Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Seraphina
Wand
12" Pear with Mermaid Scales
Tilly felt like an absolute idiot after the rose giving was done and over with. She’d received six roses and hadn’t thought to send any before the deadline was up. The Hufflepuff could blame being too busy studying for OWLs and practicing for the upcoming game against Gryffindor, except she wasn’t a fan of making excuses. She was especially stung by guilt when she received the pink rose from Seraphina. Tilly was determined, somehow, to make it up to her.

Not being the most creative type, she decided more roses wouldn’t hurt. The Hufflepuff had sent off her Christmas money to her cousin Olivia and asked for a bouquet, something not too obnoxious. She was pleased when the morning owl delivery brought her a package. Inside was a floral arrangement filled with red carnations, pink roses, and baby’s breath. Tilly arrived to the Valentine’s Day dance earlier than she had the Yule Ball, waiting outside the entrance for her date and holding the bouquet at her side. It was amazing how much more confident she felt this time around.

@Seraphina My

Seraphina had felt weird about sending a rose to Tilly this time... with some kind of identification actually on it. It was especially weird since she had received no roses in return, and while she wasn't really one for romantic gestures, she thought that things were at least a little better between her and Tilly. Especially after the Yule Ball. Either way, she was somehow still going with Tilly to this dance so things must not be so bad, and as she entered the Great Hall, she noticed her very floral date from across the room, looking quite beautiful. "You look - wow." The Gryffindor was too stunned to speak.

Tilly turned as she heard Seraphina’s voice. The Hufflepuff blushed hard when she registered what her date had said. “Hi- you look great too,” Tilly blurted, feeling stupid as she said it. She especially liked the way Seraphina’s hair fell on either side of her face. And while she’d liked Seraphina’s suit at the Yule Ball, Tilly thought Seraphina looked especially cute in the dress. She wanted to feel if the fabric was as velvety as it looked. Although her fingers itched, she held herself back.

“Thanks for the rose,” Tilly said, holding the bouquet out for Seraphina. She could have apologized for forgetting to send one of her own. Not the suavest of girls, Tilly’s brain told her that returning one flower with a dozen or so was a good enough apology as any.

Seraphina wasn't sure how to react to compliments and gave an awkward smile as she pulled the skirt down. Her soon-to-be step grandmother had purchased the outfit for her, and since her mother said she had to wear it with photo evidence, Seraphina was stuck here feeling uncomfortable. She much preferred the suit that had led to the demise of her and Jenna's friendship (well, not fully, but still).

She was surprised the flowers had been for her and took the bouquet from Tilly. "These are beautiful," she said, holding them closer to her nose and then lowering them quickly. "I'm sorry I didn't bring flowers again. I forgot, to be honest." She'd just been distracted and was worried if she brought flowers, she'd look like an idiot. And now, she still looked like an idiot.

Tilly smiled when Seraphina accepted the bouquet. She seemed to enjoy it. Or at least, Tilly thought so. “Don’t be sorry- I don’t think we have to bring flowers every time, right?” Tilly still had so many things to figure out. She was absolutely clueless about anything that even hinted at dating and relationships. Her roommates seemed to be miles ahead of her when it came to that.

“Uhm, Happy Valentine’s Day,” Tilly said, her heart pattering a little as she said it. She could see the rose petals falling in the Great Hall through the door. “Want to dance again?” Despite her earlier confidence, she felt awkward, lumbering. She hadn't exactly had a lot of practice.

Seraphina shurgged at Tilly's question. Why was she asking her. It's not like she understood anything about this, and even with advice from her friend, it seemed useless once she actually stood in front of Tilly, what with her palms becoming sweaty and her heart racing. Holding onto the bouquet, she looked out over the dance floor and felt a weird feeling in her stomach. "Umm, sure?" she said, awkwardly following Tilly into the the Great Hall. She found a table nearby and put the bouquet down and walked back over to Tilly, putting one hand up for Tilly to hold and the other at the Hufflepuff's waist. She wasn't much of a dancer, but she had read some tuitorials in Witch Weekly that she definitely didn't steal from a roommate over the past few weeks. "Thanks for coming with me again. I really like going to these things. With you."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back