A sweet new blossom of humanity

Kailie arrived in a rather interesting playroom. However, she heard feet following her, and Kailie snorted. How dare this boy just follow her as if she wanted to play with him! Kailie found a coloring book and some crayons, before she climbed on the couch and started to color. The adults were boring her and not paying any attention to her, so why should she stick around? Things seemed much warmer here, and it sent Kailie's mind in a whirlwind. Why didn't her father ever take her to Jaken's house anymore?

"Says the goblin." Tristan was relieved that there was now another adult in the room whom he didn't detest. "You bring any wine, shorty?" The dark haired man was absolutely dreading having Kalif for company. Sure, they were both grandfathers now, but that really didn't change things between them in Tristan's opinion. Styx was one of the last men in the world he wanted to be related to.

Christian's tiny hand came to rest in his father's outstretched palm. Being raised by a Dolohov, the boy was surprisingly kind. "How thoughtful of you, Christian," his father stated proudly, tousling his son's hair. Conjuring a blanket for Julie, Tristan watched as it floated to the cushion next to her. He leaned in and smiled at the tot. "Want to tuck Julie in, too? She's got her hands full with your baby brother."

Tristan watched Evan toddle away from the unnamed woman she had been harassing to her mother, blue eyes rivaling saucers. His attention turned back to his best friend. "Two? Either your counting skills have committed suicide or there's another one I don't know about." Sad thing was, the latter was very possible.

"Who you calling shorty, ya Troll?" Josh replied as he settled in the chair next to his best friend. He looked at Kalif and the pregnant woman in the room before returning his gaze to Tristan. "There is nothing wrong with my counting skills. I assume the others are at school still. I still wonder why they did it or if there is yet another grandchild on the way for you." Josh assumed that Tristan was aware of the wedding that had taken place, but now was starting to wonder if he was revealing something that wasn't public knowledge just yet.

Now thoroughly confused, Tristan wondered at Josh's words. Others at school? Did what? Grandchild? Huh? Bringing fingers to temples, he asked, "What in the name of Merlin's saggy left-" he glanced at the children, "what in the world are you prattling on about?" The only grandchild he had was Olivia, and he hoped it stayed that way for a long time. It was going to be hard enough being referred to as a grandparent by one child. "Sumner's the only one in school."

Josh looked at Tristan's shocked face, then realized he was right. "Aw, he--, um, heck," he started. "You really don't know, do you?" He leaned his head back and closed his eyes for a second. Well, there was no going back now. He was the one to open his big mouth and now he had to finish off what he started. "Sumner got married a few weeks ago to Lily Potter, Blake's ex-girlfriend."

Christian smiled as his father said he could tuck Julie in. He let go his fathers hand straight away and was over by her side like a shot. Sometimes he wished she was his mother which upset him because his own mother was just as beautiful in a different way. It was just other things, his mother had a side to her that she tried to keep him from seeing but it was sometimes hard not to. Her face sometimes became really ugly when she got very mad, never at him but it scared him when she was like that.

Slowly his little hands tucked in the other woman and without realizing what he was doing, he leaned on the arm of the chair with his little fists bunched up watching her sleep, glancing over to Estrella to watch her as well. The two women were always smiling, always happy to see him and always ready to play with not just him but all the other kids as well. He felt the longing again inside him to be part of this side of his family more but knew that his mother would miss him too much if he left her, he was also afraid incase she got very mad with him if he asked. So he didn't bother.

He partly listened to the conversation that his father and the other man were having and recognized the name of the very pretty girl that had been around at Christmas time. She had married his brother. A smile spread across his face and he began to jump up and down and then suddenly stopped looking very serious.
"If you are all marrying the bery beautiful girls there won't be any one left for me" he said in his most serious little voice.

Kalif felt his headache return almost tenfold. This was all getting on his nerves. And before he could do anything, Kailie managed to get away from everyone. He sighed and said to Nicolette, "I'll be back later. I'm going to find Kailie and bring her back down here." Kalif walked out of the room with the large amount of children and people. Just being in the room that had ruined Kalif's reputation and caused him to change his last name and get his friend locked up was just too much. Kalif held powerful grudges, and the fact that Kalif once had a mission with Tristian just made it all so peachy too. Kalif ascended the stairs, and he could hear Kailie's voice from somewhere, where he followed and entered the playroom. He stood there, arms crossed, watching over Kailie with narrowed black eyes.

Erik trailed the girl, though at a distance. He didn't want to catch the cooties that swarmed her skin. Girls never seemed to want to accept the truth that they were infected with the little critters. What wrong did the boy ever do by informing them of their condition? He was doing them a favor, after all.

The dark-haired boy stepped into a room that would draw in all children of his age. "Whoa," he exclaimed, rummaging through a toy chest. No broom. Settling with a ball, he tossed it into the air, catching it again. Plopping onto one of the ottomans, he asked the girl casually, "Do you fly?"

He must be joking. Tristan soon realized that his friend had not told him this in jest. His eldest son was married, even though the boy had years and years of his life ahead of him. He wished that Sumner would have waited, just as the man wished that he would've been able to hear the news from his son instead.

Annoyance taking the reins, he picked up Eliza, rising from the armchair and setting her back down in it. He needed some time to himself. Without a word he left the room, not wanting to sully everyone else's evening. It probably helped that Sumner wasn't around to be chewed up and spit out.

He wasn't able to share in Christian's excitement. Hoping that Sumner knew what the hell he was doing and wouldn't come to regret this later, he moved through the house. Definitely one that was easy to get lost in. A sigh wrung his chest. His children were going to drive him bat crazy, though he supposed he had only himself to blame.

Julie was awake, but heard Christian ask to tuck her in and Tristan giving him the go ahead, so she quickly 'fell asleep' to indulge him. She kept an ear to the conversation, and her hand on Evan as she came over to where she was relaxing. It was all she could do to not drop Elijah when she heard Josh say that Sumner had married Lily. "Josh, please tell me this is a joke," she said, sitting up a bit and opening her eyes. She smiled at her little blonde stepson, then turned her eyes to Tristan's best friend. "I had figured that they were involved, but didn't Lily just break up with Blake a few months ago? What are they playing at? Eloping at their age? That is just nuts! They aren't even out of school yet!" Shock registered on her face as she spoke, then worry as Tristan left the room. With another smile for Christian, she stood up and placed Elijah in the carrier again.

The very pregnant woman that was there with Kalif had been left standing alone in the room. As she crossed to follow Tristan out of the room, she stopped and with a gentle smile, she spoke to her. "Please, feel free to take my spot. I have a feeling I will be a bit. I'm Julie, by the way. Tristan's wife and Estrella's stepmother." She held her hand out for the other woman to shake, then with a smile, she headed out to track down her husband, motioning for Josh to follow her.

Josh felt about as small as a wand when he spilled the beans about the wedding. "Honestly, I had no idea that you didn't know. I figured they would have told you." He watched as Tristan left, then Julie moved to follow him, giving him the stink eye and motioning for him to follow. Taking a deep breath, he gave Estrella an apologetic smile, then moved to cooperate with her friend's wife, knowing she was not one to be messed with. Practically hanging his head, he walked along side of her. "Really Julie, I figured you would have been told. Lily is smart, she doesn't just jump into things. Sorry that I dropped the bomb on you all." He placed his arm around her shoulders. "Let's find him before he decides take out his frustration on Kalif or something."

Married already? Estrella had been aware of Sumner and Lily's engagement, but she had figured they would at least wait until after they were both graduated. A silly grin overpowered the rest of her expression. Although Lily would be dead for not sending her friend an owl straightaway, Estrella could do nothing but be happy for the couple. She wasn't one to be jabbing fingers, after all. The thought that one of her best friends was now her sister-in-law took hold of her brain and shook it to pieces.

All of the commotion stirred Olivia from slumber. The newborn arched her back, a soft cry ensuing. Estrella peeled the blanket from her legs to attend to her daughter. Not sure if Olivia was hungry or just annoyed at being woken up, she plucked the baby from her bassinet. "Hey, I think she wants Dad," she chuckled, bringing the child to Jaken. Weeks of practice had turned him into a pro at holding babies. Blue eyes opened, focusing on the man she would one day know as her father.

Estrella laughed at Christian's observation. "I think you'll be okay, Christian! There's no way there won't be a beautiful girl for a boy as nice and as handsome as you!"

The young woman noticed that the room had emptied considerably. Picking up her youngest sister, who had turned her attentions to Olivia, Estrella plopped the little girl next to Jaken. The normally shy child was too mesmerized by the baby to be frightened of the man holding her. Grinning at Nicolette, she inquired, "June, right?" Maybe the presence of another baby would crack the statue that was Estrella's father-in-law. Doubt kept the nineteen-year-old anchored to reality.

Nicolette nodded her head softly before smiling when Kalif said he'd be back and was going to go look for Kailie and bring her back downstairs, he was such a good father at times. Just as Nicolette thought she was going to be stuck standing alone, seeing at the little girl had left her, another woman came over and had decided to introduce herself to Nicolette. "Hello Julie! I'm Nicolette..or Kalif's wife if you prefer to call me that." She said with a small laugh at the end, so this woman was married to the guy that was glaring at Kalif earlier, how interesting. Julie seemed friendly enough, even if Nicolette got a weird feeling from her, she passed it off as just being a little overwhelmed with all the people and talk of teens marrying. Kids these days were in such a rush to fall in love and be married, it was really cute and foreign to Niccy.

"Hopefully, I don't think I could possibly get any bigger." Nicolette smiled to Estrella, she would have loved to sit down, but she was terrified of not be able to get back up again, she had to admit that she was much bigger than most woman were at the current stage of pregnancy, perhaps this was just a really big baby or something? "I seriously feel like a pastry or donut." She snorted and watched as the Julie woman and some man left before she decided to step closer to Estrella and the others, her golden eyes gleaming as she did so.

Jaken tried to keep his attention focused on everything around him, but it was too damned hard. Jaken leaned against the couch, and he could just fall asleep right here. The aurors' training took a lot out of him. Of course, when Olivia was disturbed, Jaken opened his stormy eyes and he sat up completely. Jaken was glad that this father business came easy to him. Either it was the auror's toughing him up and making him grow up, or something else.

Jaken took Olivia from Estrella and he cuddled her in his arms. She seemed so tiny compared to the muscled man. Jaken murmured to Olivia, "It's okay, shh..." Luckily, she didn't start to wail. That would just be embarrassing. Jaken glanced around, seeing that the room had indeed emptied so much compared to before. Kailie was gone, so was the little boy who dirtied up a piece of furniture, including his father and others.

Jaken glanced over at Nicolette and raised an eyebrow when she compared herself to something like a sweet. Chuckling finally at her remark, he glanced down at Olivia. He said to Nicolette, "It will be worth it. Having a baby, it is just worth the sleepless nights and everything." Jaken sighed and he glanced over at his wife. Despite how young they were, it was still pretty cool that they were growing up, and having a family of their own. Merging two large families by means of two teenagers that were helplessly in love. Jaken was in love, and he would never change it otherwise. Jaken smiled at Estrella before he continued to hold his daughter with care.

Kailie glanced up and she saw that boy. Ew, boys. They were just crawling with cooties and germs and icky stuff. Kailie wanted to keep her distance from the germ infested lad. Kailie glanced up at her dad, flashed him a toothy grin, before she answered Erik, "Nope. Daddy won't let me until I'm eight." There were many breakable things in the manor. Kailie did not see a reason in flying just yet.

Eliza chose not to say anything when Tristan picked her up and asked what was wrong. She was too busy sulking to actually want to say she was mad that she was not able to perform magic. Her ears did perk up when Uncle Josh said that Sumner had married Lily. She always liked the girl who was now her sister. She was not the kind to flaunt her magic in front of her, except for flying, but Sumner always made sure to take her up with him.

Finally able to get away, she wandered in the direction that Erik and the other girl had taken off in. She entered the room just in time to hear Erik talk about flying. "Flying is lame," she said scowling before crossing to a chair and slouching in it.

"Really? He must be mean." Erik was amazed that this girl had never flown on a broomstick. "Flying is awesome!" the young boy exclaimed, his features positively glowing. "My daddy won't take me out today though," he pouted, "And I am too big for the broomstick I used to have. Evan has it now." His tone was sour as he said this. He loved his little sister, but why did she have to play with all of his toys?

He blew a raspberry at his older sister as she walked in. She was so grumpy lately. "Is not, Eliza Jane! You are lame." Leaping off the ottoman, he rummaged through the toy box. Turning a quaffle he had found over and over in his hands, he chucked the scarlet ball at the new girl, expecting her to catch it.

"I prefer coloring." Kailie snorted. She sneaked a look at her father who did not look pleased at all. Kailie had not shown any magic in front of her parents, and they were constantly worried over her being a squib. Thing was, Kailie knew magic, she made things float around. And also made doors shut. It was fun. Kailie continued to color, her blue eyes off of the boy for now. Kailie then felt a sharp pain in her shoulder when the quaffle made impact. Kailie's blue eyes began to water and she narrowed her eyes at the one who threw the ball. "Jerk!" Kailie picked the quaffle up, and threw it back at him. Little did she know, Kalif was getting more and more pissed off.

"You were supposed to catch it!" Erik retorted. He narrowed his eyes at the girl. Though he considered apologizing for hurting her, he dismissed the thought when she threw the ball back at him. The young boy caught the quaffle, running his fingers over the grooves. Looking at her thoughtfully, he tossed it back at her. He knew she could see it coming at her this time. There would be no blame on him if she was too stupid to stop the ball on its course.

Tristan's ears perked up at raised voices, though their owners were only children. There was no small amount of snark in their tones. Splitting up squabbling kids was to jam your fingers in a beehive. He figured he would tell them off before the situation could escalate. The large man wondered at how his daughter and son-in-law could afford a place like this when he stepped into the playroom. His good intentions died a painful death when he spotted Kalif. The reminder that he was related to this man by marriage assaulted Tristan's skin. His jaw set in a scowl, he stood his ground. There was no way he was going to back out. Male pride glued his heels to the carpet.

Kailie scowled at the boy, and she shrugged. When the ball came flying back at her, her tears vanished and was replaced with a smile. Laughing, she caught the ball, and she showed it to her daddy. "Daddy! I catched it!" She giggled and she tossed it back at the boy. This was actually more fun than it appeared! At least she wasn't crying now. Or close to it. No, her thoughts for coloring were long gone as she was now in a nice game of catch.

Kalif's glare landed on Tristan and he narrowed his eyes. So, the idiot father had to come. Kalif wondered what in the world had gotten into Tristan. Why did he stick around when Kalif was here to ensure that the children were being good. Though Kalif was pissed about that little brat hitting Kailie with a ball, Kailie was now laughing. Kalif uttered toward Tristan, "You don't have to stay in here. I am sure that your daughter is wanting your presence." Three kids were nothing for Kalif. Kalif debated on taking Kailie back downstairs with the others, and maybe conjuring a gate or something to stop them from running off in this huge place. It would be no trouble for Kalif if Tristan and whoever that other kid belonged to downstairs. Kalif had to deal with teenagers all the time at school. Little ones shouldn't bother him. The others shouldn't be worried over the safety of their children, considering Kalif had one of his own in here as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back