OOC First Name
Ana
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Straight 12.5'' Flexible Larch Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
The school breaks seemed to be getting shorter and shorter. Each time Harper returned home, it took a little extra time to properly catch up with her friends, to learn all the inside jokes and key gossip she'd missed while away at Hogwarts. And just when she started to make some headway, it was time to leave again. And then the gap between her and her friends just grew wider.

That didn't mean she'd stop trying to maintain her friendships anytime soon. She would send as many letters as it took. Though Harper had never been fond of letter-writing, the holidays always renewed her resolve. So even though it had only been a few days since she'd last seen her friends back home, Harper was already working on the first batch of letters. It was still too cold to sit outside, so she'd headed to the Student Lounge. With its airy windows and constant stream of visitors, it wasn't a bad place to work.

Harper was in the middle of sealing an envelope when she felt something tickle her leg. Frowning, she shifted in her armchair and peered down to see a creepy clay doll tugging at her shoelace. "Ah!" She reflexively kicked out, sending the creature across the room where it tumbled to a stop, picked itself back up, and started to inspect a nearby chair. Harper stared at the small, humanoid figure wide-eyed for a second before making eye contact with another student in the room. "What is that thing?"

((In case it's not clear, the "creepy doll" is a golem!))

Alexis had been relaxing on the couch ing the student lounge with Kaiba in her lap. She wasn't really paying much attention to anything. It was a day she just felt like lazing about with Kaiba. It was a cold day so being outside was not good. Just went she thought nothing was going to happen she heard a yell. Then something flew past her. Out of shock she jumped back and Kaiba fell to the floor.

It took her a few minutes to inspect the object that was moving around. It seemed to be inspecting something. It took a few more minutes for her to realize what that was. The girl who had seemingly kicked it was looking at Alexis. "I believe that is a golem." Alexis said. She saw some when she went shopping for Kaiba's gifts. They were never really impressive to her. "Not as impressive as they could actually be." Alexis admitted as she picked Kaiba up. "Are you okay Kaiba?"

Harper just stared at the girl for a second. She could now see that it was one of her classmates, someone who she vaguely recalled meeting at the start of their first year. "A... golem?" The word sounded strange in her mouth, yet Alexis seemed to say it with ease, acting as if this strange clay doll was something perfectly normal. She wondered what an "impressive" one of these even looked like. "What's that?"

Her attention turned to the cat, which Alexis picked up. "Do golems attack cats?" she asked, frowning slightly. The figure was prodding the chair leg and seemed relatively harmless. Its blank eyes and complete lack of other facial features made it unnerving, but it hadn't exactly done anything to her besides startle her. But maybe Alexis had a reason for moving her cat away from the creature.

Last edited:
Alexis was a bit apprehensive. She knew this girl from class but didn't do much to remember the name that went with the face. She always remembered faces, names not so much. The girl was unsure what a golem was which caused Alexis to frown. Alexis kept her attention on Kaiba though. "A golem is like a pet. Except you don't have to feed it or look after it really. It's like..." Alexis paused looking for a simp,e way to explain it. "Like giving life to your pen. It walks around and obeys commands and you can play with it like a pet. It's a lazy wizards companion if you ask me." Alexis added the last part with a disapproving tone.

Alexis stroked Kaiba a few times before she answered the other question that was asked. "Not if they aren't told to. It's just a lump of clay that moves around. I wouldn't want Kaiba near it though because he could get sick if he tries to eat it." Alexis shrugged.

Harper considered Alexis's explanation, still staring at the creature. "I don't know, it seems like it could be a decent pet. The obeying commands part is pretty cool." She herself didn't have a pet, but she used to spend a lot of the time with the neighborhood dogs back before Hogwarts. Getting them to do tricks and obey commands took a lot of time and a lot of treats. Having a little figurine do your bidding didn't seem like a terrible idea.

"I'm guessing cats are more your speed?" she asked, glancing at Kaiba. She nodded as Alexis explained that she was trying to keep her cat from eating the golem. Harper's attention returned to the clay doll. "Should we try to find its owner? Or can it do that on its own?" The golem was still circling the chair leg, and Harper was getting the feeling that it wasn't very smart on its own. Maybe it needed a command.

Alexis shrugged at Harper's words. Yeah, most people thought golems were cool. Most of the time they just didn't want the work that came with having a real pet. Harper didn't seem like the type though, so Alexis wasn't sure why she would think a golem was cool.

"Yeah, I do prefer cats," Alexis stated proudly. Cats were independent and still somehow relied on their owner. That's what Alexis liked the most. Kaiba was well trained anyway so he listened to her most of the time. "I don't know. Maybe its owner will realise that it is missing and come looking for it. Golems can't really act on their own. Like I said it's just clay that can move. It has no intelligence." Alexis said. She eyed the golem at the chair. She wasn't really interested in finding the owner because they probably didn't even care that much. If they did they would be looking for it already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back