Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Hey all!

Over the last little while we've been working on creating a neat little change to include along with the birthday based on a suggestion made by [member]Jesse[member].
You can now buy a custom wand for your character and read what special properties that might have from the [member]Ollivander's Page on the HNZ Shop System[member], and if you want to be true to the books you can let the wand choose the wizard and see what the system turns up. Or, you can painstakingly flip through wand woods and cores to figure out what you think will be the best fit. It's all up to you!

We hope that you enjoy this nice little treat and put it to good use over the coming years on HNZ!

Good news, everybody!

This system now ActuallyWorks™.
The short of it is: There's been a preview of this system hidden and available to staff for over a month that was fully operational. To transition it in to the publicly accessible Ollivanders some code needed to be moved, and the tiniest snippet of code that makes things like "actually buying" wands and stuff wasn't included in that switch over. :tut: How silly, right? Who actually wanted to "buy" things? :tut:
So, if you were working on making a wand you'll have to refresh the shop system before you can buy it. Sorry! :D

Alright!

We know that buying a wand can be expensive, especially now, and with so many of your characters having a wand in their inventory already you're not so sure about how many galleons you're willing to shell out for a new one.
As a special during-the-birthday-only offer, we're offering to buy your character's old wand back!
Just submit the Galleons Request form and for "What type of request is this? " select "(SPECIAL) I want to return my old wand to buy a new customized one!"
We will then add some sum of galleons to your account and I'll manually remove your previous wand from your character's inventory.

We simply ask that you please be patient with us as this is a manual process and will take time to go through. :)

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back