Status
Not open for further replies.

Patricia Styx

OOC First Name
Pattycakes!
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Tail Hair of a Male Unicorn | Willow Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Gold Dust
memorylane.png

After the popularity of the little trip down memory lane from last year we are bringing back the chance for you all to share your time on here for the rest of us to read and reminisce, laugh, cry, whatever the case may be, with you.

So come share any fond memories you have from your time here, be them cringe-worthy n00b moments (which we’ve all had, admit it :r ), a favourite memory, a proud moment, a sad memory...basically anything goes.

So come share your trip down memory lane with us all, be it a single memory or your whole time here on HNZ, heck even if you have some screen captures that made you laugh for whatever reason or maybe from an epic HNZ moment that you were able to capture for us, we look forward to reading them all.

Hehe, my main memory would be when I first joined, and I was RPing with Luxen. And I wrote:

'I love you Luxen!' She whispered. And then, she died.

LOL! Phoebe and Beth will never let me go on that xD

Yes Claire xD And when one of your characters tripped and died on a rock by the lake :tut:

I remember when Libby was unsorted, and she went into a pub and ordered firewhiskey xD =)) fail

Mimosa Andrews said:
Hehe, my main memory would be when I first joined, and I was RPing with Luxen. And I wrote:

LOL I was in that rp! I was like wth she doing =)) to funny

I am not sure if it is a memory more like feeling. Ahh I am not sure but I am going with it. When my now ex was in Iraq and I was scared for him and it was looking like I might be deploying to another part of Iraq I can remember getting on HNZ at 2am in the morning and you guys would cheer me up. Heck anytime I get on HNZ there is always something that cheers me up when I am down. I have a life outside of HNZ but truthfully just between me and you guys. You are cooler than my friends in RL. Just don't tell anyone. I am happy that I have gotten to be a part of HNZ almost three years and I hope that I get at least another 20 in lol.

Mine has to be when I first joined and I had a RP which was about ten pages long but every post was only two or three lines. Really bad. Lol.

Mine's like Tin Tin's, I've been going through all my old posts and there are so many spelling errors and they are so short. It's funny to read really :p

Shaylah Rouge said:
Mine has to be when I first joined and I had a RP which was about ten pages long but every post was only two or three lines. Really bad. Lol.
My thoughts exact. :p

I don't have that many memories. I remember I went a bit crazy with banner makers and requested three a day! HNZ has practically taken over my life! I love it so much, that when my phone dies and I scream and run upstairs to get a charger and play on it until midnight! Actually, I was on HNZ until 3am and I had tests in the morning! Oh I :wub: :hug: you guys!

Maddiie Stewart said:
Mimosa Andrews said:

LOL I was in that rp! I was like wth she doing =)) to funny
xD I was so stupid :doh: :D
And Pheebz, I correct you, she only broke her neck :r

Ahahaha oh dear...

Ahem.
-Aroha on the cliffs being waay over dramatic and such.. :shy:
-Killing off a few characters was fun; my friends and I (we know each other in RL..) were plotting it at school and got more than a few odd looks by the ways we were all excited and all that xD
-Reading through my old not-thought-out RPs is always funny xD
-My FAVOURITE memory would be the fun times on Skype and Facebook with my two favourite sisters Tin Tin and Donna <3
-My OTHER FAVOURITE memory would be fun times sending letters and phoning and all that with Zachson, and how I'm now his Mummy xD <3
-Meeting all of you guys! Even if I have yet to meet you all offline, you're all so amazing and I can't wait to get out of NZ and into the world to meet you all! :wub:

(PS; if I remember right my one and a half year HNZ anniversary was a few days ago.. or is that next month?)

Memory Lane? It's more like Memory Highway when it comes to HNZ.

I found HNZ through MySpace, all because I was going to chew someone out on an HP fan page for dropping spoilers before the Deathly Hallows came out. Now I wonder how my life would've turned out if I hadn't clicked on the link in "Alicia Barker's" post that fateful day. I remember when I first joined, I had waited a few days to sign up. I poked around for a bit to check the place out. I'd never RPed before, so I decided I'd give it a try. There were only a handful of people on the site at this time.

Before I joined, I had to make a character. I named my character after a name I loved from Spanish (Estrella, which means star.) Estrella needed a surname. Deciding that I wanted Estrella to be part Norwegian, I took to an online translator. I put the word dragon into the translator and came up with Drage. It was good enough for me!

I didn't waste any time in getting Miss Estrella Drage sorted. I came up with the ingenious idea that her friends should call her DragonStar (it didn't stick, believe me.) Being the n00bie that I was, I based her sorting application mostly on me. While I waited to be sorted, I was actually afraid that Estrella would be placed in a house outside of Ravenclaw. Luckily, Ravenclaw was where she belonged, and it was Ravenclaw that she was sorted into.

During Estrella's first few years as a student, I was more concerned about having fun within my RPs than actual character development. Some of the things my characters did were very silly! Don't get me wrong, it was still a blast. I had some crazy RPs and plots going on with my characters and their friends! I made Estrella's father, Tristan, a month after I registered with her. I wanted him to be a bad guy of some sort, but I couldn't decide which kind or to what degree. Alicia suggested that I make him a DE, and thus, Tristan was born. At that time, I also played pretty much all six DEs that were on the site. They were crazy times. The plots that followed are perfect examples for newcomers on what NOT to do as a roleplayer, but they were fun back in their day. I'm absolutely horrified at just how bad these plots were. Even then, I have to laugh every time I read or remember Liz Malfoy telling stinky Vlad to take a shower or Nicolas King killing a tree because he was angry that a select number of DEs had infiltrated and escaped from the halls of Hogwarts New Zealand.

In her first year of school, Estrella chummed around with Rose Landers, her dorm mate and best buddy, came up against vampires and werewolves with Rose and Alex Mosier, got into a not-so-much-of-an-argument with Sophia Stark, and fell asleep face-first in a bowl of peanuts in the company of Gryffindors Drueyna Succulus and Bruin Dumbledez. She was absolutely distraught when Rose lost her life in the Borely Mansion. On another note, it was this year that she began her love-hate friendship with Bellatrix Green, the baddest Slytherin ever.

In her second year, she contributed to some DE ass-kicking, got her first boyfriend, Kale Thomas, and was suspended from Hogwarts New Zealand for an entire RL week for attempting to use some pretty nasty curses.

I was completely stoked during Y3 when I got the PM that Estrella was to be a prefect. My character took her job very seriously! She got into some nasty arguments with first-year Athene Perthro, scared/pissed off some little Ravenclaws that were duelling in the Common Room, and tried to help Katalina Vanderhol with the Summoning Charm. (Most students didn't know that she'd gotten a little tipsy in the Leaky Cauldron and wreaked havoc on the Silver Snake in the beginning of the year.) This was also the year that I took over the Charms department as Professor Gabriel Lloyd. I seriously had fun running classes, and was sad to let them go in Y10 or so.

In fourth year, Estrella went pretty funky. After breaking up with Kale and having some problems with her dorm mates, she was a pretty emotionally disturbed teenager. Morgase Prince, Sophia Stark's mother and a sweetheart of Tristan's with whom he'd been having a troubled relationship, was murdered by her ex-husband, Sammael Stark. Tristan was forced to take Erik back and raise him on his own. After this, he moved to the US and vowed to put his old ways behind him forever and always. Out of character, these moments with Tristan were pretty intense to RP. It was there I started really developing HNZ's honorary man-ho, Tristan.

Thankfully, fifth year brought an end to Estrella's long-lasting moodiness and the insane plots. From there on out, I focused on making her the character she is today. She started her long-term relationship with future husband Jaken Styx, kissed Bruin (who was wearing a yellow dress) for a stuffed bunny, watched Professor King get kissed by said Gryffindor in a dress, and aced her OWLs. The year after that, I was super excited to find out that she had become the Head Girl at school alongside her longtime friend and rival, Bruin, HNZ's first Head Boy.

Things went pretty quickly after sixth year started. I'm tired of detailing my character's school life, so I'll try to keep this short. I was in my junior year of high school during Estrella's last years at HNZ, so I didn't get to participate as much as I would've liked to. The nice thing about this period of time was that we actually had a computer in my house! I didn't have to go to the library or stay at school for hours after they'd rung the last bell.

HNZ has definitely been a journey for me. I started the site when I was 15, and now I'm 19. I'll have been here four years in July. It's crazy to see how the site, other members, and myself have developed all together. I've played a variety of characters, and even though I'm down to a few, I'm glad to have the memories I do have. This is a wonderful place, and I hope it stays around for another 60 years.

Some other things I remember (fondly, however outrageous they are)
[ul]
[li]The Vampire on the Sixth Floor</LI>
[li]Professor King saving Estrella, Rose, Alex, and Andy Darnall from a werewolf in the Forbidden Forest
[li]Bruin and Heath gifting a bundimun to King after their detention in the trophy room
[li]The Opaleye Assault
[li]Planting and dedicating the Rosebush to the fallen Rose Landers
[li]Malfoy & Stark Manors
[li]Using the Madame Malkin's Dolls and ourselves as playbys
[li]Estrella working at Flourish and Blotts
[li]King and Rambolt's relationship <3
[li]Estrella, Kale, and their winter and summer vacations together
[li]Andy getting turned into a werewolf- and all the awesome Rps that followed
[li]Estrella getting "drunk" at the Leaky Cauldron
[li]Tearing up the Silver Snake with Courtney Potter
[li]Estrella's competitions with Bruin Dumbledez
[li]Estrella and Cyndi taking Runes with Heimdall
[li]The Prefect's Play
[li]Playing Erik
[li]Thorine brainwashing Tristan to have him as all her own
[li]Estrella meeting Christian for the first time
[li]Estrella taking out Sumner with a beater's bat and getting whacked with a bludger later
[li]Kicking kitty, snake, and badger ass on the Quidditch Pitch in Y7! [All thanks to Lily (Potter) Drage and the rest of the Ravenclaw team]
[li]Manteia pwning some little Slytherin in the dungeons
[li]Estrella and Sumner finding out they're related
[li]Estrella & Jaken <3
[li]Estrella and Katerina getting into a fight with stupid Durmstrangers
[li]Getting almost all my characters tied up with Julie's
[li]Gossip magazine plot
[li]Estrella talking with Rose's ghost before graduation
[li]Hades @_@
[li]Estrella and Kale throwing water balloons
[li]Lily and Estrella being investigators in the library
[li]Lily & Blake </3
[li]Lily and Ford XD
[li]Lily & Sumner <3
[li]Estrella becoming a Styx and Lily a Drage <.<
[li]Nick King's cradle-robbing relationship with Sakura Gemini
[li]RPs with Kaela
[li]Chace & Sumner's relationship with all its sexual tension :r =)) (Kidding. Maybe.)
[li]Kat & Chace
[li]Beth's obsession with Valcan and Julian
<LI>[li]RPs with everyone I miss. [/li][/ul]

Which leads me to:

People I miss:
Emily (Elizabeth Malfoy)
Stormie Lew
Isobella (George Weasley)
River Tamn
Steel Johnson
Lucretia Moriarty
Kirsti (Athene Perthro, Thanatos Perthro)
Kristin (Alicia Barker, Rose Landers)
Romero Love
Kaela (Sophia Stark, Kaela McIlvoy, Morgase Prince, Sammael Stark)
Deb (Hilary Grace)
Oleg (Kale Thomas, Nancy Thomas)
Kim (Freya Heimdall, Njord Aesir)
Paul (Bruin Dumbledez, Arithmos Manteia, Groundskeeper Willie)
Steve
Courtney (Courtney Potter)
Alex (Bellatrix Green)
Zoey (Zoe-Hope Weasley)

I'll keep this year's short.
I remember being able to read every RP on the site. And doing so.

When I was on here before I made lots of users, I do remember CAPS LOCK DAY. :D

Memory lane....I feel old for some reason...I may not be able to RP as much as when I first started but the site continues to grow and get better...I've had many good memories and RPs on this site and would need more time than I know of to share them all the one that comes to mind though is when I first started Rping and I was meeting tons of new people, the RP's with these new people and making some good friendships with them is something that I will always cherish even if our RP characters have grown as distant as out IC characters... there are people no longer on the site that I miss and many new people that I would like to meet and get to know if time permitted. HNZ is a great site that I'm glad that I get to be apart of because no matter how busy RL get's, I know that I can always step away and come back here even if it does get fancier while I'm away lol

Abathyn Dalmoir said:
-Killing off a few characters was fun; my friends and I (we know each other in RL..) were plotting it at school and got more than a few odd looks by the ways we were all excited and all that xD
I absolutely second Livi's: plotting at school is the awesomest passtime ever! (Same group of friends.)

Also, I remember when I first joined and asked Brittany if Sia Riversend (my charrie) could be Melodie Lowe's sister. I never realised that I was about to spark an enormous family tree which was thus joined by innumerable people. Almost all Sia does is respond to the family's many, many catastrophes. Oops! ;)

Lapis Lazuli said:
Abathyn Dalmoir said:
I absolutely second Livi's: plotting at school is the awesomest passtime ever! (Same group of friends.)

Also, I remember when I first joined and asked Brittany if Sia Riversend (my charrie) could be Melodie Lowe's sister. I never realised that I was about to spark an enormous family tree which was thus joined by innumerable people. Almost all Sia does is respond to the family's many, many catastrophes. Oops! ;)
Oh yes, the ridiculously huge family tree in which virtually every single one of my characters is related? Yeah, that one. :r

I would like to add to my memories with this:
- my first roleplay in a forest where I hadn't worked out how to get characters into member groups and basically Amelia just listened to Alaian and Abathyn plotting something scary. Or something. It was really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back