Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual (Len♥)
Wand
13' Applewood Core of Meteorite Dust
Chante came to the Yule Ball without a date this year, which was perfectly fine with her if someone should ask. With the recent news of her mother being pregnant and studying a bit for exams, Chante hadn't made herself available for someone to ask. And then she had the idea instead of going to the Yule Ball with someone she would take this time to do a little observing by the snack table. Chante made some of her bake sale goodies and integrated them with the other festivities favorites. Not only did she add some of the bake sale originals, she mixed in some of her newer inventions to see how anyone reacts to them. She thought it was perfect use of her time and it got her mind off things. If she had enough of the snack testing, Chante could always see what Willow and her friends were up to. For the time being, she was keen on seeing how the testing goes.

If anyone asked, Leda was at the Yule Ball, strictly on Hogwarts Monthly business. She thought it good behaviour to attend the events around the school, just so that she had the most information possible when it came to writing her articles. She was a little sad she hadn't come officially with Mervyn, or even Zennon, but she hoped that at some point she would have time to catch up with one of her closest friends. Spotting another girl, one that the Slytherin didn't talk to all that much, but perhaps it would be a good time to change that, she walked up to her, careful not to trip over in her heels along the way. Apparently the Hufflepuff was too taken with the food to be paying much attention to anything else. The red head stepped up to her side, glancing up and down the table and clearing her throat. "Any recommendations?" she asked, seemingly innocently with a pleasant smile on her face. It wasn't that she didn't get along with Chante, in fact quite the opposite given she'd barely ever spoken to her, but that being said she seemed close to Willow, and anyone who was willing to defend that particular Gryffindor wasn't very high in her books.

Chante must’ve looked as if she was hogging the entire snack table to herself standing in front of it, almost like she was guarding the spread like a three-headed-dog. She tilts back, turning casually to meet the eyes of Leda Layton. A smile forms on her lips, Chante tries to make it as genuine as possible considering who it is that was asking about sweets on the table. “Well, Leda, it depends on what your taste buds are craving for. You can go for chocolate, like these chocolate brownies with a gold chocolate coin in the middle or, maybe you’d like a cinnamon roll, it has a cherry syrup center. And these are new, I haven’t seen them yet, they look like bowtruckles, right?” Another cinnamon stick treat glazed with a bit of chocolate syrup layered on top. They were actually called churro sticks, and Chante was happy to have discovered them in a book from treats all over the world. Chante messed with them until she was able to shape them like the little tree guardians. No magical abilities with this treat, she hadn't made up her mind if she was going to give them one or not. "The rest is your typical spread, cockroach clusters is probably my favorite."

Leda was stood with her eyebrows raised in fake agreement as she was letting Chante ramble on about all the different sweets on the table as though she was a first year or something. She had to suppress a snort too when the Hufflepuff said that the Churros looked like Bowtruckles. She'd grown up in America and churros had been particularly easy to come by, but it was amusing for the red head to see someone who saw the doughy goodness as anything more than sugary snack. "Do they have any Dragons? Or perhaps a Crup? You know I have always want to see what a Basilisk tastes like," she said with a serious expression, wondering if the sixth year was going to realise she was completely taking the mickey. Leda scrunched her nose up when the girl mentioned Cockroaches Clusters though. "What on earth is that? Please tell me they don't actually contain real cockroach.." if they did, that was disgusting.

Chante frowns, she should be mindful that not everyone was going to find her bake goods appealing. Leda listing off dragons and a basilisk of all things were just mocking the aspiring baker. She resumes the politeness in her voice, shrugging at Leda. “I don’t think that’s an appropriate treat for Yuletide, maybe you can ask the house-elves to make something for you on Halloween. I’m sure they can come up with something that will petrify your tastebuds,” Chante mused. She wouldn’t dare take that idea run with it. Perhaps for Halloween, as she suggested, or else recreating basilisk-like treat was only asking for trouble. And not just any trouble, the dark kind. “They’re sweet and crunchy, Honeydukes sells them. You should try them, you might like them.”

Leda wasn't sure she wanted her taste buds petrified, but each to their own. "Are you going to be a chef when you graduate?" she asked the Hufflepuff, wondering if she could have used it in any way. She did after all have a Quidditch team to entertain, so maybe she could prove to them she was the favourite Captain if she commissioned some Quidditch treats for them. "You make your own stuff?" she added, thinking back to the bake sale. Leda hadn't actually attended herself, but perhaps she should have. She'd definitely heard about it though, by the sounds of it most of the school and end up eating her cakes.

Chante's breath hitched slightly, a genuine real smile found her lips. “Pastry chef,” Chante corrected the Slytherin. Goodness, it was so great to tell someone else other than her family that she aspires to be a pastry chef. If it wasn’t so obvious, yet, no one else has been that interested in the path she was taken until now. Should it make any difference that it was Leda taking an interest? “I do, I do sometimes. Whenever I’m able to, prefect duties and lessons kinda get in the way. That’s usually when I’m inspired when my mind is busy,” Chante admitted, a rosy blush tinted her cheeks. “Is there a reason why you’re asking?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back