Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Noel
Wand
Vine Wand, 12 3/4", Dragon Heartstring Core
Adorah was never one for dances before she met Aisa, but the downside of having such an awesome girlfriend who worked for the yearbook was that she spent a portion of the dances preoccupied with herself. The Ravenclaw had never been much of a socialite, and standing alone in a crowd full of people didn't necessarily help. She found herself at an empty table, watching her sister dance like the life of the party in the distance, and wondered why she couldn't be so carefree. The girl pushed a stray hair behind her ear and took another sip of her soda, zoning out as the music played in the background.

@Nicole Fisk @Aisa Hunter

Noel was lovely and Nicole was really trying to have a nice time tonight, but between Eric and seeing Iris and Ajax together as well, Nicole's mood was tanking. She'd slipped away with the excuse of grabbing a drink just to get her head on straight, taking a moment to gather herself as she poured some juice into a cup. The last thing she wanted was someone like Noel thinking she was a downer to hang out with.

Drink poured, Nicole turned, smiling with quiet surprise when she spotted Adorah standing alone nearby. "We don't match this time" Nicole said, walking over and rocking on her heel a bit as she greeted Adorah with a little wave. No, this time Adorah had gone for a gorgeous, slinky dress that was probably Nicole's favourite shade of blue and it was a struggle for her not to stare like an absolute idiot as she talked to her. "Are you here alone?" She asked after a moment, trying to shake herself out what was probably some very obvious staring, flushing and looking into her drink instead.

Adorah had been eyeing Juniper when she heard a familiar voice, looking up and subconciously let a smile rise to her face. "Definitely not this time, but I don't think I could rock that dress like you do," she said, admiring the girl's fashion sense and unsure what she meant behind the comment. Taking another sip, she cleared her throat and shook her head. "Not... technically. Aisa's around somewhere snapping photos. You know, for the yearbook? Keeps her busy." Adorah didn't understand how Nicole's complexion seemed so... flawless. "And you? You're surely not here alone?"

Nicole stammered and blustered for a moment when Adorah complimented her dress, her hand doing a pleased little flutter near the hem of her dress while she tried to think of what to say. "You're just saying that," she managed awkwardly, though her face still felt warm. "I was worried I'd look like a picnic blanket," she added in a grim whisper.

Nicole's bubble did feel a little burst when Adorah mentioned she was here with Aisa. Of course. Aisa Hunter. Her girlfriend. "Oh right! That's pretty cool. I bet you get all the best pictures of you in the yearbook," Nicole said, glancing briefly over her should, whether to check for Aisa or even Ajax she wasn't sure. Truthfully, Aisa Hunter kind of scared Nicole. She always looked so severe, Nicole wasn't sure she'd seen her smile, ever. It seemed an odd match with Adorah, who was so sweet. "No, no. I'm here with Noel. We're doing the whole blind date thing," Nicole said, flapping a hand in Noel's general direction as her brain tried to think of a way to talk about anything else but their dates right now. "You um. You look really good in blue, by the way. You're so lucky to be in Ravenclaw."

Adorah giggled when Nicole said she might come across as a picnic blanket. "Well, I've never seen such a fashion forward comfort item," she said with a smile as she unconciously placed her hand on Nicole's arm for a moment, quickly pulling it away. Adorah looked around the room to see if Aisa was nearby but was quickly drawn back into her conversation with Nicole. "Umm, sometimes. She's usually taking pictures of others though," she responded, suddenly wondering why they hadn't taken more pictures together. She was surprised that Nicole had signed up for the blind date event with Heta, thinking the girl probably could have gotten a date easily. Her next comment inherently made Adorah blush, and she quickly took a long sip of her beverage, realizing the conversation was headed in a direction that she wasn't sure was okay. Besides Aisa, she'd never been interested or flirted with someone else, and yet, she could feel her some excitement talking to Nicole that she hadn't felt since their first time really chatting on the cliffs. "Yeah... that and Juniper is really good at picking out my clothes," she joked, pushing some hair behind her ear as she looked at the floor, focusing on her shoes. "Well, I don't want to keep your from your date," she suggested, looking back up at Nicole.

Aisa had tried to rush through her photos, feeling guilty for leaving Adorah waiting by herself. But in her haste, she actually made quite a few mistakes and had to repeat a few photos. It had all taken too long, and Aisa was a bit grumpy about it all. She was looking around for Adorah now as she put her camera away. She spotted the girl after a short while, seeing she was talking to a younger girl. Aisa mostly knew Nicole Fisk from the weird Eric drama last year, and barely had an opinion of the girl. She just seemed pretty basic to Aisa. But as she approached, she felt a bit uneasy. There was something about the way the two girls were talking that set a vague alarm off in her head. She was pretty sure the younger girl was blushing, and Adorah seemed to be kind of taken with her as well. Aisa cleared her throat, moving to Adorah's side. "Sorry to keep you waiting." She said, giving Nicole a decidedly cold look.

Nicole flushed again, pleased that Adorah found her admission funny. “I was aiming for festive but I’m worried I slipped into blankets territory,” she said, smoothing a hand down her dress again. “I love Juniper, she’s so artsy,” Nicole gushed when Adorah mentioned her sister, not for the first time feeling incredibly jealous of another student for having such cool siblings.

Nicole stilled when Adorah said she didn’t want to keep her, about to make some sort of excuse about needing to be hydrated but she cut herself off when Aisa made her appearance. “Hi,” Nicole mumbled into her drink, glancing briefly between Aisa and Adorah and ignoring the twist of disappointment in her stomach. “Well, yeah, I should probably get back to Noel and all,” she said, jabbing a thumb over her shoulder half-heartedly. It was silly, but she’d almost forgotten entirely about Eric and Minnie while she’d been talking to Adorah and while she had been enjoying Noel’s company in theory, she suddenly didn’t want to leave.

Adorah was glad others seemed to like her sister, who she sometimes worried was a little too abrasive. "She definitely is," she continued, glancing again at her sister who was standing out in a royal blue fit. She didn't necessarily want Nicole to go, as she was enjoying talking with her, actually getting to spend the evening with someone - which is why she jumped a little when she heard Aisa's voice behind her.

"Oh, hey," Adorah quickly greeted her girlfriend, giving her a quick kiss. "You know Nicole, right," she said to Aisa, almost too cheerily. Feeling a tinge of disappointment as Nicole decided to leave, she wanted to ask her to stay, but seeing as Aisa was here now, she thought it would be best to spend time with her girlfriend. "Right, uh, well, nice talking with you," Adorah ended, giving Nicole a sympathetic smile before slowly turning to Aisa. "Did you get some good photos?" she asked the Gryffindor, pretending like nothing out of the ordinary had happened. Because it hadn't. Had it?

Aisa wasn't sure if it was warranted, but she felt a little tense and uneasy about this exchange. Had she imagined they had seemed flirty? "Yeah, I know her," Aisa said, unable to keep her voice from sounding slightly cold. She was glad the girl said she had to go, apparently, she was Noel's date. Somehow, she seemed to fit with the idea of what sort of girl Noel would take to Aisa, so that made sense. Aisa shrugged. "Yeah, they were fine." She said, but she kept her arms crossed, the feeling of unease not quite leaving her yet.

Adorah wasn't sure why Aisa seemed distant. It wasn't like she was doing anything wrong - just talking with a friend, right? "Do you, uh, want to get one of us?" she asked, trying to shake the Slytherin from her mind. "The one you took of us during our first dance is my favorite," she added, trying to be extra sweet on her girlfriend. Adorah wasn't sure why she suddenly felt so guilty and looked towards the dance floor, seeing Nicole now back with Noel. "Or we could go dance?" she suggested, realizing she hadn't actually danced this entire night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back