OOC First Name
Ghost
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Wand
24" Cedar with Acromantula Web Core
Kaelan Borisyuk really loved his lifestyle. He knew exactly what to do to bring home plenty of funds in order to keep his house and his hobbies funded. Kaelan knew that he was high maintenance. His clothes, hair, tattoos, video games, drinks - all of it added up. Because he was a bit more of a social person, he decided to ask Arvel Ayers, a coworker, to come over to his home for some drinks and maybe play some cards. Kaelan liked to gamble, but considering Arvel’s salary, he decided to include some sort of play money instead so everything could still be fun. However, Kaelan’s concept of time went out the window when he was swimming in his pool. It was practically a lake considering it had to be deep enough for the part-giant to dive, enclosed in glass walls to keep the heat in. The only way in is a path through the backyard because he was doing some work on the front, and that was the instruction he gave to his coworker. He had a few towels on the side with a few chairs. The door was cracked open, however. Anyone could come in and get the drop on him, but Kaelan wasn’t worried. He was over twice the size and magic resistant. He had nothing to worry about unless it was Killian. And Killian didn’t know where he lived. Kaelan slowly floated on his back and looked up through the glass ceiling, trying to guess what time it was.

When Kaelan had invited Arvel over for drinks, he'd assumed the part-giant's house was fit for entertaining. What he hadn't expected was a mansion, complete with an enormous garden and the biggest private swimming pool he had ever seen. The closer he got, the smaller he felt, and as he reached the end of the garden path he suddenly realised that everything had been built for Kaelan's proportions. The man was loaded. Born into money, Arvel presumed, for he knew the gap between the wages of a cleaner and a healer was not as significant as it ought to have been. He approached the pool and knocked on the glass, holding up a case of beer. It had only felt right to come with drinks, though in hindsight, he wondered if he should have brought kegs.

Kaelan heard a pair of footsteps. Very, very faint but for his old job, he had to stay alert for any reason. His eyes opened as he heard a knock on the glass door. He shifted so that he was no longer floating, and swam to the edge. He folded his arms across the edge. "Huh, you brought some shots." Kaelan had harder stuff in his house, which was what he actually planned on drinking with Arvel. Kieran was a bigger fan of beer than he was. "I should have told you to bring swimwear. I’m not exactly good at Transfiguration, but if you can turn your pants into trunks, you could join in. If you know how to swim." Kaelan’s pool was rather deep. Even the shallow side was over most people’s heads with it being 6 feet deep. Kaelan wanted to see what Arvel would do before he would ultimately get out of the pool. Or lake might be a better word for it. At least he used salt water versus chlorine. It did wonders for his skin.

Arvel smiled a rare smile. "Cheeky b*****d," he said, letting himself into the enormous glass room. He considered ribbing the part-giant, but that seemed about as sensible as poking a bear, so he kept his mouth shut and put the beers down by the poolside. The cans were already starting to sweat. "Really? It was one of my best subjects. I mean, for a while." Very, very occasionally, Arvel wished he could have another go at school. He was in a much better state of mind these days to focus. But then he remembered how absolutely miserable he'd been, and suddenly he was thankful he'd never have to suffer another minute of classes.

Anyway, he knew how to change his pants into swimming trunks. He slipped off his shoes and, after a slight hesitation, pulled his shirt over his head. "Am I going to disappear? How deep is it?" he asked, dipping a foot into the warm water. "I might need one of those floaty things."

Kaelan truly didn't mind making others smile, since it was easier to converse with someone that did show emotions, versus someone like his older brother. "I've been called much, much worse." Kaelan chuckled softly as Arvel revealed that it was one of his best subjects. If that were the case, he could have been doing so much more than what he was now. Right, he needed a job where he didn't have to stress or think. Something along those lines. Kaelan did have to wonder if Arvel felt somewhat insecure around him. The lad was scrawny compared to him, but Kaelan wasn't going to brag - much. "Shallow end is six feet. Where I'm at, the deep end, is eighteen feet. Unless you can't swim, you won't need a 'floaty thing'." Kaelan honestly did not own any of them, and never thought to buy one before inviting Arvel over. "If you struggle, I'll help. I won't let you drown. I'd never let a body contaminate my pool." Kaelan's tone suggested that he was joking - though in reality, he wasn't.

"Really?" said Arvel. "How did that go for them?" He couldn't imagine the average wizard insulting Kaelan and then walking away without assistance.

Eighteen feet? Arvel was six feet tall on a good day. And though he was a strong swimmer, treading water wasn't his idea of relaxing. "Well, I need a floaty thing," he said, and he promptly summoned himself a doughnut. He climbed on and leaned back. "See? What more could you want? Oh, wait, I know - Accio beer." He caught the can one-handedly and cracked it open. "Ta-daa."

Kaelan chuckled since he was sure that Arvel really did not want the answer to that. Not the details anyway. "They never insulted me again," Kaelan smirked, but the tone was simple - he was not going into detail with it. That would get him in trouble, and he wasn't willing to deal with authorities for any reason. He laughed as Arvel actually summoned himself a float, and then summoned a beer on top of that. Kaelan wondered if Arvel knew how much that could backfire. "You know, you actually put yourself in a dangerous position. Do you know how easily it would be for me to tip you over?" Kaelan put half of his hand on the float, since it was tempting. Though, with an open beer in his pool? Not so much. "Although, when you get tired of floating around, I can show you around the house. You might need help climbing on the couch if you aren't fit."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back