Closed A Very Cullen Christmas

Casper was surprised when Linden took his hand, but he wasn't going to complain. At the comment about scaring himself he just shook his head. Too late. He thought, but didn't say it out loud. "Bff?" He asked softly, glancing at the now open window. He wasn't quite sure how to respond, but Linden caught him off gaurd with his question. Cas blinked, surprised by the question. He sat up, scooting to the side of the bed. "You want to dance?" He asked, feeling like his cheeks were just permanently stained crimson. "I- I'm not a really great dancer, Lin," he offered shyly.

linden shrugged at caspers question. "I think it is meant to stand for best friends forever, but it could mean whatever else we want it to mean" he said. he hadn't really thought it through. he had just been throwing terms and phrases out there to see what stuck.
lin grinned and bit his lip when cas seemed surprised that he wanted to dance. he shrugged "Why not. we can't just spend all our lives lying in bed." he said starting to dance along "and I hope you are not expecting me to be a good dancer, or a good singer come on" he said. before startign to sing. "are you hanging up a stocking on the wall, is it time that every santa has a baaa-aaall" he sang definatly not to the same level of singing as cas had. willow was the musical one in his family. but this was fun.

Cas was hesitant, not as willing to dance as Linden, but he slowly pushed up from the bed, shuffling around a bit shyly. He couldn't help but laugh lightly at Linden. Or was it with Linden. Cas was more reserved, but he couldn't help but smile all the same. "You are so weird," he laughed lightly.

Linden could see that Casper was not initially really keen on dancing. but that didn't matter. he was slowly persuaded onto his feet and most importantly laughing. "so here it is Merry Christmas everybody's having fun" he sang holding Casper's hands in his. "but I'm the best kind of weird of course" he teased before spinning cas around.

Casper was slowly relaxing, matching Lindens odd energy. He was humming along, laughing as Linden spun him. He took Lindens hands again easily, swaying a bit more to the music and shuffling his feet. Cas didn't know how to dance but Lindens energy was catching. He smiled at Linden- a real, unhindered smile, perhaps the first one Linden had seen. "Of course," he replied easily, lacing their fingers.

Linden could see Casper visibly relaxing as they danced. were they in time to the music, no. were they going to ever win any dancing competitions, no. were they enjoying themselves. yes. well, he was and judging by Casper who looked stunning with an absolutely radiant expression he was too. "what will everyone do when they see that linden's kissing cassy-boo ahh-ahh ahh ahh" he sang changing the lyrics before pulling Casper close and kissing. no one would see them. they were inside and not facing the party and the blinds were partially closed and would obscure most of what was inside. no that it mattered this was their moment.

Casper couldn't resist the power of Linden. He couldn't say he was surprised, either. It was like Linden just had the passwords to get past Cas' defenses. Cas really needed to upgrade his security system. He giggled as Linden changed the lyrics and pulled him in. Cas smiled into the kiss, running a hand into Lindens hair and wrapping the other around the boys hip.

Cas broke the kiss after a moment, staying close and laughing lightly. "I love you, Linden," Cas repeated softly, untangling his hand and bringing it around to brush Lindens hair from his eyes before pressing his hand gently to Lins cheek.

Linden felt Casper warm next to him. he put his hands around cas and held him close. he smiled as he felt Casper's hand in his hair, his hands around Casper's waist. he blushed as Casper said "I love you too Casper" he said. kissing Caspers jaw the way that cas had kissed his back in germany. it wasn't long before the song was over and they were just standing there in each others arms. linden tilting his face up slightly looking at his increadible man.

Casper bit his lip, feeling suddenly self conscious. He knew he was blushing terribly. He laughed nervously and tried to slip away again. "I- Erm..." He stammered, struggling to come up with a reasonable excuse. He stepped back, sitting carefully on the edge of the bed. His hair fell into his eyes, an old defensive measure he'd fallen into years ago. Things felt... Very real with Linden, more raw emotion and vulnerability than Cas had been really prepared for. He twisted his hands nervously in his lap. He couldn't think of what to say for the life of him. He bit his lip, worried suddenly that Linden would be mad at him. Casper peeked up, an almost sheepish, almost scared look in his blue eyes.

Linden felt Casper tense. and he could see that radiance from before moving away from his face as he started to close down. "Cas" he said as he pulled away from him his hands lingering trying to grasp caspers as he moved away. how did he always do this and mess things ups with casper.
as cas sat on the edge of the bed. looking up at him with a terrified look in his eyes. "casper" he said sitting next to him. "I'm Sorry. whatever I messed up I'm sorry" he said. he let out a sigh leaning his elbows against his knees. why did he always do something to mess up. why did it always end up with him apologising for things he didn't know he had done wrong.

Casper's eyes widened, and he leaned over quickly, reaching up to try and press his fingers gently to Lindens jaw, wanting to turn Lindens face to see him. "No, Lin, no," Cas breathed, shaking his head again. "Baby, no, it- you absolutely did nothing wrong," Cas spoke gently. "I... I just-" Cas sighed, looking away and back to Linden. "I just get a little scared sometimes," he admitted softly. "No one can get to me the way you do, Lin. It... No one has ever been so close, not ever." He drew his hand back, looking unsure. He looked away, biting his lip. "I just feel really vulnerable with you and I don't know what to do with it..."

linden felt Casper touch his face. he turned his head at the gesture looking at Casper. He bit his lip as he spoke. it was a relief to hear that he had done nothing wrong but it didn't help but feel bad. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you or to take advantage." he said. pausing and brushing his hair out of his face."I mean it when I say I've got you and wouldn't ever want to hurt you." he said putting an arm over caspers shoulder. "we are most importantly friends. i am not going to do anyhitng that you wouldn't want. and even though we are dating I want us to still be friends. and I want us to still just hang out. and I don't want you to feel vulnerable, or uncomfortable. i just want you to be happy" he said giving him a slight squeese before letting go.

-godmod approved-

Merlin, if Linden was any sweeter he'd be a fictional chocolateer. Cas stood, grabbing Lin and pulling him up for another dance, this was slow. "Snowflake, baby, don't apologize," Cas scolded Lin gently, swaying them out of time with the Christmas music still drifting in the window. "If you're really sticking around, well, I'll need to adjust." Cas pressed his forehead to Lindens and shut his eyes. "I told you I was a mess. I guess... Well, I guess I'm just your mess now," he murmured softly.

Linden was not expecting cas to stand up. he almost jolted as his man moved. but they were up and dancing again this time he was in caspers arms another slower Christmas song making its way in through the window. He started apologising for apologising before he realised what casper had said."I'm s-. did you just call me baby?" he asked in surprise before he rested his forehead against caspers. "I guess we will both need to adjust. he said leaning closer. "I am here for you mess and all. happy to help you sort through it in whatever way you want me to" his lips brushing caspers as whispered

Cas smiled shyly, looking away and back again. "I, um, I did. Should I not?" He asked softly, unsure. He hummed, kissing Linden back easily. He sighed, and shifted, wrapping his arms around Lindens waist. He buried his face in the man's neck. Cas... Still felt very vulnerable. But instead of stepping back again he tried to just hold onto Linden. He clutched Lins shirt, sighing again. "This helps," he whispered, leaning a bit heavier into Linden than he meant to. "This helps a lot,"

Linden felt his face warm as cas looked away and then looked back at him. "no, it's not that. could you umm, say that again" he asked letting his eyes fall away from caspers gaze as he as he shyly looked down. he let cas change positions of his arms and he changed his group on his man. as they swayed on the spot. "Let's just stay like this buttercup" he said one hand playing with caspers hair the other around his waist as one song ended and another one started.

Cas smiled, laughing a bit shyly. He leaned in, kissing Lins cheek. "Whatever you want, baby," he murmured in Lins ear. He felt silly saying it, but he hoped Linden liked it.

He sighed happily as Linden played with his hair. This... Felt really different, to anything Casper had ever known. It was... Hard to explain. He hummed softly, nuzzling into Lins neck. "I really like this," he murmured, not saying half of what he thought. Nuzzled in like this, it felt right. It felt like home. But Cas wasn't ready to admit that out loud.

A knock on the door interrupted his thoughts, and he whined softly, not hearing who was there and instead just pressing impossibly closer. "No, not yet," he breathed, reluctant for the moment to end.

Linden felt his face go red and goosebumps rise on his arms as cas whispered in his ear. he knew it was silly but he liked it. the possessiveness it implied he was Casper's. he belonged to Cas. as they stood there it was what he wanted. as cas leaned in close he smiled enjoying the moment for what it was, stretching the space between the seconds before they had to go back and join the party.

just then there was a clatter of feet outside the door and the handle turned but the lock had worked and didn't open. "Lin, Lin, Lin, Look what aunty Madlyn got me for Christmas" came the sound of his sister voice high with the excitement that seemed to infect all sugar-filled six-year-olds on Christmas. lin looked to cas getting his opinion if he was ready to open the door and return to the party or if they wanted to pretend that they weren't there and have some more time alone together. he felt cas move closer, something that he didn't think was possible. "It's ivy. we could pretend we aren't here" he said as quiet as he could. The knocking came again. and he looked up to cas to see what he wanted to do.

Cas shook his head, hiding in Lins neck and holding on a little tighter. He waited with baited breath. Ivy yelled she could hear them, then after a beat rushed off again, yelling to someone else that Linden was hiding another animal in his room. Cas couldn't help but snicker, still not bothering to pull away. "So what kind of animal are you hiding in here Linden?" He teased softly.

linden held his breath holding back lvy knocked again. "Lin I can hear you in there" came her voice before she scurried off. she could hear her go with the call of "Willow. lin is hiding an animal in his room and won't let me in to show him sparky". lin looked at casper and then they both started to laugh. he smirked at Caspers question. "my Casopillar of course" he retorted as the footsteps returned the scuffle of ivy with the almost silent pads of willow. "pipsqueak we know you are in there, you have one minute to open the door and see what ivy has to show you or I am opening this door for you. and ivy is right here" came a voice that defiantly meant business "What is it with sisters and nicknames" he groaned before giving cas one last kiss." what do you want to do? he whispered letting go of his boyfriend. looking to decide if they could successfully hide cas anywhere or if it would be best to give a half-true cover story about a returned hoodie and hanging out. as willows voice came again thirty seconds"

Cas didn't want to let go, but with a quick kiss he was alone again. The absence seemed suddenly very much more apparent, sending a chill up Cas' spine. He kissed Linden back easily, pouting when that ended too quickly. He motioned for Linden to go to the door before stepping over and laying down on the bed quickly, shutting his eyes and pretending to be asleep.

Linden let himself linger a second longer with cas his fingers lacing with cas' as they stepped away from each other. he took a couple of steps towards the door and looked back to see what cas was doing. fifteen seconds came his sister's voice from the other side of the door. he tried to smooth down his hair and stop himself of looking so flustered he glanced back at cas who was lying down his back to him much like when he first got to the room. "five, four three" lin opened the door finger to his lips. "Shh cas is asleep" he whispered. stepping forward and shutting the door behind him before willow could get a proper look he crouched down "now Ives what did you want to show me?" he asked as the little girl proudly held out an animated Sweedish short snout dragon "Its sparky" she said proudly "she can be friend with ild" she said. lin smiled. "and what a handsome dragon you have. i am sure they will get on, we can introduce them once cas wakes up" he said, and looked up at willow who raised an eyebrow at him in a way that said. sure you were just hanging out in a room with a sleeping cas with the door locked. "we were sitting talking looking at the album he gave me for Christmas and he fell asleep against me, he must still be jetlagged" he said hoping that his story was somewhat believable. "first one to the garden gets one of chante's biscuits" he said starting to make his way towards the kitchen and out of the house slowing down to let ivy overtake him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back