Adoption Agency; Has this been suggested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angela Marion

OOC First Name
Cole
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
So, I've noticed that there is quiet a few characters that are orphans, living on their own, adn have to improvise houses and adoption/foster houses for their character. So, I was thinking, maybe there could actually be an adoption agency. it would be a business, with three to four helpers, preferably healers or other mother and caring persons who could take care of children that would have abandonment issues. i have a few plans made out, and i have a character that I could use as the owner, if I brought her back. i even have someone active (Angela that is) that could team up with someone older for the business.

Really i wasn't certain where to post something about this, so this is as good a place as any. i have quiet a few plans, rooms picked out and the location is up for debate. if more information for the admins is needed (because i'm assuming it would need Admin approval) then I could gather it up and present it in a topic. i really have good ideas for this, and I would love to get this together for those who want to create characters that are on the run, or whose parents have met an unfortunate fate! I think it would be a cool addition to the site!

Let me know what you think, and if it would be possible for this to be created!

Hey Cole,

For a while we had a "Hogwarts Halfway House" forum which sort of addressed these issues - a place for students to stay between time at school if they didn't have another place to go. We found that it was largely unused.
So, I don't think an adoption agency formally needs creation on the in-character side of the site. I think people can just make arrangements with each other OOC then RP as if they'd gone through some agency that exists.

If there is such a great demand for something, the halfway house could make a reprise - but it'd have to be used this time around. :tut:

Also to add to what nick said there are already a few adults around who are more than happy to adopt people For example I have Morgan Le Fey who is known to take in any children who need a house. and I think that there are others like that around.

I would suggest maybe a new section in the Ministry some weird complex name for basically saying “We keep an eye on Magical Children who have been abandoned”
The Ministry members could monitor and keep an eye on Abandoned children, make sure they don’t use their magic for bad if they get into a bad situation with a bad foster family, allocate and organise homes for them to stay at and maybe even track down their real family.

That way if you have plot ideas you will have a group of Ministry officials who can help you out, help create a story for your character?
If this makes sense...

I like Ash's idea. But I was also around during the time of the half way house and it really was hardly ever used. When I was on, only like two characters were even using it, and it bothers me that people will not use it again. Though I do agree with Ash, having a ministry group for such a reason could be difficult. For starters Nick and Cyndi would likely have to make an entire new group, what kind of marks would the people have to have had to work in that section of the ministry. And lastly, would the ministry, really set aside an entire section for such a type of work? Like social workers? I just don't think it sounds realistic...

As Nick stated in his first post, there doesn't seem to be a need for anything formal at this point. Several members of the site have created social workers and psychologists who could be used to help the children who are in need of such services. I dont think making a new branch of the Ministry makes sense at this point and branches that already exist could be used for this purpose. For instance, I could see the Magical Law Enforcement Squad having people who specialize in protective services.

Again, I think anyone interested in having a social worker involved in their plot should post in the plot development area since there are such characters.

wow! So much feedback so quickly. i do thank all of you for your input,a dn i can see why there wouldn't be a need for that. i do like Ash's idea as well, though Cyndi's point makes sense. Thanks for clearing that all up for me you guys :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back