Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Noel
Wand
Vine Wand, 12 3/4", Dragon Heartstring Core
Adorah had been enjoying her short return to Hogwarts, and while it was about to come to an end, she figured enjoying the Yule Ball would be a pretty good send off. As she made her way into the very differently decorated Great Hall, she found herself standing near a table, keeping an eye on things. It felt odd to be on this side of it, and it reminded her of her own days at dances, feeling a lot of complicated feelings. One would have thought that those feelings and insecurities would have disappeared as an adult, but since she was barely one to begin with, she was still struggling just finding herself. Her thinking was interrupted by a few young boys trying to take some snacks out of the Great Hall. She gave them a look before retreating back to watch the others.

Ruto wasn't sure what to expect for the Yule Ball. She never really attended any fancy events as she thought she was much too young for them. The girl didn't want to miss out on the opportunity though, especially since it would be her first time to do so. She would have loved to dress up eccentrically, however thought that would be far too much just yet for the people around her. The girl decided to dress in plain black with some boots that would be a lot more comfortable than high heels. She instantly regretted this however when she noticed her Astronomy professor wearing the most amazing dress she had ever seen. Ruto was quick to approach her, her eyes wide at the sight of it. "Professor, your dress... it's extraordinary." she said, looking up and down it as she admired it.

Adorah was about ti continue scolding the young boys as they decided to cause trouble again when a young voice interuppted her. She looked down at one of her first years and gave her a smile. "Well, thank you, Roo," she said kindly. "I actually wore this dress when I was a student here a few years back. Figured I'd pull it out of my closet and put it to use. You look very nice. Are you enjoying yourself?" she asked the young Ravenclaw. She knew how big these events could seem to the first years and hoped they weren't too overwhelmed or had a friend to spend time with.

Roo smiled as her professor called her 'Roo' instead of 'Ruto'. It instantly made the professor one of the best. "How long ago were you a student?" Roo asked, wondering if she perhaps knew her mother, or her aunts and uncles. At her question, Roo shrugged. "I guess so. I just arrived though, and I didn't realise how much effort everyone put into their outfits for this event. I should've worn something better." Roo had many ideas in her head for the following year and couldn't wait to try them all out.

Adorah smiled at the girl and measured how young she was comparatively. Her own siblings had been quite a bit older than her, and she had a moment of how wild it would be to have a sister this young. "Well, I graduated in 2055, so just a few years ago, actually." Listening as Roo put her own attire down, she kneeled down a little bit and gave her a smile. "You look beautiful in your dress and just coming as you," she encouraged the young girl. Coming from handme downs, she knew how important these dances could be when others came in such extravagent likes. "Besides, not everyone can pull off a simple black dress," she said, coming back up to her full height.

Ruto was surprised at how young the professor was, but she had just enough of a filter to not admit that she thought she was older. She simply nodded, figuring she probably wouldn't know her aunt and uncle then. As the professor complimented her dress, Ruto couldn't help but blush a little. "There's something about a simple black dress though. It blends in too much with the crowd. I'd rather stick out, wouldn't you?" Ruto looked up at the professor as she stood back up. "Maybe next year you could help me pick something. Will you still be here next year?" Roo knew the professor was only temporary, but wondered how long she would stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back