A planned meeting

"You're not playing right! You have to give a better answer than that! Mine is blue - like the sky!" she smiled, "Alright, well here's an easy one then..."
Andromeda smiled, she felt totally brazen but she was lightheaded and giddy right now. "Can you kiss me?"

"That's way too easy!" Andromeda laughed, she stood up as if thinking about her answer and then took off at a run,"You'll have to catch me to find out though!"

She laughed uproariously and zigzagged between the avenue of bushes.

Blane stood up in slight shock. He looked around and began to chase after her. He wasn't a strong runner. Never had been, also the fact he hadn't eaten much wouldn't help him run. He chased her down the different avenues of bushes. Seeing she wasn't far up ahead Blane speed up slightly.

Andromeda was quick on her feet but turning around noticed Blane wasn't, she slowed down a bit - never in her natural born days did she think she would ever intentionally slow down so a BOY could catch her! she smiled again and lurked behind one of the tall bushes, she peeked out from the side slowly to see where he was!

Blane kept running, he had never been a good runner. With little money in his house there was never much food so he would have to go with out food for periods of time and ate little when he did have food because of this his endurance was pretty low. He saw her looking out from behind one of the tree and tried to speed up. As he ran a little faster he felt his breathing shorten, he felt tired, sick and dizzy.

Not far from where he had seen Andromeda, Blane stopped. He felt quite sick, he bent down facing a path way that lead to a little pond and was sick. He was only a little sick before becoming dizzy and collapsing onto the ground. He didn't often have to run. The only other time he ran was when he was late for Astronomy but that had been different, he had, had water in his bag.

Andromeda saw Blane running, she didn't like the way he looked. He honestly looked in pain. Then he seemed to be doubling over.
"Blane?"she called coming out from the bushes. She saw him throw up and then collapse.
"Blane!" she ran as fast as she could to him and skidded to a kneeling positon beside him on the grass.
"Blane? Blane? are you ok?" Andy didn't know what to do, she shook him gently.
"Blane?" Why were boys always collapsing around her she thought, especially when help was no where to be seen.
"Blane I'm going to have to go and find a teacher. Will you be ok?" she bit her lip, "Blane?"

Blane stirred, he opened his eyes slowly and had to blink a few times before everything came into focus. Andromeda was calling his name. He felt sick, raising himself slightly he looked straight at Andromeda and said "I don't need a teacher, I feel fine" he began to stand up, staggering a little he got to his feet. Still feeling a bit dizzy he didn't move any further. He looked down at Andromeda "I'm fine, just tired and I need water."

"Think you better sit down, I'll try and find some!" Andromeda looked anxiously at him. She looked about and then remembered the lake.
She looked around for something to carry it in and saw some old plant pots.
"I'll rinse one of these out and get some water, just give me a minute", Andromeda picked up a pot and ran to the lake. She rinsed the pot thorougly and filled the pot half way with water then tilted it to the side so as not to spill any from the bottom hole.
She carried it to him and held it out to him.
"Try some of this Blane!"

Blane carefully sat down. He watch Andromeda, taking the plant pot of water Blane drunk. He didn't care that the pot might have germs he just drunk. Still a bit pale and still feeling a bit sick Blane said "Sorry about that. I should've had more to eat this morning." He smiled "You never answered my question?"

Andromeda put her hand to his forehead, she was worried about him.
"Blane please, if you collapse again I can't help you!" she sat down beside him and took his hand in hers.
"Yes, I do like you. I like you alot. That's why I'm so worried about you now! I've never seen anyone do that after some running!" She rubbed his back with her free hand, her other hand gently holding his.

"I try, but before I came here, when I lived alone in my house there could be times when there was little food so I would go through periods of not having anything to eat or not having much in the house I rationed it. So now even though I have all the food I could eat, I'm not hungry for it." Blane said

"NO!" she stopped and turned to him,"You just got sick, you collapsed, you're dehydrated and hungry. If you don't come back with me to the school then I'll...I'll leave you here and go back myself!" Andromeda let go of his hand and looked at him with concern.
"Please, we have the next seven years to explore! But we won't unless you start taking care of yourself!"

Blane’s face lost the little colour, that it had come back to his face when Andromeda finished speaking. The words echoed in his head. He looked back on his life when he was growing up alone. The nights without food, looking in the kitchen for food for breakfast and sometimes never finding anything. The days when he would wake up on the floor of a room not knowing how he had got there and hungry. As he grew older he became used to the little food, why was it a problem now, he had never consider the consequence of the little food.

Blane looked down at himself and his bare arms, they were quite thin and a bit on the bony side. “Please don’t leave me” Blane said taking Andromeda’s hands again. He looked at her, his eyes full of desperation “I’ll go with you, I’ll eat. I’ll do anything” He said, hoping it didn’t sound too desperate.

Andromeda's heart went out to him, the sheer desperation in his voice. What had he been through? she thought.
"I'm not going anywhere where you're not going too!" she smiled at him, "I just need you to stay healthy" she laughed then and said, "actually more to get healthy."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back