Closed A Very Cullen Christmas

Casper was sure that he hadn't spoken this much to anyone since Eddie had found him after he had run away. "I... I suppose that makes sense," He admitted gently, biting his lip. "I don't know if he could handle my... mess." He told her softly. He hesitated at her question. "Yeah," He answered gently. It wasn't exactly a lie. He had his emotions back under control, at least. That had to count for something, right?

Briar was glad that Casper had trusted her with his problems. even though she couldn't really help him. "I think he can handle more than you would think, and you won't know unless you give him a chance" she said. she had said before that linden was the person she would most trust with a heart. it wasn't that anyone else would hurt it intentionally but linden was probably the most caring and nurturing out of the family. and if he had broken Casper's heart it would have either been unintentionally or as gently as he could. "That's good to hear. and I am here if you ever need me" she said. though she hoped that next time she was not having to consol one son because of the other. the conversation had the air of being finished with the last question but not quite concluded "Are you are you don't want a drink or anyhting to eat?" she asked. giving them both an out if they wanted it.

Casper considered what Briar said, thinking about what to say in response. Casper was worried... he felt like he was a lot of trouble as it was. If Linden realized how much more trouble Cas was, would he really still want Casper around? He bit his lip, nodding slowly at what she said. "Okay, thank you, Mrs. Cullen," He gave her a shy smile. He shook his head quickly at her question. "No, no, I- I'm okay, thank you." He took a few steps back. "I should go find that hoodie, thank you," He gave her a shy smile before hurrying away.

Cas found his way to Lindens room easily. He sighed, running his hands down his face as he collapsed back against the door. He took a few deep breaths, before looking around. Lindens room was oddly familiar. It was just... Linden. Warm. The bed was messily made with some clothes on top, the bedding a faded dark blue, shelves with old textbooks were undoubtedly filled with animal books. All of the little knickknacks and paintings Cas had given him were scattered on display here and there. There was the Quidditch poster Cas had painted for Linden when Lin was mad on the wall. Cas smiled softly.

Cas smiled at the lined boxes in one corner. Linden always had something laying around for the strays he found. Cas shifted the clothes off the bed and onto the desk chair. The desk was cluttered too, with bits and bobs and owl food and papers and some more animal books, muggle books of the Australian and New Zealand animal life. Cas smiled again.

He sighed, slipping off his shoes before falling onto the bed. This was Lindens world. Where did he even belong here? He sighed, rolling onto his side to face the wall, the snowflake catching his eye. He reached up, tracing his fingers over the ornament gently. He thought about that night, trying to reconcile how bad he felt with the way he felt for Linden. He sighed, shutting his eyes.

briar watched casper head towards lindens room as she put the last drinks into the esky and made her way back out to the party she set it down near the table and then went over to where her sister and son were chatting away. waiting a few moments for madlyn to finish her story about a thestral that got out in the park and they were having trouble finding it. "hey lin, Casper was just inside looking for you. saying something about returning a hoodie. I sort of upset him so you might want to make sure he is okay" she said. She watched as her son sprinted off towards the house before looking at her sister. "he didn't have his bag with him" she said as though that cleared things up.

Christmas this year was big. with the addition Stan and Cas, came with the rest of the becketts, plus one of his mums aurors. there were just so many people. it meant that trying to spend time with cas, his boyfriend, was harder than it should be. but also meant that when they did get some time it would take them longer before they were realised as missing from the party. but then where was cas. he had gone missing.
he had just skirted the party when he ran into his aunt madlyn. she had asked him how school was going "Fine, I am getting good grades" and which which NEWT classes he was doing "all the ones needed to be a magizoologist" which led to talkign about the sanctuary. it was great to talk to her especially with her stories of escaped creatures, and animals nearly getting the wrong food. but he was meant to be looking for cas. he was glad when his mum joined them it meant that he was able to slip away. what he hadn't expected was for his mum to tell him that cas was looking for him too. and that she had upset him. "What did you say?" he asked but he was already running towards the house before she could answer.
he slowed to a walk when he went inside the fly door slamming behind him. he couldn't see cas which meant there was one place he would likely be. he headed to his room the door was firmly shut. he knocked gently "Cas, are you in there" he asked before slowly opening it, it was his room after all. he could see his boyfriend curled up on his bed stroking the snowflake he had attached to the headboard. he shut the door behind him and locked it with a silent spell. he had finally found some time with his boyfriend he didn't want it interrupted by an Addison trying to find the bathroom or a Tara barging in. he walked over to the bed "Are you okay Cassopiller" he said sitting down next to him and wiping his hair from his face. he couldn't see his expression as he was faced away at the wall. before lying down and putting his arms around his boyfriend.

Casper nearly jumped out of his skin at the knock on the door. Automatically, he hid his face in Lindens pillow, trying to hide his tear stained cheeks. His breath caught when Linden wrapped his arms around him, and he relaxed, leaning back into the other man. Cas shifted, rolling around to snuggle into Linden. He didn't speak, not trusting his voice not to break. Instead he just burrowed his face in Lindens neck, sighing softly. Automatically he relaxed a bit more, comforted by the familiar earthy scent of Linden and the other man's warmth. Cas was a very cuddly creature, and thankfully Linden seemed to be okay with indulging Cas' sillier needs.

Linden felt cas move and roll towards him "ahh there is my handsome boyfriend. I was looking for him" he said before he saw his face damp with tears before he hid it against his shoulder. he rested his head against caspers "I've got you now, you are safe" he said kissing his hair softly wondering what his mum could have said to upset him so much. he held him close and stroking his back in a calming way and didn't want to destroy the moment by talking. so he just stayed like that for a few moments before he spoke again. "cas, are you alright?" he whispered again still holding onto his man.

Cas was content not to say anything. For all that he felt silly for it, he needed these kinds of moments. Just being held. He nodded softly at Lindens question, knowing it was probably one that he had to answer. "I'm fine," he promised softly, his voice small. He wasn't sure Linden would believe it, but Cas had always tried to work under the assumption that if he said it often enough it would be alright. Cas had buried a great deal of things down where he wouldn't have to face it. "I'm sorry... I know I'm no fun. You don't have to stay, go back and enjoy the party." He tried to reassure Linden. Though despite his words, Cas didn't try to move away.

Linden held his man close enjoying having his man in his arms. hmm he hemmed at Caspers response not sure that he believed it. you don’t look it. Whatever mum said I’m sorry. And I love you” he said.
as cas said that he should be enjoying the party he pulled away slightly so that he could see his face. ”casper. I was looking for you at the party so that we could get some alone time. I would much rather be here being non fun with you than at the party.” he said. Then he smiled. well at least until food is ready. The lamb smells amazing already, You can’t miss chante and lens cooking and the what ever kind of soup the becketts brought looks delicious he joked. Kissing cas lightly on the top of his nose.

Last edited:
Cas smiled softly. He wasn't sure if it was a good thing or not that Linden saw through him so easily. Maybe he was just that obvious. He sighed softly as he apologized for his mom. "You don't have to apologize," he spoke softly. "I love you too," he murmured. He still didn't quite think they meant the same thing when they said that, but it was nice to pretend. He whined lightly when Linden pulled away, peeking up at him through his messy bangs. He swallowed hard. Lin had been looking for him? Cas sighed softly, unable to help the smile as Linden joked and kissed his nose. Cas sighed softly, reaching up to run his fingers over Lindens collar. "Some sort of soup, uncle Abner and uncle Eddie have this thing for soups," he shrugged, leaning in to bury his face in Lindens neck again.

linden shook his head slightly. "She can be a bit blunt at times. she doesn't mean anything by it. it is just who she is" he said. gently wiping the tears from caspers cheeks and placing kisses there instead.
he smiled at the comment. "we certainly can't miss uncle Abner and uncle Eddies mystery soup can we and ivy has made a trifle that she will not let me not try" he said as cas hid against his shoulders again. he liked that his boyfriend liked being that close to him and he did feel comfortable having Caspers warmth in his arms but when he was sad and snuggled like that it meant he couldn't see him or kiss him. instead, he reached his hand up and ran it through Caspers hair. 'Merry Christmas boyfriend" he said appreciating how great it sounded.

Casper shook his head, not liking Lindens assumptions. "No, she was- she was really nice," he admitted, before the guilt kicked in. "I- um, Lin, I messed up," He spoke softly. "I... I accidentally told her we kissed. And- I sorta panicked, and told her way too much, not, um- not that we're dating, or anything, but- she knows-" Cas stopped himself, stammering and shaking his head. She knows too much about how I really feel, He added in his head, unable to really tell Linden yet. Casper had just started getting the cuddling and the kisses he'd been craving for so long. He was too afraid to jeopardize that just yet.

He laughed at Lindens commentary, sniffling and leaning into the kisses. "Food is good," He offered softly. His breath caught when Linden spoke again. Cas studied him a moment, not quite able to find his voice, and decided instead to just lean in, kissing Linden softly.

Linden was glad that mum had been nice with cas. he wouldn't have thought any different but with how upset cas was he had wanted to be sure. as cas started to get work himself up in panic he let out a calming noise and gave him a slight squeeze. "heyy now. you didn't mess up. she is going to have to find out eventually. and I'm happy to tell anyone who you want to. I'm all yours" he said. while being secret boyfriends was a mutual decision he was happy not to keep anything a secret at all.
he chuckled lightly at caspers comment about food being good and was about to reply with a yes when he was interrupted with a kiss. he kissed casper back slowly softly savouring the moment holding onto every second he could here with casper.

Cas felt a little bit better that Linden wasn't mad at him for slipping up with his mother. The kiss was sweet, soft. Calming. He broke it, sighing, brushing his nose over Lindens cheek. "You're so warm," he murmured, a hand drifting up to toy lightly with the hair at the nape of Lindens neck. "I'm cold, Lin," he spoke softly, the tears welling up in his eyes again. "I've always- I just- for so long," he whined, pressing closer and trying to hide his face again. "I've been so cold," he whimpered.

Linden was certainly enjoying being here far more than being outside. he felt his face heat up as cas kissed him his breath skimming across his cheek. "well you know what they say..." he said in a teasing tone kissing cas briefly before finishing his sentence. '...It's summer in australia. and i just ran back in here. and you are warm too" he finished. however caspers next comment seemed to contradict how he was feeling. "If you are cold you can keep the hoodie." he said as casper looked at him his eyes damp. he sat them up. "cas. if you are cold we can fins somewhere outside away from everyone else I know a few good hiding places" he said. hugging him tighter and rubbing his back to warm him up.

Cas let out a breathless laugh. He snuggled into Linden, shaking his head. "Linden, no, you adorable dense dummy," He snuggled closer, loving how strong Lindens hands were on his back. "I'm not physically cold." He murmured, pulling back again. "I meant like... emotionally, Lin." Cas smiled shyly, before letting out a sigh. "It- it was stupid, forget it," He bit his lip, sitting up. This was a bad idea. Cas and Linden were just so... different. Briar was wrong. Cas could never figure out a way to make Lin understand.

linden smiled at Casper's insult. What if one could call something that endearing an insult. "now do I take that as a good thing or a bad thing, it sounded both and I need to know if I should be offended" he said winking.
he let cas take his time to explain what he meant. it was clear it was important to him even if he didn't know what it was. "Oh" was his main response when he said that he was more emotionally cold than physically. "that isn't how you come across. but if something is bothering you, you know that you don't have to hide from me. I'm here for you, we are a team you and me. it's us against the world" he said putting an arm around Casper's shoulders and resting his head on his shoulder.

Cas chuckled softly. "It was both," he replied. He bit his lip, considering what Linden said, leaning his head on the other mans. "Don't go making promises you can't keep," he murmured, shutting his eyes. "I don't think you've realized just how much of a mess I am." He sighed again, rubbing his cheek over Lindens hair. "I don't know how to explain things to you." He spoke gently.

Lin quirked an eyebrow. "well I am half offended" he teased making it clear by his tone that he really wasn't offended at all. as cas spoke about his promises he smiled. he didn't think cas realised just how important to him he was even if 'they' didn't work out. "I don't break my promises cas. I don't care how messed up you are, i'm yours and that is that." he said with the confidence of a man who knew exactly what's wanted "well I care but only because I want you to be happy and I know whatever this mess is it hurts you" he said. back peddling before he had the chance to dig a hole for him selgf like he had the uncanny skill of doing. seeing cas hurt was painful for him too. "you don't have to explain things to me right now, or at all if you don't want to. you can take your time and work out what to say. write it down and tell me in writing, or, draw it. you always seem to know what just what to draw.' he said. turning his head slightly to very lightly kiss cas on the neck, "I have a question for you. what should I refer to you as when we aren't alone? I like calling you and thinking o you as my boyfriend but it wont be a secret for much longer if i slip up somewhere and tell them." he said. in the pas cas had been referred to as both his brother, friend, and best friend. but none of them felt important enough now.

Cas laughed half-heartedly at Lindens joke, rolling his eyes. He bit his lip though as Linden continued. "You're really good at those pretty words, you know," he murmured softly, bringing his hand up to run gently through Lindens hair and humming lightly at the kiss. He was drawn from musing over everything Linden had said when Linden asked him a question. Cas hesitated. "You can't just call me Cas?" He teased, before considering it. "Well, would your person work? That sounds platonic enough," he offered slowly, not sharing the other thought he had.

Linden smiled as cas laughed. even a half-laugh was good to hear after the tears before. "They are not pretty words buttercup. I mean them, you are important to me" he said. he smiled at Caspers comment. ""he is my Cas" that went down really well with asher" he said. Caspers cousin had picked up on the possessiveness of it right off the bad even though cas had tried to explain that he was just stating that he had meant his case not the other Kas. at Caspers next suggestion he thought. for a moment. "'no Tara, your schemes have not worked cas is my person, now go hang out with stan and leave us alone,' that sounds weird right?" he tried testing how it sounded as he spoke.

Cas blushed at the nickname. Buttercup? Somehow that was even more adorable. He laid back again, trying to pull Linden with him. "Oh, everything is pretty words." He teased, though he half meant it. Cas laughed lightly as Linden tested out the label. "Well, you could try roommate. Unless you have any better ideas I'm not sure how to sound platonic without just deflecting her. We could try for the unrequited crush angle. Though that might make her worse." He smiled. "I could ask Stan to keep her occupied."

Linden couldnt miss caspers blush he was so cute. It was fun making cas blush. "you are the adorable one" he said as he let cas pull him back down. he propped himself up on his elbow and looked at cas. "room mate is a bit of a downgrade from brother and best friend. If we do the unrequetterd crush who is going to be doing the crushing and who is doing the non requesting. and we cant ask THAT much of stan not without telling him why. and she would probably get suspicious" he said. thinking as he leant brushed caspers hair off his face.
"What we need is something that is unique to us that you and I know means boyfriend. but to everyone else is it just them being them... Bestie" he said. raising his eyebrows suggestively.

Cas smiled and shook his head. "Sweet talker," he murmured.He considered Lindens question. "Maybe you could like me?" He offered slowly. "And that could help ease Lucas into it. I could play up my issues," he thought, almost to himself. He sighed, his heart falling. "No, that's silly." He muttered. He was lost in thought, only half paying attention to Linden. "Maybe this whole thing was a bad idea..." He sighed, rolling away from Linden, spiralling back into his own head. What was he even doing? He wasn't worth this. He knew Linden deserved more. Better than him

Linden smiled at Caspers reaction. glad that this time his person seemed to be genuinely smiling, a smile as welcome as spring sunshine. "well if I get that kind of smile out of you you bet I am" he said taking Caspers hand and lacing their fingers together. "I don't know if we would be able to be convincing enough. and you are not allowed to play up your issues. i don't want you scaring yourself on me" he said squeezing Casper's hand. he could already feel cas starting to clam up again even before he rolled back towards the wall. he opened the window a little to let some of the noise in from outside specifically the music that was playing. "if you mean keeping us a secret is a bad idea. then maybe. if you mean having a code name for a boyfriend is a bad idea. well, my BFF, then maybe. but If you mean us dating is a bad idea. then hell no" he said. the song playing ended and he stood up "lets dance" he said as the next upbeat Christmas song came on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back