didn't tell me who taught 'ye all this," said Artemis as her arms were pulled behind her. She had blushed when he caught her like that, but was too well into the fight to lose her cool now. "Simple enough," she joked as she pulled her entire body forward so that Chase fell onto her back. She rolled him over herself till he was flat on his back on the ground, now holding her arms in an awkward position. Art broke his grip easily and proceeded to sit on the fallen boy so that she was facing him.

Without warning, she began to tickle him, giggling to herself as she got the most ticklish spots she knew.

Chase burst out laughed and shook her off, he retreated to a safe distance, "Something like that will get you killed in a real fight, you know." Chase said still laughing and sat in the shade under a nearby tree, "As too who taught me all of this, I like to keep that knowledge a secret." Chase told her. He looked at her, she was certainly a good fighter, and she would be able to take down most enemies, but she needed to make sure she concentrated, even in lessons. Lessons were the most important, even though they were only to make ourselves better, we still needed to concentrate.

"Aye, but it would be a damn good way to go," she beamed at him, wriggling her fingers. She pursed her lips with a sigh as he refused to tell her who had taught him so well; not many students had that sort of ability, and she was aching to know. Even so, Artemis knew her place and when not to push things so she said nothing more on the subject.

"I suppose I'd do better if I was being truly serious, but my mind flitters about a lot. It's hard to control," she told him, wistfully dreaming of herself as tall warrior princess fighting for justice. Chase would have made an awesome big brother. Greg and Simon were very strong like her but were kind and sensitive unlike she and her sisters, who were fierce and energetic.

"Can we do this again?" asked Art, her eyes sparkling.

Chase looked at her, she was growing on him, he had to be careful not to develop strong feelings for her, it would not be very healthy, Chase was more of a loner, even these meetings annoyed him, but he enjoyed Artemis's company, plus she was too young for him it would not be good if he developed romantic feelings for a third year. Chase nodded to himself and stood up, "Depends what you want to do. Wand work or sparring?" Chase stood there waiting for a response. He knew what she would say thought and he immediately ran at her, throwing a punch and imediately breaking out of it and putting her into a headlock, whilist also locking her hands in place with his free hand. "Free yourself." He repeated.

Suddenly he had her trapped, and this time nothing was free but her legs. Artemis too was a little bit taken with the older boy, but he was far too cool to be thought of romantically. Besides - she was too busy trying to fight her way out of his grip to think of things like that. "I'm sorry," she told him in sympathy. "But ye've left me no choice." With that, she drew her leg up and aimed a well-placed kick to his knee. It surely would hurt, but she would never break any of his bones (nor had she deigned to aim higher).

As soon as she had sent the painful crack to his knee, she flicked the same leg around the back of his to knock them out from under him. Artemis was resourceful and not above cheating, and so promptly bite his on the arm to release her head and neck. Never once did she go all out on him, for fear of hurting him more than necessary. One slip and she could break limbs without a second thought. "Sorry," said Art as she twisted his wrist to free her own. "Sorry!" she said again as she pinned him to the grass. She wasn't sure as to how he'd react with this half-hearted onslaught.

Chase was enjoying this, she wasn't holding back and he didn't wanted her to, he flipped her other his head nimbly and pinned her down in his place, "Hmm.. This is fun." Chase said and laugh. "Next time I will trap your legs as well." Chase noted that she would probably still be able to free herself but he would worry about that when it happened - if it happened. "What do you want to try next?"

Chase laughed at himself, he was enjoying this more and more each time she managed to release herself, it gave him a challenge, he let her up and held out his hand for her to help herself with.

Artemis took his hand with both of hers, unable to wrap her entire hand around his in order to pull herself up. "Thanks!" she said, before whipping out her wand at lightning speed. "Stupefy!" she cried at point-blank range, wand aimed directly at his chest. The spell came spiraling out with precision and she almost danced in her approval of her well shot spell.

She would have to remember to send a Christmas present to Chase when she was wrapping up the last bits and pieces. She had never made a friend this fast before, and contrary to her boisterous appearance, Artemis was shyer than she looked. It was very good fortune that they had happened to meet like this, (although it would be to Art's eternal shame that she had fallen on him like a fool.).

"Dodge it or block it!" she cried, laughing and bubbling with energy.

Chase jumped, far above the spell, and it zoomed past him, "There ya go. Anything else?" Chase said and laughed, he landed behind her and he grabbed her arms, with one of his and locked her legs in place with his leg, and he waited, "Free yourself." Chase instructed. This would be the challenge of the day, he wanted to see if she could free herself, so he made it harder, he applied more pressure and held her in place. With his free hand he drew his wand, "Stupefy." He said. "Free yourself whilist dodging the spell." He added.

This time, Artemis was well and truly pinned. If she didn't dodge she's most likely be knocked unconscious. Yet she couldn't dodge. What then was she meant to do? Grinning, she threw her head back into his chin, knocking him backwards and shifting his aim. With Chase sufficiently distracted, she simply ducked out of his grip with the spell hitting his own chest at the same time. Despite being strong, Art was fragile. A spell like that would at least might have her down for the count, but Chase would most likely be dazed since it was just a mock battle.

Like a monkey she ducked between his legs and ran out the other side to give him a little push into the grass. "Boy, you're good." said Artemis in awe. Her large hazel eyes widened at him. "Why, I haven't had a fight like that since sparring with Henric!"

Chase was dazed, one he had regained his mind he laughed, "Likewise to you. This is a lot of fun, I've never had a fight like this since I began to fight." Chase didn't know how long it had been since he had learnt to fight, but this was definitely the most fun he had had since then. Chase moved over towards a tree and sat underneath it, "T'is time to rest. We can continue later if you wish, but I'm a little weak after being attacked by my own spell. Which was a stroke of genius on your part if you ask me." Chase told her honestly.

"Thank 'ye!" said Art as like a puppy being praised. Chase really was overwhelming to her. She hadn't met anyone who was this much fun since last summer with her brother Simon as they played in the park. Slowly but surely, Artemis was growing up more and more, and had already learned more about transfiguration in one day than she ever had in the two years of being here at Hogwarts.

There was a ringing in the distance, signaling lunch in the Great Hall. "Ye coming?" asked Art with a grin, though she knew he might not. On impulse, she leaned down to give her new friend a hug that nearly squeezed the life out of him. "Thank 'ye again for everything. Do let me send you a Christmas present!"

Chase nearly died, "That's quite a bear hug." Chase said. He looked at her, did he want to go to lunch or not? "Sure, I'll go to Lunch with you." Chase said, "Well, as friends, you know." Chase said and burst out laughing, he got up and began walking off towards the castle, he stopped about half way up the hill and waited for Artemis to catch up, "Come on Artemis, lets go." Chase said and he continued walking towards the castle.

Chase arrived at the door to the great hall and he waited there for Artemis, he had not been into the great hall for a while because it was always too noisey for him and he didn't like a lot of noise, it was really annoying.

Their relationship had begun with dueling and sparring, and now they were off to the Great Hall for lunch. On short legs, Artemis raced to catch up to Chase. Where is he finding the energy from? she wondered as the little girl was quite exhausted. She too laughed when he said 'just as friends.' "No, and certainly not as enemies," she replied. "Although next time we fight I promise to beat 'ye down!" she teased, poking him in the ribs.

Eventually she made it to the Great Hall. Art was receiving a few weird looks from the students around her; generally about her height yet thin stature, but also because she was covered head to foot in grass stains. In fact there was still a clover stuck to her nose, although she didn't realise it. "S'a bit crowded in here, dontcha think?" she commented to Chase in her cockney English accent. "Would 'ye like ta grab something then go outside again?". That's what Art was hoping, anyway. She winced as a large fifth year boy trod on her foot and didn't apologise. It had hurt, and she screwed up her nose as tears came to her eyes. "Poop," she muttered to herself, purposely not looking at Chase in embarrassment though still sniffing.

(( Scuse me for a few minutes, just going to eat dinner! ))

Chase noticed what the boy did to Artemis, he unoticeabley aimed his wand at him
Stupefy Chase thought, the boy went flying out of the Hall, Chase just kept on walking as if nothing had happened, "Yes. That would be better then staying in here, way too crowded and way too noisey." Chase said, he immediately grabbed a few sandwiches from the table, stuffed three in his pocket and began eating one, "I'll wait for you at the door." He told her and he began walking off, when he got to the door, he saw that boy he had hit, lieing unconscious on the floor Wow, I didn't mean it to be that strong.

Artemis watched in astonishment as the older boy was thrown forward seemingly out of nowhere. She stood with her mouth open for half a moment, before stuffing her fist there to giggle with tears of laughter instead. She snuffled silently into her fist as the boy flopped to the floor, apparently unconscious. Quick smart, Artemis swiped a few cheese and watercress sandwiches from the tray and scampered off to rejoin Chase.

She gave him a conspiratorial look before grabbing his hand that was not filled with sandwiches to run out the door, leaving behind a very confused group of people who were crowded around the boy. When they reached the bottom of the hill she stopped and collapsed with laughter, flopping onto the grass and laughing till the tears ran down her face.

"Oh, jolly good shot!"
she told him, trying to get her giggles under control.

Chase burst out laughing, "You noticed that, did you? Doesn't matter, I did it for you, not gonna let some dude think he's better then you just because he's older." Chase said noticing she couldn't stop laughing, "Deep, controlled breaths help calm you done." Chase told her, "I'm not all spells and fighting, I do know proper medical procedure, crazy enough for you?" Chase asked her. I wonder if that boy would ever come looking for me having realised it was me, if he does, maybe a window this time? Chase immediately dismissed the thought, though it would be funny.

Finally she managed to fall silent, letting out a calmed breath just like he had told her too. "Generally I let them do as they please unless they hurt me," Artemis told Chase with a sigh. "Then I slug them in the gut. But he just stood on my toe, and it wouldn't be quite fair since he couldn't hit me back." She had once been described as a cockroach - small, fast and impossible to kill. It wasn't her favourite nickname by far.

So he knows all that medical mumbo-jumbo too, does he? "Wow, ye're like a man-of-all-work!" she told him, amazed. "The only reason I know about all that stuff is 'cause my da's a Healer." It was then that she realised she knew little to nothing about Chase. She knew that he could fight - but how? Who was this mysterious boy?

Chase finished one of the sandwiches he had and immediately got another one out of his pocket, "Well, that is quite interesting. I'm so glad your not my enemy. I don't like being slugged in the gut, it would hurt quite a lot." Chase said and laughed. He sat down under the same tree he had sat under earlier today. It was certainly way too noisey in there and he would only go in there again if he really had to.

Chase laughed, "There are some things even I don't know, you know. I just happened to learn the important things." Chase admitted, "Medicinal practices are important so I learnt them. Hand-to-hand combat is important so I learnt that. Magic is important because why else would be attend a school for it?" Chase said and laughed.

Artemis smiled at him before tucking into her own sandwich. "I don't have any enemies. I like everyone." she told him with a tiny piece of lettuce poking from the corner of her mouth. "Anyway, I've been told not to punch people like that since I broke a boy's jaw last year." she said to Chase conversationally as she pressed the piece of lettuce in and gave it a munch.

"That's a good philosophy to have anyway, keeping oneself educated. I ought to learn Gobbledygook, just in case I meet a full-blooded goblin. Sometimes I come out with some myself when I'm very angry or excited, but I can never repeat it the next time."

"But there are still things I don't know about 'ye," said Artemis. "Like yer last name, yer house and who ye're going to the Yule Ball with!" she exclaimed as though they were the most important things in the world. Hopefully it didn't sound as though she wanted to know about the Yule Ball for an ulterior motive - Art was already going with someone. But whatever the case, she would love to meet whoever he was taking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back